LCD Life Howling

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by SerialBeggar, Jun 27, 2017.

1. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  2. Dark Divine God

Dark Divine God Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it's similar to Arena.

3. Dark Divine God

Dark Divine God Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read the manhwa and it stopped at chapters 50sh, it looks like the ending was already done in a horrible way and hoped it continues so I started looking for the novel but disappointingly it did not have many releases.

4. orensan

orensan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    same as you, because it's paywalled behind munpia no one is willing to pick it up

5. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks, I'll check it out. (y)

6. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    Oy! What's up with GameOfScalation's site: https://gameofscanlation.moe/ ? :(
    Just when it looked like the translations was going well, the site seemed to have died. I didn't even get to read chapter-24 yet!

7. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Surprised few people are reading this series. I hope the translator goes past chapter 100
    Also, why isn't this thread linked to the novel page?

8. TheSinofPriDe

TheSinofPriDe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well its either we wait manhwa or novel that will take a really really long long long time

9. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Series Link: http://www.novelupdates.com/series/life-howling/

C7: I think I would have looked for unarmed combat styles were I him. That way, he could make better use of Absorb.

C8: Also think I would have searched for anything with the god's name in its title or description at that point. Who knows what kinds of useful, highly synergistic stuff would show up.

Think I would also have checked if the level 2 of any skills were available, just so I could see if I'd need to grind skill levels or points to get my skills up.

C9: Well, if he wants to live a normal life, he could always use his reward points to purchase skills like Accounting or Computer Programming or any number of languages. He should be able to blast through school pretty quickly like that and then get whatever job he likes making very high wages.

Or, if he wants to be less honest about it, he could just get a skill that manipulates chance and go gambling.

Or, if it's cheap enough, he could just get a skill that turns things into gold.

C14: they should exchange numbers if they're going to be experimenting with points. They won't be able to share results otherwise.

C29: Honestly the value of points is far higher than the amount of cash they give. I think he's probably better of learning a skill he can use to earn money in the real world.

C32: The mage should learn to conjure water if she can. It'd solve the water problem quite handily, and the water problem is much more urgent than the food problem.

C37: If he was going to get a gun, he should have seen about getting a magic gun that didn't need bullets.

How the heck is Mjolner only 5P? Is it because almost no one can use it?

Iron weapons weren't in the list. How did he buy one?

C39: He's severely overestimating himself, or underestimating professional athletes. Even if they're weaker than him (and they shouldn't be, based on what was said about his powers' effects) they still have much better techniques and far more experience. Also, MMA isn't about killing, so there's a ton of rules and restrictions that he hasn't bothered to learn. Even if he beat the other person, he'd probably still wind up disqualified.

Also, what happened to his job? He's not been in for three days in a row now.

C43: Why does he have 19 points? Shouldn't he only have 9?

They really should all get divination abilities of some kind. If nothing else, it'd help them find each other faster at the start of each round.

I'm not sure if its the translations or the original work, but there are just so many errors in this series, especially with skill names.

CountryMage likes this.
  10. NewbArtist

NewbArtist *Blubg

Reading List:
    Link
    So...
    Where's my say in this...?
    (Jk)

11. Guiltia Sin Jurai

Guiltia Sin Jurai Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mmmmmm
    I just want more chapters?

12. Ignus

Ignus Philosopher of Flames

Reading List:
    Link
    @jacobpaige And this is the reason why it is rated lower than 4 stars.
    Overall, the story is pretty good. But these logic bombs hurt.
    Same problems with numbers and things are also found in "The Gamer"

I really wish I could read more about the MC and the rich blond girl's Meetings about the White room.
    Like him giving her advice to look for anything related to a Gods name.
    Or her skill selection.

13. John Doe

John Doe "UNKNOWN"

Reading List:
    Link
    trash novel with trash MC i couldn't read more than 5 ch and i love genre like this novel ....

14. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think I read this novel, but why did I find the art seem oddly familiar?....

15. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
  16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Then you should probably steer clear of Arena. It's basically the same story, but worse.
    Yeah, it's not to the point of dropping it yet, but I do hope that someone on the team starts using their brains a bit more sometime in the near future, and I would like to know more about people's skills and how many points they're getting. I mean, do they all get the same number? If not, then how did he get so many from killing the zombies when it was the mage who killed almost all of them? If they do, then how is it that the mage bought so few skills? With as few as she bought, unless she ramped them up to 10 or something, she should have been able to buy the 1k bag.

Ignus likes this.
  17. Ignus

Ignus Philosopher of Flames

Reading List:
    Link
    I think a few of your questions, and even ideas in your Original Post are addressed.
    This author, despite all his faults, somehow writes a story that gets my imagination flowing.
    It is worth reading just because the frame work of an excellent story is there.
    Even if that only leads to disappointment at what could have been.
    I have heard that this story, at least the manhwa, has been dropped so he can focus on his other 2 works.
    The gamer and Wizardly Tower

18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    This is the same author as The Gamer? My expectations for it just took a serious dive. That man is not good at math, story planning, or crafting a coherent plot. He just tosses a whole bunch of neat ideas into the story and doesn't think too much about what all those ideas would mean when connected together :(

Ignus likes this.
  19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I cringed every time he called a hobgoblin a hop goblin. I wonder if it was intentional, or translator/writer error.

20. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, same as The Gamer.

I actually liked the manga for Life Howling but haven't really been up for picking up the novel (a bit busy). But Wizardly Tower after they settled down became worse than terrible trash. Not sure what in the world the author was thinking, I dropped it cause I couldn't follow the plot anymore. I don't think introducing a million things the reader doesn't understand is good story writing. I can understand things like mystery, but he is just name dropping things without any explanation, at least The Gamer explained things simple enough for most people to understand. Wizardly Tower pretty much leaves the reader behind completely. I hope it gets canceled and Life Howling manga continues.

How does the Life Howling manga compare to the novel btw?