Lin Ming Worst Husband

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by xViper, Nov 12, 2017.

Tags:
?

Amirite

1. Yes

2. Crybaby

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Boricua Lunar

Boricua Lunar The Jaded Wangfei Inquisitive Polymath

Reading List:
    Link
    Listening to all this...I wish I were a Seahorse...then the males have to be pregnant and look after bubs. :) Then I can go around impregnating men.... *day dreams*

2. Jarrow

Jarrow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    PEOPLE. Linley was from Coiling Dragon, and was one of the BEST husbands in a xianxia novel. He had ONE wife, zero concubines / lovers / dao companions / random sluts, and he actually spent the rest of his life with her, rather than abandoning her for some clan slaughtering or tournament BS.

And Lin Ming from MW isn't the greatest, but is still incomparably better than Yun Che from ATG, or that crazy psychopathic nutcase from MGA.

3. Quillink

Quillink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's my dream, impregnate super hot women, and no responsibilities.

4. Feycaller

Feycaller Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He had one wife he barely spent time with. Neglect is just as bad as splitting attention between multiple lovers.

5. Avenger

Avenger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with all of this. But Yun Che is okay in that he seems to give attention to each of his wives at least. Well, not the ones that have gone missing but at least in Little Fairy's disappearance case, that seemed to torture him every day.

Sabruness likes this.
  6. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    I might get some hate for this but......

Yue Yang is best Husband!

- Gives regular love, attention and care to his wives
    - Helps his wives cultivate and get stronger (those that need it)
    - Has good relations with wives families (where applicable)

Leostar likes this.
  7. k1nk4

k1nk4 Sage Verdurous Sea Turtle

Reading List:
    Link
    lets see... first he ignored the girl for more than ten years, after the girl constantly pestered him over another decade, he reluctantly accepted her.
    after he goes to suicidal adventures every time he has a chance. He keeps doing this till the novel ends.
    as it isnt enough, he decides to go to place where he cant even defend himself and drag his wife with him. If not for the almighty plot armor he would have died countless times after getting into hell plane (the name should be something like this) and his wife would have died too or become plaything of others.

8. Nino Sasou

Nino Sasou 『 ******** 』『 On Paid Leave』

Reading List:
    Link
    well, in another occasion linley leave his wife to cultivate for thousand years. don't mention ji ning
    well chu feng doesn't have legal wife iirc :hmm:

9. Leostar

Leostar Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This right here is the truth I also like that line that yun che said what's the point in having eternal life with no one to share it with I think xiao yun is not that bad but he needs to learn to take care of what he has instead of chasing after what he doesn't and Lin Ming is an idiot when it comes to love and taking care of his women btw the two girls are not going to be his only women hmm I think yi yun is a better husband then Lin Ming but I think he misses a lot of opportunities with females and if he wanted to start his own kingdom or sect which he wants to, he squandered a lot of connections but I get it. All I'm saying is the best husband who doesn't get all dumb is yue yang

Sabruness likes this.
  10. Avenger

Avenger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yue Yang from long live summons? He gives his women a lot of love but I have a feeling he would add that dog/wolf companion that he kicks in the stomach to his harem if he could. I heard that he adds harem members like crazy (I haven’t read that far yet though).

11. bbqs

bbqs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Linley kinda cheats in the not abandoning thing though, he has a ton of clones so he can afford to have one accompany his wife/family while cultivating at the same time.

Yan Zhaoge from HSSB seems pretty good from what I read so far.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  12. Jarrow

Jarrow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I kinda see your point, but I also believe that he follows the standard Chinese trope of treating women as property - things to own and therefore be somewhat responsible for, not people. And his speech to his brother-in-law about conquering all the beautiful women in the world just translates to me as 'scum'. : ) I admit I did stop reading due to action-climax burnout about chap 365, the wedding bit, so I'm not at all up to date on it, but further reviews have pretty much discouraged me from picking it up again.
    To me, grinding is irritating, whether it's xp, mats, jade beauties*, or arrogant opponents.

*: for certain definitions of 'grinding', of course. ; D

13. Jarrow

Jarrow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    " . . .one of the best husbands in a xianxia novel." I solidly stand by my statement as qualified. : )

14. Jarrow

Jarrow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed; if he didn't have a spare he'd probably be just as much a loner as all the other xianxia 'heroes'. Before he got his clones, I recall that he was very briefly bummed out about not spending any time with his children and regretting that they fear and respect him, rather than love him. Of course that regret only lasted about 2 sentences, but at least it's something. : |

As for HSSB's Yan Zhaoge, he's not been romantic - or even sexually active - with anyone so far, and he cares about both his dad and (missing) mom, so I still have high hopes he's not going to be a slut. : )

15. KnightN00

KnightN00 A single dog cultivator of LNMTL sect

Reading List:
    Link
    We couldn't deny the fact that most Xianxia/Xuanhuan tend to neglect their wifey(unacceptable!:sushi_potato:)
    If they pass one of these criteria, then they would be a good one enough(for Xianxia/Xuan Huan:
    -have the number of wifey in one digit(include all the lovers)
    -take care of his lovers and wouldn't neglect them or abandon them for long(at most a year)
    -Spoilt their wifey!

16. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    The only one I truly find not very annoying is MC from The Nine Godheads, although not husband yet but his interaction with FL is superb

17. Seraphic

Seraphic Uncomfortably close

Reading List:
    Link
    You know relationships in xianxia are fucked if they make Leylin from WMW look like a responsible husband and father.

18. Kutaifa

Kutaifa Pokémon trainer

Reading List:
    Link
    When is his first child born? I have not read the recent chapters for some time, the last thing i remember is him leaving the lower realm and joined some phoenix sect.

19. TypeFantasyHeart

TypeFantasyHeart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    its in the raws, sorry for the spoiler