LCD The Records of the Human Emperor

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by gaianova, Mar 21, 2017.

1. piratex

piratex Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From Gravity...
    "Today we're bringing you our fourth novel from the publisher 17k, The Human Emperor!
    Translated by Starve, this novel will releasing at a rate of seven chapters per week."

Very happy about this . I dont think anyone will pick up this if Starve dropped it.

2. Jarrow

Jarrow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am quite happy it is continuing. I am not so thrilled it's with gravity. : /

If QI owns 90% of Gravity, then doesn't that mean Tencent will technically control the english rights to a 17k novel?

3. Wildzhen

Wildzhen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Glad to see it is not dropped. Deep down I had hope it would go on ww tho. Oh well can't have it all I guess.

4. CodeZero

CodeZero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I find the news pretty interesting, albeit kind of surprising as well. I thought the whole reason why Starve wanted to drop it was because they weren't able to dedicate enough time to translate both LoHP and Human Emperor. In any case, good to see that the translation will be continuing and will be done by Starve nonetheless, even if the hosting site ... isn't ideal (not too surprising either, considering the people involved).

5. Shadowdracul

Shadowdracul Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone tell me whether “Zhang Qiantuo” is the guy who betrays Great Tang or is that someone else. And has “Zhang Qiantuo” been mentioned before?
    And who’s the guy that betrays the country?

6. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    No, that's someone else. Zhang Qiantuo has not been mentioned in the translated story until now.

The guy who betrays the country/Empire/Central Plains is Kangya Luoshan. His name was given in the first chapter.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
    Shadowdracul likes this.
  7. Shadowdracul

Shadowdracul Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank You.!

8. AardwarkThe2nd

AardwarkThe2nd (R-18 writer) Aardwark, the king of aardvarks!

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, this story takes place in the Tang Dynasty so it is somewhat based on recorded history, but still I was surprised to find Wikipedia pages on characters.
    After searching around, Kangya Luoshan has a Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Lushan
    Among all people, Wang Chong's grandpa has a page as well: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhang_Jiuling

9. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    While it's cool to see, it really shouldn't be all too surprising, given the amount of information that was given to us in the translator notes about the various characters, like the Sage Emperor, Consort Taizen, Yang Zhao, etc.

10. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    After looking around Google for a bit, I found this map here, which seems pretty good:

[​IMG]

11. gaianova

gaianova Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ^^^ Just to clarify, some of the names are different due to differing time period and spelling (Slightly before the current timeline of the story, to be exact)
    Balhae and a part of Silla later became Goguryeo
    Under Khitans, there's a Xi which I think refers to Kumo Xi
    Eastern Gokturk is the Eastern Turkic Khaganate, not sure where's the west one ~~
    Sindh --> Sindhi. Probably Sindh would be more exact but too late to change now *shrugs*
    Umayyad Caliphate would soon become Abbasid Caliphate under a revolution
    Other than that, can't really see anything else that I recognize

12. Spiritsong

Spiritsong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I ask, because I don't have a full grasp of the novel. (I enjoyed the novel, if I put aside certain things like nationalism, etc aside).

Is this based on real historical events, or taking inspiration from historical events? Because I had this idea that it is based on certain historical events, but yet at the same time it isn't, although the premise of the story is to "break" the destined fate, so at one point the "drawing based on historical events" would be severed, no?

13. gaianova

gaianova Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It would be more accurate to say it is taking inspiration from real historical events.
    There are some events that did happen in history. For example, the one regarding Consort Taizhen—it played a huge role in the downfall of Li Longji (the Sage Emperor).
    For Kunwu Training Camp, I don't think that it's real. King Sosurim is also a fictional character in the story. As for the matter regarding Wootz steel, I am not too sure, but Wootz steel is clearly over-exaggerated.
    However, the event between Zhang Wentuo and the Mengshe Zhao's sovereign, Geluo Feng, is true. However, Zhang Wentuo was described as a true ass in history, it was said that after doing everything, he even insulted Geluo Feng and accused him of treason and stuff. So, I guess this part is up to how you wish to interpret the history.
    Many of the generals are also true. For example, Xianyu Zhongtong, Go Seonji (Gao Xianzhi), Geshu Han, all of these people played a heavy role in protecting Great Tang from various external and internal threats, and their positions are accurate also, I believe.
    I have no idea whom Wang Chong, Wang Gen, or Wang Yan are in history, though Wang Jiuling and his arch nemesis, the old master from the Su Clan, do appear in history, and they are respected figures.

AardwarkThe2nd and Spiritsong like this.
  14. Haiku575

Haiku575 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This story is so good. That is all. :blobpeek:

15. Mercy

Mercy ...

Reading List:
    Link
    Im ch 22 and was Gonna Ask if theres any Romance?(And if yes who is the Girl?)
    Im just asking to the lates ch xD

16. FHandsome

FHandsome Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's none.

17. Mercy

Mercy ...

Reading List:
    Link
    What about the Raws?

18. FHandsome

Reading List:
    Link
    There's potential, but MC only focus save his nation. Well in Raw he only 18-19 still young

Mercy likes this.
  19. Mercy

Mercy ...

Reading List:
    Link
    I know this novel isnt that Much in to Cultivation but i still wanna know...
    Right now on the newest ch whats MCs Cultivation lvl? TNX

Edit:Not on Raws

20. FHandsome

Reading List:
    Link
    Origin tier-9 he want to breakthrough to True Martial