LCD Global Evolution

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Okuri Ookami, May 23, 2016.

1. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    Link to Novel Updates series page.

It seems like a new spin on the apocalypse genre that we're used to on NUF. I don't see any game elements just yet but I'm thinking after this lil fever gets over and done with he wont be used to the new him. The world has yet to show its real potential especially with humans. The animals are just wildly aggressive and the none humanoid things are experiencing an unprecedented growth and evolution, such is the case with the bacterial infection with the MC.

Anyone else hoping for symbiotic suits made from the evolution of bacteria at this point? I mean its obvious that humans are the only ones not experiencing anything towards evolution so an outside factor such as a symbiote must be the solution right?

I'm actually really looking forward to how this world develops. A RPG like element wouldn't really fit it but I wouldn't be hella disappointed if the author chose to go that road either.

The story seems to be focusing heavily on the world building for the first 9 chapters at least.The character development is a little lacking at this point but again its only been 9 chapters TL'd. The MC has experienced a few different personality changes and I can't put my finger on his true self, I'm guessing he's not going to stray to far from generic though.

The Author killed off the parents to quickly, even though in all honesty whether they are dead or alive right now is a complete mystery but we know the father is heavily injured. Besides the nagging mom they really didn't get much of an appearance and the other parents haven't really shown any depth. With that being said, I'm a little disappointed that the author killed off the fat mother for no reason at all. She seemed to be the only parent with an original personality. I expected her to be a constant nag and instigator for future chapters but now all that's left is her son's anger and rage (with no apparent outlet) towards the monster that killed her...

Really looking forward to the development of this story, seems unique and hope it stays that way.

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2016
    Panda Hug likes this.
  2. koog008

koog008 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i just hope something happens where they can strengthen themselves.. it can be mutation, evolution, etc. If its just a plain apocalypse with using your intelligence i wont bother readin

Okuri Ookami likes this.
  3. Geor

Geor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know about the suit idea, but I am pretty sure this bacteria will cause changes to the MC if the author doesn't kill him off from it. I would also like to point out that the son of the Fat nag was acting a little squirrely and was pointed out like that before the MC got all weak. So there might be way more then we are seeing at work yet, like that red fog affecting people in the negative killing way like everything else. I mean most of these web novels don't really start to get "good" until around chapter 20 to 40 any way and I usually wait until the translators hit around 20 chapters to do more then check them out and see if they keep going until that point, so this is a first for me reading one of these this early. I mean look at Noodeltown site and the other "test" story they released with GE is already listed under dropped. From what I can tell though I think they will keep this one, and honestly I can't wait to see what happens as it has a very interesting concept that is slightly different so far from other apocalyptic world enders.

4. Frobon

Frobon Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah.. it's given that bacteria would make humans evolve/mutate like plants and animals too. Let's see what kind of power up he will get I hope it's something unique and interesting.

Okuri Ookami likes this.
  5. Lantyne

Lantyne [Apathetic Syndrome Stage 5] [Incurable] [Doom]

Reading List:
    Link
    Im looking forward to this too! Though this is not the first non zombie or disaster apocalyptic story ive read i had high hopes.

Just praying that the story wont spiral down to harem or sudden emergence of tens of beauties out of nowhere and faction war whatever entails that mostly ruin the whole thing.

Every hero should be Anti-hero in survival story!

Give me Gore! More blood! Evolution!

Be like ISSTH, more story less romance. A sprinkle in between would be fine.

Okuri Ookami likes this.
  6. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    Using your own intelligence to survive isn't bad but your right, after the fog clears up there is no way in hell intelligence can out beat hordes and hordes of out of control beast, plant life, and even germs that are 10x larger and 1000x aggressive. It'd be too silly to even hope for the author to make ordinary humans cope with that type of world.

I'm just a fan of symbiotic suits and plus how many different ways can a bacteria help you? For me it evolving into a symbiotic parasite is the first thing that comes to mind. Its not like a bacteria is willing to die just to change the layout of your body...

