LCD Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Parth37955, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Lazy King

Lazy King Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My theory of why he can't use healing magic?
    It is because of his familiars. In the novel, he has mastery over all elements. In the early pages of the manga, he does not. He does not.
    He mentions how difficult some elements are. One of which is darkness. And who does he contract after that? Mio. And what is her main element? Darkness.
    Going further, at that point in the manga, he already contracted Tomoe and one of the elements he mentions he has an affinity to is water.

Before contracting anyone, the only element he uses is fire, brid with fire element. None of his familiars has any relation with fire. Fire is his own natural affinity. What does this tell you about his personality? You tell me, it wasn't really my point

Still don't believe me and say I shouldn't take this seriously because it was the manga? Well then, let us look at the novel then.
    It is mentioned that due to their contract, Makoto gains access to a portion of his followers abilities. Tomoe's ability to open a mist gate to Asora, Mio's incredible regenerative ability. And a certain degree of Tomoe's ability to read people. In fact once Makoto was in a near death state. They mention Mio's regen may have been a factor in his recovery

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
  2. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    This is true, we've seen him use Tomoe's abilities, but they said he was still having trouble using Mio's. Mio herself had to heal him after the fight with Sofia, pouring her healing energies into him, or something like that, probably similar to how she feeds her kin but without the stabbing.

Paps likes this.
  3. Lazy King

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't take a god's words lightly. We don't see him give a second blessing but he did say he has permission to do as he wills and a seed of power that may become anything.
    Let us look at the Bug. You would think she wouldn't give him a gift at all BUT she did say, "don't put your disgusting seed in my perfect hyumans, just live in the wastelands and do it with the mamonos. And what was the result? An incomplete time before Babylon blessing where he can speak with any living being (and non living) except hyumans

4. Masukure

Masukure Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you mind telling me where it said he had difficulty with darkness magic? I only remember the the scenes where he tested his affinity after contracting mio and it showed different elements floating over his hand, water and darkness being the greatest.

In a way this actually kinda supports what I was saying about him being able to use healing magic. Isn't Shiki's specialty healing magic? He devoted his whole life?... Death?... to studying healing magic in the search for immortality (or something like that). Makoto should have gained affinity for it after contracting Shiki.

5. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    Shiki was seeking the secrets of the Graunts, and he gave Makoto more darkness, along with Earth element affinity, their affinity is obvious from their hair colors.

6. Masukure

Reading List:
    Link
    She does say she was giving him the blessing-

7. Lazy King

Reading List:
    Link
    This was the manga. And he was making different Brids and he mentions a few he could not do.

Also I don't remember whether Shiki had an affinity to healing magic. I know he could do it but you gotta ask whether his method of healing was really healing magic. I do remember he has an affinity to earth as an undead.

And this isn't a response to you but I'll mention it here. Mio's method of healing Makoto was not healing magic. She mentions how difficult it is to do while keeping Makoto alive. Thus healing magic was not one of her affinities. What she was doing was supplementing Makoto's own healing factor by literally feeding him her own self

Paps likes this.
  8. Masukure

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember there being something about saving his friends life. Also, I don't shiki has a strong darkness affinity. I only quickly checked the wiki (which I know is unreliable but I don't feel like searching for the right chapter), but it says his highest affinity is healing, followed by wind and earth.

9. Masukure

Reading List:
    Link
    His healing magic was real healing magic. I remember Makoto being surprised at a lich using healing magic... I'll try to find the chapter, though I'll give up in about 10 minutes if I don't find it.

10. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    He said himself, that he has some skill with healing, but that wasn't his focus. I believe his friend was already dead when he started his quest for unlimited power, the things he studied as an undead have very little if at all to do with healing, turning animals into monsters, and unlocking sealed racial abilities.

11. Lazy King

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok fine you found the exact quote and cleared one of my mistakes but it doesn't disprove my point that he could have gotten a blessing after transference.
    (But my impression was Tsuki weakening was a result of many factors:
    Opening a gate and connecting the two worlds(long enough for Bug to kidnap 2 other heroes before others noticing)
    Giving Makoto a blessing that wouldn't lose to the other two heroes given by Bug(he was expecting Bug to give him more than just an incomplete language skill)
    Slowing his landing with magic(just to make him feel better, since he would have survived anyway, what a true bro)
    Deleting his internet history(just a joke don't take this seriously this probably costed little to nothing honestly)
    And manifesting in the other world to talk to him)

Paps likes this.
  12. Masukure

Reading List:
    Link
    Found it! Chapter 59! Its his specialty!

13. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    That's a specialty, not an affinity, healing isn't an element, Shiki is an Earth type.

14. Masukure

Reading List:
    Link
    Also here is Makoto saying he has understanding of the aria and composition of healing magic, but for some reason can't use it. This is also chapter 59.

15. Lazy King

Reading List:
    Link
    Shiki doesn't have strong darkness affinity. Undead is more closely related to Earth than true darkness magic which costs a lot of mana and he mentions is very inefficient in cost and effect terms.
    Mio actually has crazy high affinity to darkness, it is part of how she eats magic and why magic does little to nothing to her except as a snack. To look at darkness application, Makoto created pure darkness as an attack against Shiki and it literally ate away all of his magic attacks. It is literally a black hole for magic. Spending more mp to make than it consumes

Kinda explains why she is always so hungry. Burning more calories than she consumes

16. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably like I said, he is unconsciously holding himself back on healing, everything else will just work if he says the words, or has his armor make the form, but not healing.

Paps likes this.
  17. Masukure

Reading List:
    Link
    Healing magic is an attribute, Makoto states it as such. And yes, attribute and element are the same, they have been used interchangeably.
    Why would he be holding himself back from using a harmless magic, one that he says he wants most. It doesn't make sense. Atleast the with the evil entity theory, there is a reason why it doesn't work. Who knows, maybe it could also explain his level not increasing. Maybe the entity is gaining the levels, but Makoto is the one being tested.

18. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    The evil entity thing is just people trying to explain Chiya's vision, the quote was just posted look at what Tsuki said, he describes Makoto using Sakai while telling him it won't work until he gets to the other world, so that probably wasn't his blessing, not his given ability.

19. Much Much mrm

Much Much mrm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the author is rushing things and I feel like the some details in the past won't be mentioned but there won't be contradictions.

has anyone seen the LN? I haven't read it, might switch to that if the story is different.

The web novel of Overlord was a joke compared to the light novel...

20. Masukure

Reading List:
    Link
    After all this, I'm done trying to defend the theory, but I just want to say 2 last things.
    1. The way chiya described the thing inside him "It is something that shouldn’t have eyes to begin with. And that something is looking at the outside from within him. With great interest, it looks around restlessly". It's very much sounds like there is another entity within him.
    2. It would make the nickname "Devil" much more fitting.