LCD Plundering the Heavens

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by strixflash, Apr 13, 2017.

1. StuffedDuck

StuffedDuck Stuffed with Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    many times 3 ... or maybe 5?

mrttao likes this.
  2. SinsI

SinsI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1) Limit stories to those that are sufficiently translated
    2) Limit stories to xianxia or xianhuan
    3) Limit stories to those with masters
    4) Limit stories to those that I've read far enough
    5) Limit stories to those that I've remembered on the spot

Would you be surprised if after step 5 the answer is "100%"?

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  3. Myriea

Myriea Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He kills one of his masters (one that had treated him well too) at one stage. ;) Why? You need to follow the story to find out because it could be quite emotional :')

Don't click it if you don't want a big spoiler xD But the story only gets more interesting from now!

4. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    if violence doesn't solve your problems that means you aren't using it enuf

bonifide and mrttao like this.
  5. bonifide

bonifide Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobwoah:

6. Diukes

Diukes The Details will be omitted

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, so many 5 stars revies yet only 3,7. It's becouse of qi drama?

7. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is just too funny.
    I am wondering though, once he grows up will it still be funny or just horrifying bandit? its amusing when the MC is a child but the same behavior from an adult is just despicable banditry

8. slaughter god

slaughter god overlord of all evil

Reading List:
    Link
    I love it this mc is a fucking savage

9. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Those girls are really far too arrogant

10. Alone Hades

Alone Hades Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If they weren't so arrogant, then the fun of the faceslapping by the MC would be simply spoiled, no?

11. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh, I don't find it all that fun.

Also, I am more finding them to be unreasonable characters. How are they going to survive in the cultivation world with such an attitude?

12. Anonymousse

Anonymousse Sour, sweet & spicy reviewer

Reading List:
    Link
    they are the cannon fodders. whaddya expect? all story need stepping stones for mc`s growth.

mrttao likes this.
  13. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    true, but on the other hand, it would be more impressive for the MC to overcome people who are not crippling incompetent.

14. bonifide

bonifide Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Big backgrounds sighs little shits to this day because of who their family is can get away with a lot of shit.

15. Actias Luna

Actias Luna Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ehhh. The issues here are manifold. Feng Qingwei is courting Xiao Jianming and effectively has his support as well, which should normally supply her with quite a bit of clout. Recall early on how using the name "Xiao Jianming" effectively cowed all of the other disciples into obeying and accepting the rulings she put forward despite how painful it was, and you'll see that Fang Xing is the one that is flying in the face of standards by giving no face whatsoever. By all accounts, the fact she went to Fang Xing and was willing to lower herself and even apologize for the sake of her valley's disciples shows she's not *quite* so unreasonable in many instances, it's Fang Xing drawing it out as he is so wont to do.

Having power (tiers of cultivation) and connections is a big part of how you survive in the world of cultivation, and she works to utilize both. We've been following Fang Xing for so long it's easy to get caught up in how powerful he is, but remember that he was fleeing from Xiao Jianming for his life not long ago, was supposedly "injured" by a beast, and has recently received quite the power-up that nobody is quite aware of. Xiao Jianming has recognized it (hence feeling threatened), and even has Feng Qingwei to a degree (hence regretting her reflexive action after she'd started it), but Fang Xing is the outlier here, not them, as far as I'm concerned. Their actions seem rather reasonable given what Fang Xing is putting them through.

16. Tarlos

Tarlos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Could I get some harem spoilers please? :blobReach:

17. StuffedDuck

StuffedDuck Stuffed with Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    You might want to ask this question in the spoiler forum and not the LCD.

18. SeiNoNarukana

SeiNoNarukana [A Certain Holy Sword]

Reading List:
    Link
    So, nobody care about Xiao family betrayal ?

Ginko likes this.
  19. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    anyone have spoilers?

when will he and xiao mahn travel together around? it seems like she's going to stay away from the mc for the entire novel...

20. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    C1: They really should be more concerned that one of the bandits got away.

C2: Ah, I thought the MC would defeat the tenth bandit rather than being the tenth since he was simply too weak to be a bandit. I guess he was the brains of the operation instead. I wonder if the other nine were the former guards of his clan, or if the whole clan thing was just a lie.

That book sounds super important. As does the one without the pictures in it ;)

So, what exactly is to stop them from beating him to death in his sleep or sneaking off to inform the sect’s disciplinary forces? Is he really that certain that they’re stupid enough to think that anyone of true status would wind up among the servants without any sort of special treatment or warnings?

The number of untranslated terms is truly excessive.

