Discussion Devs of PubG throwing a tantrum

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ihave3legs, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    This is stupid, games already have protection when it comes to assets such as art, music and character designs, not to mention the brand.
    Seeking protection for general game mechanics as well would stifle diversity since it would let developers to make lawsuits for anything that is even remotely similar.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
    Westeller likes this.
  2. Kudaranai

Kudaranai                                                   

Reading List:
    Link
    Heard about this, doubt PUBG would go through with the lawsuit tho. It'll only damage their rep despite the good reception they recieved... but people do dumb shit so maybe I'll be proven wrong :blobpopcorn:

3. Demonic Poring

Demonic Poring 『Well-Known Poring』

Reading List:
    Link
    PUBG : killing my teammates with the most lethal weapon : a frying pan

4. Atl92

Atl92 [God] [Devil] [Hero] [Monster]

Reading List:
    Link
    Inaccurate? Sorry never had that problem.
    Stupid crate system? How tf is it stupid? You play matches get BP and buy crates with said BP, how tf is that stupid?
    Also sorry too tell you $30 ain't that expensive idk where tf you live.
    As for glitches I have hardly had any problems with them and according to what I know most of the glitches that popped up have been mostly patched. Hell you even said it yourself it's early access.
    As for them saying Fortnite is a rip-off I personally said in a earlier post that they are overdoing it.

tekinwillie and Furutze like this.
  5. Scandalf

Scandalf ~Blood Raven~

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol normally 30$ isn't expensive at all, true. For games like GTA5, witcher, overwatch, rainbow six siege etc. 30$ is nothing. But for PUBG? sorry, I'd rather play fortnite without dealing with all that bs.
    And you're clearly something like a fanboy of this game because you're in the %25 of the games community who is not compalining about the crate system, lol. dunno if you haven't seen how much hate they got or if you're just acting ignorant to make yourself sound right.
    you say glitches and bugs have been mostly patched right? why is it still early access then? because they can't patch them that's why. They patch one thing, and while they're patching it they somehow fuck up and another bug or glitch appears, that's why it's still early access. Even though its already been quite some time and it already sold insane amounts.
    And what do you mean overdoing it, they either said it or they didn't. what matter isn't how "nicely" they say it, it is if they said it or not. they are clearly implying they are unhappy with fornite "stealing" ideas and players from "them", what does it matter if they make it sound like its not such a big deal. since they even put something like this on the internet then they clearly see this as a big deal and are trying to get people stop playing other BR games(mostly obviously fortnite).

6. TamaSaga

TamaSaga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think what gets most people's goats these days in PUBG is the rampant cheating. Some guy was even streaming a hack for sale a few days (Steam Game Comments - Nov 10 - 7:04 am) after the PUBG developers announced their anti-cheat measures (Steam - Nov 3).

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  7. Mantrazz

Mantrazz The Lord Upgrade D Biggest Baddest Spammer Around

Reading List:
    Link
    Source

8. Tantrum

Tantrum Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why you throw me?!
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Nyarlathotep likes this.
  9. SamGoingHam

SamGoingHam A sports, games, novels fanatic.

Reading List:
    Link
    Its like the Fine Bros trying to trademark the word "react".
    Thinking they made it relevant even though they didn't.

Nyarlathotep likes this.
  10. reanox

reanox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    PUBG is not a copy of H1Z1.. the head of the PUBG team brandon greene basically founded the genre.. he was also the creative head behind H1Z1 and before that some arma mod.. jeez people just hating on the popular again? bitter much? smh

As for their agenda against fortnite.. whatever. It's basically a PUBG for the more casual player. Only popular cause it's free

tekinwillie likes this.
  11. Kysil

Kysil [Progenitor of Sloth][Sloth Demon]

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahahahaha... I'd rather play Minecraft rather than pay for that shit...

12. SAimNE

SAimNE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is some logic in the statement. Lazy copypasta should be cracked down on. But that is that, and this is this. If they think even fortnight is the same as their game... They probably think every upcoming survival game is a copy paste. It's a true statement, but the people making it have broadened their definition of copying FAR too wide.

