Discussion benefits of reading a Chinese novel in real life

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by MengHaoDS, Nov 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    My face became noticeably thicker, my eyes can see clearer.
    And I learned that a lot of people you know might get reincarnated from the future!

readerz and MengHaoDS like this.
  2. BarriaKarl

BarriaKarl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think "resisting seduction" was bad wording but yeah, i also think my resistence to beautyful women has gone up after reading about kingdom toppling beauties with skin as smooth as jade for hundreds of times.

I was never stupid to be played around by girls but i can totally ignore them if all they got is a pretty body. Admitedlly i will bone them if i can but now i kinda think pretty girls are as common as cabbages so they are no big deal...

MengHaoDS and readerz like this.
  3. DarkShadowScorch

DarkShadowScorch Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean it helps with learning Chinese culture/idioms from a reader's perspective.
    From a translator's perspective, its beneficial to both English and Chinese skills since you're working with both interchangeably.
    From a reader of the Chinese version (not translated raws), it helps with my Chinese skills, analytical skills and comprehension since I actually have to read each word rather than speed through like I do in English.

Going off the previous replies, the above things I learned isn't exactly what you're asking... so RIP I guess?

MengHaoDS likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.