LCD Evolution Theory of the Hunter

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, May 19, 2016.

1. LollipoPReapeR

LollipoPReapeR Frequent visitor of the Yellow Springs Resort

Reading List:
    Link
    The entire thing is just based on a massive lack of trust. Hell he still doesn't fully trust the porter girl yet.

2. Wolf_Paw

Wolf_Paw Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1)He doesn´t know the irregular spawn condition, he have some clues but thats all.
    2)He don´t trust his party members, they´ve been a party only for about 3 months.
    3)The item book is more valuable than any other dropped item until now, if someone ever know about it most probably will try to steal it.

3. lightnovelcafe

lightnovelcafe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    SO...to
    Just putting my two cents here – as the translator.

The reason why irregulars didn’t show up before this except that one time where it happened worldwide was probably due to the below reason:

Most leisure parties only enter dungeons they can clear without being in any danger. So if they have level 4 skills and equipment, they would enter dungeons of level 3 or lower…because going into a dungeon at their same level or higher would put them in danger. A condition for irregulars showing up is that you have to 1) clear the dungeon quickly 2) group of people clearing the dungeon must be lower skill level than the actual dungeon 3) have a specific number of people in the group

Additionally, the reason why general parties didn’t encounter irregulars is most likely because even though they may enter a dungeon of higher level, they had little to no chance of clearing the dungeon quickly because they were so weak. This was only possible because our MC has the level 0 skillbook.

Does that make sense?

4. lightnovelcafe

Reading List:
    Link
    The trust thing has to do with his normal personality. He never even had any friends. When he first knocked out for 10 days, he barely had anyone worrying about his absence. But you can see character development. How everyone starts growing on him little by little.

5. LollipoPReapeR

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I get what you mean, but what we've seen of the society so far doesn't exactly breed trust in them so far. Still the level of assholery is less than in say Reincarnator at least.

6. ahoppy

ahoppy Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    People would think he's responsible because people are upset about it and he could seem related to it, after all it happend after or while he killed an irregular. Some people will want some one to blame and aren't going to be very picky about their reasons if the person doesn't have much background. Remember some of the fine pieces of "humanity" we've seen in the story mister stif the porter, mister beat up the unarmed guy, misters gang rape the porter, and mister let the powerful SOB jump in line these are the types he has to worry about.

As to the team that is what he is doing slowly but surly as to team work well their basic skills have to be reliable before they can depend on each other.

As why he is not doing a deal reference the fine pieces "humanity" listed before.

7. Night

Night Immoral member

Reading List:
    Link
    1.plot
    2.plot
    3.plot
    :D

8. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why would they even know what irregulars he had killed and when? He doesn't need to give specifics like that. Heck, he doesn't even need to give his real name. He can just post it as a question on a major hunter forum, seeking confirmation from others that had experienced an irregular attack.

I'd have to disagree about team building. He helps when he's asked, but he doesn't really care about anyone on that team but himself and makes no effort whatsoever to improve them or their teamwork under normal circumstances. Honestly, I think he still thinks that its better for them to be significantly weaker than him so he gets more reward points.

Well, if he doesn't feel he can trust any potential business partners, there's nothing stopping him from passing it off as a skill, and doing business that way. As long as he never revealed a whole recipe, he should be able to make an obscene amount of money working with that group he was raiding with.

Or, like I've said several times before, he could just use them to fill the recipe book and then go it alone. He doesn't really need much start-up capital and he likely has enough already. If not, selling his armor should be more than enough to jump start things and buying a better set later would be extremely easy.
    I'd disagree with number two. Otherwise, why would an irregular have shown up in that level one dungeon? All of the people there were capable of doing level 2+ dungeons safely. The only reason they were there was because the archer lacked confidence in spite of having level 4(?) gear.

Also, I think that the reason that they didn't encounter them in general before was that the conditions were more stringent. Things are clearly changing now and I think the mass apperrence of them was the signal for that. After all, people's hunting patterns hadn't really changed much in the last 4-5 decades.

Arkeus likes this.
  9. lightnovelcafe

Reading List:
    Link
    OOOO stay tuned for chapter 44...you'll see assholes again. But then...our MC deals with it in th
    In the novel, it says that they cleared the dungeon in two hours. It normally takes alot longer to clear a dungeon. In that instance, they probably cleared the dungeon quickly because hansol wanted time to rape the porter. This is all speculation but they cleared it faster than anyone normally would.

jacobpaige likes this.
  10. Icha

Icha #googlemas #serius

Reading List:
    Link
    Hiks the story became hits!!

11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if those guys stole their drops? And how much hassle it will be to get the drops back from them.

12. lightnovelcafe

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL did you find out?? ;)

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep. Too bad they proved to be too stupid to live. The MC gave them every opportunity he reasonably could.

Now I'm wondering if he'll just bribe their porter to keep his mouth shut or if they'll kill him too. Kinda hoping they'll bribe him, but I'd understand killing him.

