LCD Arena

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Yuki, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Yuki

Yuki [Chaos-Order & Space-Time Magician,Owner of Void]

Reading List:
    Link
    Lets Have Fun Discussing Arena

~Yuki

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  2. justjetlagged

justjetlagged WEEZY F BABY

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish this ln was posted a lot more often.

3. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder what makes them believe that they'll always be teamed together? Isn't it just as likely that they'll all be forced to fight each other at some point?

4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    So how do they extract this energy? If its from their corpses, I don't think I could really trust them in the long term.

5. justjetlagged

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's an energy transfer when they come back. In order to go to the realm I'm guessing it takes a lot of energy to move their consciousness, and as soon as they come back they probably release that energy in some form.

Or it's when they're sleeping and they directly siphon energy from the place seeing as it's a construct of some sort

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder what job he'll tell his mom he got? It wouldn't make sense to waste time selling fried chicken that could be used learning to survive after all.

Also wondering if the angel will find them a replacement teammate or if they'll need to challenge the rest of the trails with only four people.

Its sounding like its a physical item that they can, for some reason, bring back from the Arena.

7. Sosseres

Sosseres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Under what assumption would all future trials be team trials with these members? Some could easily be solo trials to stop a single strong member from carrying the entire team. Though I think you are right and it will be team based since the institute said teams have broken up, which means teams are common even on later stages.

8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Even if all of the future trials aren't team trials, at least some of them are given the way she talks about them. Honestly, I think the odds of them having to fight another team are higher than them being given solo trials at this point. Though I could see them being split up with re-uniting being the mission.

9. Golden-Tiger

Golden-Tiger Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What sort of novel is this

10. justjetlagged

Reading List:
    Link
    It's similar to Gantz in premise.

11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if the contestants age? If they do, I wonder if they can spend karma to reverse aging? Are there teams out there that are 2-3 thousand years old? How strong are they?

People who die are sometimes given an opportunity to extend their lives by competing in the Arena. The better they do in each excursion into the Arena, the better the rewards. The better the rewards, the more powerful they become and the easier it becomes to survive in the Arena and thus the longer they get to live. So far, it seems that the Arena is usually a team based affair of the PvE variety.

In between trips to the Arena, they get to live their normal lives as if nothing ever happened to them. This gives them a chance to clear up any regrets they may have about their lives, use their Arena powers to earn money for themselves or their families and train their abilities to improve their odds of surviving the Arena.

Also, it has various game elements if that matters to you.

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish he'd thought about it a bit or looked into his other options before blindly following her suggestions. Especially since he probably could have saved at least some of that karma by exercising for the next two weeks.

I wonder when he gets paid. Is it after every mission or at fixed intervals (weekly, monthly, etc)?

13. craBebe

craBebe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's probably like any other job, bi-weekly (usually).

I get the impression that following the advice of the Govt. agency is probably his best bet. They seem to be genuine about wanting him to succeed in his mission and there are much greater minds than his working full time to optimize his team's situation. I am surprised that they didn't give him some sort of training though, there's a lot of things they could have taught him outside of just how to shoot and physical training.

They should have brought in Bear Grylls to give him a crash course in wilderness survival. Easy ways to weapon craft, shelter craft, tracking, hunting/gathering advice, fishing, combat tactics and planning, COMBAT IN GENERAL (the dude doesn't actually know how to fight). Send him through skirmishes, find him sparring partners. There's an infinite amount of knowledge out there that they could have tried to impart him rather than just, "Oh, you're in good shape and you have perfect accuracy. Welp.. looks like our job here is done, go relax because there's nothing else we can teach you."

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not saying that he should disregard their suggestions, I'm just saying that he shouldn't except them blindly.

Yeah. Honestly, I think he should learn to shoot without Sylph. Just in case he's out of summon time with her during a battle and also because it would reduce the amount of power Sylph would need to waste in adjusting his aim. While he's at it, he can practice reloading his gun. The faster he can do it, the faster he can kill and the less likely it is that he'll enter melee combat.

Bear Grylls probably works for a different country, but yes, various forms of survival training would be very useful and any tips they could give him for raising his main skill without using karma would have been super helpful.

Also agree with you about learning melee fighting. He nearly died last time because he didn't know it and he's got a fantastically over-qualified teacher in his team that would definitely be willing to help him out.

15. craBebe

Reading List:
    Link
    You ever seen The Hunted with Tommy Lee Jones and Benicio Del Toro? They need a guy like that to train the MC. He's basically some ultra-mountain man who taught Green Berets and Army Rangers survival skills and tracking. Could tell people's age, height, weight, sex, and health by their footprint. Crazy voodoo mountain shit like that. I'm sure every country has someone like that, including Korea; and even if Korea doesn't, you could totally contract someone out and fly them over.

And seriously, his entire fighting potential right now is entirely reliant on Sylph. The fact that he seems okay with that is bothersome, he should be able to be accurate on his own and not entirely rely on his summon. Who knows, in the future he may gain access to other summons and will need to shoot without her, not to mention what happens if he runs out of summon time.

The whole "go take a break" thing bugs the hell out of me. In 15 days, he will literally be fighting for his life. That doesn't seem like a time to be taking breaks. Especially since he should be learning to train with his team for no other reason than to get to know them better and improve teamwork, learn some basic formations and begin to strategize. They've only known each other for a week and during that time it was a complete shit show, I can't imagine they even know how to properly function as a team.

You'd think they'd be briefing him on the experiences of other teams, sharing experiences, letting them know what potential upcoming missions might have in store for them. But literally shortly after he's hired, they're just like "go take a break, nothing for you to do." Ridiculous.

justjetlagged and jacobpaige like this.
  16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    They did give him the book. That probably contains the info you're talking about. But yeah, totally agree with everything else you said and I think that they should have set a deadline for reading that book so that he could talk to them and ask questions about its contents after. Hopefully with his whole team present.

I guess we'll just have to hope that he's intelligent enough to do some research of his own on small group fighting/survival tactics or that that sort of information is covered in the book and he actually remembers to study it.

craBebe likes this.
  17. craBebe

Reading List:
    Link
    You'd think Korea would have put together some sort of program for people at different stages in the Arena. Like "2nd stage participants need to learn: x, y, z to level 4" or whatever. Not just:

"Hey, you should spend your karma like this."
    Damn... I'm so good at my job, making that one suggestion completely validates this entire government agency.

Or I guess the MC was just so damn impressive he has nothing he needs to improve on. I blame the author.

18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe they're just used to their teams being recruited by richer countries and haven't manged to really develop their program yet ;)

19. craBebe

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahahaha that would be fantastic, if they find out that they're really the only Arena team Korea has and everyone else has been snatched away.

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure this gun is worth 200 karma, especially if its going to reinforce his dependence on Sylph. I really want to know what's in the shop that he's ignoring for this hunk of junk. Also want to know when he's going to at least think about how to improve his skill level with Sylph if he's planning to make himself even more dependent on her.

Also, he needs to think with his d*** less. I understand that he doesn't have much experience ignoring its input, but he should still try.

Blessing66 and Golden-Tiger like this.