Don't you love those tards that promotes aggregator sites and tries hard to bypass chapter locks?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by bigwhitebunny, Nov 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigwhitebunny

bigwhitebunny Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't you just find it funny when there are retards saying, hey I hate QI for duohosting novels off WXW, now we r gonna go to another aggregator site to read all QI novels now! Let's give them a taste of their own medicine, by benefiting someone even more evil with an even worse business ethics!

I mean, do they not have a brain? R they really trying to stick up for the translators and the community or just for their own benefits?

Oh and those people that tries so hard to bypass the chapter lock. Thank you smart a$$! In the past we had to donate for those bonus chapters, of course or you can wait for other people to donate and just leech. But to ask for just a few seconds of your time so everyone can pitch in for the bonus chapters and you can't do it? How selfish are you?
    Good for you guys, if QI implements paywall in the future cuz the ad revenue can't sustain their payrate to the translators, we all know whos responsible.

Now, watch all the hate comments come in bashing QI. I'm not sure if you noticed but after QI joined, their novels only released more and more frequently, and 2-3 chaps/day is kinda like a standard now, at least for all the novels i'm reading on QI. Meanwhile, novels on WXW and volare are struggling to do two or even one chapter a day. Idk, maybe the financial incentive is just not great enough, unlike what RWX said bout how their translators earn more than QI. As a reader, I'm happy with the change. As long as there's no paywall, or if the paywall doesn't cost me more than a six-pack every month.

2. IAmGodSlayer

IAmGodSlayer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am not a QI hater nor do I have boycotted reading QI novels but the quality of QI translations compared to WW and Volarenovels seriously sucks(some novels look like they have been MTLed and edited). And even if they do introduce the paywall, nobody is going to spend their hard-earned money to read shit quality translations. I would rather donate WW and volarenovels for faster release rates.

3. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    cuz they become whinny?
    I mean it's okay to do it on private~ but to promoting it? 19637.png

just change da word like rather than visit Qi I prefer go to other source~ 19668.png
    there also Google translate option 19668.png

Razogul, Koshiro and wonderer like this.
  4. TheUnbreakablePlotArmor

TheUnbreakablePlotArmor Mt.Tai cannot see me, as you cannot see Mt.tai

Reading List:
    Link
    hello just passing by before the tsunami hits

btw i am running out of spirit stones what do i do

Wujigege likes this.
  5. Noche

Noche New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I love them with all my heart

6. bigwhitebunny

Reading List:
    Link
    Just send refer emails to all your side chick emails lool, or just watch the ad duudde i rather do that honestly, just closing my eyes for a few seconds to rest

True, WXW novels do tend to be on the higher end of quality. QI might be focusing too much on the per-chapter incentive, thats why translators r rushing out chapters

7. Vyren

Vyren Version 3.33

Reading List:
    Link
    Heh, can't wait for this thread to be swallowed up in the dirty cesspool known as the Qidian merge thread. And really, there are plenty of people who don’t care as long as they can read, the reason you don’t seem them making statements is cuz they don’t care! :love:

Nino Sasou, Varno and Koshiro like this.
  8. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, you do have a point, it's definitely better to go to Qidian rather than reading at an agregator... Some haters are just too engrossed on their hating to notice that though... *shrugs*

9. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    Just saying but trying to create even more drama isn't good to the community either.
    :blobpeek:

StuffedDuck likes this.
  10. static7s

static7s [Lightning Origin Slime][Void Prince][Zappy Doom]

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel the same way about them as I do about Donald Trump; they make me want to pull someone's hair out no less than they amuse me.

11. leegood

leegood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  12. Potatos

Potatos [Mostly Inactive] [Frozen Ink's Slave #2]

Reading List:
    Link
    Calm child, calm.

Probably everyone is aware that aggregator sites are horrible, it's just that some people hate QI even more. Depends on the person. Stop pushing your worldviews on others. Personally I just block both out of my life and delete them from my mind. Either way, even if there is a paywall, there will always be ways to bypass it..........

Here before merge, yay

13. bigwhitebunny

Reading List:
    Link
    "Hitler is bad" Shhh, stop pushing your worldviews on others, personally I just block that out of my life" (until it starts to affect me too and then it's too late)

Pyoo and Wujigege like this.
  14. AwwGasm

AwwGasm Knows some things.

Reading List:
    Link
    Qidian needs more competent shills, upgrade from the 50 cent army already.

Asf and Avrnea like this.
  15. Sena

Sena Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This argument is pretty much always wrong. For-profit companies will always seek profit, and seek to maximise profits, because that's the entire point. QI isn't a charity, and they aren't just accepting money to pay the bills while they release novels as a hobby, their goal is to make as much money as they can.

If a paywall will increase their profits, they'll implement a paywall. That's all there is to it. Even if they make a ton of money from ads alone, they'll still do whatever they can to make more.

16. MantouInv

MantouInv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just because someone has a brain and can actually think doesn't mean they're paid to talk. It's fine if your narrow minded brain can't understand that though.

GodBrandy, SoulZer0 and Rule71 like this.
  17. bigwhitebunny

Reading List:
    Link
    funny how you focus on this instead. But r u against or for those retards mentioned in the original post?

honestly, at least my argument is reasonable, and you r just saying retarded things with no logic. Who's more like a 50cent army?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2017
  18. AwwGasm

AwwGasm Knows some things.

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe you should get a brain too lol

Big white bunny, or 大白兔, a famous Chinese candy brand.

Account created on may 25 to post on the thread "Chinese Reaction to Wuxiaworld vs. Qidian issue".

Since then has only ever posted on the following Qidian/WXW related threads:
    • The Wuxiaworld Way + Full-Time Translator Recruitment
    • Questions of WW's agreement
    • Qidian Already Making Bad Changes on The Site (Mod edit: Qidian adds 3 second timer)
    • Qidian Dual-hosting Wuxiaworld Novels
    • Wuxiaworld's Formal Response (With Screenshots)
    • QIDIAN ad-wall, seriously? === Mega-merge ====
    • Any good Qidian novels?
    • GGP Official Response
    • Post Qidan 30 Days Suspension
    Astroturf more lol

mrttao, Vi.M, Pyoo and 6 others like this.
  19. bigwhitebunny

Reading List:
    Link
    tbh, what else is more interesting to discuss on this forum? OHH guys swords or saber? terms for BL novels? sexism in Xianxia?
    Really??
    I like this kind of controversial topics more. No thanks to whatever you are interested in discussing

20. Sena

Sena Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on the individual, some have good reasons and some don't. Personally, I prefer aggregators over QI, though I don't actually use any aggregators. QI has a lot of specific problems and specific harmful actions they've taken, most aggregators are more passively and vaguely bad. Even if a specific aggregator is run by a known asshole who makes death threats against translators, that's still less problematic than what QI has done.

The only thing in QI's favour compared to aggregators is that they actually give some money to authors, and Qidian doesn't exactly have a great reputation in that regard either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.