LCD Arena

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Yuki, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When did it say contribution matters? I just remember you get the negative karma as positive karma when you kill one.

2. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    Then this is probably the limit of doing business for Karma. In hindsight I missed how it was a faulty plan. The sheer amount of karma on the market needed to be available at any given time and the willingness of examines to hand over karma are the problem. For it to work the population of the Arena's examines need to be much, much larger.

3. dave186

dave186 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thats it.
    Former girlfriend is done
    How the hell is that he was able to put it up for years without seeing her but now he dont care anymore in just a few days? I suppose that the soldier girl sex appeal is in another level to surpase the elven loli in so little time

4. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    No clue, especially since he was surrounded by elves who are probably prettier than both combined. Question is, can solider girl pull him away from his man crush?

Overall though, I hope he ends up single for the rest of his life. Or ends up dying in the end for a heroic victory. Because seriously, he doesn't deserve a girlfriend.

And this has nothing to do with him losing interest in his current one and everything to do with his decisions. I can understand not telling anyone about Arena in the beginning not to worry them, I can even understand not telling his girlfriend because the core of the relationship was a casual one they both agreed to (even if later on they decided to be more serious). But at this point, it isn't only about his life but the lives of his family and the lives of his girlfriend and even maybe her family as well who are at risk. For him to gamble with THEIR lives without their consent is a whole different story.

5. redleaf97

redleaf97 Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    harem alert

6. NeurogamiPrime

NeurogamiPrime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was stated when he first went to the village that elves were not actually "attractive" to most normal humans and that they looked pretty, but also alien in a way that made it very clear that they were not human at all.

also both the gf and him kinda just drifting apart after 5 days of not seeing each other still just adds to my theory that he didn't love this girl, he was just desperate for human affection, and min jeong was selling just what he needed .

7. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    Then the same could say the same for this girl. He might come to like her because they share similar experiences, but outside of the arena their relationship could be extremely shallow. That once the fighting is over they don't work as a couple.

There's was actually once a similar theory for the main characters of SAO, that the reason the mc's relationship with the heroine felt so stale and boring because they weren't really happy and were just running on the flames of passion from the death game.

8. lnv

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't help but recommend watching "sword art online abridged". It pretty much explains everything. Including the true reason why they got trapped.

nick1mname likes this.
  9. NeurogamiPrime

NeurogamiPrime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you are completely right, these two may have no chemistry, and thats fine too. i just don't like reading actually terrible romances like his with min jeong, or half of the chinese novel romances.

10. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    How is it terrible? She likes him as a person, likes his family, learning to like his money, likes his body, likes his xxxx, and... um, what else does a guy need from a girl? She sounds perfect. And its better than a heroine falling for a mc only because of plot armor at least.

11. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    On Episode 2 and I'm losing my mind. Much better than the actual anime.

12. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    "As long as I pass the many obstacles and survive in the end, I don’t care about things like being lonely. My life is too precious."

Yeah, this feels like its going to be important later. Perhaps his girlfriend or family will really get killed soon, thus learning how bad loneliness is.

13. Arbalest

Arbalest Arcane Knight Anti Mage Honeytrap Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh Well on my own conclusion just get rid about that kinky party girl bitch and get on with the lady who literally died for him, gave her life a new reason to keep on living something like that....So many annoying stressful drama getting on my nerves.

14. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    So... brainwash her into a devoted wife/slave like every other novel out there? Its already bad enough she's so empty as a person she'll commit what was likely equivalent of half her life to to help someone she didn't know very well. Heck, from what we saw here it didn't even have to be the mc, or even a man as she would have devoted herself to anything and one if the situation was different.

15. Arbalest

Reading List:
    Link
    At least that kind of plot is much better that the one that you're shipping about an easy to get bitch is always at risk of getting NTR behind your back! Im kinda curious on how many relationships did you experience on your high school / collage days? Is like your not a pro enough and only taken advantage in the end until your money dry up Basically that kinky party girl is not the one you need to take it seriously sometimes go party on a club with your friends and you will see lot of similar bitch lurking on that night club waiting for a guy like you to be eaten alive! literally they will dry you up your money and ball sack so be careful alright... that kind of relationship is only started on virgins one night stand -_- if it was me I will only treat that girl as friend with benefits nothing more nothing less.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  16. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah... I'll take the real relationship with the party girl over the unrealistic, empty shell of a human I've seen in over a hundred web novels. She is the kind of girl you have to fix and make human again, and you can't leave her without being a dick.

Its unlikely they'll be a long time couple. Unless the author changes her values they won't work out.

17. Arbalest

Reading List:
    Link
    Well Try to read a manga search this name sweetguy there you go that is going to be the route of your relationship with that kinky party bitch best of luck buddy.

18. dave186

dave186 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This guy sure dont have any brains
    Why turn the mosin nagat back into karma when he could have it synthesized?
    Whatever skill that come out of a rifle 200% sure will be better that the one made out with just a punny bullet, say nothing about if he is able to synthesize it with one of his main skills. In fact he should have made it as soon as he got the revolrers, and I here was thinking that he was waiting until he got a better one to replace it... its seem like I still dont know how much follish this mc can be

Sorry kira-san, but I think your argument was pure nonsense
    If you are talking about dont liking her because you dont want something like that for you, then I dont think that you should be reading this to start with, as whatever you say I deeply doubt that you will be willing to go through the something like the arena trials, say nothing about having to die first to get a shot for it.
    This ultimately come to the simple fact that you just dont like her, and I undestad this perfectly, after all everyone have thing that they like and others than are unable to like without matter what other people say, but that dont mean that its unable to make for a good place in the story. take me as example; I dislike mcs 98% of the times and still enjoy and follow the stories and particularly in this case the one whorty of despite is the mc instead of the girl, as he chose her in the same way and with the same reason that she chose him but it was SHE the one that was trying to make an honest effort to make the relationship work and was HE the one that throw her away first chance when he found a sweeter honey pot, and it not like I think that is a bad thing but then he should have gone with it as what it was instead of getting all high and moral over her just getting dunk wirh in a bar while he can have a fun running his eyes all over other women and even men and little girls without problem.
    That is just plain hypocrisy bullshit so I will be greatfull is you stop it already, thanks.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  19. lnv

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry it sound like you have mental issues there. You are stereotyping way too much. I don't know if you are just basing this on movie/tv/comic knowledge or if you were traumatically scared by a similar girl, but your jumping way to much to conclusions. His current girlfriend is pretty similar to what a modern day city girl. Even the MCs sister is like that.

And about the solider girl, her story makes little sense to begin with. So she lived in an orphanage and only person she had contact with was the gym trainer who conveniently closed down and left. (What about all the other orphans?). She had no money for college so she went to the military, though she is super smart (what about scholarships?). Then she got into the military (still made no friends), somehow got into this top secret project (without any backing). Then sacrificed herself for the MC just because. She felt thrill for examines in arena due to also wanting to fight for her life, yet took a stable secretary job?

The character is simply all over the place, and pretty much is being literally set up for the MC. Meh.

teambdugz likes this.
  20. Sheynox

Sheynox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's not even the first time he did it, that makes it worse. Well at least I'm thankful he isn't a perfect guy it's a breath of fresh air compared to some generic stories where the MC is all mighty and never wrong.