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I have to agree, he does kinda suck.

Honestly, I don't think they should sell either of them. Yes, I understand that he hates giving people in the party free things, but giving that arrow to either of the archers would save the lives of the entire team an uncountable number of times in the future. Also, those glasses would allow them to hunt in the field safely, something no other team could do, something that would allow them to avoid leisure parties and dungeon entrance fees. They would have a literal monopoly on the monsters (when the army wasn't around) and would be able to hunt whenever they felt like it.

His unwillingness to think of the team as a unit rather than strangers brought together by greed is making everything more dangerous for all of them. If he's really worried about someone taking the arrow/glasses/whatever and leaving the party, then they can just create contracts that state that these items belong to the party until such time as the user can afford to buy them at a fair market value. Getting it back would be a hassle, but still very doable.

15. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry @lightnovelcafe bout avoiding reading the novel for so long, I actually caught up and reviewed the novel a long time ago. The first chapter really didn't appeal to me and I kept putting it down, I pretty much do this with all the novels I start or pick back up so its not personal.

The story is really getting good, all the kinship is heart warming and what not but that one chick is really being a try hard. She must have a super hero complex! The affection she has for him just seemed to build up out of no where she didn't even seem attracted to him even after calling to sell him the sword. But next thing ya know she's calling him again and again over the course of the 10 days he was in that trance from getting his skill. Now its escaladed to the point she's formed a habit of sleeping at his place and calling out his name in her sleep with an 'um...' while wearing revealing cloths she has to know riles up in her sleep. If this isn't the definition of fixation and temptation while being the ultimate try hard in love I don't know what is!

On a different and more meaningful topic. Its a good thing he has those glasses now cause having to allot skill points by being a masochist was a lil off putting. Picture all the weird looks he must have gotten in the park or gym when he was getting hit by balls or lifting his body weight without breaking a sweat. Its just not practical and really is an off putting sight. I guess there would be no need to use it on the girl since her skill seems to be one directional like everyone else's

It'd be nice if he can manage to get everyone a skill in the group especially a healing spell... though I don't know who'd get that particular skill..

16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    It was nice of them to gift them to him like that, but I'm a bit surprised that he didn't insist on paying for them.

I like the female porter, too bad she fell for the MC. Hopefully he'll pull his head out of his rear at some point.

I can't help but think that doing the fusion in a public place as a bad idea. 1) There might be cameras, 2) if the transformation was super flashy then it would have drawn a lot of unwanted attention and 3) someone might have been looking at them by chance.

Hattorisan likes this.
  17. LollipoPReapeR

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah honestly not liking the MC atm. He insists on not giving gifts but doesn't mind getting them in return. He's also kind of a dick to Sooah.

I also like the idea of his second skill being something like healing. It would be very useful.

18. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    Lmao this chick thought they were on a date or at least would have the day to themselves! Never underestimate the obliviousness of a JP or KR MC.

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if he can access his item storage without the glasses? If he can, then he should loan Sooah the glasses long enough for her to get an item storage too. It would make her job as a porter much easier.

He's a front line fighter, he'd make a terrible healer. It'd be better to give healing to the busty archer. She doesn't have a skill at the moment anyway.

Honestly, I think it'd also be a good idea for the other archer to throw away his current skill and replace it with a mage skill of some kind. He can learn archery for real without wasting a slot so it would definitely be better in the long run.

And if Manager Kim can be convinced to take a more active role in the fights after he casts his spell, he could easily learn archery too. Especially if he used a crossbow.
    I'm not sure how much of it is obliviousness and how much of it is not wanting to date her. Though why he's so opposed to dating is a bit beyond me. She's hot, she's helpful in all situations so far, she's supportive, she's not bad with finances or important decisions in general. Given his personality, she should be his ideal woman.

20. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I can shed some light on this! Some men aren't into the whole overly aggressive available female, yep the chaser doesn't liked to be chased. She makes every attempt to make herself seem like a meek female that wants to be swooned and makes it blatantly obvious but she also knows that there is little chance of that actually working with him because of his intelligence which will foil any unnatural acts she may do and obliviousness to certain acts that one might find flirtatious mixed with the fact her true nature habitually shows itself in the end.

Lastly, he doesn't seem like the type that has had many a dealings with females or he'd have guessed that with any amount of romantic sense that glasses girl and porter girl are desperate for his swag and booty (using puns for sexual innuendo for no apparent reason is kinda fun) so taking this into account with him not having a romantic background he might not know how to deal with her on a base level as to say if she would have came at him in a normal fashion gradually working her way into his heart. With her being aggressive its just provoking his rejection along with his acceptance, this will make it really hard to untangle these mixed feelings in the future while setting a friendly but awkward sorta affectionate and close friendship.

If it keeps on at this pace she'll be the 'hungry / thirst' female best friend who watches from a far as he persues one girl after another while she doesn't even get a chance. Who knows what glasses girl would be like....