Don't you love those tards that promotes aggregator sites and tries hard to bypass chapter locks?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by bigwhitebunny, Nov 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AwwGasm

AwwGasm Knows some things.

Reading List:
    Link
    Except you make recommendations specifically for qidian novels too lol, try being consistent

Avrnea likes this.
  2. bigwhitebunny

bigwhitebunny Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i think i recommended 2, and thats cuz i honestly think those two r good, and I dont think WXW have those kinds of novels that was asked by the OP. My bad. I didn't comment on things like "law breaker, closed all tabs.....grahhhhhhahahaha, playing anisongs in wedding, How old is Li QIye in ED in the latest chapter, I want to eat your pancreas." Real fun topics u participated, u r one smart man

- Where have you learned about their relationship with authors? Is that why most authors prefer working with QI over other Chinese publishers?
    - what exactly have QI done that makes them even worse aggregator sites? But i know that translators r willingly outputting more chaps than those translators on WXW and volare.
    Lol. Harmful actions. What have they even done to u. Won't reply anymore after learning u r one of those retards mentioned in the post

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2017
  3. Hotato

Hotato Eternally Confused

Reading List:
    Link
    Not exactly consider worse since Qidian and aggregator sites both steal translator's work (well Qidian only steal few novels) but Qidian copy the translation because they consider the translator's work as their because they own the copyright to the author work or was it the publication right? :hmm:

4. Arzanite

Arzanite Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, i mean. Personally i¨have no problems with watching a -30sec video every now and then to read. I'd rather watch a 8 second long video and get a chapter, than hoping some random person will pay for the chapter completely.

Wujigege and Rule71 like this.
  5. Razogul

Razogul [Flag Raiser][Rald's and Carm's Senpai]

Reading List:
    Link
  6. AwwGasm

AwwGasm Knows some things.

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks! it's called being part of the community, something you've ranted about in multiples posts regarding Qidian (again lol).

You should try it out sometime to make your astroturfing less obvious.

7. Atl92

Atl92 [God] [Devil] [Hero] [Monster]

Reading List:
    Link
    The reason why most people think their worse than aggregrator sites, is QI lies blatantly to your fuckin face and laugh about it while throwing money around. Their business ethic is shit and has caused a shit ton of people to hate them. Hell if you even read the *cancer* that were the QI threads in the beginning you would know this. They constantly went back on their word, and did a lot of questionable things that were skirting the line of the law, or straight illegal. Hell then there was GGP from GT that tried to fuck over his translators after QI threw a nice wad of cash his way so that ruffled a lot of feathers, and if it wasn't that bad at first we found this out after he lied through his teeth and was proven to be lying. QI also fucked over a long and beloved site WuxiaWorld and have gone back on their word, or just lied to them over and over and over. Seriously people fuckin hate them, as they are lies, cheats, and hire some of the worst translator-teams (or they did at first idk bout now).

If you were a smart person you would have never posted this thread, but well here we are and a new post will now be added the the *cancer* that is the QI megathread.

8. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    You know "bunny"...

you're just digging yourself even deeper. With every post, even if you arent a QI shill you manage to make yourself look like one. It's so amusing, like this whole thread.

sits back and munches on popcorn

also strongly second what @Atl92 said above

GrimKitty, Wujigege, kenar and 2 others like this.
  9. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    um. yeh. they're dumbasses.
    obviously their own benefit. :blobunsure: They like something. They want to read it. They don't want to support one evil. They choose another. Ultimately, they're doing whatever makes them happy.
    not exactly the same. If someone is reading on mobile, I can see why they don't want to watch any ads.
    yeh, I'ma stop you right there. at the current rate of expansion, I'm not entirely sure QI can do anything other than paywall later in the future. It doesn't matter what people do now, I doubt it would be sustainable in the long run.
    As you yourself have admitted, the quality of said chapters is lower. Not only that, on some novels, multiple translators are working on the same novel. Also, most of the translators on QI are probably working "full-time". Whereas the translators of volare and WW have other jobs too. Other than Deathblade, etvolare, and RWX, I haven't heard of a translator going full-time.

