LCD Immortal Mortal

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by strixflash, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As I expected.

2. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that drug refining popped back up I wonder if he's going to find more meridians to open. The 108th should open when he enters the immortal realm. He should make an immortal tier batch of channel opening solution and drink it before his next tribulation.

3. Slightly Canted

Slightly Canted Grey Warden

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm happy he got his power back. But it IS back to the beginning again with him having to start out from scratch in the Immortal Realm (IR). This is very similar to when he first entered the Formless Blade Sect. Uh, actually no. Back to when he was a drug refiner back in his home town. Way back.

I know a lot of these novels repeat, and I'm ok with that, truly. I just wanted him to go the IR and start kicking ass and slapping faces. Bring on the good stuff!!!!!

4. Slightly Canted

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you guys think the 108th meridian will be? So far we have two elemental energy storage channels, one spiritual will/energy storage channel, one detox channel, one vitality channel, and one dao gate? I think the dao gate helps him understand the heavenly dao or something. But that's just 6.

Or does he have 3 elemental energy storage channels?

5. Slightly Canted

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone remember when MC got his Revolving Star Passage technique? Was that the legacy technique he got from Formless Blade sect? I thought that was a sword technique and that it had 4 different levels? Does anyone remember this?

6. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Without checking I believe that the invisible sword was the technique he got from the formless blade sect. He pulled the Revolving Star Passage technique out of the broken sword pieces.
    100-102nd are energy storage channels, 103rd is detox, 104th is the Breath Scattering Channel(that lets him blend into the environment), 105th is the spirit storage channel, 106th is the dao revelation meridian, and the 107th is the vitality channel.

Slightly Canted likes this.
  7. Slightly Canted

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks. Do you remember if the revolving passage technique had levels to it?

8. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    It did.

9. Slightly Canted

Reading List:
    Link
    Do we know if Wuji has mastered all the levels?

10. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think he had the complete technique in the first place.

11. Slightly Canted

Reading List:
    Link
    So now we know what Wuji's dao meridian is for. It's for finding hopelessly naive women to save.

12. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if the blackstones in his world meridian will produce more blackstones? Well, they're probably useless after he makes his lattice.

13. Slightly Canted

Reading List:
    Link
    Did he actually put the black stones in his world?

I think the bigger question is; does Wuji even need to make a lattice? His cultivation technique is completely different from those of this world that use spirit channels. He doesn't even have a primordial spirit like normal cultivators. So maybe he doesn't even need a lattice. Maybe his world is the equivalent of a lattice?

14. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    I think he threw all of his important stuff in his world.

The primordial spirit isn't a cultivation requirement like the lattice seems to be so I'm assuming he needs one.

15. Slightly Canted

Reading List:
    Link
    1) How did Mo Wuji's legend of crossing the Immortal Chasm spread? The nice lady that helped him repair his meridians didn't seem like she would spread the news. Particularly because that would be bad for Mo Wuji. And the people of Hundred Flower Manor should not have known even if they wanted to spread it.

2) Once Mo Wuji condenses his Immortal Lattice, why would he even want to wade in the muddy waters of Can He town? Seems like more trouble than it's worth.

16. Trane

Trane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    F*ck the lattice, he will create immortals in his Undying world

17. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    It was probably someone else. All of the cultivators from the Half Immortal Realm tried to cross.

He should be able to kill his way out easily enough. Might as well see what they have.

18. Slightly Canted

Reading List:
    Link
    I just want to take stock of some things I found interesting thus far:

1. Mo Wuji's (MWJ) servant girl Yan'er (homie lover friend) is still missing since years before he became Star Lord.

2. The Nihility God woman who needed MWJ to save her from her own clan is missing, along with the 3 others MWJ traveled with. I assume they went to Lost Continent when things went south with the Yan clan.

3. Ding Bu'er as well as the ungrateful girl he traveled to the first cultivator city with have completely been forgotten about by the author. Shame. Great potential for some good face slapping there.

4. Aunt Eleven and his cousin are still missing. Presumed to have found a massive lucky chance.

5. MWJ never actually finished the Immortal Mortal technique. Which is to say, he never actually fully opened the book. Shame, as it is obviously an Immortal level cultivation technique.

6. Beast Lord and previously Beast Lady got away and are presumed dead. Death by Immortal Chasm. Shame. Great potential for retribution wasted there.

7. MWJ took all of the books in the warden's office back in Yong Ying prison, but he hasn't seemed to have read any of them beyond what he originally found. Shame. More potential lost.

8. MWJ's strange pet that is obviously Immortal Level is still missing. The most interesting thing about this is where the thing was actually found. In some way out of the way place back in the Lost Continent among eggs of a different species of beast altogether. Intriguing.

9. MWJ stated that he thought his grandfather was actually in Half Immortal Domain. He never really had the chance to rescue him but damn, he truly doesn't seem to care at all. Wow.

10. The unfaithful ex-lover of the founder of the Formless Blade sect is still sitting pretty and living fine in her cave after having tried to murder our guy. The only reason why I care is because the founder had the surname Mo. Maybe there could have been a connection with MWJ's clan? Would have been nice to explore that a little bit more seeing as how one of MWJ's greatest techniques came from that encounter.

This is one of my favorite web novels, but one of the things that kill me is the wasted potential by the author. He sets up some good scenarios, then just ditches them at a moments notice, never to be heard from again. In some cases I think that's ok. But is other cases it's kind of frustrating because it either cuts off a great potential plot point, or it leaves an entire previously established plot point unresolved.

mrttao likes this.
  19. Slightly Canted

Reading List:
    Link
    Just like I thought, MWJ doesn't need/can't form an Immortal Lattice. I'll bet his "world" is far superior anyway. Everything else about meridian cultivation has been superior so far.

One thing that interest me though is the fishing elder's cultivation level. That guy knew exactly what MWJ's cultivation method entailed and he didn't seem to find it all that special. I can't wait to find out what fishing elder's cultivation level is.

20. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    The ungrateful girl was at there when he became the leader of the Lost continent.
    Meh. This is one of the good things about this author's writing in my opinion. Every loose end isn't wrapped up. Some enemies get away. Some mysteries are unsolved. Some treasures unclaimed. Makes it seem more like a real world in comparison to MW where almost every plot line is wrapped up before the MC moves on.

The Mt.Tai likes this.