Spoiler Rebirth of an Abandoned Woman

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Jade_xx, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Aster Anemone

Aster Anemone Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    I agree. Cousin is victim of the circumstances. Not having anyone to depend on. Even though in aunt's house but there are other cousins and relatives who would have shamed her because of her father. I think this is the reason she grew up to be so clever and hypocrite because she knew she had no one to depend upon except her sweet tongue. I pity her character. She hid her grievances against ML fearing he would stop loving her and did everything for his mother and home just to exist in their lives. She had the right to be jealous and bitchy. I like this way of storytelling. Everything is following a psychological pattern. Slow buildup and everything.

2. Aster Anemone

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened when SW's cousin San Yan came to visit her. I couldn't comprehend it. It happened when, ML is out in search of his cousin.

3. Regalia1896

Regalia1896 Lady Sagittarius of the Moonlight Procrastinators

Reading List:
    Link
    I have to disagree with that statement. The cousin is not a victim of circumstance. I'd understand if MC targeted her or disrespected her (even just once), but she actively sought to ruin their marriage for no other reason than because she couldn't trust the ML's word and love for her. She would thrive in modern times, no doubt, but she would be the scheming, barikko-type (they seem sweet and innocent but they're vicious and spiteful).
    MC is more a victim of circumstance to me, and I don't even like her personality. She's too passive to survive in modern times. But I do pity her: she was basically thrown into a loveless marriage, schemed against by someone who had it out for her for no reason in her mind, and died abandoned. Her whole life is just her compromising until she gains someone's affections.

4. Aster Anemone

Reading List:
    Link
    It was a given as the plot line states that MC was the victim in the story. I was exploring other perspectives too. Because I think life is not just black and white like villain and heroine, there are lots of grays that defines a character. As a psychology student I am more interested in others thought process. Cousin's character intrigued me a lot. There were lots of variables contributing in her being what she is. And mostly (not all but mostly) people do what they believe to be right. And due to surrounding circumstances and personal values everyones right is not always right. Neither everyone's wrong is always wrong.

So as far as the main storyline goes MC is the victim but apart from that, so are the other minor characters too who suffered in the story. It is just that our story is specifically about our MC.

5. Regalia1896

Reading List:
    Link
    True, but the cousin kind of just went on a rampage as far as trying to "secure" her "love". The sad part is, I like her personality more than the MC, because she actively goes for what she wants instead of sitting there taking whatever life throws at her. I feel like her scheming and manipulating sides would suit my taste in MC's more. I just have the issue of why she does it all- she has it in her head this all belongs to her. She believes that the ML's family owes her something because her own family was terrible (they hint at how the ML's mother dotes on the cousin due to the shitty marriage her sister had and how she didn't help her; cousin kind of guilt-trips her way into being the "good daughter-in-law). Her motives are also suspect, as rather than believe in her "beloved", she doubts him, guilt-trips him, sabotages his family business (in trying to sabotage the MC), and takes out her frustrations on someone who isn't even fighting with her. She also shoves a lot of people into the path of fire, just to see if she can take down her enemy, without any regard for the aftermath. She is a far more interesting character as far as motives go, but I just want to see if she really loves the ML as much as she claims.

6. Aster Anemone

Reading List:
    Link
    She think everything should belong to her, because its not, thats why she does everything that she did. And as far as my understanding of the story and character goes, the intense the insecurity is within her the more ruthless she became for her goal, that is a steady position as the lady of the house, who, no one will dare to kick out. It is said that it is our fears that often drives us to take actions in our lives, positive or negative. And I think she went negative because that was her villain route. And she is a perfect foil in that sense, to MC.
    I don't think that she thinks ML family owes her anything, I think this is part of her scheme to make them think they owe her, and then she could play with their pity and guilty conscience, if the need arise in any event. Like crying and pleading if she is discovered. And this scheme was successful in MIL case fort better part of the story.
    And I don't think she loved ML at all. He was just a tool for her to strengthen her position in the house. I think as a character she was unable to feel love and I don't think she was sincere with anyone either. She might have conquered her fear only-if-she-was-heroine :eek:

7. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    do we know what happened to the cousin's parents? ....how is her father bad?

Aster Anemone likes this.
  8. Aster Anemone

Reading List:
    Link
    Her mother died and her father also died :D. I don't remember the details as how he died though. But he was a bad person took her daughter's money and jewelery and demanded money, time to time.

9. Regalia1896

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, her mother was abused by her father (or neglected, something along those lines), and the ML's mother did nothing to help her. And yeah, this is why I think she feels the ML's family owes her something... I'm being really critical of her because I really would have loved for her to been more as a character than some vengeful, redundant villain. She had a backstory made for a tragic heroine of great depth, and instead of being fleshed out, she's 50 Shades of Disgusting to me... RIP cousin of the ML, you could have been amazing and riveting...

