LCD Mr. Nobu’s Otherworld Chronicles

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by ElefantVerd, Nov 9, 2017.

1. ElefantVerd

ElefantVerd It's not me, and it's not you.

Reading List:
    Link
    Mr. Nobu’s Otherworld Chronicles

NU Link: http://www.novelupdates.com/series/mr-nobus-otherworld-chronicles/

Description:
    On the eve of my long vacation, I was summoned to another world, a world where life is valued lightly.

The meddling (former) Demon Lord interfered with the nation’s summoning magic and saved me from a life of war and slavery.

In order to keep the promise of protecting the daughter of the Demon Lord that I will meet three years from now, I will have to make some small changes. Eh? Go big you say? I’m sorry, but I’m just a humble vice-manager of a convenience store, so I’m going to go slowly and start with the small stuff first.

If I steadily go, I will be able to grow and enter “I’m OP!!!” mode before I am noticed. How far can my magic power grow!?

The adventure of Nobusada will begin right now!

Let's have fun reading this...

Translator is Sousetsuka-sensei, and the last chapter published now is 28. Translation is slow, according to Sousetsuka-sensei schedule, or free time, but it's going on and on and on...

Paps likes this.
  2. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well fun chapter, lets see what his master has in store for his growth!!!!!!!

3. Inuzuka

Inuzuka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Presumably he'll use Elemental Magic with his Mana Cladding to make Elemental Punches.

Also, maybe he could unlock new elements by combining existing ones, like Fire and Earth for Lava, Earth and Water for Wood, Water and Wind for Ice, and Wind and Fire for Lightning. Or maybe combine Fire, Earth, Water, Wind and Light into something.

Paps likes this.
  4. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well those are interesting theories rigth there, it would be fun if he developed some kind of close quarter Martial Art mixed with magic like Maken no Daydreamer. By the way why is Tama.chan growing so cute!!!!!!!!:X3::X3::X3: am I the only one bothered by how mutch his household skill have diminished???

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  5. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Interesting new Chapter, the FMA reference was hilarious, and the BL vibes that its gaining my LORD someone ass is in serious danger on that series!!!!!!

6. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    C1: What’s the point of introducing his friend if she’s not going to be summoned with him?

C2: What’s the point of a translator that neither translates everything, nor includes notes to explain the things they couldn’t be bothered to translate?

How would summoning their own heroes help? The new people will all be weak. If the other country is really a threat, then the new heroes will be killed long before they get a chance to develop, and the countries themselves will be slaughtered for summoning them in the first place.

I wonder if his friend was one of the people summoned.

C3: He never said what he wanted the MC to do.

I would be highly suspicious about the fact that he’s hiding in the MC’s eyes. It seems like the perfect place to launch a body takeover maneuver from.

C5: He’s leveling way too fast.

C6: So, if he converts to House Husband, does the system grant him a wife or something? If not, then shouldn’t being married be a requirement to have access to the class? Alternatively, shouldn’t it be Bachelor, or House Husband Trainee or something?

C9: One day, I will read an isekai story where someone, anyone, doesn’t like the MC’s cooking. On that day, I will die of shock.

If he switched his class to Monk, could he baptize himself?

I hope he chooses the goddess of growth and talent to baptize him, assuming it’s an option.

C12: So, you need $320 just to enter town? Ouch.

C14: If it was really that great of an inn, then it wouldn’t have room for noobs. All the rooms would be permanently booked. Well, unless the other inns in town are significantly cheaper than it anyway.

C17: If he wants to learn to use his fists, he should just ask Eleanor.

C19: I don’t see this unset class he’s talking about?

I wonder if Otherworlder’s upgrade is Hero.

C22: He really should have used Fist Fighter for that duel instead of Otherworlder. The class’ skill boost might have let him grow more from the fight, and possibly do a bit more damage. Hopefully he’ll remember to use it when training with his new master.

I wonder if his master will bring in Eleanor as his sparring partner at some point.

C23: Normally I like the bold ones, but this is honestly taking it too far :/

C24: “I ain't not gonna lose next time.” Was this a mistranslation or a joke?

C28: Money is far too easy to get. How does it maintain its value?

C30: Shouldn’t he equip Beast Tamer if he wants to improve Tama?

C32: Did he not get any new classes/class skills when Otherworlder hit ten? And how did his Housework skill drop to 1?

Seriously, he’s making $30k+ a day? How has the economy not collapsed from inflation yet? Or is this just being poorly translated and the total includes the money from the demon king?

C33: Why didn’t his MP go up much when he gained so many levels in magic classes? Also, how did he get the Slave Trader class?

C36: This series feels kinda blah so far. It’s just too similar too many other stories where nothing ever really happens.

7. ElefantVerd

Reading List:
    Link
    I never bothered to do this kind of tracking of inconsistences, or even to compare with the original to learn what was translated.

https://ncode.syosetu.com/n3686db/

Problem is, the series is apparently on a hiatus and the translator releases chapters only in blue moons.

8. Fluffums

Fluffums 【R-18 Researcher】【Seeker of Moe】

Reading List:
    Link
    My main problem with it is Nobu (and the author) seems to have forgotten he's the demon king?

There are a few other issues so far but Tama is cute so I'll keep reading. :X3:

Paps likes this.
  9. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is what sells this novel to me. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA:D:D:D:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

10. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What is with the JP obssession with pedophilia? Sure, technically the age is always well beyond pedophilia range, but that doesn't really mean anything when the author gives them the bodies of children.

That aside, Nobu should give up on that adult figure being her true form. The child body is almost certainly her real one. Even if it's not, it'll likely be her permanent one going forward.
    He's not the demon king though? The demon king just saved him from becoming a hero/slave for unstated reasons.

11. Nyeko

Nyeko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nobusada the loliconda.

Paps likes this.
  12. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see it....I can see the new contracted partner is a Loli!!!!!!

13. Enutas maph

Enutas maph Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Though I agree that the kyonyuu adult figure is not her real form, don't destroy the hope that it is her future figure!
    2. While Nodu indeed is not the demon king himself, he is a demon Lord candidate. (I think, mentioned in earler chapters. A Title.)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
    Paps likes this.
  14. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Calling someone......Hello Saitama, here is a guy claiming Baldies are the stain of humanity...yes just like that, his name???.....Thats easy he is called @DocB.

Enutas maph likes this.
  15. sweed

sweed l.o.v.e.m.u.f.f.i.n.

Reading List:
    Link
    chapter 50

Fuck the author for making Nobu such a weak-minded imbecile! He should've just killed them instead of wasting 2 chapters on them -.-

16. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really enjoyed this chapter, lets see hwo does Nobu manages to guet away from this mess.

17. ElefantVerd

Reading List:
    Link
    So savage...

Paps likes this.
  18. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well matters got resolved, lets hope he finally guest some muchi muchi with the Lamia lady!!!!!

19. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Does Nobu become OP? (at least before the last chappie...and what's with the author abandoning this novel?) Any access to raws?

I initially read before the LCD appeared and it got taken up again..

Paps likes this.
  20. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not yet Op he is growing strong fast but be almost got recketed when the adventures ambushed him. But he is far from a pushover now and the crazy magics he has created have a lot of potential.