Novel Transmigrator meets Reincarnator II

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by Regalia1896, Sep 19, 2017.

?

Should I add Transmigrator meets Reincarnator 2 to my Wattpad account?

Poll closed Apr 16, 2018.
  1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. IDK (you do you boo)

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Regalia1896

Regalia1896 Lady Sagittarius of the Moonlight Procrastinators

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey all! My birthday is on Monday, so expect a double chapter gift from me on that day! Still going to update on Saturday too.:blob_pompom::blob_pompom::blob_pompom::blobwhistle::blob_pompom:

kurousagi4242, Rurin and miragine like this.
  2. Regalia1896

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 8| The Unoriginal 1-Star Screenplay; Lady Wei wants to Play?

Xia Meixiang and Gu Zhulin both looked over to see two new faces approaching. Leading was Xia Ling-Er, her faerie-like countenance all the more irritating to Xia Meixiang, who had just had to deal with an annoying situation already.

“Third Younger Sister.” Xia Meixiang curtly replied.

Behind her cousin was another irritating face- Wei Qi Qi, the Second Young Miss of the Wei Family.

When Xia Meixiang first met Wei Qi Qi, she thought that even if she could not reverse the fate of Xia Meixiang to be hated by this girl, the least she could do was create indifference between them. Instead, it seemed her insecurities and distaste for Xia Meixiang welled up uncontrollably.

Wei Qi Qi was depicted in novel as having a lifelong crush on Gu Zhulin. Because Xia Meixiang was engaged to Gu Zhulin, Wei Qi Qi hated her. Of course, Xia Ling-Er could have also played a hand in it all, but Xia Meixiang believed the girl was simply spiteful. At least half the rumors floating around about Xia Meixiang were caused by her poisonous mouth.

It was well-known among their generation that Wei Qi Qi was a big gossip; anything you wanted to know about the xiaojie and gongzi first passed through Wei Qi Qi. However, no one openly alienated her, for fear she would retaliate by upturning dirt onto them.

When Wei Qi Qi laid her eyes on Gu Zhulin, her heart was fluttering in her chest. She could only see him. However, when Xia Meixiang spoke, the fluttering stopped. She scowled at the pretty young woman standing beside her Gu Zhulin.

“Second Young Miss Wei,” Xia Meixiang greeted her as well, her tone polite and devoid of emotion.

Wei Qi Qi’s scowl grew. How could her precious ZhuZhu fall into the hands of that poisonous viper Xia Meixiang.

“Second Young Miss Xia, did my eyes deceive me or did I see Young Master Chen He?” Wei Qi Qi jumped right to the juiciest meat.

Wei Qi Qi had been trying to ruin Xia Meixiang for years now, but no amount of gossip seemed to sway the decisions of the Gu Family to annul the marriage agreement between Gu Zhulin and that poisonous slut. So when Xia Ling-Er had come to her last week with a scheme to ruin her cousin, she had not thought twice.

Having one of her many minions lead that pervert Chen He towards Xia Meixiang when she was alone, she had thought at the very least she can have her disgraced. Instead Gu Zhulin had went looking for that slut to guide her through her first day.

Wei Qi Qi still tried to salvage her plans, trying to stir doubt in the mind of her beloved ZhuZhu.

Unexpectedly, Xia Meixiang simply sneered, “Young Miss Wei, your eyes are quite good. From where did you see Young Master Chen?”

Wei Qi Qi paled, biting her lower lip. Why is it that whenever she faced Xia Meixiang she felt dumber and dumber? Although she was older than Xia Meixiang, she always failed to the girl! It was truly frustrating!

“My eyes are naturally good,” Wei Qi Qi boasted, “I am a 1-Star Qi Body Refining cultivator!”

Xia Meixiang gave her an insincere smile. “So you can see into the past when you become a Qi Body Refiner practitioner? Or perhaps that is a sacred technique the Wei family cultivates?” Her jeering attitude ruffled Wei Qi Qi like nothing else.

“Xia Meixiang, watch your words!”

“Then you watch yours!” snapped Xia Meixiang, her hands resting akimbo to her hips. The smile on her lips dropped into a withering scowl.

Wei Qi Qi shivered. When was Xia Meixiang this fierce? In the past, Xia Meixiang had been an equally easy and frustrating target. One could say anything about her but it could never get a reaction. Why choose now to retaliate?

“Xia Meixiang, what are you saying?” Gu Zhulin demanded to know, reminding Wei Qi Qi of his presense.

“Yes, Second Older Sister, your words make no sense!” Xia Ling-Er exclaimed.

Xia Meixiang smirked at them. “It doesn’t matter if you understand my words, they are not for you. Wei Qi Qi, your scene today was terribly lacking and irritating to play in. This is the first strike.”

Wei Qi Qi flushed indignantly and sputtered, “Xia Meixiang you go too far!”

Her eyes chilled considerably, sending another chill down Wei Qi Qi’s spine. Although her aura was that of the Nine Qi Realms, her glare was almost like that of a yellow-level technique. “Do you truly want to play with me, Second Young Miss Wei? I can guarantee the games I play are much more difficult.”

“Now you’re threatening her!” Gu Zhulin pointed out, obviously furious for his longtime friend.

Xia Ling-Er chimed in as well. “Second Older Sister, I know you are angry about First Young Master Chen, but do not act rashly!”

Xia Meixiang let out a short laugh. “If you want to see rash, then continue playing these games.” She turned to her silent attendants Xiao Li and Xiao Zhong and said, “We’ll depart for class now.”

Both Xiao Li and Xiao Zhong’s eyes were distant and contemptuous, but their actions and expressions were cordial and becoming of their social status. ““This servant departs now!””

Xia Meixiang also gave a perfunctory goodbye, her expression aloof. “I will depart now. Take care.”

The trio left with straight backs and determined gazes, the aura coming from them dignified and becoming, completely unlike the blatant threat Xia Meixiang imparted on her.

Wei Qi Qi felt in her heart as if she had encountered a great evil in Xia Meixiang, but found herself unwilling to accept that. That slut is just a 4-Star Qi Sensory Realm cultivator! What harm can she do to me!

Xia Meixiang finished the evening meal with her parents before informing them of what happened at school.

Over the past eight years, Xia Meixiang had grown into the pride of the Second Household, being both dignified and measured in her actions. She was not as arrogant as they feared she would become.

Hearing the events of what happened in the day, her mother paled, her father frowned and her Branch Elder Xia Chonglu fell silent.

“Are you certain it was that Wei girl who colluded with Chen He?” Xia Chonglu asked after a moment of silence.

“Xiao Li spotted her servant girl following us to the pavilion and then she disappeared. Before Chen He appeared, he sensed her again, but did not see her again until she appeared beside Wei Qi Qi.” Xia Meixiang revealed. “I trust in Xiao Li’s senses.”

Though in terms of cultivation, Xiao Li was below Xia Meixiang, his senses were far more sensitive due to constant physical training. Every month Xia Yuanzhou’s lead guard would take the young man into the mountains for intense training and practice. His senses and body were that of an Inner Martial Scholar cultivator, while his spirit remained that of a Qi Sensory Realm cultivator.

“I see…” Xia Chonglu murmured. “Try not to mix with that girl too much. I will speak to the other elders about this as well.”

Xia Meixiang’s eyes flashed with ruthlessness. “Elder Chonglu, wait a moment. I want to handle this myself.”

Xia Chongli looked at his granddaughter, an expression of confusion. “Mei’er you do not have to trouble yourself with such pettiness.”

Xia Meixiang shook her head. “I want to handle this myself, not for vengeance but to warn others that Xia Meixiang is not someone to be taken lightly.”

Ruan Xiuxiang inwardly sighed, her face returning to its normal color. Her daughter had really grown into a fine young woman, despite some missteps here and there in her adolescence. The only bad habit she had was repaying slights.

“I will handle this accordingly and report my actions back to you.” Xia Meixiang proposed. “What I hate most is when people try to make a fool of me!”

Xia Yuanzhou inwardly sighed. When she was young she hated deceit and stealing, when she is grown she hates being made a fool of… He wondered if letting her play too often with the rowdy Lan Yu from the First Household was the cause.

Xia Meixiang did not know this, but her attitude prompted her father to later make petty problems for his elder brother. In the First Household, an oblivious Xia Guangli felt a chill roll down his back.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    ludagad, Alice-sama, Elliana and 3 others like this.
  3. Red_

Red_ ◆The Lazy One◆

Reading List:
    Link
    It seems as though I discovered something to keep me awake. :blobpeek:
    Keep up the good work ! C:

Regalia1896 likes this.
  4. MiyaMira

MiyaMira Jobseeking Sloth ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Certified Imouto

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that the term for the elder male cousin should be corrected. It should be Tangge/Tangxiong = elder male cousin from father's side because Biaoge/Biaoxiong = elder male cousin from mother's side. Likewise, if you're saying elder female cousin from father's side, it'll be Tangjie. From mother's side, it'll be Biaojie. For younger cousin, just change the ge/xiong into di for the male and mei for the female.

In addition, there's also Gugu for father's sisters and Gufu(?) for their husband, Shushu/Shu for uncles and Shenshen/shen for uncles' wife. Jiujiu for uncles from mother's side and Jiuma for their wife. I don't remember what's mother's sisters are called. Chinese have a lot of terms for different family side, ugghhh :notlikeblob:

Regalia1896 likes this.
  5. Regalia1896

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 9| You made me Break a Sweat

The next day, Xia Meixiang found herself receiving glares from the Wei Family’s people. Unperturbed, she went about her day, going to classes and ignoring them.

“Mistress, if you would like, I can…” Xiao Li let his sentence fall off as he glared at another person who dared to scowl at Xia Meixiang as they passed.

Xia Meixiang lifted her chin, a sneer crossing her lips. “I have no need to lower myself for these peons.” She deliberately let her voice travel to the offending student.

The youth flushed in anger but could only slink away, intimidated by the bloodlust rolling off of Xiao Li.

Xia Meixiang’s gaze followed the sulking fool as he left before landing on the resentful face of Wei Qi Qi. “Besides, he is only a pawn. Why expend energy on a pawn, when the queen is in sight.” When Wei Qi Qi noticed her gaze, she made a face of contempt before turning away and leaving, her entourage of followers crowding around her.

Xiao Zhong frowned. “The Wei Family’s Second Young Miss does not understand her place.”

Xia Meixiang smirked. A commotion came from the area that Wei Qi Qi was departing from. In the midst of a field of young women stood her fiance, Gu Zhulin, basking in the adoration and fawning. By his side was her cousin, Xia Ling-Er, enfolded in her own cloud of fawning.

Xia Meixiang chuckled lowly. “Wei Qi Qi is not the only eyesore. She’s just the most obvious one.” Xia Meixiang murmured lowly. Her eyes flashed with a calculating light and then she turned away. “Come along, classes will resume soon.”

Xiao Zhong wanted to comment, but dutifully closed her mouth and followed after Xiao Li and Xia Meixiang.

The departing trio did not notice the sinister gazes coming from Xia Ling-Er.

A few days later, Xia Meixiang found herself cornered by several girls. They surrounded her in a half circle, her back to the wall of the building she’d recently exited.

Xia Meixiang covertly rolled her eyes at their attempt at being intimidating. Each one was only so-so in looks, and their talent was blatantly low, given their age and cultivation rank.

“Look at this, a girl who doesn’t know her place.” sneered one with freckles on her cheeks. She seemed to have the highest cultivation out of the group, blatantly radiating the power of a 6-Star Qi Gathering Realm practitioner.

“What do you want? Money?” Xia Meixiang casually brushed the long tendrils framing her face behind her ear, displaying her crystal earring in her left ear.

“What do we want?” the leftmost girl with a squarish face and heavy eyebrows parroted. She snorted as she turned to her accomplices. “The slut thinks she can buy us off.”

“Xia Meixiang, there isn’t enough money in the world to buy us off!” the one beside Freckles- a heavyset girl with a large chest and a man-ish face- declared.

Xia Meixiang sneered. “How did I offend you?” She demanded to know, her voice calm and measured.

Freckles laughed. “You offend our eyes!”

“Clinging to Gu Zhulin like a parasite, you should be ashamed!” Heavyset scoffed.

“Because you are his fiance, he doesn’t say anything,” another girl with pigtails in her hair exclaimed. Her fists clenched beside her in outrage for her crush.

Xia Meixiang crossed her arms under her chest. “So it’s another lot of you…”sigh Xia Meixiang. “Apologies, but what do you hope to gain this? Gu Zhulin is my fiance- I am to be his wife. Do you hope that by bullying me, you can win his heart?” From the stiff expressions of barely contained fury on their faces, she was correctly hitting their weak points.

“What, what gain?! Xia Meixiang, do you think everyone is like you- greedy and narrow minded?!” Freckles exclaimed, her face growing redder by the minute.

“If there is no gain, then for what purpose have you detained me?” Xia Meixiang demanded to know.

“To teach you to stay away from Gu Zhulin!” Heavyset and Square-face said in unison.

“I advise you to not cause me trouble,” warned Xia Meixiang. “You would not like the outcome.”

Freckles stepped closer, menacingly. “Xia Meixiang, don’t think Gu Zhulin will be able to save you now!” She struck out with her fist, the force behind it no less than a grown man’s.

Xia Meixiang’s eyes flashed with an unholy light before she dodged nimbly, skirting around the attempts of Heavyset and the others to the right to detain her. Her palms were like lightning, years of practice in precision and force making each hit as deadly as four fists to their acupoints.

In minutes, three of the group’s members fell in a pile, blood trickling from the corners of their mouth, their limbs useless.

Slowly, Xia Meixiang turned to the remaining three Square-face, Freckles and Pigtails. Their expressions of disbelief and shock were amusing to Xia Meixiang though her face stayed aloof and cool.

“I warned you not to provoke me.” Xia Meixiang reminded them just before she struck.

The last three were more resilient, trying to evade and block her movements, even as she danced around them like a cyclone. It took three times as long as the last time for Xia Meixiang to disarm and paralyze the rest, and by the end, some sweat had formed on her brow.

MF, you made me sweat? Flicking it off in distaste, Xia Meixiang stared down at the incapacitated young women who had come to coerce her. “Do not worry, in half an hour, you should be able to move again. My strikes are designed to paralyze for a duration of time.” The Seven Lightning Palms was a qi-less technique she’d had her father’s guards teach her after she first encountered Chen He. It was designed to incapacitate those of greater strength for escape, and prioritized speed and heightened reflexes over brute strength. She had never had to use it against him, but practiced it diligently every day for the past eight years.

Xia Meixiang sneered down at Freckles, her smile a bit cruel. “Don’t worry, your love for Gu Zhulin has properly reached me.” Her smile arched wider, as Freckles tried to curse her. “Cool off here for a moment, ah?”

With that, Xia Meixiang sauntered away, leaving the six girls to lay paralyzed on the ground, seething in anger.

Xia Meixiang made her way to the Languid Dragon Pavilion, flicking her hair behind her shoulder and taking out the earring in her ear.

In actuality, Xia Meixiang’s earring was a Recording Crystal. One of the key plot devices of the story was the ability to show the past as it was recorded via devices like these.

On the spectrum, however, Recording Crystals were rather low quality when compared to some other devices and artifacts that would show up. They could only record and playback video as taken, and could not be manipulated to enhance the view, crop the scene, or focus on an individual.

The other devices were far more sophisticated. Some were even like modern day cameras, allowing the operator to pause in recording, rewind, and capture high definition audio. However, they were pricey and not even available in Fanrong Country to the mass public.

Waiting for Xia Meixiang at the Pavilion was a tense Xiao Li and Xiao Zhong, both of whom she had ordered to be on standby in case of being unable to overpower the girls.

“Mistress, are you alright?” Xiao Zhong immediately asked. She grabbed Xia Meixiang’s hands to inspect them, frowning at the faint bruising on her knuckles and palms.

“Mistress you should have let this servant deal with those vermin.” Xiao Li frowned, his nose wrinkling in distaste at the actions of the six girls who had cornered Xia Meixiang. They dared to try and harm his mistress, he would gladly let them understand their wrongs with the edge of his blade!

“It’s nothing major,” Xia Meixiang denied, pulling her palms away. “And also, after school today, I need you to go to the Crystal Mason’s shop and have three copies of this crystal and its contents made.” She handed Xiao Zhong the crystal earring.

Xia Meixiang also gave her a pouch of coins. “Tell him that the copies must be completed by tomorrow and that you will return for them in the morning. Make sure you also receive the original and keep it safe.”

Xiao Zhong nodded in affirmation. “Rest assured, this servant will complete the task.”

Xia Meixiang had her reasons for showing off some of her prowess. Her enemies were very petty and narrow-minded. She could not amuse herself if she did not put them on guard as well. They needed to be more elaborate or original with their scheming, or she would never be able to play accordingly.

ludagad, Alice-sama, Elliana and 4 others like this.
  6. Regalia1896

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 10| A Frame-Up Flop- You Dare Criticize Me?!

The following day, Xiao Zhong returned to her side by the time the morning carriage, handing Xia Meixiang the three crystal copies.

“Mistress, here are the copies.” Xiao Zhong said.

Xia Meixiang gave a small smile, waving a hand over the Recording Crystals so that they disappeared into her storage ring. Xia Ling-Er arrived just as the crystals vanished into the ring, a trace of suspicion flashing across her face.

“Second Older Sister, what was that?” she called out, schooling her face into a look of curiosity.

Xia Meixiang barely spared her a glance as Xiao Zhong and Xiao Li bowed slightly to her. “Nothing for Third Younger Sister to worry about. Just supplies for today.”

Xia Ling-Er made a face of understanding, as inside she sneered with ridicule at Xia Meixiang. You think you are going to survive? Xia Meixiang, I will ruin you!

With a face of smiles, Xia Ling-Er followed her cousin into the carriage to school, ignoring the look of displeasure on Xiao Zhong’s face.

When they arrived at school, Xia Meixiang was immediately heralded by a member of the discipline hall.

“Second Miss Xia Meixiang? You have been summoned to the disciplinary hall.” the stern faced older man announced. Dressed in the solemn gray robes of the disciplinary hall, he was no less eye catching among the green and blue clad students.

Around them, students lingered, walking slowly and whispering amongst themselves. “Mister, what has my sister done wrong?” Xia Ling-Er asked quite loudly, inciting the whispers even further.

Before the older man could speak, Xia Meixiang said to Xia Ling-Er, “Third Younger Sister, hold your tongue! This sir has not said I have done wrong, but you say I have done wrong. Your words, I cannot afford them.”

Xia Ling-Er’s eyes narrowed in contempt before she blinked them wide, her eyes glistening like orbs of pure water. “Second Older Sister, I know my wrong…” she simpered.

Xia Meixiang silently scoffed at her pitiful look. “Third Young Sister, you must speak properly in the future. We are young ladies of great dignity, and cannot afford to shame our family.”

Inwardly, Xia Ling-Er was cursing the haughty demeanor of her older cousin while outwardly portraying a crestfallen expression. “I understand, Second Older Sister…” I understand that with this display, you have helped me quicken your fall into despair!

With that, Xia Meixiang departed with the member of the disciplinary hall after instructing her attendants to go to their classes. Xia Ling-Er watched her leave with a forlorn expression, before she quickly went to the next phase of her plan.

Xia Meixiang stared aloofly at the six girls standing before the Disciplinary Hall Master, Master Xun Yu. Every one of them had visible bruises on their body, and were in a clear state of disarray. They huddled together, crying and simpering, as if panicked by the sheer sight of Xia Meixiang.

“Xia Meixiang, you have been accused of attacking these six girls unprovoked and maliciously.” Hall Master Xun declared.

His voice reverberated around the empty chambers of the hall, a solemn sound. Xia Meixiang felt the pressure of his cultivation weighing down on her.

“By whom?” asked Xia Meixiang, opening her arms wide.

Master Xun frowned before motioning to the girls to speak.

“Master Xun, she attacked us all so viciously!” lamented Freckles.

“She was so ruthless, hitting us from behind!” Heavyset cried.

Xia Meixiang cocked a brow. “Really? I am only at the Peak-Stage of the Qi Sensory Realm. Even if I was to attack from behind, I would not be able to harm all of you at once before being stopped, let alone noticed.”

At Xia Meixiang’s plausible argument, Maste Xun looked towards the girls. They seemed to have anticipated this outcome, because Pigtails retorted. “Humph, there are plenty of pills and elixirs that can temporarily increase one’s cultivation! You probably used them to ambush us!”

Xia Meixiang smiled coldly. “And how would I know you were all together?”

The six girl fell silent before Square Face gave a feeble excuse, “N, naturally you gathered us all to the path of the Languid Cloud Pavilion! Your vicious heart wanted to do away with all of us at once!”

Xia Meixiang twisted her lips into a mockery of a smile then. Tapping her fingers against her arms, she slowly praised, “Good. Very good. You clearly chose this road, ah? Let me reward you.”

“Xia Meixiang, you deny hurting them?” Master Xun demanded.

Xia Meixiang shook her head. “I did strike them…”

“So you admit it! You dared to attack us!” Freckles exclaimed, her bruised face filled with glee.”

“But only in self defense.” Xia Meixiang interjected, ignoring Freckles.

Master Xun frowned. “These wounds do not look like self defense.”

“Those wounds are not the ones I inflicted on them. I merely incapacitated them.” Xia Meixiang waved a hand and produced a Recording Crystal from her Storage Ring. “This crystal can prove that I only paralyzed them on the path yesterday.

Her eyes were cold and ruthless as they swept over the six girls frozen in shock and disbelief. “Their claims that I attacked them are merely the words of petty and resentful girls who underestimated me.”

Master Xun frowned and flicked his wrist, his qi lifting the crystal up and toward him before the eyes of the girls.

Still frowning, he viewed the recorded scene, his face growing darker and his eyes colder. “Xia Meixiang, you are found to have been acting in self defense. You are hereby dismissed.”

The aura that had been encircling Xia Meixiang suddenly dissipated and she watched in satisfaction as the six girls were pressed to the ground, coughing blood.

Xia Meixiang did not dare to linger, and bowed to Master Xun. “Xia Meixiang thanks Disciplinary Hall Master Xun. Xia Meixiang takes her leave now.”

With that, she left the foreboding disciplinary hall, a smile curving her lips. “Wei Qi Qi, this is the second mark.” she uttered.

Xia Meixiang was enjoying a leisurely bask in the early afternoon after finishing classes when Xiao Li alerted her that someone was approaching her spot under the Guardian Tree.

Looking up, she was it was Gu Zhulin. Having already expected that He would be confronting her, Xia Meixiang gave a small smirk at her fiance.

“Young Master Gu,” she greeted, flowing to her feet gracefully. “To what do I owe your presence?”

“Xia Meixiang, you attacked several seniors yesterday!” Gu Zhulin seethed as soon as he was before her.

Xia Meixiang’s eyes flashed with a cold light. “Who told you that I attacked someone?”

Gu Zhulin scowled, making a dismissive gesture with his hands. “That is not important. How could you attack your seniors? Do you lack proper behavior?”

“Presumptuous!” Xia Meixiang snapped.

Gu Zhulin was outraged. “What?!”

“With what right do you have to question how I defend myself?” questioned Xia Meixiang, crossing her arms over her chest.

“I am your fiance!” bit out Gu Zhulin. His fist were clenched by his side.

“So now you choose to acknowledge we are betrothed?” she sneered back. She tilted her chin up. “Should I allow myself to be mocked and beaten by your many admirers then? Should I have to endure the sneers and schemes of those who oppose our union on my own? If they challenge me, I will gladly meet their expectations.”

Gu Zhulin felt lost. “If those people challenge you, then they are wrong but you should not meet them.”

Xia Meixiang gave a cold laugh. “Young Master Gu, when have you acknowledged me as your fiancee? There are many young women who seek your attention. Of course they would see me as an eyesore, an easy target to vent on.”

“Xia Meixiang-”

“If they challenge me,” Xia Meixiang repeated. “I will meet them. My pride is too high to allow those who slight me to live peacefully.” With that said, Xia Meixiang left, her face expressionless and yet tense.

Gu Zhulin was truly flabbergasted by the words Xia Meixiang spoke. Why could she not be more like her cousin Ling-Er. Ling-Er was gentle, even-tempered and kind, a true young lady.

Both were young ladies of the Xia Family, one his maternal cousin and the other his betrothed. He had been friendly with Ling-Er since he was introduced as Xia Meixiang’s fiancé. Their polar temperaments were exactly what attracted Gu Zhulin to Ling-Er.

Xia Meixiang was neither docile or gentle, her temper like a flashfire. He had known since very young that his heart would not lay with Xia Meixiang, but his parents insisted that he marry the Second Young Miss.

He could only hope that he could convince his parents before Xia Meixiang came of age in three years.

7. MiyaMira

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the double chapters! :blobhighfive::blobhighfive::blobhighfive: As of now I have ascertained that you have definitely mastered the essence of CN's trope! I really feel like I'm reading a CN novel instead of a new work lol If I didn't properly remind myself it's an original work I'd have gone and search the Chinese title to start MTL for more chapters :blobpeek::blobpeek::blobpeek:

I'm really wondering who the ML is gonna be. If we follow the usual cliche, is it
    Baobao?
    ML doesn't seem like it'll be the fiance, judging from his current action and the synopsis given. Can't wait for ML appearance! :cookie::cookie::cookie:

Anyway, great job at depicting how much of a scumbag the fiance is. With all those years of being scorned by her fiance, I wonder why Meixiang herself doesn't ask for the marriage to be annulled... :hmm::hmm::hmm: Does she actually have a tiny feeling towards him? Or maybe because GZL's parents are the one pushing for the marriage...

Elliana and Regalia1896 like this.
  8. Elliana

Elliana Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you!
    I think the reason why she don't ask the annulment is for 1 : her reputation (her fiance betrays her with her cousin : she is the victim (I mean their reputation will take a blow niark and not her)) and 2 : too lazy ? For the fun? In CN the MC let the fiance cancel their engagement so he can regret it deeply.
    I wonder if my theory is okay and readable (i am not english )

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
    Regalia1896 likes this.
  9. Regalia1896

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry! Saturday was hectic, and I forgot to post...
    Chapter 11| Roaring Ruan Temper- A Mother/Daughter Pair

CRASH!!

“That Gu boy is too outrageous!” thundered the voice of Ruan Xiuxiang.

At her feet lay the shattered remains of a treasured porcelain box filled with small decorative glass orbs. Only a handful of the colored glass orbs were left unbroken by Ruan Xiuxiang’s mighty throw.

The attendants of the Second Household’s courtyard almost jumped out of their skin. The second madam had always been a gentle and refined person, a peerless and gentle being. Of course they knew she was a cultivator of noted rank, but they had not expected her to be so hot-tempered. Who knew she could roar so loudly in anger?

Shi Huan knew of her madam’s temper. Having been following her for over twenty years now, how could she not be aware of the bottom line to Ruan Xiuxiang. Not many people understood that Xia Meixiang was the spitting image Ruan Xiuxiang in her junior years, spitting fire and promising retribution to others.

It was only after meeting and falling for her betrothed Xia Yuanzhou that the madam put on the demeanor befitting her status, but the Ruan family’s fiery temper ran true through her veins.

“Second Madam, please quell your anger!” pleaded Shi Huan, speaking up before another priceless decoration was broken beyond redemption.

“Mother, Gu Zhulin is not worth your anger.” Xia Meixiang spoke up, taking her mother’s hand in hers. She soothingly rubbed her hands, in her heart anxious to calm her the rage in her mother.

Ruan Xiuxiang looked to her daughter, her eldest child. She had raised her for so long and after so much tribulation, carefully inspecting every hair on her head, nursing her through fevers and colds. She knew that once daughters were married they were not expected to return, so she showered her precious child with the most care.

She deeply loved this child of hers. If she were to be hurt, then Ruan Xiuxiang’s heart could not bear it.

“Xiu’er,” Xia Yuanzhou finally spoke up, his voice like iron. “I will speak with the Gu Family and ask them to be accountable. If they cannot reign in their son, then I will make them understand that our daughter is not someone so easily given away.”

Xia Yuanzhou also worried about Xia Meixiang’s marriage. He would like nothing more than to keep his precious daughter safe within the family, close at hand.

He had long been disappointed by the Gu Family “great young master”, but his father’s decision weighed on him. Without a solid reason, he could not withdraw the marriage agreement.

“Go, go and find that good Gu Family and ask them how their good son treats his fiance!” Ruan Xiuxiang raged, crystal tears hanging from her long lashes.

Inwardly, Xia Meixiang lamented at her miscalculation. She had known her mother would be outraged on her behalf, but not to this extent.

Even after eight years of such heartfelt care, she was not quite used to the parental love and affection she received as this “Xia Meixiang”. She reasoned that she should not grow too accustomed to this much attention, so as to make the transition that much smoother when she finally left.

“Mother, Father will definitely get an account.” soothed Xia Meixiang. “Mei’er is fine, ah! Your daughter is very strong. How can I be bullied by these lowly people?”

Xia Meixiang coaxed and calmed her mother for an hour more before finally she was willing to let Xia Yuanzhou go alone to get an answer from the Gu Family. After reporting to Elder Chonglu about the events that transpired, and giving him a copy of the Recording Crystal, Xia Meixiang retired to her rooms.

With a sigh, Xia Meixiang laid back on her bed, closing her eyes to breathe deeply.

BaoBao slowly padded into view before lightly jumping onto the bed. ‘You’ve returned later than usual.’

“Deflecting Wei Qi Qi’s latest parlor trick caused some unexpected waves in Mother’s mood. She was quite unhappy with Gu Zhulin’s following actions.” Xia Meixiang turned over to her side to meet the blood red eyes of the guardian demon beast.

‘Second Madam has a very fierce temper…’ BaoBao noted. He had lived a very long and decorated life beside his Master the Immortal Sovereign. Very few things surprised him. But the unbridled rage that the Second Madam revealed was enough to make even the great him cower.

Xia Meixiang sighed. “I wish we could just end this engagement already!”

More than once she had asked why she had to wed Gu Zhulin. She had been told only that it was an agreement between the two families and that it was her deceased grandfather’s dying wish.

She rocked into a sitting position, waving her hand over her lap and producing some snacks from her Storage Ring.

Xia Meixiang’s Storage Ring usually contained snacks and her money purse. Mostly, it consisted of snacks she had Xiao Zhong buy from in town or some that she could whip up from home. While she wasn’t comparable to the Head Chef of the courtyard, her modern recipes (adjusted to suit the technology and produce available) were still edible and quite tasty. And Xia Meixiang enjoyed eating.

There was nothing Xia Meixiang liked more than food. When she was frustrated in modern times, there was nothing she liked more than a good bag of chips, candy,jellied fruits and the like. When she was angry, a large meal complete with five side dishes was the best cure.

‘If these vermin frustrate you so much,’ drawled BaoBao, ‘then just eliminate them quickly.’ It had already seen her pack away many small cakes and skewered sweets glazed with sticky red sauce. It theorized that there was a dimensional rift in the girl’s stomach the way she ate.

Xia Meixiang “My opponents lack finesse. That is what frustrates me.” She ruthlessly tore into a sweet custard-filled bun. In the past, she’d given the recipe to the Head Chef to make. After finished the adult-fist-sized pastry she continued, “Besides, they dare show that kind of two-faced act in front of me- I’ll gladly bury them.”

Xia Meixiang’s attitude of repaying all debts had grown more pronounced while living in the Xuanhuan world. All slights were remembered and all debts calculated. Her temper was like a demoness, once aroused it would squeeze the vitality out of a grudge until there was no more.

BaoBao silently lit a candle for the foolish Gu and Wei youngsters. They knew not the demoness they awoke. Speaking of them…

‘You should form a power of your own.’ suggested BaoBao, ‘separate of the Xia Family’s Faction, to better guard against that cousin of yours. Xiao Li and Xiao Zhong are not a sufficient force on their own.’

Xia Meixiang finished the third custard bun and sighed. “I was thinking the same thing too. It will serve as a good way to keep tabs on the rumors and quell any trouble coming my way.”

Lately, because of people scheming against her, she hadn’t been able to devote enough attention to her cultivation. Thus she was still only at the early stages of the Qi Body Refining Realm and not yet full fledged cultivator.

She had gotten some good materials for cultivation from her older cousins, some spirit stones and low-grade pills. But they sat unused in her Storage Ring.

‘I recommend gathering students from all walks of life. Even the unsavory ones.’ BaoBao input. ‘They could be vital for finding any rumors on mysterious disturbances that may lead to the Treasure.’

“Mn,” responded Xia Meixiang. Although they had been diligently working to find the pieces of the Boundless Treasure, there had been little success, due to the confines of Xia Meixiang’s status and engagement.

A year ago, they had been lucky. While following Lan Yu in her practicing of her whip skills, she overheard a lowly pageboy in the First Household gossiping about his neighbor who recently gained the power to cultivate.

Through careful investigation and probing, Xia Meixiang was able to determine that the cause was a hairpin that the young man had recently picked up, having stumbled upon it trying to escape a Cloud Wolf in the Star Forest. The hairpin was in fact the Tear of the Water Maiden, a piece from the Boundless Treasures set. She had immediately sent Shi Huan and Xiao Zhong to buy the hairpin from the young man for a slightly generous price.

Xia Meixiang tapped a half-eaten skewer of small dumplings glazed in sticky sauce against her lips, before biting into one. “I’ll have Xiao Zhong and Xiao Li start scouting some other students tomorrow.”

And she did.

Within a week, Xia Meixiang had dozens upon dozens of prospective members to her force. By the end of the month, XIa Meixiang had her numbers down to a strong twelve, excluding Xiao Li and Xiao Zhong.

With the establishment of her own people, Xia Meixiang could finally put more focus on cultivating for herself, quickly ascending to the realm Qi Body Refining. At the end of another month, Xia Meixiang reached the bottleneck into the next Realm.

It was a warm afternoon in the Guardian Redwood Courtyard and very few students were milling around the open courtyard, talking and lounging.

BOOM!!

A wave of qi swept out from a young girl’s body. The students around her turned to look back towards the newly formed Inner Martial Scholar sitting the the center of the courtyard, under the shade of the Guardian Redwood.

They all waited with baited breath as gradually, the aura around her calmed to a lull.

Finally, one brave soul, an 8-Star Qi Gathering Realm cultivator stepped forward on slightly shaky legs. When the young girl opened her eyes, she found the youth bowing to her.

“Congratulations, Lady Xia Meixiang!”

10. Elliana

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you!!

11. Regalia1896

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 12| Breakthrough: The Lingering Sharp Pain

Xia Meixiang gave the youth in front of her a small half-smile. “Thank you, fellow classmate.”

The youth in front of her reddened even further, and Xia Meixiang almost expected steam to rise from his head top. Xiao Zhong, who had been standing behind her mistress, giggled lightly under the cover of the wide sleeves of her dress.

There were many youths who were fond of her mistress. Everyday they would send her longing looks, but her mistress was dismissive of them. Rather than to say she did not know, it was rather she did not care.

“Will being admired for my beauty raise my cultivation?” Xia Meixiang had once chastised her. “Mother says, ‘Conceit for appearance will breeds resentment from others.’ If I want resentment from others, let it be for the things I achieve.”

Xiao Zhong honestly wanted her mistress to have a spouse that was truly suited her excellence. Instead, she would soon wed…

Xiao Zhong’s eyes flashed with a malicious light as she thought of the arrogant swine her mistress would have to marry. Gu Zhulin was a young master in name one, undeserving of her dignified and capable mistress.

As if conjured by Xiao Zhong’s negative thoughts, Gu Zhulin entered the courtyard with his back straight and a frown on his face.

Xia Meixiang spotted her gloomy-faced fiance as well, and a trace of a cold smile flitted over her lips.

Xia Meixiang stood slowly and gracefully, her movements attracting the eyes of several Young men. “Young Master Gu, greetings.” She gave a slight bow to Gu Zhulin.

Gu Zhulin tersely replied, “Second Young Miss Xia. May I speak to you privately?”

She raised a brow at his tone and demeanor. “... It would not be proper…” she began to say.

“I will only take a moment.” Xia Meixiang was surprised when Gu Zhulin claimed her arm, his grip like a vice.

Xiao Li, who had been reluctantly lingering in the background, sprung forward, his eyes like daggers. He made as if to chop Gu Zhulin’s wrist, only for Gu Zhulin to tug Xia Meixiang’s into the way, halting his actions.

“Young Master Gu,” bit out Xiao Li, “please refrain from inappropriately touching our young miss. She is an untainted and virtuous lady.”

Xia Meixiang snorted inwardly at Xiao Li's words. ‘Virtuous’ is a stretch, she thought, slightly amused by his actions.

“I will only take a moment,” Gu Zhulin ground out. With further words, he dragged Xia Meixiang to a secluded place a few measures from the Guardian Redwood Courtyard.

Finally, Xia Meixiang managed to free her arm from his grip. “To what do I owe your sudden appearance, Young Master Gu.”

Gu Zhulin seethed inwardly at this conniving girl in front of him. Not only had she bullied Wei Qi Qi the other day, but she thoroughly manipulated his parents and hers against him.

His parents were furious with him for mistreating Xia Meixiang, despite his best efforts at telling them the truth. His grandfather had been insisting that he treat her better, or he could forget about entering a sect after graduating.

To graduate from Tianlong, one must be of Martial Warrior rank. To enter one of the powerful sects in the area, one had to gain their attention and have great talent. Of course gaining attention was rather easy: give them tributes and money.

With his future used to threaten him, Gu Zhulin was forced to lower his head and coax Xia Meixiang. However, Gu Zhulin was unwilling, very unwilling.

“Xia Meixiang, what do you want?” he demanded to know.

Xia Meixiang looked confused. “What does Young Master Gu mean?”

“XIA MEIXIANG!” he bellowed.

“No need to shout, I just want to know by what you mean.” Xia Meixiang smiled insincerely.

“...What will it take for you to stop slandering me?” he demanded.

“Slander? Young Master Gu, you're words are too severe. What do you mean by ‘slander’?” She let her hair fall to one side, cocking her head to the left. “I simply told my father how you acted towards me. And when your father refused to listen, we only made him understand.”

Gu Zhulin felt a sense of dread fall on his shoulders. “Xia Meixiang, do not misunderstand my inaction against you. It is only because you are Ling-Er’s precious cousin that I do not reveal your malicious heart to all the Four Families.”

Xia Meixiang paused for a moment, rubbing a hand over her suddenly aching chest. “Young Master Gu, who is truly malicious here? Do not misunderstand my inaction as weakness.” Xia Meixiang turned her back to Gu Zhulin. “Go. I do not wish to see you right now.”

Gu Zhulin did not bother to stay, nor did he recognize the tense voice Xia Meixiang was using.

Xia Meixiang stood there for a period of time, frowning at the shard of pain and longing that stabbed at her chest. She had no positive feelings for Gu Zhulin, at most only amusement at his lackluster attempts to coax her.

“Mistress, I finished recording the entire scene.” Xiao Zhong reported a few minutes later, making sure Gu Zhulin had truly left the vicinity.

“Good, keep that one as well.” Xia Meixiang swallowed against the pain in her chest. Nevertheless, Xia Meixiang spent the rest of her free afternoon meditating and accumulating qi.

When she finished, she made her way toward the Martial Skill Library. Still feeling odd, she murmured, “I will ask Mother to have a doctor come and check on me…”

The evening found Xia Meixiang at home without a technique from the Library, smothered deeply in her mother’s embrace.

“Mei’er is truly a genius.” Ruan Xiuxiang cried joyfully.

The Second Madam hugged her daughter tightly in her arms, refusing to even let her husband embrace their daughter. Xia Yuanzhou could only stand behind her and wait for his chance.

“Our Young Miss is a peerless talent, ah!” Shi Huan praised from the side.

Xiao Li and Xiao Zhong affirmed her statement. “Mistress is peerless.”

Elder Chonglu nodded approvingly. “Mei girl, you are progressing nicely. You truly live up to the expectations of the Xia Family.”

“Thank you, Elder Chonglu.” squeezed out Xia Meixiang. Her mother’s hug was making it hard to breathe. This level of affection was truly not something the matured Xia Meixiang was used to, even after eight years.

Finally, Xia Yuanzhou got the chance to hug his daughter as well. Seeing her face pale from her mother’s ministrations, he instead gave her a loving pat on the head. “Mei’er, you’ve done really well.”

“Thank you, Father.” Xia Meixiang said. “Although today, I was not able to choose a technique from the Library for myself, tomorrow, I will search again.”

Xia Yuanzhou smiled at the level-headed attitude of his daughter. “How about you let your father help you find some additional techniques to learn?” he offered.

Xia Meixiang asked, “Can we go to the Four Clouds Pagoda’s auction house?”

The Four Clouds Pagoda was an establishment that sold weapons, armaments and technique scrolls. Occasionally, they would find unique or highly appraised treasures from past eras or herbs of great value. These would go to the Auction House, along with items patrons and members also put up for sale.

The Xia Family held a membership to the Pagoda, as did the other three families. While most of the other families bought from the auction house and storefront frequently, the Xia Family was more subtle.

The main power of the Xia Family came not from its cultivators or armaments but from trading and business. As such, the Xia Family was often considered “beneath” the other families, as the Chen Family persisted in gloating.

However, with the rise of prices for cultivation materials, and independent cultivators being hard-pressed to continue, the Xia Family’s strength rose to match the Chen, who were considered powerful for their Blackguard Force.

Xia Meixiang hoped that before she departed, she could ensure the Xia Family remained fortified. It was only due to the fallout of Xia Ling-Er’s many schemes that the Chen Family ceased to exist in Fanrong.

Xia Meixiang was simply laying a well-baited plan to ensure the scheming snake would get what was coming.

Xia Yuanzhou watched as traces of complex emotion flitted through his daughter’s peach blossom eyes before they grew calm. He did not know what she was planning, but based on her attitude, she was determined to go.

“Alright, Father will arrange for our family box to join the auction in a few days time.” he agreed. “Now cultivate studiously.”

“Yes, Father.” Xia Meixiang replied, a warm smile on her face.

The following days found Xia Meixiang perusing the shelves of the Martial Skill Library.

The Martial Skill Library was a five layered pagoda in the eastern point of the school, opposite the Thousand Beast Forest. It held thousands of scrolls with martial techniques for students to buy with contribution points. However, once a student reached the Inner Martial Scholar Realm, they were allowed to choose one red ranked technique for free.

Most of the wealthy families scoffed this free technique, instead choosing to buy techniques from the outside that were flashier and more eye-catching. The rule was primarily used by common students, or students who were servants like Xiao Li and Xiao Zhong.

Still, Xia Meixiang had spoken with Long Yu and Lan Yu, who were both senior students on the cusp of breaking through to the Martial Soldier Realm that it would be best if she chose a technique from the Library. Many of the techniques circulating outside the school were cast-offs or partial techniques that could rarely bring out the full power of a cultivator. It was rare that a basic starting technique in its entirety reached the world outside.

After being properly cautioned, she concluded that even if she could not pick a technique that day, the following day she would bring Xia Lan Yu to help her look.

Standing at the entrance to the Library was Hall Master Chu Hong. Although his title stated him as the Hall Master, truly he was the Pagoda Master, that is to say the direct authority over the Martial Skill and Soul Skill Libraries, which were located within the same building, although he was primarily known for being in charge of the Martial Skill Library. The Soul Skill Library took up the remaining two levels of the pagoda, containing rare soul skills of high rank.

His expression did not change as he was the trio approach, but he inwardly assessed their demeanors and auras.

“Student Meixiang greets Hall Master Hong.” Xia Meixiang said, giving a cupped hand salute.

“Student Li greets Hall Master Hong.”

“Student Zhong greet Hall Master Hong.”

The two students with her gave the same greeting and salute, polite and practiced.

As a Hall Master, of course he was above the gossip of students, even that which concerned the Four Great Families. However, the Xia Meixiang before him did not resemble the Xia Meixiang from the rumors. She had been frequenting the Library for three days now, coming to carefully comb through the shelves of

“Student Meixiang may enter, but Students Li and Zhong must remain out here.” Master Hong said solemnly. He handed Xia Meixiang a pale green jade slip with the insignia of the Martial Level on it.

“Thank you, Hall Master.” Xia Meixiang replied, bowing again before taking the slip and entering the barrier-clad building.

The first level of the pagoda contained all the red level techniques. The second level was divided between orange and yellow techniques. The final level contained a handful of high yellow and low green techniques.

Martial techniques were ranked on a spectrum- red was the lowest. But even one of the red-ranked techniques were worth 1 000 silver to the outside world, enough to feed a family four for five years! Xiao Li and Xiao Zhong were only paid 2 silver a month.

Stepping into the library, Xia Meixiang immediately went towards the shelves of sword techniques in the back. After skimming through hundreds of them, she turned her attention to fan techniques, only to find the same problem as before.

Xia Meixiang’s physique was rather special, as it had been revealed later in the novel. Consulting with BaoBao, she decided to better reinforce her spiritual foundations and body rather than try and find hard-hitting techniques.

The “Xia Meixiang” in the novel had been so dedicated to Gu Zhulin, that all of her techniques were devoted to enhancing his prowess. The current Xia Meixiang was not that dedicated.

Frowning, she whispered to herself, “The selection is great, so why is it that what I seek is missing....”

Finally, her eyes landed on a scroll bound with red wax, with the imprint of a palm on the wax. Touching the scroll lightly with her spiritual force, she found it was the Swift Shadow Steps script.

Although the Swift Shadow Steps was a red ranked technique, it was technically a qi-less technique, one aimed at enhancing the speed of the user for a period of time. The length of the enhancement depended on physical ability and spiritual force.

Taking the scroll, Xia Meixiang made her way back to the entrance, her chosen scroll in hand.

“Have you made your selection?” Master Hong asked, seeing the young girl approach. He raised a brow at her choice. The Swift Shadow Steps was a red-rank skill, technically, but the number of students who had chosen to study it as their first technique could be counted on one hand, himself included. “Are you sure?”

Xia Meixiang gave an affirmative nod. “Yes, Hall Master.”

He thought for a moment before saying. “Usually, it is unheard of for someone to choose the Swift Shadow Steps as their first technique… You seem to be certain, so I will give you another technique- a companion to the Swift Shadow Steps.”

With a wave of his hand, a scroll with a red seal appeared in his hand. “This is the Seven Lotus Palms.”

Xia Meixiang accepted the scroll with a look of great interest and respect. “Student Meixiang accepts this gift with gratitude.”

Master Hong nodded, satisfied with her behavior. “Be diligent and study the Swift Shadow Steps. It will be a rewarding endeavor.”

“Student Meixiang hears Hall Master Hong.”

Departing from the Martial Skill Library, Xia Meixiang immediately set to work absorbing the content of the scroll. First, she took in the Swift Shadow Steps. Allowing the information to merge with her mind, she slowly followed the first kata shown repeatedly. Once all the information on the scroll had been absorbed, it became a blank scroll, perplexing Xia Meixiang.

The first kata was supposed to disappear, not the entire contents of the scroll! This had never happened before.

She had previously been allowed by the Patriarch, along with her cousins, to study the Ancient Xia Family Cultivation Script. From her own copy there were only two steps missing- the two she had absorbed: First Phase- Four Winds One Mind; and Second Phase- One Mind, Four Directions.

There were still several remaining steps to the scroll, and her father had explained to her that such was expected. Xia Long Yu’s scroll also had three steps remaining this year, and Lan Yu forfeited her scroll when she agreed to marry Third Prince Yun Tien last year, but her scroll showed five steps remaining…

This predicament was truly peculiar…

Putting it out of mind for now, Xia Meixiang focused her attention on practising the Swift Shadow Steps from her mind. For the rest of the afternoon, this is what she did.

It was only when Xiao Zhong and Xiao Li returned from meeting with her people that Xia Meixiang paused in her work.

“Mistress, the Gu Family’s people have been seen making moves towards the Chen Family’s people over Xia Ling-Er.” Xiao Li reported after he bowed.

“Hmm,” hummed Xia Meixiang, thinking of the self-righteous Gu Zhulin. She wanted to crush him in the worst way…

It seemed that Xia Ling-er was using the Chen Family’s people to solidify her position as a victim. A pity she couldn't tear off the whole mask now.

“Mistress, the Wei Family’s young miss Qi Qi has been seen cursing up a stork as of late. Further probing revealed that several rumors she tried to start failed and drew the ire of some of the Wei Family’s support families.” Xiao Zhong reported next.

Xia Meixiang chuckled. “Young Miss Qi Qi is now sixteen, she should be old enough to know better than to cross swords with a junior.”

Thinking for a moment, she ordered. “Keep quelling the rumors. I want to see how desperate Wei Qi Qi gets…”

12. Regalia1896

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry about the late post.:blobjoy: I think my new years resolution will be to be more timely with posting.:blobthinkingsmirk::blobhero:

Elliana likes this.
  13. Elliana

Reading List:
    Link
    Love you!!!!!!
    Thank you for your imagination and your hard work !!
    Almost can't for their engagement to break Niahahahahahahah ... *cough* ahem

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  14. kurousagi4242

kurousagi4242 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks for your hard work! i kinda hope you bring back meixiang's "flower garden" of strong beauties that follow her devotedly

15. Melody

Melody Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice to see new chapter. Thanks for writing this novel. Looking forward to more :LOL:

16. Manna

Manna Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Muwahahaha! This is good! Good work, good job! Thank you for creating this story~ will be lingering around *click watch thread*

17. Regalia1896

Reading List:
    Link
    The good news is, this is a double release. Bad news is... I'm starting schooling today (college) and I need to trickle down for value's sake of my grade. So... I will be doing sporadic bi-monthly releases of chapters.The schedule will regulate when I figure out how to navigate my junior year. Sorry peeps. :notlikeblob::blobwoah::blobxd::hmm::blobastonished::sweating_profusely::blobhug::blobspy:
    Chapter 13| Combining Techniques & Conceited Thoughts

Xia Meixiang continued practicing her Swift Shadow Steps when she returned home, her body flowing through the kata. Xiao Li and Xiao Zhong were a distance away, meditating.

BaoBao, who had been napping until Xia Meixiang returned home, rested in Xiao Zhong’s lap, watching through half-closed eyes.

‘You should practice the Jade Lotus Palm,’ BaoBao yawned, ‘now that you have internalized the Swift Shadow Steps.’

Xia Meixiang executed the first level of the Swift Shadow Steps and glided soundlessly across the yard forwards and backwards. Pleased she took out the Jade Lotus Palms and began integrating the information on the scroll, starting from the first step.

Unlike the Swift Shadow Steps scroll, the Jade Lotus Palm scroll only imparted the first stage. Slowly, Xia Meixiang executed the first palm. A small amount of force pushed from her palm, creating a ripple in the air before her.

Xia Meixiang frowned, and repeated the action again. “Weird…” she murmured, stroking her chin thoughtfully.

The Jade Lotus Palm was supposed to increase in force the more it was executed, but the level of force Xia Meixiang was exerting was barely above the strike of her fist.

Even though it was the first of seven palms, Xia Meixiang was certain it was not supposed to be that weak.

‘What is the matter?’ BaoBao asked her telepathically.

‘My palm strikes are very weak… It’s almost the same as a qi-less punch.’ Xia Meixiang reported.

BaoBao made a humming sound. ‘Try using it in tandem with the Swift Shadow Steps.’

Xia Meixiang made a committal sound and slowly cleared her mind and assumed a fighting stance. In one smooth motion, she launched herself in the first steps Swift Shadow Steps while brandishing the Jade Lotus Palm- First Palm.

