Spoiler The Cry of the Phoenix Which Reached the Ninth Heaven

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by RebirthofNovel, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Wulin

Wulin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What will happen after the most recent translated chapter released? And I want know more about the ML's friend, YN I think.

2. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Is YN the one that MC will scam all his treasures away?

3. Aris12

Aris12 Cold Ruthless Devil Loli

Reading List:
    Link
    Why are there is no new update? Are this novel drop

4. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
  5. xyxy6409

xyxy6409 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did she ever tell YJQ that she's Mo Xin ?

6. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know what's emperor deal with that evil eunuch An Bingshan? Why he's always leave his bed before 6am since an bingshan become his trusted aide? And what's happened to Liu Xing? Why he's dead? How MW reaction to that, since she's promised Ting Yue and Liu Xing that no one can hurt both of them because she will protect them?

7. minhchau1997

minhchau1997 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I finished this novel a while ago MTL/audiobook so it might not be accurate....and this reply is really late but just in case anyone still had questions...

So An Bingshan tells the Emperor that he has a method for longevity and the Emperor believes it. That's also the reason why he leaves the bed early in the morning. It's also why An Bingshan became the emperor's aid.

If it's her servant, then he was killed by another female character. She was not introduced yet, but he was guarding MW's home. When MW left the palace, she left Liu Xing to watch over the home and the female char wanted to look around but Liu Xing didn't let her. The female lead killed him off. MW was really sad though and I believe she fainted the moment she heard of his death? But she was really depressed and sad

Aeiru28 and morticia_addams like this.
  8. minhchau1997

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay so our female leads a looooot of admirers, I'll give a quick bio on them, but I forgot the names since it's been a while.
    #1 There's a prince hostage that lives in the palace. I believe someone hoped he would die or stay as a hostage so he can't return. But our MC helped him return to his own country and he later becomes king.
    #2 There's also the prince that could be considered her rival before she died. He liked YMX and thought it was a pity that she died because he felt like they were similar. He later falls in love with MC again after she gets reborn.
    #3 There's also the leader of the bandits who ends up falling in love with the MC.
    #4 This guy is mysterious, he doesn't show up towards the end of the novel. He's very special, I would say, if YJQ didn't exist he would be considered our male lead. I'll call him the second lead but I like him a lot. (Side note: Someone called him a priest earlier QQ)

morticia_addams and Jiye like this.
  9. Jiye

Jiye Not Available

Reading List:
    Link
    Mhmm, thank you! <3
    Can you tell me more about the #4 guy? Does he just appears for a short time or? Also the #2?

10. minhchau1997

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone explained this one in a earlier post, but I'll put more details that I remember... (CH553)
    Someone explained this one in a earlier post, but YHY tells YJQ during a confrontation. Our MX denies it and she wasn't sure how YJQ was going to react. She was planning on taking this secret to her grave and wasn't going to tell anyone. But she was worried about how YJQ might react, or maybe he would think she's a demoness or something. One of YHY's arguments was "do you really think a mentally-challenged girl can become smart overnight? The only explanation would be that she is YMX." It stated that YJQ believed YHY for a second. But MX got upset at YJQ over the incident and she was like "You would believe YHY but you won't believe I became smart overnight?" "What? Do you want to ask if I'm Yao Mo Xin or Yao Mo Wan?" and she walked off.

I went back into the story to look up the details I forgot for yall. Your welcome, lol jk ^^
    For me? Yes. I think he believes she's YMX but he doesn't probe if she doesn't want to tell him. But at this point it doesn't matter because he realized that he once loved YMX and now the person he loves is YMW. Even if YMX came back into his life, he realized he only loves YMW.

