Discussion Shinrei Tantei Yakumo

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by FlowingSong, Dec 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlowingSong

FlowingSong Otome Isekai Reader and Trash ML Hater

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi! This thread is dedicated for the discussion of STY or Shinrei Tantei Yakumo!

FS just started reading this and I think it's pretty good. It's cliche though. Like 8/10 in Cliche-ness. But I think it's well written/translated. Like how it keeps making me try to piece everything together before they actually come to the conclusion of the case. I'm at v3 and it's been 2-3 cases for me :p

Protagonist wise I think Yakumo is your typical tsun tsun and somehow, is like Shinichi Akiyama (err not that tsun tsun part) from Liar game. He's like that guy who knows everything but it feels like he's playing mind games with everyone, sometimes though it's only teasing i think. Anyway he has such a smart mouth and is bossy so much that I think he's going overboard but I guess he has the right to since he is the one who solves the cases. It makes me want to slap him dead sometimes though.

Haruka is the irritating damsel in distress. She's been called an idiot (indirectly anyway) so many times and she does prove to be a reckless person during the first 2 volumes. I haven't read everything but from what I can sense it feels like the only role she has is to get kidnapped then get saved. In v3 it does seem like she's changing. I mean I doubt she'll get kidnap this time around, though if there's anything developing it's her feelings for yakumo >////<).

Isshi. OKAAYYYY. I think he and Haruka would be a nice kidnap pair. Like one always falls down and will therefor get abducted while the other is always abducted for so many reasons. Anyway, I really wish I'd see some improvement with him (I'm only at V3). I don't even care if he falls down so much that one day he dies cause he fell down but I also want to see him with more guts.

Gotou. I like Gotou. He's your typical super hero out of time guy who lives with his principles and refuses to get eaten by the organization (the police is an organization right?) he's in. Guys like this are mostly the ones who get tormented by the smart-ass characters :D

And that's FS opinion.

the_cheater17 and Axia like this.
  2. Axia

Axia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I extremely love that one light novel, but it will be goodbye dreamless sleep. I had nightmares, paranoia, when i sit down i keep on looking at my back, whn i lie down i keep on looking left right below up. Trust me, wished i didnt read them but i am addicted to its light hearted interaction..

FlowingSong likes this.
  3. FlowingSong

Reading List:
    Link
    i know right. It's so cliche but yakumo's past and future is so intriguing! not to mention i really wanna see some character developments.

Axia likes this.
  4. Axia

Axia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, but there were times i wanna kick the dead father, and somehow you only read till vol 3? I binged read everything, took me days but i wished i can unread it, cos i want to read it again..

FlowingSong likes this.
  5. FlowingSong

Reading List:
    Link
    i'm still reading :p err i kinda wanna kick ishii right now. He's such a coward argggghjhhh if he didn't want to go and save someone cause he's foot's stuck in the ground he could have at least let Haruka go and do what she wanted to do.
    *clenches fist in anger*

Axia likes this.
  6. Axia

Axia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh my God.. Dont talk about Ishii that fall down at every chapter parts and scream at "anything". If i am the coroner, i will dissect him first instead of Yakumo.. How can Ishii interested in paranormal when he is so scaredy cat.. Reminds me of Scooby-doo and Gotou is Shaggy

FlowingSong likes this.
  7. FlowingSong

Reading List:
    Link
    yes ahahahaha ~ i wanna dissect go to too or threaten him at least just so he would change a bit and move instead of being a burden.

Axia likes this.
  8. Axia

Axia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    True. I wished he can get better in the next book. And that Haruka sometimes i felt she is a hindrance. There are some part really sad, and some part infuriating, some part i really wish they didnt happen..

FlowingSong likes this.
  9. the_cheater17

the_cheater17 17 is not my age

Reading List:
    Link
    Your opinion make me want to read this LN and actually, as far as I remember, I've watched the anime.
    Hope I have time to read it and watch the drama version too (I just know about this a moment ago).

FlowingSong likes this.
  10. FlowingSong

Reading List:
    Link
    give it a try?

^me at most of Haruka's kidnapping parts.

11. the_cheater17

the_cheater17 17 is not my age

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I will, but maybe next year.

FlowingSong likes this.
  12. FlowingSong

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm shipping ISHIIxMAKOTO

Thread Status: