Hello Newbies! A Welcome Thread for You Reader!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by FlowingSong, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Pacekot

Pacekot [Spades] [Blackjack #10]

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello..

2. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
  3. AkunDami

AkunDami Neu membar

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobpeek:
    Nickname: Dami
    Hobby: lurking, stalking
    Genre i usually read: Action, romance, fantasy, anything i guess

Hello, i'm new guy who just found NUF recently. I'm definitely not a clone, spy or anything....
    :blobpeek::blobpeek::blobpeek:Just ignore me so i could stalk people peacefully.

4. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    @hello , @Welcome to NUF !! ^^)/

Stalking while lurking is no fun, you should openly stalk your targets! Let them fear your everyday stalking!!! \(^^)/

5. AkunDami

AkunDami Neu membar

Reading List:
    Link
    :aww::aww::aww::aww:
    That's really great advice senpai. You must be really good at stalking senpai. Thank you!!!

6. Danare

Danare Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi all! I'm not really new to NU, I've just lurked around a lot. Though not anymore! Maybe... Anyhow, onto to some stuff about me:

Name/Nickname you want us to call you: Danare (or Dan)
    Hobbies/interests: Reading, World of Warcraft, animals, and more reading.
    Genres you read often/tags you often look for: Wuxia, Xuanhuan, Action, Isekai, Yaoi, OP Protagonist, Game Elements, Reincarnation, Transmigrations, Ruthless MC, Cold MC. (Honestly I like almost anything as long it has good hook and lot of actions and face-slapping most of time I can't stand slow-paced novels.)
    Your favourite novel/read and WHY;

• Quickly Wear the Face of the Devil: I like this novel a lot because it's unique and changes 'genre' every time MC travels to different world. It has good plot for each world and plus overarching plot. Moreover, the romantic plot is just amazing. Plus the faceslapping here is hilarious and great. I love to see when others act idiots when I just know MC will just destroy them utterly either their reputation or self-esteem or anything else. It's just brilliant novel and I am anxiously waiting for 11th world. It's also at the top of my rankings. <3 FOD
    • Coiling Dragon: This was my opening novel, first Chinese novel I've ever read. I don't even remember how I got started reading all wuxia and stuff but probably branched out to CD somehow from Light Novels but I really enjoyed watching Linley progress further and further. It's just shame that the ending was rushed... Though it has special place in my heart for being my first Chinese novel I've ever read.
    • Stellar Transformations: Similar reasons above.. it was 2nd novel and it was written by same author as well so I enjoyed it a lot.
    • Desolate Era: I'm currently reading this. I like seeing Ji Ning progress and grow stronger and facing challenges. Again, same author so it's easy for me to follow.
    Those novels I've mentioned as my favourite novels, I can't remember all novels I've read but these are the ones that I've read again and again and never get tired of it. Especially FOD :D I'm always on outlook for any good novels that has at least more than 100 chapters... would be best if it's 200+ I read really fast so.

Also I want add something interesting.

Interesting Fact About Yourself: I'm deaf!

That's all about me. ^^ Nice to meet all of you folks on NUF

akki likes this.
  7. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome to the NU book club~ (^-^)/

I like IET novels too. And stellar transformation was the first novel I read of his. Lord Xue Ying is a pretty good one to read. Translations has stopped for a while now though...

If you don’t mind me asking were you deaf from birth or it happened afterwards?

8. Danare

Danare Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the welcome!

I've read LXY as well! It's amazing novel I stopped just biiiit before they halted the translation. Since I like piling up the chapters, I hope they'll restart soon...

I don't mind asking, feel free to ask any questions about it. No matter how offensive it might seem :) I've been deaf since birth. Profoundly deaf. So I only hear like.. extremely loud noises (though it's not really noises I'm hearing, it's just me feeling vibrations but it feels like I'm 'hearing' it.) It's at level of 100 volume on iPod, gunshots and screams close or at level of shattering windows... Concert speakers.. That kind of stuff :)

9. AshCrow

AshCrow LeeFromAsia

Reading List:
    Link
    I may not be a newbie but...

name: AshCrow
    Nickname: Esh Crue
    Hobby: reading, reading, reading, reading, reading, reading, reading, reading, reading, reading, reading, reading, make fun of theists, reading and reading.