I highly doubt that he had any involvement with his mothers death as he was talking with the MC (to check on his health) when they all heard her scream. I don't know what you mean by he was 'acting a little squirrely' Peng was an apocalypse freak and opted to stay with the MC first in order to make sure he would be ok.

Psychic abilities wouldn't hurt by any means with me, but other than his body being forced to eradicate the bacteria while adapting to the red mist then killing and absorbing the bacteria I don't see how the bacteria would be beneficial. Like I stated I don't see bacteria sacrificing itself to make the host better unless it has a way to survive and evolve too. Thus my idea for symbiotic suits... but sadly these kinds of thoughts are purely self indulgent fantasies as no one likes these suits anymore.

Frobon likes this.
  7. Danis

Danis {(Harem Sect Leader)}{Trickster}&{Lurker}

Reading List:
    Link
    All i want is moar harem and romance;)

8. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    Good Lord NO! Please no harem, I'm good with romance as every story needs it but harems never have any depth in their emotions its just he's a good male why don't we just all be attracted to him for no reason at all or just minor reasons....If its a 3 girl harem with a main girl he's attracted to I wont mind but 4 is the limit and he can't be an total unaware idiot like in that annoying as hell Japanese trope.

9. Frobon

Frobon Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Your right. So far the red mist has not provided any beneficial effects to humans, unlike plants or animal which is strange. Here I was thinking everyone would undergo mutation at some point. Now unless some special circumstances met they won't become someone special this happens a lot in the apocalypse with their normal humans/ one with special abilities. I hope this is not the case here or it would give hero like vibe. Just becoming physically strong won't be fun unless the author does something creative with the story. Psychic ones might seem unreal but if author handles it well then it could be fun as well.

Okuri Ookami likes this.
  10. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I did have a random thought a while back when replying to your post, what if the author considers humans to be at a more complex level of evolution than animals and the red mist is takin a longer time affecting them? In that case the effects would take a way longer time to manifest and the MC being cut and infected with bacteria gave the mist an 'in' so to speak. This is probably why he hasn't died from the 42 degree C fever. His body is adapting and reinforcing itself faster than the bacteria can harm him.

If that is the case not only will he be one of the earliest people manifesting evolutional traits he could maybe reap some benefits by his body being tempered by the bacteria's assault upon his body as he undergoes his evolution.

Frobon likes this.
  11. Danis

Danis {(Harem Sect Leader)}{Trickster}&{Lurker}

Reading List:
    Link
    No harem no life and yes 4 girl is enough for me ;)

12. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    A harem is just a bunch of girl friends these days. If you want true romance its all about Polygamy! No sister-wives no life!

13. ZhaWarudo

ZhaWarudo TOKI WO TOMARE!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    wtf why did he keep his father's fingers and even wants to string them on a necklace

14. crazyboy1200

crazyboy1200 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A momentum. He doesn't know whether his father is dead or not. It's something that will keep him going through hard times when he is doing something dangerous. Nothing wrong with that. He is looking for his parents after all. Still, i'm surprised that they the author killed Tao off so quickly.

15. ZhaWarudo

Reading List:
    Link
    kk momentum, but are you saying most people would do so? It's creepy to me

16. crazyboy1200

crazyboy1200 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    People would wear animal teeth on their neck. Boars, snakes, bears and etc....

Some are momentum too. I don't find it that creepy.

17. ZhaWarudo

Reading List:
    Link
    You're comparing a fang necklace which is cool with human parts necklace? XD

18. nikomaru

nikomaru 「Will of the Newtype」「NullPointerException」

Reading List:
    Link
    i bet you never seen shrinked human head thingy

19. ZhaWarudo

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not 10, ofc I've seen it, are you saying that having human skulls is normal and voodoo? Gosh why am I even replying

20. Sordahon

Sordahon 『One Person Virtue Is Another One Sin』

Reading List:
    Link
    Shit just got real, a talking tree, I hope it has enough brains.

Gadget likes this.