C3: So were they really bandits, or was that just a lie put out by the sect to justify murdering an entire clan?

It’s a good thing the words fade. If it were permanent, it would be much more painful to use given the lack of pages.

I wonder if he’ll share his findings with the others. Having a pose is much better than entering the outer sect alone, even if it might create a few problems.

C4: So, this is basically a darker version of LoHP.

I hope he’s not being serious about them whoring themselves out for him :/

C5: Seriously, what’s the point in not translating things that have a one-to-one translation? Just call it a full cycle like every other cultivation novel ever.

Yep, definitely a darker version of LoHP.

C6: I always appreciate enemies that know when to give up.

I really wish he’d at least given the others hints on how to circulate qi though. Them knowing won’t hurt him at all anymore, and their contribution to his success was not small.

C7: Oh good, he did tell them. I wonder if any of them will manage to make use of the info, and if any of them will die trying.

I wonder if those weeds could be turned into a pill that would be more effective at helping people sense qi. Though, given that elder’s reaction to him using the weed, I doubt the sect would be interested in such a thing.

C8: I wonder why Zhu is fat if cultivating burns fat like crazy.

How did he suddenly go from “I won’t give them the spirit stone because it’s a waste and I don’t need their help” to “I was going to give them the stone so as not to cause trouble, but now f’ them, I’m keeping it”?

C9: Why would they not know what the mask was? Considering how dangerous it is, they should definitely have been made aware. Honestly, it shouldn’t have even been placed there in the first place.

Also, I kinda wish he’d just taken the storage ring. It was quite a nice one, and the mask removes all the risk from the things he’ll be doing in the future. Without risk, the story becomes boring. I just hope that each selection is permanent. Thirty-six is already far too many. If he could actually replace any of them, then it might as well be infinite.

C10: Tier 7 is all it takes to be treated like an elder? This truly is a garbage sect.

They actually charge him to stay in the sect? What exactly happens if he doesn’t have the money? Do they throw him out of the sect? If so, then how do they keep their cultivation method from spreading all over the place?

C11: I wonder why the author made the MC ten years old if he was going to have him act like an adult. I mean, I could understand if the MC was a transmigrator, but that’s obviously not the case.

That guy must be truly desperate for a friend if he’ll put up with a ten year old that constantly insults him, takes all of his money, and has no sense of morality or conscience whatsoever. How is he not already someone’s gopher?

C12: At first, I thought he was going to rob the guy with the ring, but now I think he’ll wait and rob the guy from the pavilion. I wonder if he’ll do it sneakily, or if he’ll disguise himself as someone important and demand that it be handed over as a bribe.

C13: I was thinking too small. Of course he’s going to rob everyone.

How is he planning to avoid detection though? If they just say that they were meeting to discuss cultivation techniques or something, and that he showed up in a mask and gassed them all, then it would be fairly easy to get the disciplinary division of the sect involved, and they should have methods of finding any and all treasures in the area. Since most of the stolen items are quite distinctive, that’s all it should take to lead them to him.

C14: Ah, I see. He’ll still need to get a job or something if he actually wants to be able to spend that cash though.

If he’s on par with the A ranks, then how is that only above average? Aren’t they like the top 1-5% of the outer disciples?

C15: Why are people so willing to fight with a ten year old? Aren’t most of these people supposed to be at least in their twenties? Also, why is the elder allowing the MC’s disrespect when it’s in clear violation of the sect’s rules?

C16: Why the f’ would anyone believe his slander when they could all hear him picking a fight with the guy for looking at him the wrong way? Are they braindead or something?

I’m betting he’ll learn the wrong lesson from this and start robbing people himself.

C18: I don’t care what they tell people they are, they’re definitely not a righteous sect if they encourage this sort of behavior.

That aside, he really should give one of those stones to Yu to repay him for covering his bills for so long.

C19: Wouldn’t draining his qi before cultivating reduce the effectiveness of cultivating when he has limited resources?

C21: He should just open an appraisal business in the market. He’d be able to earn a good amount of resources and the people running the market might even pay him to show up.

C23: Wouldn’t it have been better for him to stick around and continue to try to trade so that no one would know that he’d found a buyer? At least from the perspective of his persona anyway.

Wouldn’t the forger need a sample of the powder to be forged?

C25: Wasn’t the deal for several pounds of powder?

C27: Why does the author keep saying that 100 stones = 20k taels when 1 stone = 100 teals?

I wonder if anyone will make the connection between all the robberies and the broke kid with no talent’s meteoric rise in cultivation?

Honestly, I think he should have saved the pill to help him break through to the next tier.