Genre: Anything that doesn't involve cultivation and harems.(I'd rather skin myself alive than read those)

10. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh okay~ is there nothing to help your hearing improve?

And can you enjoy music? Listening to loud stuff like rock or metal?

11. Danare

Danare Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope. Hearing loss causes can be different too. Some deaf might have their hear loss come from due to not having hair in their cochlea and making it not possible to transmit sounds/information to the brain. Then there's nerve damage, which basically means the line to the brain between cochlea/other parts in the ear are not functioning properly/working.

For those with not having hairs in their cochlea, having hearing aids might help significantly but again it depends on their hearing loss levels. As for nerve damage... which I have, at most, with hearing aids, you'll just hear sound effects. Like water crashing, water tap running (if close enough) etc. But never words. Though in theory, if I had stem cells injected into my nerve or ear, it might fix the damage or even cause it to improve. But there's no evidence of that and people dislike using stem cells because of some ethical reasons that I can't remember.

As for enjoying music.. definitely! I don't do it much but when I'm in mood, I just use apple ear jacks and jack up my computer's volume to 100 and hear music. Or use my hearing aid. With hearing aid, I typically enjoy classical music with nice flow and vibrations. I feel bad for my parents because when I had speakers I used to play nutcracker song all time... RIP them. Then without them, rock or metal is alright or I can head over to concert. It's always loud enough for me to feel the vibrations.

EDIT: Also, I'm curious. Why I do have "$55" in money section? What it is for?

AliceShiki likes this.
  12. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    You can buy items at the shop (click on the bank tab on the top left corner of the screen) with the money! You earn it by posting! \(^^)/

@Welcome to NUF btw! Enjoy your stay!!! ^^)/

13. Danare

Danare Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooh! Thanks for explaining and the welcome! I will definitely enjoy my stay here!!! ^^/

AliceShiki likes this.
  14. GD2318

GD2318 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name/Nickname: GD2318/GD here!!
    Hobbies:
    Reading,Sleeping(like a total sloth) Eating, Listening to Music, Watching Movies/Dramas, Reading Manga/Manhwa
    Genres you read often/tags you often look for: Yaoi ,Action,Romance, Adventure,Wuxia, School Life and anything interesting

15. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    @hello GD here!!!, @Welcome to NUF ! ^^)/

*giggles* Always nice to see new yaoi lovers! Ever took a look at Liu Yao? It's a really cute novel!!! :aww::aww::aww:

16. GD2318

GD2318 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :aww:Really!? I'm going to start reading it now, cause I'm waiting for updates.

AliceShiki likes this.
  17. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Please do! We update every thursday! \(^^)/

*shameless advertisement is shameless*

I hope you enjoy it!!!

GD2318 likes this.
  18. hammyhamham

hammyhamham Only existing and not living

Reading List:
    Link
    You can call me Sev. I have been reading since around 8 - 10 yrs old. It started with reading Pocket books. Next to it was reading manga's/novels that have genre like Sports, OP MC, Hidden abilities, Medical Knowledge, Yaoi. Typical MC where she/he gets revenge for the wrong doing chuchu. I love to read these things like Tondemo Skill or To Aru Ossan where the MC's are relaxed and just the easy going attitude. I absolutely hate harems and love Reverse harem instead.

About myself: I watch TWD but stopped coz i got spoiled that Glenn died and i can't handle the shock. I love One Piece also stopped coz Trafalgar is going to get his hand get cut (got spoiled again btch), Bleach, Eyeshiels 2. Quiet and lazy type of person. Mostly i'm the listener in the group coz i prefer to listen more than talk.

That's all thankyou.

19. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    @Welcome to NUF !!! ^^)/

Another yaoi lover! Glad to meet you! Ever tried reading Liu Yao? It's a really cute novel that I recommend!!!

Enjoy your stay here!!! \(^^)/

20. hammyhamham

hammyhamham Only existing and not living

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't, i have only tried Love you 59 Seconds. Is that good?

Also *whisper* Can you recommend me really smutty yaoi novel here? :blobnosebleed: