LCD Life Howling

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by SerialBeggar, Jun 27, 2017.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That would be more of a question for @Ignus I would think.

Ignus likes this.
  2. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, sorry about that, I meant to quote both of you but guess I didn't notice he didn't get quoted.

Ignus likes this.
  3. Ignus

Ignus Philosopher of Flames

Reading List:
    Link
    Life Howling Manhwa is pretty decent. Even though the art is sub-par.
    I still enjoyed it more than reading the novel.
    Much of the cringe in the novel gets skipped over in the manhwa.
    Even the confusing skill descriptions in the novel even get glossed over and simplified in the manhwa.
    But only 50ish chapters, and hiatus status.

4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Going by the comments on Batoto, I thought it had been completely dropped by the author/artist.

5. Ignus

Ignus Philosopher of Flames

Reading List:
    Link
    Yah, Basically.
    Baka Updates has Indefinite Hiatus.
    I just shortened as I looked it up back on Friday.

6. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm assuming that the skill points are awarded based on the level of each kill attributed to the person, they probably split the points for the wildfire with everyone that survived, so long as they dealt some damage to a zombie, though the majority of the MC's ppoints were probably due to the boss zombie.

The skill costs are probably different for each person, down to affinity, the guy's magic bag was one of his class' items, so cheaper for him, than the mage's version was for her. Though, if that were true, then the point costs on some of the skills and items would drop the more you acquire for that class, as your affinity would be rising.

7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I took the affinity thing into account when I said she should be able to afford the bag if she'd gotten as many points as him. It was only 1k points as I recall, and her skills and mage weapon shouldn't have cost more than a hundred or so total. If she got anything close to the same number of points as him, then she should have hundreds left over even after buying the bag.

8. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    Instead, she did exactly what he told her to do with those points, what she remembered other than shirtless mc, invest points in mana, mana regen, and more fire power.

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Right, but unless she ramped them up so high that she should have been much more deadly than she was, she should still have had the points to get the bag.

10. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, the magic skills he saw on the list were pretty expensive, and whatever she chose upped her firing rate, she used to pass out after just a couple fireballs. She may have blown it on several MP Up unlocks and the mana regen jewelry, though Pyromancy skills can be pretty expensive if she is getting them from different disciplines.

I'd probably look for the set of fire skills that leads to healing or purifying flames, if I wanted to follow the footsteps of the MC, while staying a fire user.

11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm just basing my assumptions on what it cost the MC for his class related upgrades. The first level stuff was mostly 10 points as I recall with second level being 50(?) and she didn't really buy many things. If we assume that she spent all the points on just those few things, then I'd expect her to be doing vastly more damage than the MC and to have nearly one-shotted that boss. After all, the undead are just as weak to fire as they are to the divine.

12. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    I think we should compare like with like, instead of looking at his beginner skills, look at his unbranded, and unrelated magic skills, that iron body or whatever technique and the Drain Touch spell(?) that should show us around what cost low level magic skills would be. Or separate his skills into Martial Arts and Magic/Divine, and look at the price for the Divine Power upgrades, to know what it would have cost a magic user. The gods are watching too, so they may have given all the points to the one that had the idea of burning down the woods that time...they have him on an arsonist watchlist, after all....

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, the localized rainstorms were funny ;)

That aside, I'm basing it off his class skills/spells since everything she's gotten should fall under class skills/spells for her as well.

14. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought the "rain drops" were going to be the goblins peeing on the fire. :oops:

15. Arpit

Arpit Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe instead of buying bunch of low level skills , she bought higher levels of mana regen and mana capacity. Since she had zero capacity of mana in the beginning, it must have taken quite a lot of points. Moreover, if she had also picked a high level pyromancy skill, her mana consumption would have been greatly increased thus limiting the number of shots she could throw and reducing her fighting power.

16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    You can't really have it both ways. Either she bought a high level skill, and should be doing far more damage, or she bought a low level skill, and should be able to afford the bag. Either way, if she dumped all the remaining points into mana and mana regen, then she should find it very difficult to run out of mana unless she's keeping high level spells constantly active.

Or are you saying that she's been ignoring what he said and dumping all her points into skills without bothering to have the mana/regen to support said skills? If so, then I'd have to disagree. She's not an idiot, nor would the author allow her to disobey the MC. The author is a typical KN WN author after all. Female characters disobeying the MC would never go unpunished.

17. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    I think she started with the vague/general Pyromancy skill, so as long as she has enough magic, and a good image, she should be able to do relatively high level fire skills. Though she could probably buy a few mana cost reduction upgrades from the Pyromancer catalog.