LCD The Amber Sword

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Yuki, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Valhalla is a ruin. It needs to be built from the ground up. This city is already more or less in working order. The people are also a valuable resource that he doesn't want to abandon. Smiths, food, new army recruits and other such things will all be coming from the city's population.

2. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He already has two races that will follow him to Valhalla, the humans would be nice, but not necessary. Also, I'm not 100% certain that its actually a ruin. Its very possible that its just pretending to be one.

3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if the son is important enough that the MC will recognize him, and if he'll try to recruit him.

4. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    And how many people do those two races add up to? I think it said that the territory he took over had 100,000 people. The two races might be good for military purposes but they can't make up for the support the humans will bring.

It doesn't really matter. A city needs people to run. If he just has an army then it's going to take much longer to get things done. Is he going to have the army growing crops?

5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Both races had large civilian populations. Honestly, the little girl's people were basically all civilians. Yes, the humans would speed things up and provide political advantages, which is why I said they'd be nice, but he doesn't really need them, or at least, not all of them, and he's fully capable of taking some of them with him even if he doesn't keep the city.

6. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Do they? I doubt there are any civilians with the earth things. They seem to be an army that fled after losing. From what we saw the little girl's people had one small village.

The MC is attempting to set a legitimate place to rule. He doesn't have all the time in the world to do this. The more people he has the faster it'll be.

The city is also in the same territory as the silver mine and the port. Both assets he shouldn't pass on. The city will also draw the attention of whoever is planning to attack him. Perhaps leaving Valhalla free to grow and a good place to fall back to if a powerful army attacks. Basically I'm not seeing any real reason why he would abandon the city.

7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, if Freya is going to be there, then I'm guessing that Brendel will send Romaine. I wonder why though. His town seriously needs a competent treasurer, and none of his other people qualify. Yes, she can probably get the best price for the painting, but I'm not sure how much good that will do if the whole territory has fallen apart before she returns with the money.

8. isekainator

isekainator Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened to the golden apple that was mentioned around chapter 130 in volume 2? The apple was supposed to be able to turn someone into "chosen", but Brendel just put it in his bag and it wasn't mentioned again.

9. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, it's not like you really need your treasurer there 24/7. After she sets a budget she can probably afford to leave for a while.
    It should still be in his bag. Brendel already planned out the traits he wants and the apple isn't it. However, the dragon tampered with it so it may be better than what he was planning on. It's also possible that the plot will force him to eat it.

10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder why the princess hasn't heard what the MC is up to yet. Not only should she have spies, but he also sent her a letter telling her what he was up to. Normally, I'd just think that she was too far away, but if she's close enough to be hearing rumors, then she should be close enough to have gotten word from her spies and/or the letter.

I hope Freya takes inspiration from this and starts trying to learn from all the fights she saw Brendel in. She could advance quite quickly if she could make even a fraction of it hers.

LazyLuong and Poor_Hero like this.
  11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if they'll also capture his son. Honestly, I could see it going either way.

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    It kinda feels like the author used the same cliffhanger twice in a row.

13. Arbalest

Arbalest Arcane Knight Anti Mage Honeytrap Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    Well you get better used to it bro I'm also reading AS raws and I saw a lot of cliffhanger chapters before you get into the juicy part so I'm kinda used to it by now.....

14. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Son feels like a prospective new subordinate for Brendel.

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I was figuring he'd either be a subordinate or a wannabe rival. Since he was caught, subordinate seems much more likely.

16. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Well the son is in the princess faction so realistically speaking, they should be on the same side. Brendel can probably use him as an "in" for dealing with nobles. But its a matter of if that noble has his own pride or not.

17. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    Romaine lass did it yet again..
    She got nothing to give to salvage any situation except for adding more troubles.. but she still do it anyway without a care..

Poor_Hero likes this.
  18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if he'll have to pry his sword out of Kodan's hands.

I'm kinda looking forward to when we finally meet her aunt.

19. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All that ship teasing. What is it about Brendel and attracting red heads. Jana's gotta watch out.

Wowafay and LazyLuong like this.
  20. Sawcrot

Sawcrot 『Elk God』

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m currently at vol 2 chapter 74 and idk but this Romaine really irritate me. She doesn’t help at all, just do whatever she wants. Freya actually much better compared to her up until now. Or maybe in the next chapter Romaine will change and help the mc solve the problem? *sigh*