A ferocious wave of spiritual force fanned out from Xia Meixiang’s palm, flattening the grass in front of her. Shocked by the sheer force, Xia Meixiang stumbled to a halt, staring at her hands with barely contained excitement.

“Mistress’ palm art is strong!” Xiao Zhong, who had been cultivating until the after-ripples of the technique reached her, said.

Xiao Li, who was also disrupted by the after-ripples, also praised Xia Meixiang. “Mistress’ technique is truly suited for her.”

Xia Meixiang’s lips curved into a smile, and she took two steps back before executing the move again. The force was more weaker, and more controlled, but allowed Xia Meixiang to dash left and right rapidly.

After watching her practice her newfound agility and strikes, BaoBao suggested that she try to focus her strikes on one target to maximize the offensive power of her palm strikes.

Seeking to see the limits of how great her newfound power was, Xia Meixiang practiced her technique again and again, aiming at a lone birch tree situated to the side.

It was in the midst of this intense exercise that Xia Ling-Er appeared.

Perturbed by what she heard from Gu Zhulin earlier that day, after he had saved her from “attacks” from Chen He’s gang of followers, she came to seek out her cousin.

“Impossible,” she snorted, biting her thumbnail in frustration. “How can that pathetic leech be a Martial Scholar already…” Her innocent face was twisted in resentment and anger, completely unlike the usual gentle and caring expression she wore.

Trekking towards the Second Household’s courtyard with her personal attendants by her side, Xia Ling-Er’s actions were blunt and devoid of her usual grace, the only thing on her mind being confirming that her older cousin was beneath her.

After greeting her uncle and aunt, Xia Ling-Er excused herself to seek out her cousin. Her stoic uncle pointed her to the rear of the courtyard, and cautioned her

Not noticing this peculiar mood, Xia Ling-Er followed the path to the rear, expecting to see her cousin struggling. She felt a powerful aura coming from the area, but only thought it was an apprentice guard painstakingly tutoring her idiot cousin. Sweetly, she called out, “Second Older Sister~!”

The figure at the center of the practice area turned abruptly and bit out a curse as the technique they executed rampaged towards Xia Ling-Er.

“Third Young Miss, look out!” one of her attendants pushed her out of the way bracing herself to be struck by the violent force from Xia Meixiang’s palm strike.

Xia Meixiang frowned before retracting most of the energy behind the strike forcefully, staggering somewhat. The brave attendant was only toppled as a result, falling to her buttocks in shock.

She stared wide-eyed at this Second Young Miss. Very clearly she felt the potential energy of the assault, but before it hit her, the power was pulled back.

“Second Young Miss, you dare try and harm our young miss!” accused the remaining attendant in an aggrieved tone.

The young man’s voice was very loud, and very provocative. He glared openly at Xia Meixiang, as if her were a more righteous person rather than a servant who overstepped.

“Insubordinate swine! You dare raise your voice to your master!” Xiao Li’s eyes flashed with killing intent, before he moved. In seconds, the disrespectful servant was on his knees, howling in pain as Xiao Li twisted his arm behind his back.

Xia Meixiang ignored him, instead helping up her paled cousin. “Are you alright?”

“Second, second older sister...what was that?” Xia Ling-Er refused to believe such power could come from such trash.

“The Jade Lotus Palm technique.” Xia Meixiang answered. After thinking for a moment, she added, “I received it from the Martial Skill Hall Master Hong.”

Xia Ling-Er stared at her cousin. “Really?” Xia Ling-Er received the same advice from their older cousins, and as such, sometimes looked through the shelves for red-level techniques in the Library. There were never many techniques that caught her eye after countless trips.

“What reason would I have to lie to meimei?” coolly replied Xia Meixiang.

She turned to the servant still sitting on the ground and offered a hand. “Are you okay as well?”

“Do not pretend to be so magni-”

“You dare question our young miss again?” Xiao Li twisted his arm behind him harsher.

The servant girl seemed to remember where she was and did not dare take the proffered hand. “This servant does not dare tarnish the Second Young Miss with her filth.” She scrambled to her feet and gave a deep bow. “This servant thanks Second Young Miss for her concern.”

“Nonsense, a servant as swift and brave as you, it is my cousin’s good fortune to have you beside her.” Her gaze slid over to the youth being held down by Xiao Li. “Unlike this vulgar thing! Unable to even save his mistress, yet he dares to cry out. Such a thing will only bring disaster to my precious cousin’s side.”

The attendant paled hearing her words. He had truly been too loose with his mouth, ah! Not only had he not managed to do his miss a favor, now the title of “useless” belonged to him. He did not dare struggle against Xiao Li, who was stronger than him, and could only stare at the ground in shame.

“Meimei, next time you are coming to see me, please be more astute. Jiejie was also in the wrong for turning so quickly, but have more care, okay?” Xia Meixiang chastised her cousin, secretly amused in her heart.

Who knew Xia Ling-Er would seek her out to perform such a funny scene. Although she had disrupted the balance she was testing between the Jade Lotus Palm and the Swift Shadow Steps, she felt well compensated by the green color on Xia Ling-Er’s face.

She saw them off, before resuming her practice.

Xia Ling-Er was inwardly seething as she departed. Xia Meixiang that slut was always beneath her, how could she suddenly become so powerful? She herself was only a 3-Star Qi Refining Realm cultivator. How could that tasteless slut get ahead?

She thought of how all the rumors she had tried to start had died before even taking root, a wasted effort. It seemed her cousin had gained a powerful support, but who?

Vaguely she recalled her father telling her that Xia Meixiang would be attending another auction to find a useful technique. At the time, she had been sure it would be wasteful trip, but thinking deeper, she decided to attend by all means.

“Everything you want, I will take from you,” Xia Ling-Er vowed. “My dear cousin, only a bottomless cliff of despair awaits you!”

18. Regalia1896

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 14| The Risks & Rewards of Baiting

The day of the auction, Xia Meixiang stepped off the Xia Family carriage in the company of not only her father, but Xia Ling-Er and Third Uncle Xia Jiaolong. Although the crowd around the Four Clouds Auction House was light, it was only because some patrons were already inside.

Xia Meixiang pet BaoBao, who had accompanied her out today, ruffling its scarlet fur slightly with her ministrations. She stared at the duo with a complicated expression, lighter than the one she had expressed before at the manor, but no less suspicious of the young girl who was her cousin.

Tagging along under the excuse of finding a means to help her breakthrough to the Martial Scholar Realm, Xia Ling-Er had been a talkative and inquisitive companion in the carriage, making Xia Meixiang quite irritated with her fast.

Accompanying Xia Meixiang was Xiao Zhong, who stood taciturn behind her mistress, frowning at the blushing attendant behind Xia Ling-Er.

The other girl kept glancing over at her mistress, and Xiao Zhong did not have a good impression of Xia Ling-Er’s people, let alone Xia Ling-Er. They were all a crafty and unreliable set of servants whose only talents seemed to lie in decoration and being mouth pieces.

After Xia Yuanzhou showed the Xia Family’s Pass to the doorman, they were warmly led upstairs by a blue-robed older gentleman. Xia Meixiang gave the older man a smile upon being seated. He handed them each a list containing the treasures being auctioned away, his smile professional.

“Uncle Shen treats us so well.” After saying this, she motioned for Xiao Zhong to pass his a small pouch with three silver coins in it.

The man called Uncle Shen was named Shen Kong, and he was a senior worker of the Four Clouds Pagoda. For as long as Xia Meixiang had been attending the auctions with her father, Xia Meixiang had seen his amiable face serving their Family’s private box.

“This servant only acts as he should,” Shen Kong smiled warmly at the young girl, accepting the pouch, “Second Young Miss Xia flatters this one too much.”

Shen Kong was considered an existence third only to the auction house manager and the owner. Having worked his way to his position since he was a rowdy young boy, he had seen plenty of young masters and misses of temperaments great and small. Xia Meixiang stood out as one who was both cunning and cool.

When she had first offered him the pouch, she had been only the size of his calf, barely a slip of a girl. He had peered inside, thinking it would hold a candy or a shiny toy, only to find three silver coins, shiny and heavy in the simple silk pouch.

At first, he had thought her father whom she had accompanied, had shown her this trick. Until she returned again half a year later, executing the same move.

Three silver coins was the monthly salary of someone like himself. It was enough to serve his family and have some savings to scrape together for his grandson’s education later. Being handed so much money by a little girl frightened him. He had tried to give it back to her, but she had told him in her six-year-old milky voice, “Uncle Shen cares for Mei’er whenever she is here. Mei’er only wants to repay him accordingly.”

He insisted that she take the money back, but she simply added. “Then if Mei’er may ask, if anything good appears in the auction house, send word to Mei’er.”

Shen Kong had understood then that this young miss from the Xia Family was not a simple girl. Gradually, he no longer felt uneasy taking the pouch from her and would send word to the Second Household when good things appeared on the auction list.