Scene (CH556) where Ye Nan Shen talked to YJQ over the issue later on.
    YNS said "so I heard you believed YHY's provocation and asked YMW if she's YMX?" and "maybe she was pissed at you because you became suspicious/doubted of her". Afterwards he told YJQ even if there's reincarnation it's a good thing, if she's YMX because it means you loved the same women. If she's not then I'm sure YMX would understand why you fell in love with YMW after you went through many difficulties and obstacles together. YJQ also realized that point "Who cares who she is? The most important thing is that I love her regardless of her identity"

I don't think this topic comes up again later on in the novel. Or it was really brief.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    Jiye likes this.
  11. minhchau1997

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest, I love all of them, and they have decent amount of screen time in the novels.
    So the 1st prince's mother died giving birth to his younger brother. His father hates his younger brother because of this, but the 1st prince protects and loves the younger prince a lot. Our MC will meet the younger prince and they bond like mother and son. The 1st prince would be suspicious of our MC but eventually they reach a common ground. I feel like the 1st prince and our MC always bickers a lot, they try to get an advantages like money/power/transactions from each other, but usually it's a tie or our MC wins. This 1st prince is scheming, two-faced, sinister guy from our MC's POV. There's an arc where they got "fake" married because of a plot, but the 1st prince lets our MC go because he knows she only loves YJQ.

This guy is really really special. He appears mysteriously towards the end of the novel, but we find out that he's from a hidden country. This hidden country used to be connected to the the Mainland but because of erosion, the pathway to the country disappeared and the country was also forgotten. They aren't really poor like what someone else said. But their currency only works within their country because they don't "exist", like paper money. Moving on...
    Guy #4 was adopted by this patriarch/grand adviser as a baby. He grew up in this country, and so he may seem like a villain but he's patriotic. This guy is a typical cold-hearted i-dont-care-about-girls type of guy. He slowly falls in love with our MC but throughout the book he's always justifying his actions. He also makes a lot of exceptions for our MC that he usually doesn't tolerate.
    Examples:
    He would protect her "we need her alive for our plan"
    He kisses her "I needed to feed her the medicine" >w>
    Guy #4 kidnaps our MC for their country's motive and they bond a lot during the time she lost her memories. After our MC regains her memories she hates him for making her lose her memories, but she also appreciates all the times he protected her and everything he's done for her. But he eventually loves her enough to protect the people that she wants to protect. In the beginning his life's goal was to serve the country, but he ended up even going against the plans to protect her.

12. Damia

Damia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to know does YJQ ever feel jealous with MC's admirers?Can someone spoil me pleasse:blobmelt::blobmelt:

13. minhchau1997

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes! To be fair they both get jealous at least once! But since they're not dating they can't go up to their competitors like "Yo he/she's mine, back off!" They're so passive.

So there was a plot that forced the MC to get married to the Crown Prince of another country. She agrees to play along with the Crown Prince to not alert the enemies and she planned to make the plan backfire. The MC decided she wanted to hide the matter from YJQ. Why? She a dumdum, I think it was because she wanted him to love someone else, but she ended up concluding it was because she didn't trust him enough. So YJQ comes after the MC and tells her not to marry someone else. There's other times where he gets upset about his competitors but I think this is one of the most obvious one and the one where he actually does something.
    This was actually my favorite scene out of the arc, why? Me dunno either.
    But the MC has a subordinate who is really good at face disguise. And so the MC got her subordinate to pretend to be her. ALL OF HER SUITORS SHOWED UP! Everyone showed up the night before her "wedding" to convince her not to get married. But they managed to differentiate the MC and the "fake" and so the subordinate told them the plan and they left the wedding.

Here comes our poor YJQ. He shows up and hugs the "fake" MC immediately and tells her not to get married blahblah. He pretty much confessed to the wrong person... The "fake" MC get upset at YJQ and yelled at him because he couldn't see the difference between the real and fake MC. He leaves but eventually tells himself that he realized it was because he was so anxious the MC was getting married that he couldn't think straight or look at the situation properly, and it wasn't because he really couldn't tell the difference

This one was so dramatic... YJQ & our MC went to another country to make an alliance. The princess liked YJQ at first sight and placed this Gu into his body that will make him fall in love with her. The King found out what his daughter did and told our MC that she cannot stop YJQ from loving the princess, if he ends up falling in love with the princess. And here comes our selfless in-denial dumdum MC, she says yes.

