Quick novel idea that anyone can use but please ask me first

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Mnotia, Nov 28, 2017.

?

Should I continue writing this

1. YEAH BOOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

40.0%
  2. Logoff of life you degenerate

60.0%
  1. igiveup

igiveup a good boy

Reading List:
    Link
    Well if i read an intro like that I'd probably continue reading it, even it was on RRL - I struggle 2 read RRL novels due 2 discrimination.

Most value is the hook idea.

P5 style, throw MC in jail, cause shit 2 happen. Reader would be 2 curious not too continue reading.

2. LOTRfreak101

LOTRfreak101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really like this idea. It seems to be somewhat similar to The First Hunter, but I think it has more potential to be interesting to me personally as it may be somewhat less dark. also, while I know a lot of novels use a scaling level of F-A then S, That never really seems to have a decent enough scaling to me. it would indicate a massive difficulty level raise between each rank so unless the ranks are then subdivided into other categories (such as C--, C-, C, C+, C++ where a C-- or more or less the same as a D++), or there is some way to measure the growth of people in each rank (Such as in Sovereign of Judgement with retribution points) then the leveling system may seem a little lacking. Although I suppose it would be completely reasonable for people to be unable to identify each little growth as it seems you don't want people to be able to see their growth from something like a status menu (which is pretty much the biggest cliche in any apocalyptic/isekai novel).

tl;dr novel ideas seems really good just be care with the growth method of humanity. plan it all out first then write around it.

3. BarriaKarl

BarriaKarl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I say f*ck you for being such a tease and ending the story just as it got good. That is a good sign, i was absorbed in it. That makes it a even bigger dick move so f*ck you again...

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  4. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    Tehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe ill give you another tidbit of a different story

5. Glint

Glint 『Waifu』

Reading List:
    Link
    I have no life so I just read a lot. Do me a favor and start writing so I have one more to read.

P.S. Im a filthy "free" reader

GLHF!

6. gggo

gggo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i'm not really a big fan of dystopian worlds. i'm more of the character building vs. world building.
    just also, please, don't use the word "eschatology" without fully understanding its meaning.

7. Drunk Moon Resident Scholar

Drunk Moon Resident Scholar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I had to stop reading the summary when you said eschatology because no. That isn't a thing you can use like that.

Okay, went back and read the rest. It's okay I guess; interested in who framed him at least and why since it seems like a lot of effort. Vaguely worried that MC is gonna turn out to be some martial master or something though.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  8. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Seriously? I actually have a feeling that people on NU don't read original novels. I receive harsher criticism in RRL than NU. Actually I receive no criticism on NU.

BTW, OP, there is a Japanese novel based on an idea like this. Not the prisoner thing, though. The story goes the girl went to sleep and when she woke up several days later (probably due to illness, I don't remember) she found out that society has collapsed and there are monsters from legends roaming Japan. It has some similarity with your gates thing that your idea instantly reminded me of that story.

9. EnerHighwave

EnerHighwave Holy Daugther of Kyuu 8❤️ Speedy's pet Lovely's ❤️

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe you can make it so it first happened in unpopulated areas for about a year and the frequency of it appearing slightly increased overtime the it began to happen in less populated areas with almost no time until it was to late for an appropriate response explaining why prisoners are kept as it is. Also you could use the excuse that the government kept the most dangerous criminals under arrest so they couldn't strengthen endangering even more the population. The less dangerous were used as cannon folder with some becoming strong enough to become the vanguard and gaining especial treatment but still under vigilance, of course the soldiers were also becoming strong(this is very important, please don't make it so that the soldiers are useless like in other stories where all is left to the mc)
    The part of the hiker you can make it so it was like a fake and ppl didn't believe it .
    The part of why he was on prison seems off, is better to think of another reason.
    In my opinion it has potential if is polished here and there, but if you want write it only you are stopping yourself from doing it

10. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think most people would feel interested in using the story ideas of other people... I mean, pretty much all writers have tons of story ideas on their heads already...