10. Aster Anemone

Reading List:
    Link
    :) I guess author will be glad to know your views as thats what villain in any story suppose to bring forth with their image. And writer did a good job writing her :giggle:

11. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Loved your analysis of the cousin :D. Honestly, when I can't connect with the MC, either because she's stupid, has a victim complex, forgives like a saintess, goody-two-shoes doormat, quiet acceptance stoicism, relies on men to dish the revenge, or similar, then I start trying to connect with the villains. Which is why I sympathize with the cousin and think the author gave her unfair treatment in favor of a bland and stupid MC (whose only help is that she got reborn so she knows a bit more than she would normally, and yet she remains a bland character. Now I know this is up to personal opinion, but I like proactive characters, not ones who react to what happens to them one at a time. Get me? Also I prefer MC's who stick to their mind, decisions and opinions, not change them as soon as ML does something).

That cousin lives in a world dominated by men. Women's only role is to marry and give birth. And the quality of their lives depend on the man they marry. So cousin sees good guy ML, who's dumb and easy to manipulate, and his dumb and easy to manipulate family, and see a potentially comfortable future for herself. So she stays put and flatters them as a good future daughter in law, wins the idiot's heart and needs to wait for him to finally propose marriage. Instead, he gets married to some other woman. Then he has the gall to say 'wait one year and I'll divorce her and marry you'. Like, great, what happened to your previous promises and sentiment for me? Flaky guy goes and marries someone else, and the marriage seems harmonious. If it goes on like that, the family will like her, flaky idiot guy will start liking and feeling guilty to her too, and cousin knows well what a good weapon guilt is. So what can she do but aim to ruin the family's opinion of the new woman, and worm her way into the man's house in order to control things better. This is her mistake, she should've ditched them, but at this point, she has no further options and she knows these idiots well. Not her fault MC comes with knowledge of the future. Sigh, I feel so damn bad for the cousin.

12. Aster Anemone

Reading List:
    Link
    @ludagad Thank you, about her ditching the family, excellent twist. It would be better to have two MC's. But I think author wanted the touch of realism to contrast the (reincarnation/ transmigration) theme by portraying ugliness/harsh-realities of life in the Cousin's character. I did felt happy when Cousin suffered though :D as heroine 'the justice league star' made her suffer by using, as you said, the previous knowledge of the future events.

13. ValSkye

ValSkye Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where can i get the raw? After reading the spoilers.. cant wait for the tl, i want to read it!! Even if it means i have to piece the puzzle given by google translate.

14. Ran ahzu

Ran ahzu “a very tired person"

Reading List:
    Link
    Just copy&past the Chinese name in google,I think it was in 69shu

15. Aris12

Aris12 Cold Ruthless Devil Loli

Reading List:
    Link
    What chapter do useless ml fall for mc. I can't stand so much drama.

16. Ran ahzu

Ran ahzu “a very tired person"

Reading List:
    Link
    Just take it easy~~
    Don't worry ~~~

17. Eis

Eis ❄❅Queen of Ice❅❄

Reading List:
    Link
    MIL had the same sickness as any mob character from Hidden Marriage and 100% Sweet Love, the cousin only needed to coax her a bit and she seemed to have forget any bad deed or giving the cousin the excuse. Originally MIL tended to side more with the cousin bc she was her blood related niece.
    Even when MC was suspected to die bc of her, MIL told her son something along this line: well, she died and that sad, but you still have another wife (a.k.a. the cousin), hurry and make me some grandsons.
    Later when ML found out that the cousin was the one that plotted to almost kill MC and told it to MIL, she still asked him to spare her, only not strongly opposed to ML sending the cousin away anymore.

Nope, but I guess it's HEA for ML and the cousin. I imagined though sometime later, the cousin would get fed up with the overbearing MIL and plotted to get rid of her.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  18. li.king24

li.king24 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened next

TheEscapist likes this.
  19. Eis

Eis ❄❅Queen of Ice❅❄

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm gonna assumed you're asking about after the cousin was banished...

The cousin was banished by ML after he found out that she was the one spreading the rumour that MC was pregnant not with ML's. She went, but not before attempted to provoke MC & ML's relationship for the last time.
    Later MC went to a temple to pray for her pregnancy but the cousin got news about it and tried to kill her there. In struggle, MC accidentally killed the cousin instead. MC was arrested, ML made a deal with the marquess whose mother saved her previously (the one who had a past lover that looked like MC). Anyway, they made some kind of bet. The marquess would save MC from prison but ML had to let her stay with the marquess for 6 months. If after those 6 months, their feeling didn't change, he would let MC went back to ML.

20. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe. But at the same time I'm tired of reading novels where the MC kills someone and there whole family for looking wrongly at her and then having her rivas gang raped

So yeah. Maybe I like a little compassion in the MCs. I don't read these novels for realism. And the thing wtht he cousin is she didn't know when she lost. She should have accepted her defeat and married somoekne who acually respected her instead of scheming and scheming which made her look pathetic and got no sympathy from me

But i do agree with your statment that the world was cruel to women and may have shaped her personality. Who knows. If it hadn't been she may have turned out way better