With this transaction, he became a staunch supporter of the Xia Family’s Second Household, forming a good relationship with the Second Household’s people.

Shen Kong bowed to the four people in the private box before retreating outside.

“Second Older Sister,” Xia Ling-Er immediately called. “What do you hope to get?”

Xia Meixiang spared her a glance, before returning her eyes to the list provided. She already knew that there were four items on the list she wanted to buy: the Azure Blade technique, the Purifying Body Pills, the Qilin Lightning Needle technique, and the Fanged Jade Serpent whip. “Jiejie is still deciding what to get. What does meimei want?” she deflected smoothly.

Among the listed items, there was only one that Xia Meixiang felt unconfident in obtaining, and that was the Purifying Body Pills. It was a cliche point that meridians and purity were the key to great cultivation- any fan of Xuanhuan novels would know this. As well as knowing that pills- and their makers, Alchemists- were a rare existence usually belonging to major sects. Rarely did fresh pills circulate outside of a sect.

As such most cultivators put their hopes into other methods to boost their cultivation, such as qi-enriched materials and herbs like the Seven Star Grass her family harvested and refined into elixirs and powders.

Xia Meixiang worried that there would be many people bidding on the pills and escalating the price outside of her price range.

“Daddy, I want this one and this one.” Xia Ling-Er gushed over the list. “So many treasures, ah~!”

“Daddy will get you all the treasures you want, okay. Just pick what you want.” indulged Xia Jiaolong, beaming down at his little girl.

Xia Meixiang paid no attention to them, instead studying the other balcony box patrons from over the edge of her list. It seemed both the Wei Family and Gu Family boxes were in used, though who was occupying them remained a mystery.

Turning her attention to the lower level of the auction house, Xia Meixiang could see some well known experts and rouge cultivators who made their base in the capital city. She saw a figure who seemed eerily familiar to her, if not by face then by description. Frowning, Xia Meixiang leaned closer to make out the figure in the crowd.

“Second Older Sister, have you found out what you want?” Xia Ling-Er’s voice distracted Xia Meixiang from her perusal of the crowd.

Suppressing the urge to hit Xia Ling-Er, she replied, “Possibly....” Seems that I should deploy my bait now and see if she picks it up, thought Xia Meixiang. “After consulting with Elder Sister Lan Yu, I determined I should look for a weaponed technique to practice.” Turning to her father, she asked, “Would it be alright if I ask for the Yuanling Tempest Whip script?”

A complex look flashed across her father’s face. “Mei’er… that is a yellow-ranked technique…” he explained.

He knew his daughter had great talent with a whip. She knew the basics flawlessly, and the tutor he had hired to aid her said her comprehension and dao with the whip were remarkable.

However, the Yuanling Tempest Whip script was something he knew of from his schooling days. It was a remarkably tricky technique to learn, and unless one was willing to scrap their foundation to learn it, there could be no real merit. A classmate of his with great talent for the whip had showed off the first stage once, boasting that it would be his greatest technique. In one month’s time, the young man had deviated his own dantian so severely, he was forced to retreat from the academy in shame.

“I have great confidence that I can achieve success with this one, father.” Xia Meixiang promised. “Hall Master Hong has said he would be willing to guide me as well.”

Xia Yuanzhou looked unwilling, extremely unwilling, but this little girl could convince him to do anything, ah… “Only if you practice under strict instruction from Master Hong, and you purchase your own whip.” he agreed with stipulations.

“Thank you, father!” Xia Meixiang gave a cheerful smile, the picture of excitement and earnest longing.

Xia Ling-Er, from the side, had a look of contempt on her face. In her hands was a Sound Receptive Stone, linked with the one held by Wei Qi Qi, who was in the Wei Family’s private box.

Today, the two hoped to crush Xia Meixiang’s spirit by taking what she fancied. Xia Ling-Er would provide the information and Wei Qi Qi would make a bid. She would drive the price completely out of Xia Meixiang’s price range and make her feel hopeless.

Cultivators researched for months when first taking on martial skills and techniques, as they were the crux of their foundation. A Martial Scholar with no suitable foundation was essentially crippled!

Sadly, Xia Ling-Er did not think her machinations would bear no fruit from there, as Xia Meixiang truthfully had no interest in this Yuanling Tempest Whip script!

This was the bait Xia Meixiang laid down for her “good” cousin Xia Ling-Er. Assessing how much Xia Ling-Er's scheming had grown over the past few weeks was smart but risky. If she miscalculated, she could lose her hidden network advantage.

Using the Yuanling Tempest Whip script as her focus, she was seeing how fast and ruthless this cousin could strike.

Truthfully if given the chance, Xia Meixiang would have practiced the technique. Upon seeing the depiction when her spiritual essence touched the parchment, she had seen a formidable and violent technique. Too bad it belonged to the protagonist’s second harem member, Hua Wei An.

“Second Older sister is truly ambitious…” Xia Ling-Er praised, while inwardly snickering at her cousin’s ignorance.

Soon the auction began, and the first item, a bolt of Tranquil Grace silk came up. Tranquil Grace silk was a unique fabric that was hard to spin. The spinning technique had been lost for over one hundred years, and most garments with even a belt of the stuff sold for 1 000 silver coins more than average. To find a bolt… Either the seller was a truly desperate person or it was a scam.

The bids started with 500 silver and slowly began rising from there. In the end, the bolt of pale blue fabric sold to the Gu Family house for 3 500 silver.

Next was a piece of double bronze ranked armament, a sabre with a deeply curved blade called the Backbiter. Armament experts were like Alchemists, belonging primarily to large powerhouse and sects. Even a piece of bronze armament was priced at 800 silver, let alone a double bronze.

The bidding rose quicker than the Tranquil Grace silk, peaking at 4 000 silver and going towards a Blacksmith’s Association member dressed in brown robes.

Xia Meixiang listened to prices rise along with voices, mentally taking note of who bought what on her list. Finally it came to an item she wanted. The scroll for the Qilin Lightning Needle technique was displayed on a tray and the emcee described it vividly to the audience, boasting its power and majesty.

“Let’s begin the bidding with 1 000…”

“1000 silver!” shouted Xia Meixiang, meeting the emcee's price.

Shortly after her another voice called out, “1 200!”

“1 300!” a new voice called.

“1 500!”

“1 700!”

Bids poured in like a floodgate breaking. Xia Meixiang expected as much and bid a couple more times.

2 000 silvers was the final price Xia Meixiang managed to obtain the technique.

In truth, the Qilin Lightning Needle technique was considered a technique that was difficult to master in regards to cultivation attribute.

Cultivation attribute was determined by birth, and lightning was rarely seen, those with pure lightning spirit roots were even rarer to the history of Fanrong.

In fact, in the recent batch of cultivators conceived in the last half a century there were only three: the Emperor Yun Wu Lian, the Third Prince YunLi Tien, and the protagonist.

The Qilin Lightning Needle technique was meant for those with pure lightning spiritual roots. It was a powerful subduing technique that inflicted large amounts of damage in critical areas.

Still, it wouldn’t hurt for Xia Meixiang to take the technique into her own possession. It was one of the techniques that the protagonist had used to torture “Xia Meixiang” in the novel, and she would rather it be in her hands than his.

“Second Older Sister, why buy that technique, ah?” pouted Xia Ling-Er, curious as to what her good for nothing cousin was planning.

Xia Meixiang gave a small smile. “Eldest Sister is marrying soon. I want to give her that technique as a way to remember. After all, once she marries into the imperial family, she very well cannot look after me anymore.”

Xia Ling-Er accepted that answer as plausible, knowing very well that Xia Meixiang and the Yu Twins were close.

Inwardly, Xia Ling-Er sneered at her cousin. Trying to curry favor with the imperial family to build some face. Absolutely shameless!

19. MiyaMira

Reading List:
    Link
    I really don't understand, what's her beef with MC anyway? And why does XLE's croonies always think that MC is beneath them, when in status and conduct she's even more higher than them :blobangery::blobangery::blobangery: I'm feeling more and more that the reincarnator in the story is XLE, rather than someone else with how she thinks about MC.
    MC is smart. XLE is gonna be a jumping clown :cookie::cookie::cookie: Says that and then you're also gonna want to be currying favor from them too :blobexpressionless::blobexpressionless::blobexpressionless: Seen shameless, never seen more thick-skinned.

Thank you for 2 chapters!

Rurin, Elliana and kurousagi4242 like this.
  20. kurousagi4242

kurousagi4242 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    IKR white lotuses are the worst they hate for no reason like i would get it if the were sisters and she was from a concubine but MCs mom died and stuff cause then she would've learned from her mother and then that'll be a nurture problem but it isn't the case here.

I really can't wait to find out their beef with each other.

Rurin and Elliana like this.