Why would he go to sleep instead of circulating the qi? Does he want to explode?

C28: Why doesn’t he just use those second rate pills he got with the normal one? Yeah, they’re not as good as the normal one, but they should at least be better than spirit stones.

What is wrong with this sect that they allow their disciples to kill each other like this? I swear, this is just a devil sect in disguise.

C29: I wonder if he’ll kill Hei San before or after everyone else. Also wondering how he plans to do it without getting caught when it’s pretty clear that, even though they don’t care about the MC at all, they definitely would care about Hei San. After all, someone without connections definitely wouldn’t be able to get his job.

C30: I wonder why he didn’t just kill them all in their sleep. He’s more than capable of it. I mean, besides the obvious plot reason that he couldn’t claim all the rewards and kill them if they don’t first find the toad and kill it.

C31: If they’re all staying so close to him, then why doesn’t he just gas them? Yeah, things would be a bit dangerous immediately after, but he should be able to survive long enough for them to be knocked out.

C33: If he’s decided to do away with pretense and actually wants the guy angry at him for some reason, then he should bring up the counterfeit powder.

C36: Given the difference in cultivation level, I wouldn’t expect a tier 2 snake to delay him much.

C37: There was no need to break his own arm. He could just as easily have pumped the guy full of needles with his free hand. Well, assuming he doesn’t have to reach up to his hair to pull the tool out of his ring anyway. If that’s the case, then he deserves the broken arm for not having moved the ring to a more useful place as soon as he got free of these sobs.

C38: Seriously? He fell for that? I’d ask how many times he had to be fooled by the same person before he learned his lesson if he wasn’t already dead.

I wonder how the MC will kill the toad. There’s almost no chance that he won’t.

Also curious what lies he’ll tell the sect about all this.

C39: How was his dagger even able to cut the toad? It’s not a spirit weapon, and a spirit weapon has already failed to cut the toad’s tongue when wielded by someone stronger than him.

C40: Why does the MC still have so much qi left? Didn’t he have to waste a ton of it to control his sword? It’s not like he could have actually wielded it with his hand. One was crippled and the other was otherwise occupied.

C41: I think Hou Qing is missing the point. The MC would have robbed him because he could, and killed him because Hou Qing tried to kill him. The line thing never really mattered all that much.

If a beast killed Qian, then why didn’t it stick around to eat him?

What does he mean “with only a single misstep [he’d have died]”? He made multiple missteps and lived, so that’s clearly not true.

Why didn’t the smell of dead 4th tier toad draw any monsters?

I wonder if the quest requires him to turn over the beast’s corpse, or just prove that it was killed. If it’s the former, then he should probably stop eating it. The Essence Ore Powder is something he he’ll likely need, even with his cheaty cultivation method.

C42: I wonder how he’ll explain the missing core if he decides to use the body to prove quest completion.

C43: “I then realized that our bait was probably the serpent.” :ROFLMAO:

C44: If they understand that much, then they should work harder on training their disciples so that they don’t die so easily, and add some missions that can only be performed by lower tier disciples to get them some experience in the wild and get them in the habit of doing missions.

Also, why didn’t he return the horses? And why didn’t they ask about them? There’s nothing in his story that explains their absence.

C45: I honestly thought it would take longer before someone tried to steal his reward. This sect needs to be exterminated for the good of humanity :/

C47: lol, I like that he didn’t forget to frame his enemy ;)

How is he planning to get the pill made, or to explain how he managed to get a pill after it’s made? Or is he not planning to advance to the inner sect?

C48: I thought he was planning to hide his cultivation? Isn’t this giving it away? What if the nephew decides to ask about his injuries for some reason? Won’t the nephew be suspicious that the MC lied about his cultivation?

C49: I wonder what Hei San will offer to save his life, and if it’ll be enough.

C51: Claiming credit for Liu’s downfall is the same as implicating himself in the robbery.

C52: Why is he wasting good pottery instead of just using random stones of the appropriate weight?

C53: I think the author’s math is a bit off here. Either that, or he’s rounding down a lot. The MC should actually have somewhat less than five hundred.

How would he be left with stones to spare if he barely has five hundred and the crafting fee is five hundred?

C55: I wonder how he plans to explain the sword he was using.

I think it’s a bit late for them to be worrying about the difference between them and a dark sect. It’s pretty clear that the only real difference is that dark sects lack hypocrisy.

C56: Seriously, I don’t understand how they convince themselves that they aren’t a dark sect.

C58: Now that everyone’s seen that sword, and after he’s entered the inner sect, that nephew guy and his uncle are both going to have to be truly stupid to not know he’s the Black Market Bandit.

