Discussion Rant about NTR novel

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Hazery, Nov 28, 2017.

?

You hate all of the bias review as well?

1. Yes

38 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

19 vote(s)
    33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lenyek_penyek

lenyek_penyek Badass Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you even give review to a novel you don't read here?

Even if you can, that's a shitty thing to do. Like saying a product is bad by just looking at its packaging, not even using it to see how it works.

I don't do those kind of things, too lazy to write review too. But NTR though, is cancer. The downward spiral that follows after really breaks my heart. Maybe because I'm a man and easily empathise with the charafter.

BarriaKarl likes this.
  2. youseiki

youseiki 『Loves Glasses』

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't expect any good reviews right now due to people reading stupid novels, the influence is so great that they are too irredeemable to be educated, they use these stupid novels as their guides and bashes those good novels with decent writing. Seeing a lot of rants in intelligent novels, I already knew this people doesn't even an ounce of intelligence within them, I'm not even surprised that there's even an insulting reviews which directly trash talks people. I'm still fucking pissed with those insulting people who insults readers, they were given an opportunity to make reviews out of their subjective opinions but they've used it to insult people who are reading what they love. I would rather have a censorship on this site rather than letting this foolish readers who can't even discern good novels.

3. StuffedDuck

StuffedDuck Stuffed with Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    What else do you expect?:hmm:

And is that review objective or subjective?

Reviews are biased, even if reviewers think they did 'judge' objectively ...

4. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    I like Rachel as a character. Many of the fans hate her but, IMO, she's a very interesting character. I call ToG "Chasing Rachel" lol. Baam didn't even want to go up the tower, he just went inside to chase his only friend.

5. Hazery

Hazery Missing Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what you say completely contradicting itself...

I like NTR because reading it can make you feel a surge of emotion reading it, you can really feel what the character feel when he/she got cheated from behind, not like those series where you just feel a satisfaction reading it like every xianxia mass murder psycopath or jap harem series...

6. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone fix the description of the novel. It's too short

7. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    If we do a psychological analysis on some stories, we will discover many authors are crazy

8. lenyek_penyek

lenyek_penyek Badass Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Theres no contradiction in my statement.

Do you really want to feel heartbroken like the character you're reading? Fuck that. I'm by no means a masochist.

But if you like it, I'm not going to hate you or anything. Feel free to enjoy things you like.

9. igiveup

igiveup a good boy

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes I like her too. I like her the most in fact, all the other characters tend too be edgy, arrogant, spoilt, lacking in wisdom. Rachel is the only one who seems too know anything.

I also like the idea of a weakass maid girl struggling trying too climb the tower intended solely for privileged blessed by heaven elites. Makes the S in me awaken.

I would prefer a night with her, more than the likes of Yuri & Androssi at least, who have tons of token alternatives.

Gitami and readerz like this.
  10. BarriaKarl

BarriaKarl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First, anyone who likes NTR is a psycho. The bad kind of psycho. Saying you like it because it makes you feel something is like saying you like cutting yourself because it makes you feel something. It is just bad. I read some really weird stuff and some people might also call me a psycho (the good kind of course) but NTR is just a no-no. There should be a limit for everything.

Second, if you want thruthful reviews you should check the 3-stars ones. 5 are the ones made by fanboys who are blind and think the novel is the best thing ever since sliced bread. 1 starts are haters. 4 and 2 are grey zones so you may or may not find good reviews there.

11. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    People just don't like her because of the protagonist-centered morality. Imagine if the story was told through her POV.

Summary:

A weak girl was abused all her life. The only thing that kept her going was her dream of one day seeing the stars. She enters the Tower of God but, sadly, the role of "Chosen One" was given to her best friend. With next to no physical strength or magical talent, she must use her brains and ally with many different, colorful characters of dubious morality. Join this ordinary girl as she schemes her way up the Tower of God, using and discarding both friends and foes.

:aww:

Akashura and Gitami like this.
  12. SilverJoker

SilverJoker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tower of God is dead to me, the pace is even slower than light novels

readerz likes this.
  13. SummerX

SummerX Well-known fujoshi

Reading List:
    Link
    I love BL NTR novels!! With harem!!

14. Hazery

Hazery Missing Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you sure about that?
    Here's a website with an NTR/cheating novel as a main theme http://unrelentingcruelty.wordpress.com (my favorite website). You can see all the comment encouraging the author and praise him for the story and you won't see a teenager or children saying they hate NTR, just adult who enjoy the story... And you say people who like NTR is a psycho? Get real jeez...

Oh yeah, also NTR = Cheating, get used to it.

15. Xappy

Xappy Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When did hjc have ntr?which chapter?
    I can't believe I missed it, must have skimmed through it

16. Xappy

Xappy Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's not the point, for example, if I hate harem novels, then go to the pages of the harem novels in NU then give them 1 stars saying that cuz I hate harems is okay by your logic

17. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well NTR is not for anyone, I sincerely don't enjoy it in novels, manga then the story is completely diferent. My motto is if something is not of your liking don't go there.

Akashura likes this.
  18. Fluffums

Fluffums 【R-18 Researcher】【Seeker of Moe】

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't say it's okay. I just said that no one here can stop you from doing it. :blobexpressionless: That's why a smart reader shouldn't worry about ratings.

19. Mahou-nii-sama

Mahou-nii-sama Ultimate Cannon Fodder

Reading List:
    Link
    I hate harem but you don't see me giving them 1 star. I just avoid them like the plague.

Kinda weird, maybe, I dislike harem but I've never been bothered with ntr. (or I just never bothered reading one. But the 'ntr' in boku dake, that, yeah fuck that.) Or maybe, it's just that NTR never really made sense for me. Since I believe nobody ever gets 'stolen' from someone. They just choose to leave and be with someone not the MC.

20. Fluffums

Fluffums 【R-18 Researcher】【Seeker of Moe】

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooh, lemme teach you the meaning of NTR! :aww:
    It isn't cheating, and it isn't breaking up with your lover to go out with someone you met later but like more.
    It's where the girl (or guy I guess) is coerced to be with someone other than her lover. Be it rape, blackmail, drugs, misunderstanding, magic... the girl doesn't have a choice at the beginning. Then there's some combination of guilt towards the original lover, stockholm syndrome, and rejection from the original lover, so the girl goes along with the new guy.

There are some variations, like the girl becoming a slut instead, or the original lover leaving her once he finds out about the rape even though she still loves him, or sometimes there's never a choice because of mind manipulation, but that's basically how it works.

So, sure, maybe she "chooses" to leave... just like Richard Nixon "chose" to resign from office after Watergate...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.