LCD Monster Paradise

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by catatopatch, Jul 23, 2017.

1. raifan

raifan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The guards could be a deterrent if they knew they were there, but how would they find out? The drug was called ZC in the powdered form that was sold to the public. No way to link them.
    They wouldn't know who the information dealers were though. Don't forget that the the MC and the other girl had to go to certain bar in the black market. And even then, they had to use a code with the bartender to meet with the information dealer.
    Not everyone knows that there is a black market and how to get around in it. But lets say that they did, the MC changed his appearance before he went to the black market. No doubt the girl would have as well. So who do you follow exactly?

And Hunter might make bank, but they are only reserve Hunters. Even still, I doubt the regular Hunters would pay for that information. One of the top gold Hunters had a net worth of 30 billion. And he was a Royal. Paying 19 billion just to pass an a section of an exam that maybe even regular gold hunters couldn't afford is stupid.

2. LtBeefy

LtBeefy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don' forget that the examiner and previous examiner didn' expect anyone 2 pass this test. Previous examiner was like why did you do this test, no 1 will pass it.

3. gary0044187

gary0044187 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oddly enough, if noone passed, noone at that test would have been kidnapped by the badguys.

4. metazoxan

metazoxan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While that is the definition of a foothold it's not generally used for a city and also it's used with the intention of actively pushing forward. Given how these cities are being used the word Fortress, refuge, shelter, ect would be better fits. There is one word in particular that escapes me somehow that is perfect but whatever. The point is foothold is not a good fit. Even if it's technical definition works that's not generally how that term is used especially given how these cities are being treated.

But the point is royals should generally apply to specifically the ruling family not just every family of any level of influence or worth. Those are just common nobles and the distinction between royals and nobles is important as nobles just have status and money while royals have that and FAR more. So just calling everyone royals isn't a good translation.

PLus these are only two examples. Another problem is how they used the term "GoldFinger" someone in the comments had to explain that it's a term that more or less meant luck, fortune, or blessing. But it's a specifically chinese terms with no such meaning in english. Given the context that "Goldfinger" is used "blessing" or even "divine blessing" seems the most accurate translation. But they actually just left it as goldfinger as if a normal English speaker would EVER know WTF that is.

5. Salexe

Salexe [Procrastinator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Came here to complain. And spoilers, ofcourse.

Chapter 180.... what the fuck Lin Huang!!!! He summons his defensive monster and when that doesnt work he gives up.... WTF!! He can summon 4 at once. He still has Bai, Charcoal and that clown(did he get a name?) But he just gives up??? I understand there are some complications with showing them off but it would be better then to getting brainwashed by heretics.... but in the end it is plot armor that saves him not his own strength. Lazy writing from the author.

6. DITO8SHADOW

DITO8SHADOW Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well think of it this way, even if he survives:

Summoning Bai.......... the Purple Crows will come for him again, I mean getting kidnapped by incredibly powerful killers who are specificly after you, and who you tried to trick.....

Summoning Charcoal, a pureblood dragon hasn't been seen in 300 years from memory, and even sky dragons are quite rare, which will gather too much attention (remember all his secrets?)

Summoning the clown......... and when it is found out (as there would be a high chance, even higher considering who saves him) that he can tame a transcendent at the Immortal level (I think it was) when at the copper level......

Basically summoning any other of his strong summons is either very dangerous or downright stupid

7. LtBeefy

LtBeefy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cities does not imply any kind of defense. Foothold can. Fortress is usually more military and we know these places are civilian with protection. Refuge and shelter are even worse. I still think Footholds fulfills the meaning the best. It can imply both defense and civilian.

As for Goldfinger, yea that is a terrible term that should have not been used. Makes no sense in English. I can agree with you on that account.

8. DITO8SHADOW

DITO8SHADOW Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't quite remember but I think early on in the series (it may have been one of those things lost in translation this time that the previous translator emphasized or something) they mentioned that Footholds were the only way they could expand in the monster over-run world (I think they got down to a few cities, but again I can't remember) so it may be a fairly correct term depending on the way they were originally introduced

gary0044187 likes this.
  9. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    The translation on this is seriously getting worse and worse with them getting things like 'taught' wrong as 'thought' and various forms of past/present tense mixed up or 'including' - 'included'. etc. Seriously, these people are getting paid for this? Since when did we give jobs to five year olds.

Shadowdracul likes this.
  10. seaners23

seaners23 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I taught I saw a puddy tat!

injamambivu and elengee like this.
  11. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Now imagine the image going with it with an actual sawing in half. :blobwoah:

12. Shadowdracul

Shadowdracul Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He should at least change it in the information page. Misleading people

13. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    It's already being rushed through MTL, if they up it to 40 i don't think i'd be able to read it anymore. :blobwoah:
    issues like : 'he comes out with a solution' , i'm like huh was he in the closet?

14. gary0044187

Reading List:
    Link
    to be fair tenses are pretty hard for people who don't use them regularly.

15. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    That's the issue though, they're using people that aren't actually translators, just modifying MTL. Which would typically be fine for the hobby translation site where you're like thanks for the free read, now they're forced to put out chapters at a certain rate, which makes editing lag behind and it shows in the quality.
    The problem here is, it is no longer a hobby translation site but a site that's trying to make a profit and making me watch ads to read their content. (On my phone it's been ads up to 40 seconds long so far).
    Having to go through this every chapter just to get content that my 12 year old nephew could do better (not being a native English speaker by the way) is seriously a major downer.

It's great that they want to offer over 50 series at a fast rate, but only a handful are actually being 'translated' and edited decently. (immortal that focuses on sealing; WXW example 'Immortal Daoseal' , Qidian example 'Immortal Trap'. Not sure Immortal Traps are my thing.:facepalm:)

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  16. gary0044187

Reading List:
    Link
    Immortal traps are one step from Eternal BL. I know there are some that would love to read that, but not me.

elengee likes this.
  17. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i still don't know why his job is still being referred to as an 'imperial censor'
    i understand chinese and i don't know what combination of chinese characters would give rise to this mis-translation??

elengee likes this.
  18. DarkShadowScorch

DarkShadowScorch Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Immortal traps = immortal BL = eternal BL?
    Interesting thought process :hmm::blobsmirk:

19. Basara

Basara [Cat and co.] [Nyan] [Furry and Fluffy]

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh oh. They are targeting the MC's family? They must be insane! Don't they know what would happen? Don't they read novels? It would trigger the MC. And when an MC is triggered, a massacre happens.

20. gary0044187

Reading List:
    Link
    don't even need to trigger mc now, little brother is as powerful or more powerful than him.