LCD The Amber Sword

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Yuki, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, she's apparently the only one able to handle the economy of the territory. She also just established contact with the dwarf who will probably be their head architect.

2. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so what happens to freya after he dumps her?

3. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I assume the first challenge just gives you the right to leave, and each subsequent one gives you an opportunity to free someone, but how many do you need to get the sword? I sincerely doubt that it's only two since that bar would be far too low and it would mean Kodan would get the sword instead of Brendel.

I wonder if his fiance and the dwarf will show up and be the ones to rescue the kids, or if the kids will bribe Brendel with the thing they found.

4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    This choice would have more meaning if he wasn't going to wind up rescuing them all anyway. I wonder how many challenges he'll wind up completing.

5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sure he'll be happy to have the fire lizards later, though he is right that he needs more land.

That aside, I wonder how that land qualifies as a common card.

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I really don't see how four people of a similar skill level to himself counts as a single worthy opponent. I sincerely doubt that they'll take turns fighting him after all.

I wonder why Cohen didn't speak up after the first time Brendel didn't rescue someone. It was his best chance for survival if we ignore the plot armor that will protect him until such time as he gives the MC his powerup.

7. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    The lizards seem to have a strong dragon bloodline. If he gives them an experience card like the one he gave the wizard they'd probably become super powerful.

8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Possible, though even if that's not true, they'd still be useful in army battles. Well, assuming there are enough of them in that card. Even if not, there's plenty of uses for a small group of utterly loyal soldiers that can't permanently die, especially when you're a landed noble.

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder how Romain will defeat the cerberus if she winds up going into the arena. Brendel can't rescue her from the cages anymore after all.

10. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    He might be able to rechallenge. Or pause his challenge.

11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, maybe. It doesn't really seem likely for meta reasons though. Honestly, I think the odds of her actually beating it somehow are higher. That, or the arena no longer insisting on people participating once the sword is taken.

12. Thewishmaker

Thewishmaker 『Jirachi』『Nefasdet's Servant』『NUF 1st Duke House』

Reading List:
    Link
    First time in a really long time that I have been genuinely excited by a sword fight in a LN.

13. Viator

Viator [Cult of Pyoo: Pyoo's Oak Tree]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm grateful that our good translator was kind and did not choose to leave us hanging off a cliff. Although I am anxious to see what comes next. I do hope their future art exploits go well.

Wowafay likes this.
  14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Was it ever explained why he can't use the swordsmanship he used in the game? Honestly, I could have sworn that he had used it against that undead general.

15. Neiri

Neiri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cause they have no souls? He is a Planeswalker?

16. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure what exactly you're referring to, but I'll give my best approximation of an answer: Lack of skill correction? Get the skill, and he immediately gains a certain degree of mastery. Without it, he has to rely on his own understanding of swordsmanship. Perhaps in the beginning, he wouldn't be able to do anything, but as we're currently seeing in these recent chapters, he's begun melding together the characteristics of the sword styles he's learned through skills through his own comprehensions of them.

It's not the system giving him the ability to perform these techniques now, but his own innate mastery of swordsmanship. So perhaps a similar effect took place against the undead general with him reaching some zen-like state due to the danger of the situation? I'm not really sure about the specifics of what happened back then, though. Maybe that was even the first time the Guardian Spirit of his came to his rescue? She did say that this is currently the second time she's come to his aid. Not sure when the first was, though.

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    He's supposed to have spent more than a century playing that game, using the various sword arts. Even without system correction, he should be able to use them. The fact that he was being limited to modifying the ones he'd "learned" since transmigrating is what I was referring to.

18. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Perhaps skills give certain bonuses. Like using a sword style that he has level 5 in would give +10% attack speed and power. If that's the case then using styles he has a skill for is simply more efficient.
    iirc I think he was contemplating that he shouldn't have made it past those zombies in the beginning of the story so it was probably that.

19. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I assume you either mean a century passed by in-game when he was playing it or that he played the game for over a decade.

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I meant more than a century from his personal perspective due to the time dilation of the VRMMO. I don't remember what the exact ratio was, just that his total game time was over a 100 years. A more accurate accounting is likely in the first chapter.