YJQ didn't like the princess in the beginning. But because of the Gu, he slowly likes the princess and becomes mean to our MC. He even says that he's the MC's puppet which had no real power and does what ever the MC wants. The MC remembers her ex husband and gets really hurt, it was like a climax scene in the entire arc, I was hurt too! This whoooooole time YJQ was with the princess, our MC was jealous and hurting but she didn't do anything to stop it. And the Gu made him get really protective of the princess, and at one point he yelled at our MC thinking she bullied the princess or something. But from the way it was written, I was like, our MC is so jealous!! Do something!!! She didn't do anything.

The arc ends with YJQ going into a coma. Apparently his love overcame the Gu to the point where he would rather die than completely submit to the Gu and love the princess. And I was like "yea, why didn't that happen sooner!!!!", but we need more drama. Am I right?

morticia_addams likes this.
  14. Aisha Ann

Aisha Ann I LOVE SELFISH VILLAINESS

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you
    I am going to drop this novel. At first I was hooked because of mc and her revenge. Now because of stupid ml, I will drop it. He is so stupid and dumb to me who can't protected love one or himself, how can he deserved well, intelligent, cunning mc.
    He should confess mc, perhep neither them get jealous

shouahang58 likes this.
  15. morticia_addams

morticia_addams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened to the princess at the end

16. minhchau1997

Reading List:
    Link
    So from my previous post, she fell in love with him at first sight and gave him a Gu that used her blood. I believe, if you use your blood, it means you devote yourself to that one person for your entire life, therefore, you will never fall in love with anyone else again.

YJQ overcame the Gu eventually and was left all by herself towards the end of the arc. They gave her a chance to pick, let him die to the Gu or remove the Gu and he will forget about the princess. She picked the latter which makes her a bit selfless. And she ends up leaving quietly towards the end.

We will see her again though...
    The princess ended up becoming a nun. But our MC and our ML was running for their lives and they were saved by someone. Apparently the princess's Gu (worm thing) instinctively told her that YJQ was nearby so she sent her bodyguard to go find him. Her bodyguard manages to save them in the nick of time. And our MC asked the princess for a favor, to use her bodyguard to send a letter to someone asap. The princess agrees.

But the killer ends up finding the temple, and attempted to kill our MC. The princess throws herself in front of the MC because she didn't want YJQ to be sad. When this happens, the princess's bodyguard rushes back just to see the princess die. The bodyguard blames the MC because the princess wouldn't had died if the bodyguard didn't send the letter (technically true). So the princess dies. The princess's dad (the king) tries to avenge her and causes another arc later on.

It was also a bit ironic because there were two people watching the MC and would have saved her if she was about to die. But because the princess jumped in, they just kept watching as bystanders.

morticia_addams likes this.
  17. minhchau1997

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahaha! I agree throughout the story he's a bit dense, hot-headed, and stupid. I feel like the book described him as someone really strong. But throughout the novel he's a fighter while our MC uses her brains. Although the book describes him as strong, they introduce characters that is STRONGER and pretty much makes our ML looks weak. I was hooked from the beginning, took a break, and then finished it up for the ending. I liked it, but maybe not enough to read/listen to the book all over again! Hopefully it gets completely translated eventually though :)

18. Coffea to Ell

Coffea to Ell 【❀ Sleepy Bunny ❀】

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks for the spoilers :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:
    i still don't understand why MC choose to be the emperor concubine than find another way justabotscary

19. minhchau1997

Reading List:
    Link
    It's been a while! But I think it was circumstances, she felt like there were benefits going undercover next to the emperor. She could gain information from him, and destroy the government from within.

