The Scum Villain's Self-Saving System fan fiction

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by alexfilia, Jun 6, 2017.

1. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    YW

Hmmm, I suppose if the ce fei had doting father they might have their own money but this is unusual. Even so, they still wouldn't have a say over what happens to other people's sons/daughters. A powerful/rich concubine would have a say over her own sons/daughters but that should be it. :aww:

BTW, I don't know if you intend to follow this but won't they all be in mourning for a year? Since the junwang died, I mean. They can't marry while in mourning.:blobsweat_2:

Ease and yulin like this.
  2. Gav

Gav [Fairy of the Garden of Evil]

Reading List:
    Link
    /wobbles
    I tried to edit stuff in but I'm kind of wobbly so if something isn't fitting, I'll just have to get back to it later. Just remind me after I nap.

Also in my head, the junwang fei hates all the shiqie and tongfang. She dislikes the ce fei too but at least they have a use. The tongfang and shiqie don't.

Essentially it's like a united front of 'let's all screw the lower rank scheming concubines over!' Fueled by the 'I got here first' grudge.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  3. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    The junwang fei can mostly do as she likes to the lesser concubines but she really shouldn't go overboard. I mean, it's not completely lawless there, is it? So she can't boil them in oil or kill their kids. :blobshh:

Wait, I remember now. One of the punishments that is very effective yet not considered "too much" is to send the women to a temple. Rofl, they are confined there and have to live like ascetics. Basically, make them go on a religious retreat ... but its forever hahahahaha.

wraven881, Ease, Nekura and 2 others like this.
  4. heartantares

heartantares One Who Provides Uselessly Detailed Information

Reading List:
    Link
    you can do the temple thing immediately during mourning too cant you? good way to get rid of the unsightly leeches right away. not to mention they are still being "taken care" of.

Nekura, yulin and Lunnear like this.
  5. xenotop

xenotop Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobphone::blobphone::blobparty::blobparty:!!!
    :blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn:

Nekura, yulin, Lunnear and 1 other person like this.
  6. yulin

yulin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Muach..muach.. candy so sweet >_< :blobmelt:
    Revenge feel so sweet so delicious:blobmelt::blobmelt::blobReach::blobReach::blobhero::blobowoevil_horns:

Gav, Nekura and Lunnear like this.
  7. Slis

Slis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yay!! Candy :blobicecreamlove:

Unfortunately G is showing far more mercy and compassion then most so called 'noble' households :blobconfused:

The flip side is, give most of these people even a little more power and suddenly their true nature shines through. Like inviting a viper into your home:blobexpressionless:

No comment on the kids, but some of these ladies have been scheming since the single digits.

That is a very thorough analysis :blobdizzy:
    Wow, looks like everything is wrapping up nicely with everybody getting their just desserts :blobhero:

readerz likes this.
  8. Gav

Reading List:
    Link
    I just woke up.

You remember when you guys mentioned the woman who tried to marry someone else's child off to a pedophile, right?

For benefits?

That's what I mean when I write the junwang fei, ce fei and di sons are trying to 'sell' the shiqie's kids.

9. Gav

Reading List:
    Link
    Candy!
    ATDSVT
    On the surface, on paper, it was a perfectly good match. The man was a wealthy official of shu heritage in the Ministry of Rites. The girl was a recently deceased junwang's shu daughter, supposedly fine, virtuous and talented.

It just failed to cover that he was almost ten years older than twice her age, a widower who wanted to get married as soon as the mourning period was over, overweight and his youngest son from a ce fei was her age.

And the match had been suggested by one of her father's ce fei, accepted by the Junwang Fei.

Yes, this really was the meaning of selling for benefits, wasn't it? She was being used to pave a path for one of her brothers. The women in question were even smiling at her with fake kindness, eyes filled with mirth as they spoke of the rights, prerogatives and duties of a wife.

In a year, after mourning, if nothing better presented itself, she would be married to him.

Naturally her mother was weeping.

10. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    I doubt that would be a big deal back then. Overweight wasn't bad. Rich, older man marries a younger woman is perfectly normal. Even today a toad-like Trump can marry hot models half his age...

She's gonna be a rich wife? Yeah, not seeing the problem here. All marriages were arranged back then and she wouldn't have been expecting a handsome man. Wealth and stability were what people looked for back then.

:cookie: Edit:

You have to realize, the wife of a rich man will control all his assets in daily life. I mean, she'll have all his money to play with (the money for the household, not the business).

