Discussion How is Epoch of Twlight?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Avenger, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Avenger

Avenger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was browsing by tags (Harem of course :)), and came across this one. Synopsis seems okay but it has the tragedy tag. Without spoiling much is the novel overall tragic? Bad/sad ending? It also caught my attention since it has 500 chapter translated. Which is always a good thing.

2. ultrafunfun

ultrafunfun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Qidian novel.
    The nocel is not so bad overall, but i think that it was better at the start..
    With every chapter, ut became more and more boring.or so i think.
    This is around ch.400

3. DSKM

DSKM The Demonic Angel (Ko's Twin)

Reading List:
    Link
    Fine overall I guess

4. Twilight Fox

Twilight Fox 【Foxy】【Ayayayay!】

Reading List:
    Link
    ....Meh...It gets pretty bad at the end and everything....It's always "Hi, Im super powerful and unbeatable so you have to crawl under my crotch and bend over backwards for me!".

I'm severely disappointed in the MCs treatment of his pets. Hmm? Oh I'm sorry. "Battle Beasts" is the word they used. Like srly, he just totally forgot about them for years ata time and when one of them died he was all like "...Oh well...". I hope PETA bites the authors ass.

Meh...It's better than God and Devil World. At least there's only 4 or 5 wifus/concubines. As opposed to God and Devil World, where there are so many women, that no one can remember them all without a piece of paper...

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  5. eMyzer

eMyzer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try it. It's quite god. Better than most at least.

6. Chupchup

Chupchup Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not the best translated novel but I like the beginning (200 to 300+ chapters) of the novel. I would give that portion a 4/5 if you like the premise (apocalypse + mutations + game system + super powers + survival ) It gets boring and filler like in the latter parts (latter 150+ chapters). Big blocks of text on sci fi stuff you really don't care about. Nothing that really progresses the story but rather seem like they're trying to fill a word count so let me word dump some sci fi topic. MC becomes way way OP (ie does it matter at that point..) ... Also starts "telling" rather than "showing" (ie becomes more of a narration) (1.5 out of 5). .. At this part I let chapters queue up and speed/skim read the novel when I run out of stuff.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  7. iormunger15

iormunger15 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a decent novel. The protagonist is OP. He grows in power very fast. The scale of the world shifts drastically though to make it challenging for him The story really crawls at some points and when this happens, the author just brings about radical changes in the world just to move the story along. These shifts got quite annoying. The harem is okay. It's just a group of pretty women who he brings along everywhere to satisfy the increased libido brought about by his superpowers. He does care for them though.

At the end of the day it's a book that you can pick up when you are bored.

8. kungfoodfighter

kungfoodfighter Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At first it was kinda cool, he wasn't such a horndog at first and even rejected some advances cause he was concentrated on getting stronger. The world building was pretty good I think for the apocalypse as there was some mystery about what was going on. Then came about 300-350 chapters and aliens and it went downhill fast and his level ups got stupid OP. Also he started nailing everything.

I say read the first 50 chapters or so and if you like what you see you should enjoy it at least till the 300's, I know I did. If after that you don't find the turn in the story that bad then keep reading, if you start to question though stop, cause it only gets worse. I dropped somewhere after chap 400

9. anto1440

anto1440 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it isnt bad but its not amazing. The Mc is extremely op later on in the 500 he's on his way to becoming a godlike being, hes going around compressing atoms and hacking a virtual reality the best scientist that ate intelligence enhancing fruit in a matter of seconds (1-2 seconds iirc) created.

10. Bakdal

Bakdal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It became sh*t after 400ish. Way out of the "survival" enjoyable part.

11. Fluffums

Fluffums 【R-18 Researcher】【Seeker of Moe】

Reading List:
    Link
    ... Wouldn't you normally know by checking out the reviews?

12. Xiao x2

Xiao x2 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Meh, trust me you should not read this once alien shit happens, which if I am correct is at chap 400+.Plot became worse when they even killed his battle beast lizard even though at that time he can already be considered the strongest being in Earth. This novel is not that bad just that you need to bear with his hypocrisy and self-justification.

13. Shem

Shem ┃ᐕ) ⁾⁾「Lv 69 BL Hunter」☆ Vrelty's Seme ♤♡ ꪋς꧖ ☆

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm its cause the guy who's living with him was missing and they found it dead. Well anyway, I got bored reading it so I dropped it

14. SilverFeather

SilverFeather [Seeker of Yuri]•[Likes tomboys]

Reading List:
    Link
    it put me off after mc started to act like a xianxia MC? It was decent at first but... yea...

15. thymee

thymee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    its really bad meh

16. omarct

omarct Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The story is amazing. I was skeptical because of the reviews, but I guess people just have different tastes. I fully recommend it if you enjoy xianxia novels, the harem is decent if that is your thing.

17. igiveup

igiveup a good boy

Reading List:
    Link
    Was decent, then suddenly aliens and he can fly around the world within mins.

Suffers from OP mc, and wtfikation of the plot.

Had potential, but wasted it.