Things she did for example:
    - she planted suspicions on the emperor's loyal aids because she knows he doesn't fully trust anyone. So she manages to pull patriotic officials to side with YJQ during the revolt
    - she prevented the emperor from killing YJQ
    - When she was Yao Mo Xin, she knew the emperor didn't trust her. So she pretended she was psychic and used this plum blossom garden (?) as a medium. YMX used it to tell the emperor of disloyal officials where she couldn't get evidence on their crimes. When she reincarnated, she told the emperor "my older sister told me how to read the signs!" And it's ironic, because she used it to get rid of his loyal officials now.

Overall, I think she felt like her biological father sided with her evil half sister. And no one would protect her in her old home. She didn't have money or anything attached to her name. At that point she only wanted revenge, and so she didn't care about the method. Plus, she was his wife before, and so I guess she felt like she had nothing to lose. A lot of people don't agree with her actions though! This ended up getting adapted into a drama and they changed it up. (so I guess some people would prefer that one).

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
  20. AllthingsAsian

AllthingsAsian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just got to around 69 volume 3 in the raws and I realized that I was pretty much fed up of how the story was progressing. The male lead was supposed to be a strong guy with this military prowess and because he has some sort of military process all readers should assume that he is strategic and smart, yet what we see him as is- this guy who's dumb, can't protect himself, can't protect others and doesn't see through simple schemes, not to mention he is extremely gullible? Not much improvement on significant other selection by the FL... Seriously...
    My last straw was probably him ignoring Ben Lei's words about Mowan being endangered and him prancing off to meet Yu Funing... It was also the fact that when she was injured he still acknowledged that he was useless and he hasn't really done anything to make up for that, I feel like it's just going to be extremely repetitive during this entire story and I don't like novels that I like that and I didn't expect it to turn out this way because the writing isn't terrible but the plot itself? Gone to the dogs!
    But as I've decided not to read further, i have a few questions!
    (N.B I also have a few gripes with the female lead but they aren't as big as the ones that I have with the male lead; mainly the fact that she keeps shamelessly taking from Yan Nansheng while knowing this stuff is priceless, yet always makes comments in her mind about how he's being petty about simple things... when she does know that they have immeasurable value. It just makes no sense to me and I do find it's pretty advantageous of her to do that)
    1) What's the deal with this 'evil concubine' which is translated in the raws to Baby Oriole? From one of the poorly translated titles of future chapters near to where I stopped it spoke about "she is his sister" so my automatic assumption, is that she could be Yan Nansheng's sister? And what happens to her.
    2) What happens to Chu Moxin and Zhe'er? Does Chu Moxin ever fully face how terrible his brother is?
    3) Will Chu Mobei ever repent for his actions and acknowledge that the female lead isn't a person he has to kill?
    4) When and how does FL abandon all pretenses and facades with Ye Hongyi?
    5) What's the turn out for Ting Yue and Yin Xue? I also wanted to know if Yin Xiong ever defects from Chu Mobei, because he did seem to feel remorse over exploiting his sibling relationship with Yin Xue and sincerely doubt his own decisions.
    6) Does FL ever visit Shu/Chu and scold the King on how he treats his son (Chu Moxin)?

Thank you in advance for answering my questions. I really didn't think the story would end up the way it did because I was very pleased with how it started out, and I clearly remembered reading the story when it first started being translated and couldn't remember why I dropped it, and so i assumed that I dropped it because of something relating to the updates.
    Not to mention I always try to make sure there's no harm tag or reverse harem tag and that they don't have too many chapters (aka 3k or smthn! I rarely read stories with over 2k chaps because they usually are terrible, sadly this one had 6 hundred and smthn and it disappointed...).
    I guess I'm even more disappointed by the story due to me thinking the female lead and her story seemed a little bit like Li Weiyang's but I'm really sorry for ever thinking that because Li Weiyang/Weiyoung is written really well and both the FL and ML are competent... Unlike here where it's only the FL being competent to some extent.
    All in all I'd rate the story a four out of 10.