13. Lemur420

Lemur420 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wanna hear what the creators of PUBG would say when someone claims they just copied and popularized RUST lol

OnigaImasuka likes this.
  14. SAimNE

SAimNE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, it's basically pubg but different gameplay and a different audience.... Wut?

There is more than enough discrepancy to classify it as their own game. I'm not hating on the popular, I think pubg is a fun game. But the creator is being an entitled prick if even fortnight falls under the classification of a lazy copy. It draws inspiration obviously, but they diverged farther than overwatch did from tf2, and overwatch is still a rather different experience than tf2. Fortnight is a VERY different experience.

15. reanox

reanox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah, there's a reason that it's popular. It is a battle royal game which is quite hyped rn, and it's free. Added to that it's decent and there you have the reason for their current success. It's not bad, just different. Still, there's no denying it's basically PUBG casualised

The people here hating on PUBG lol.. I think it's quite a solid game, not game of the year material maybe but still quite good. Just shittalking it because it's hyped to the moon at the moment is pathetic. Quite hipster-esque

16. Vexram

Vexram Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    funny how people call pubg a copy of H1Z1 and the culling when the creator of pubg created the mod those games decided to copy.

i do understand where he's coming from though. i mean, all this copy-cat shit is part of the reason we have so many shitty games now. sure there have been some jewels that came out of doing that but most top games were original ideas basically. maybe had an unoriginal base but had their own unique feel and such.

as for that fortnite bullshit. that was some seriously lazy plagiarism. i mean they basically spent like a couple hours designing a map then took everything else from pubg. (they didn't even bother to change the colors of the circles) if it wasn't for the building mechanic and the cartoon-ish design, and lazy ballistics, it'd be a carbon copy of pubg.

the funny thing though, is Brendon started this with the idea of it being a competitive sport game (like cs:go, rb6 seige, ect), but the fact is the game is far too random to be a pro-league competitive game. the route of the plain is random, the circle is random, and the loot table is random, the red zone is random, and even vehicle spawns are random (they took out the fixed spawns). so much shit that significantly impacts victory is totally random. the plane route, and the circle can be controlled when needed but where specific loot spawns cannot be fixed and the fact is that an entire city has a chance of spawning nothing but the worse possible gear. this means that in an environment where people of equal skill compete, the one that found the best gear is almost guaranteed to win against someone who could barely find any.

17. Too Honest

Too Honest Creature of Repressed Desires

Reading List:
    Link
    I c a buncha crybabies crying about losing the candy they stole from another baby.

He has the position to be "righteous" cuz he is preaching to bandwagonneers.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2017
  18. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Man, I didn’t realize pubg popularized battle royale games. I thought MOBAs had been a thing for decades and pvp shooters were even older, and always stunningly popular. Throw in the overdose of arena-style “survival” games we’ve had lately and I just thought pubg was the latest successful title in a long, long history of “basically the same shit as always.”

Well. The more you know!

Nimroth likes this.
  19. Atl92

Atl92 [God] [Devil] [Hero] [Monster]

Reading List:
    Link
    1.) That's your opinion, not the general consensus of the people.
    2.) As for the crates people were complaining about the gamecon crate which needed to buy a key to open and it is now out of the game, maybe if you payed attention and not be a dumbass you would know tht.
    3.) As for the glitches I can damn sure tell you there are a lot less a lot lot less than there used to be, and as you said Early Access is there to tell anyone there will be glitches, yet they still buy it and complain about it.
    4.) Also if you were intelligent you would understand when I said overdoing it it meant they shouldn't have done that and were trying way too hard to prove something that isn't there. As well I said people shouldn't make a big deal out of it as it won't go anywhere as it's a retarded claim.
    5.) As for me being a fan-boy I am obviously not because if I was a fanboy I wouldn't say what they are doing is retarded hell when the game first came out I had quite a few complaints, but now I like the direction the game is going and enjoy it. So obviously you're one of those douches that think if someone has a different opinion from yours they are automatically a fanboy.