LCD Monster Paradise

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by catatopatch, Jul 23, 2017.

1. vanmaru

vanmaru Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This sucks but thanks for every chapter catatopatch good luck with your other projects

2. metazoxan

metazoxan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well.... the new chapters are finally up.

I still hate Quidan but I'll at least read this. BTW I don't have time to reread the first 61 chapters so if anyone does and read the original ones I have a question. Is there any difference between the two?

I'm curious if they actually retranslated from scratch or if they possible just stole Catao's and treated them as their own.

P.S. On the bright side Quidan FINALLY prodiced a decent cover art for the series instead of those stupid blue cartoon like things. I submitted it as the new cover image because that current one REALLY gives the wrong impression about this series.

FHandsome likes this.
  3. metazoxan

metazoxan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay so.... I don't like it.

I feel whoever translated this either doesn't give a damn and is just getting payed for this or doesn't actually speak English because various parts of the translation are awkward.

The grammar itself is fine but the word choice is poor. Like the flying ship is translated as "Demonic Crystal Spaceship" What? It's flying in the sky! Not Space! Don't call it a damn space ship!

Or the families of eliters are called "royals" instead of "Nobles". Royals should only refer to the ruling family not just everyone who is part of the upper class. What moron translated it as Royal?

Also the cities are being translated as "footholds" which is sort of works but is still not even close to the best word for that.

For a company that uses various means to try to sieze control of so many works I wish they would at least produce stuff of decent quality. Catao's stuff is SO much better than this. I know that this is all we're getting for this series now so I just have to live with it... but this just further cemented my hatred of Quidan. Catao was so much better than these clowns but they stole it for their own profits.

4. Haiku575

Haiku575 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ch 124 - not sure why he let one go :blobconfused::blobconfused::blobconfused:

5. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    For forced plot development lol. Speaking of which, this is bound to go harem, so many hotties that surround the MC.

SixDesires likes this.
  6. Haiku575

Reading List:
    Link
    So quiet in here. I'm enjoying this novel though. :)

Shadowdracul likes this.
  7. gary0044187

gary0044187 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am as well, but kinda miffed about his not communicating with his sister. as an older brother that had to take care of his sisters it drives me insane that he thinks it is ok for her to not hear from him, especially when they send that urn to her.

8. Haiku575

Reading List:
    Link
    I was also thinking the same thing. He might not know they sent an urn, also maybe it's snail mail. I was also maybe thinking she went away to school, so she might not necessarily be home, but I dunno.

9. raifan

raifan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Question.
    Why does he transform into a vampire when he has the blood arts skill already? Both when he fought against the purple dress undying and when he killed the Royal guy in the underground cave, he used the transformation card to use the blood arts.

10. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    What's up with these tags people are adding to the novel though 'sister-complex' , i removed it since it hardly shows any interactions and from what they show it's just a regular healthy interaction, no specific doting lol. What's next, he hugs her and they add the 'incest' tag?

11. Haiku575

Reading List:
    Link
    I like HxH but I hate this arc for some reason. The girl and the second examiner are dbags.

It would be amazing if the examiner lied about the start time of the next assessment being 8am but it was really 5am, cuz f the examinees right? The organization you're trying to get into won't give you accurate information, awesome!

gary0044187 likes this.
  12. Shadowdracul

Shadowdracul Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s written 40Ch/Week. But there aren’t even 30 chapters released per week. (n)(n)

13. raifan

raifan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How do they expect mostly bronze level guys to break into a base that is protected by gold and silver level guys? If not for the MC they would have been mascaraed. Also, they get reprimanded for not being able to get the information on the Weed, when that information cost billions.How can they expect them to afford to even buy that information? Dont forget that the MC had to kill 4 silver level guys to get his second blessing. Those guys had to horde the low level beast and were even willing to rob and steal from jrs. This proves that not all strength doesn't equal massive wealth. Just poor writing.

gary0044187 likes this.
  14. LtBeefy

LtBeefy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Foothold is great term for the cities I think. Especially when you take into account the situation of the world.
    foot·hold
    ˈfo͝otˌhōld/
    noun
    noun: foothold; plural noun: foothold
      • a secure position from which further progress may be made.
    The cities are secured positions for humanity to progress into the wilds. If they just used cities it doesn't have that same notion.

As for the ship, maybe it can go into space. Idk, maybe it will make sense later on in novel. Or it won't.

As for royals vs nobels you can argue either way. Using Royals make them seem much more powerful and influential than if you just called them Nobels. And from what' been shown royals can have vast influence and power and rule over certain cities with that influence.

gary0044187 likes this.
  15. LtBeefy

Reading List:
    Link
    Did author just forget about the urn? I think he did as sister never went omg I thought you were dead and you've been declared dead.

gary0044187 likes this.
  16. LtBeefy

Reading List:
    Link
    Buying the information is of course just 1 way to get the information. You could stalk another contentstant who you think knows the information, contact friends, gather information from gossip.

I mean it is a drug, and their will be drug gossip in the dark to find and hunt down.

As for going into base. The guy did say he never truly expected them to actually go in. Admits he lied.

17. raifan

raifan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Stalking a contestant is pointless. Over 10000 people. Which do you choose? Such a waste of time as there would be no educated analysis. Just hoping to get lucky.
    Also, there would be no gossip about the drug because it was in a crystal form. I think it was mentioned that the drug was sold in a different form, so even with gossip, how are they supposed to make the connection?
    If he didn't expect them to go into the base, then what was his expectation? What measures did they put in place to make sure they don't go in?

18. gary0044187

gary0044187 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone else think his reaction when he realised she was the transendent was stupid as hell? Dude, they want to capture all of you! She's just being nice by offering an opportunity to join them. Talking to her won't help, start summoning things and prep any nuke cards you have.

19. LtBeefy

Reading List:
    Link
    Gold elite guards are a good deterrent of preventing them from going in haha. And drug can be called same in powdered and crystal form. And if u can' pay for information but know where information dealers are just wait there till u see a candidate contact a dealer. Then u know they could pay.

Also don' forget hunters can earn bank

20. johonson

johonson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    now 25 :(

Shadowdracul likes this.