Also, why can’t she simply let it be known that he’s not under her protection and she simply couldn’t be bothered to contradict him at the time because she was too focused on her shimei?

C59: I wonder if he’ll do the smart thing and spend as much time out of the sect on missions as possible until he becomes a core disciple or three years pass. Honestly, I’ll be surprised if he does. I’ll be even more shocked if he doesn’t make at least one new enemy immediately after entering the inner court.

Also curious if he’ll actually honor his agreement with her, or if he’ll go meet Xiao Mahn in secret.

C60: Honestly, there’s no reason why she couldn’t kill him and pin it on her shimei. Her shimei would probably even happily corroborate her story. She’d just have to wait six months to kill him first.

C61: Is she really that bad at saving? She makes 3k stones per job, and the powder only costs like 200. How are her savings tapped after just one pill?

I’m amazed that the nephew isn’t actually an idiot. I wonder how strong the people he sent were. I’d expect them to be at least inner court disciples, but you never know.

C62: “they did not allow the more privileged disciples to abuse their status on those less privileged” since when?

Why didn’t they go check his old herb garden or the village at the bottom of the mountain?

C65: What kind of idiot reveals a crime like that to someone he’s trying to intimidate who has a stronger backing than he does?

C66: I’ll be shocked if he doesn’t blame his supposed sugar mama for gifting him the pill without needing any of the ingredients.

C69: Wouldn’t giving spirit stones to servants basically be a death sentence for those servants?

C70: I’m betting he’s supposed to choose just one of those five books but will wind up using his cheat to take all five. I wonder which one he’ll officially pick though.

See, right there, that first rule is definitely one he’s going to break. Honestly, I don’t know how anyone that goes through the outer court normally could possibly avoid hating the sect to their core. Well, unless they themselves were evil and fully approved of the practices of a dark sect while simultaneously not believing in revenge.

He really looks down on crafters huh? I guess making an honest living or expending true effort over a prolonged period of time is beneath him in his mind.

C71: It’s nice that the reason is actually reasonable and is focused on the best interests of the disciple. I was totally expecting something similar, but stated in a much, much harsher and more bigoted manner.

I honestly don’t understand why they think he’d willingly share that information with them, or that Bai would allow them to force it out of the MC. I mean seriously, what has the sect ever done for the MC? They stole his slave/sister, they constantly bullied him, they tried on multiple occasions to rob and/or kill him, and they actively protected those who failed to kill him. There’s literally no reason for him to have any good feelings about them whatsoever.

C72: How would defending his own life on Mt Miasma count as a rule violation? Also, how was stealing all those pills from that one girl not a crime?

C73: Sounds like it might not be a good idea to admit that he’s understood the painting.

I wonder what level he’d need to be at to eat that painting without exploding.

C74: I figured he’d eat the flames rather than relying on the sword intent to save him. Though I also figured he’d go after the sword first since it should interest him more than the blood.

C75: It’s so nice of him to give the MC the perfect cover story for his ability. I wonder if using it will ever get him into trouble though. Some people like to do horrible things to people with special bloodlines after all.

I wonder if he had a kid with a beast and his brother decided to kill it, or do something much worse than killing it. Also wondering why he thinks a single breakthrough is enough if his clan is capable of allowing him to go up two realms. It’s not like his brother will only be one realm higher than him by now.

C76: The MC is severely underestimating what the crafting professions are capable of, especially the formation experts.

C78: I wonder if he’ll claim to be the guy’s disciple and use his name to protect himself in the inner court.

C79: “In the past month, he had been kept atop this mountain peak” Didn’t it say in the last chapter that it was almost half a year? “Within these six months” <- right here? How did six months suddenly turn into one?

C80: I wonder if the alchemist will say he cheated to win the bet by never entering the inner court.

I really thought he’d ask him to kill his brother. I wonder why marrying 9-10 women would be worse for his brother. Also wondering why he’s so certain that the MC will find his clan, and that he’ll do so at a level of strength great enough for the clan to not just kill him.

C81: I wonder what the sect’s actual stance will be towards him. Also wondering if he remembered the technique’s name. It sounds like the name alone would be enough for him to find the clan.

Also wondering what state Yu is in.

C82: So, what’s supposed to stop them from making their own copies, and how did that girl circumvent it?

He should just go collect that debt the other guy owes him.

That aside, why hasn’t he gone to visit Xiao Mahn yet?

C84: She’s throwing away a golden money making opportunity. She should be haggling over her cut, not debating over whether or not to bet ;)

C85: Why does he have beast cores? Shouldn’t he have eaten them all already?

How is that her taking advantage of him? It’s her money, she has a right to collect interest.

How are they supposed to split a sword? Or will he pay her share with beast cores?

C86: Any spell that takes several seconds to use is utterly worthless in a one-on-one duel against a semi-competent opponent. The very fact that the MC allowed the spell to be cast dramatically lowers my opinion of him.

I assume the MC will reclaim the sword, but I wonder if he’ll remember Qin’s cut.

C88: Even if he wins, there’s no one who will bet with him on anything ever again unless they’re certain that they can beat the money out of him if he loses.

C90: It’s nearly 9ft long. Using it for normal martial arts is just stupid, and trying to use it to strike the ground while also holding it in hand is as impossible as it is idiotic. Well, unless the wielder happens to be airborne at the time.

How would they know Confucius? Did he transmigrate or something?

Lol, he’s actually teaching him how to loot better :LOL:

Considering how cultivation style blacksmithing works, I wonder why no women take up the profession. It's not like it would change their body shape, even if we assume that all women are that shallow (which is a very bad assumption).

C91: The MC shouldn’t even be 5ft tall, how does he have a 9ft sword strapped to his back? Wouldn’t it just fall off his back due to a lack of balance? Not to mention tangling his feet constantly?

Also, why is being able to craft anything not a part of the requirements for being the lead disciple in a crafting division? Is it just because the author has absolutely no respect whatsoever for crafting professions and views them as little more than slaves and piggybanks created for the MC’s convenience or what?

C92: Why hasn’t he gone to find Xiao Mahn yet? What is he waiting for?

C93: Honestly, I thought producing low quality goods would be their first ploy. I wonder why he didn’t check the iron that was being turned in?

C97: What makes them think that their shifu isn’t already aware of what’s happening?

C98: Honestly, the sect’s inability to deal with him, or that crazy alchemist chick, or any of the other unrepentant murderers in their sect, means that the sect is already doomed. The strength of a sect comes from unity, and there’s absolutely none of that here.

C99: Then take it back. Seriously, why do none of the people with true power ever discipline the little b****d? He’s a menace to himself and everyone around him, and that’s never going to change if someone doesn’t put a few years of effort into forcing him to grow up.

C100: “With this, it could even be seen as a welcoming gift into his branch from shifu to pupil.” There is a massive difference between a gift and a stolen item that isn’t reclaimed. The latter encourages the thief to continue stealing and has a much lower chance of engendering gratitude.

“had been killed in duels to the death, leaving the valley with little talent.” This is why the rules about not killing your fellow disciples should be enforced, regardless of whatever stupidity they agreed to prior to fighting, or the background of the killer(s).

“he is not the kind to cause trouble for no reason” That’s not true. He’s caused trouble for no good reason on numerous occasions. The only “reason” he needs is “I feel like it, and I think there’s at least a small chance that I’ll get away with it.”

Seriously, why even make the MC the leader? Is he trying to encourage bad behavior in the other disciples? Or is he trying to protect the MC’s fragile ego so that he’ll be slightly less likely to kill his fellow disciples and feed their bodies to random beasts? Honestly, having someone with the emotional stability and self-control of a three year old on the team is worse than having one less person when doing something even remotely dangerous. The saying “you need not fear strong enemies, only pig teammates” exists for a reason, and he’s definitely a pig teammate.

I was already pretty sure he was going to kill Jianming on this trip, but now the author is bending over backwards to make sure that Jianming attacks him first.

C101: Yeah, this is basically why he shouldn’t have been allowed on this mission at all. I’ll be amazed if the casualties on this mission aren’t relatively high.

I’ve come to the conclusion that the MC doesn’t give a flying f’ about Xiao Mahn. If he did, he would have already contacted her. He’s had more than enough time and opportunities. I’m sure he still thinks of her as belonging to him, but the feeling of owning someone is very different from actually caring about them.

I can’t really stand the MC anymore. Honestly, I’m pretty much rooting for someone to kill him and his entire sect at this point. Just burn the whole thing to the ground along with everyone in it. The number of characters I don’t actively hate in this series can be counted on one hand, and none of them are more than two bit side characters who will basically cease to exist after his next status promotion, except Xiao Mahn who likely won’t be important again until he’s ready to leave the sect. At that point, she’ll either become his personal doormat and pill maker, die horribly to give him a target for revenge, or be kidnapped so he has a damsel to rescue. Basically, she’ll be about as shallow, unimportant and mono-dimensional as a character can get.

AardwarkThe2nd and mrttao like this.