11. Gav

Reading List:
    Link
    Firstly, she's young and sheltered. Second, like every woman she wants an attractive spouse, third, her mom thinks she could do better and has told her so, and fourth, she's not actually ever going to be allowed to handle that money.

Also fifth, those women wouldn't be smiling if that was her only problem.

The widower in the description is there for a reason.

12. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobamused: Even young and sheltered women back then always knew they would be married off to get an advantage for their families. She would have had to bury her head in the sand her entire life not to know she was going to be sent off. Besides, as a shu daughter this is a step up for her to be a di wife.

... oh you're saying there's more? I see.

If the shu daughter could do better then she shouldn't be in danger. Marrying beneath your social station means your husband cannot mistreat you. That would be offensive to her birth family who are higher in rank.

xenotop, UpInTheAir and Nekura like this.
  13. Nekura

Nekura [A Troll Who Never Trolls] xD

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup. My Google chrome on android has already reached the :D
    It is estimated about 600-700 tabs as of today, I've had an average of 1.5k tabs before & it died on me when the tabs lagged....:eek:
    I'm crying real tears that day......:cry:
    I'll just pray & hope the tabs won't close on me & burned without backups again this time:blobsweat_2::blob_coughblood::blob_coughblood::blob_coughblood:
    :blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove:
    Yay!!!:blobok::blobok:
    Receiving about 10 candy per day......

S. U. G. A. R.
    JUMP INTO YOUR RACING CAR
    SAY SUGAR RUSH!!!
    SUGAR RUSH!!!
    :blobparty::blobparty::blobparty::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobsmilehappyeyes::blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove:

14. Gav

Reading List:
    Link
    Her birth family who is selling her out for advantages to them that are not listed on that paper.

Hydrochoerus and Nekura like this.
  15. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    :aww: I'll just wait for the rest.

Gav likes this.
  16. heartantares

heartantares One Who Provides Uselessly Detailed Information

Reading List:
    Link
    i am amazed at how many tabs your compie can open.......

even on compie, compie cant even open approx 50-75ish tabs before freezing..... (course i was reloading like 10-20 maybe up to 35 at max of em all at the same time but yeah.... freezing.....)

UpInTheAir and Nekura like this.
  17. Gav

Reading List:
    Link
    Candy!
    ATDSVT
    While the shiqie and tong fang still had a year of mourning to go through before they could be married off, locked up, sent on perpetual religious retreat, given away or disposed of in one or the other fine sounding ways, it must be said that a year was not much in terms of making a path out for themselves.

Indeed, for anyone not a cultivator, did they not have to spend ludicrous amounts on changing horses or take possibly weeks or months between replies to letters?

Especially when the letters in question were to anyone capable of offering aid, whether or not they were on good terms with them.

Well, they were screwed.

ATDSVT
    Had the engagement between herself and the prospective husband merely been on paper, or even had it merely been that he was much older, homely and overweight, it would have been acceptable. Even good.

To be honest, it would have been covered by the fact that he was rich and therefore she could have had plenty of household funds to toy with. Also, having married below her rank, she would have been, in a normal household, completely guarranteed the best possible treatment in order to avoid her birth family's getting offended.

Wealth, stability and good treatment, this should have been a perfect paper marriage.

However...

This so called official in the ministry of rites....His background didn't add up.

Firstly, this man was a serial widower, secondly, his eagerness for the marriage was unusual, even for a man hankering for a younger bride.

Thirdly, and worst, his known official rank didn't explain why he could be of use to her brothers who all had higher ranks than he did, on paper. On paper, they should be able to bully whoever they wanted but this man, apparently they had to bribe.

This did not look good.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  18. Azurite

Azurite Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    CANDY NOM NOM SO MUCH CANDIES NOM NOM NOM:blobparty::blobparty::blobparty::blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove:
    THE CAVITIES AHH THE CAVITIES~:blobxd::blobxd::blobxd::blobxd:
    THANK YOU GREAT FAIRY FOR THE TREATS:sushi_thankyou::sushi_thankyou::sushi_thankyou:

readerz, Nekura and Gav like this.
  19. Ease

Ease 『Lone butterfly』『Freeloader』

Reading List:
    Link
    All these sugar... my teeth!:blobsob:
    But I still want more:blobReach:

readerz, Nekura and Gav like this.
  20. Gav

Reading List:
    Link
    You're all addicts.
    /stares at fairy tale she was reading for research for this particular girl's segments.

readerz likes this.