Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. K.san

K.san take me back to 2017

Reading List:
    Link
    Some more news... I don't know if this is good or bad.

The author has recently confirmed that FoD/GDC is getting a film adaptation. It's no longer rumors. It's real. The Weibo post was deleted soon after, but I did see it with my own eyes (but, then again, my own eyes could've tricked me). I just searched it up on JJWXC again, and FoD/GDC does have the word "film" next to its name (along with a ton of other danmei made into films and radio dramas), although whether it'll be a drama or movie is still unconfirmed. I do hope that the romance is kept.

[​IMG]

I also very much hope that Yang Yang does not participate in this at all. He has already destroyed Grave Robbers' Chronicles and will most likely also destroy The King's Avatar. The most popular novel-based danmei/female-oriented fanbases in China are Grave Robbers' Chronicles, The King's Avatar, FoD/GDC, Dragon Raja, and Ya She (with Priest's works becoming more and more famous). Among these, almost all of them have one character that Yang Yang can destroy, such as Zhang QiLing, Ye Xiu, Chu ZiHang, LaoBan, etc. If Yang Yang or any other actor with only the face and none of the acting skills decides to participate in FoD/GDC... Well, I guess I should celebrate because the fans will kill him in the comments.

I will update ASAP if I find any more information about anything. And, regarding the translation for FoD/GDC... I guess I'll try to finish everything by the end of August? Along with the manhua?? And maybe some fanvideos/fansongs/fancomics/fanfics as well??? If anyone has useful time management hacks please tell me. I'm piling way too much stuff onto my plate.

2. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    @K.san if you ever want someone for typesseting you can always poke me <3 ....some fan made comic strips are really good too :D

K.san likes this.
  3. Yuslia

Yuslia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh my gosh after the Three life Three world im having enough of Yang Fur (yang yang's fanclub)
    He's handsome yet his acting skill is shit :) gosh, if he plays GDC or GDC has any heroine i swear im going to have a super rampage on the comment section :)
    They wont be BL, i'm okay with that, but female lead???? Go die :)

Rcyan, MikotoP, Neelambori and 2 others like this.
  4. Yuslia

Yuslia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can help translate the Vnese fics but i need a beta for that DX my English is suck, you know DX

Ezralva, alexfilia and kiara8 like this.
  5. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Yuslia and alexfilia like this.
  6. RiYueLingKong

RiYueLingKong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For those who hang out on Tv Tropes as well, I've created a page for FoD. Please feel free to edit!

Because I can't post links/images yet, please use Google...

Aeli and Yuslia like this.
  7. RiYueLingKong

Reading List:
    Link
    Imaginary casting for movie - though personally, I think it'd be easier to animate a movie for FoD than actually shooting the movie. Some scenes won't pass muster...

8. RiYueLingKong

Reading List:
    Link
    I vote Wang Kai for Lan Wangji. As for Wei Wuxian... he's gonna need several actors...

9. RiYueLingKong

Reading List:
    Link
    How many more to five posts...?

10. RiYueLingKong

Reading List:
    Link
  11. K.san

K.san take me back to 2017

Reading List:
    Link
    Dun dun dun~ Today is FoD/GDC's two year anniversary!!!

MXTX has posted on her Weibo "Ten Strange Facts About FoD/GDC". Here is the translation of them:

[] includes translator's notes.
    "I" refers to MXTX, the author.

1. Fairy [the dog] actually used to be a husky. When I thought up the setting, I didn't know that huskies were actually really stupid. Now, in my mind, Fairy still has the face of a husky. Let's just pretend that it's a husky who became a genius due to genetic mutation...

2. Lan QiRen has worn a goatee ever since he was young.
    But, once, it was shaved clean by ZangSe SanRen [Wei WuXian's mother]. He was outraged.
    Afterward, ZangSe SanRen's son also shaved his goatee once...
    (But I didn't write it.

3. When Jin GuangYao took in Lan XiChen while he was being chased down, he was being the other's Mr. Accountant.
    He helped Lan XiChen wash his clothes because Lan XiChen couldn't wash them properly by himself, but he was quite cautious as he did them since it'd be all over if somebody found the robe with the clan motif on it. He couldn't throw it away or burn it either.
    Secretly, Jin GuangYao complained to Nie MingJue that Lan XiChen's hands had too much strength, easily causing him to rip the clothing that he was washing.

4. Xiao XingChen has a really low laughing point [the point at which someone laughs]. Both Xue Yang and A-Qing noticed it while neither of them told him. But Song Lan didn't notice because he didn't have a laughing point [meaning that he doesn't laugh at all].

5. Jiang Cheng has been on three blind dates. Due to multiple reasons, he's now on the female cultivators' blind date blacklist.
    His requirements: natural beauty, gentle and obedient, a diligent housekeeper, clean background, level of cultivation can't be too high personality can't be too strong can't speak too much can't talk too loudly can't spend too much money. And is nice to Jin Ling.

6. Lan SiZhui is older than Jin Ling, but both of them are 172 cm tall. Because SiZhui had a poor diet when he was young and, after he grew up, the meals are overly bland, he's growing at a slower pace. Lan JingYi is 168 cm tall.

7. To confess to Jiang YanLi, Jin ZiXuan went out of his way and asked someone to write lengthy, beautiful script. Although he memorized it so thoroughly that he could recite it backward, he ended up not using any of it.
    After they married, one day, he felt that the time was ready and finally recited the lines. Jiang YanLi listened, touched his face, and turned around to leave. As the gentle person she is, she refrained from laughing in his face.

8. Lan WangJi knew that Wei WuXian is scared of dogs since a long time ago.
    Jin ZiXuan also had a spiritual dog, left in someone else's care under the mountain of the Cloud Recesses. One day, the dog went up the mountain just as Wei WuXian was secretly climbing over the walls to return at night. The dog blocked his path and barked nonstop, scaring him so badly that he jumped onto a tree at once.
    Lan WangJi was the one who took the dog away.
    While Wei WuXian thought that Lan WangJi didn't see him trembling on the tree.

9. Wei WuXian noticed that, although Lan WangJi doesn't say it, he really likes to tie him up with all kinds of things when they are ****** ***.

10. Between the seme and uke, Wei WuXian was the first character I finalized.
    Back then, I even sent out a Weibo to complain, "Why is this uke so hard to deal with? I don't know what sort of seme to give him!"
    The seme's settings changed a bunch of times, from his personality to his looks, his age, his background, his past... I felt quite divided.
    In the end, during a light-bulb moment, I still chose the first version—"This one it is!"
    It can be seen that Lan WangJi and Wei WuXian really is a match made in heaven. They are destined to be together. If it's him, it's always going to be him <3.

Sauling, Rangeles, Fiorisi and 17 others like this.
  12. Ezralva

Ezralva Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In what timeline did this event occur?
    Was it the Wen clan who chased down Lan Xichen? while he was separated from LWJ?

cici likes this.
  13. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Is that the time when LWK bites WWX because he was stressed out by all of this?

This is just so sweet :cry:

cici likes this.
  14. Yuslia

Yuslia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can i have your gmail ? :)))
    Also where should i post the fics? I have to ask permission to translate if you intend to post it publicly.

15. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    [email protected]
    Fanfiction.net or archive of our own?
    Those 2 are the only fanfics sites I know of. Or we can post it here in the fanfic section

Yuslia likes this.
  16. Yuslia

Yuslia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait for my mail then :3 maybe this weekend if i have time. Thanks for your help ❤

kiara8 likes this.
  17. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Also, please link me to the original as well :)

Yuslia likes this.