If you are happy, that's cool. I don't know why you feel the need to make a thread about it. As readers, the people doing stuff like going to aggregators and bypassing adwalls are also doing what makes them happy. The translators get paid regardless of how many people view the chapters. QI is backed by their parent company so there's no fear of them going bankrupt. Paywall is inevitable imo.

P.S. stop double posting.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  10. bigwhitebunny

bigwhitebunny Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe you should stop reading all of QI's novels then, including those that are translated by others but the original belongs to QI. Let's not benefit QI in any way because other platforms had to pay QI to license their novels
    What I'm baffled by is how ppl would choose someone even worse over QI thinking that is a solution, and still read QI's work (including those translated on other platforms) despite how much they trash talk them. No matter how much you dont want to admit, those awesome novels that got us into reading came from QI.

11. Atl92

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe, because those sites don't lie to their face and spit on them? I mean use your damn brain for a second.

12. LysUltima

LysUltima Riichi! Tsumo! Toitoi! Suuankou!?

Reading List:
    Link
    1. sh!t business ethics
    2. halting the tl of multiple novels
    3. directly stealing (and even claiming as own) other ppl's tls
    4. all these shills
    :hmm:

StuffedDuck, kenar, Sharudeis and 3 others like this.
  13. Atl92

Reading List:
    Link
    Also you're mad at other sites for stealing work, but QI has also done this on multiple occasions. QI is just as guilty as any other aggregrator sites.

StuffedDuck likes this.
  14. Avrnea

Avrnea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sorry to disappoint you but... shills are paid not to use their brains~

15. KnightN00

KnightN00 A single dog cultivator of LNMTL sect

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, no doubt the quality of naidiQ is unquestionable pass the standard to be call human translation. If worse than this, the LNMTL is welcome.

16. Atl92

Reading List:
    Link
    Evidently

17. lonelytree

lonelytree Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn: Amusing.

18. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't understand, what is the OP goals. Preaching about those who using aggregator is useless. They either don't care about others or totally enraged by QI.

And why do you need to attack other TL? Why should you bring them? It doesn't connect with the aggregator issue.

And not all QI novel is releasing 2-3 chapter/day like you said.

Masked knight
    Gourment from another world
    Forty millenium of cultivation
    TKA
    Sacred ruins
    IRAS

The novel above rarely post more than one chapter/day. And this is the one in my reading list (or used to be).

About paywall, do you seriously think that QI can profit using ads only? They need to pay for server, IT resource (dev, tech support, infra), licence, HR team, Legal team, building, utilites, TL, editor, author (assume that their claim is true). Give me your calculation that ads can cover all of it.

StuffedDuck likes this.
  19. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Video CPM in US can easily reach $10, that is 1 cent per view. They also have their regular ad cpms which can go for $1 cpm. (not too much different than what they charge via their china paywall)

So if they have say 10,000 readers per novel chapter that is easily $100 (Though I bet their reader per chapter is much higher, Release That Witch has 16k reading list and this only from NU registered members, if you count non-registered and outside NU it may even hit 100k)

Server is almost insignificant cause they aren't hosting anything more than text which is low bandwidth. Translation is 40$. They own the licensing already. And most of their resources would most likely double up with their current operations.

mrttao likes this.
  20. _Selutu_

_Selutu_ 灭世魔尊

Reading List:
    Link
    You do realize that QI translators are required to stock up to like 200 or 300 chapters before QI even releases any of the chapters, right?

Don't go finger pointing and saw that volare translators are slow and QI is fast. Get your facts right before saying anything like that. What's more, QI translators are paid and many actually work full time I believe, while peeps on volare and WW have other things to do as their profession (e.g. I'm a uni student who's on internship).

Also, quality is a thing. It's easier to churn out chapters when you skip clauses and plagiarize the work of others.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.