Question WMW vs age of adept vs wizard world vs a sorcerer's journey

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Pixeldrum, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Pixeldrum

Pixeldrum Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello,I've been running out of some novels to read recently. I stumbled upon the wizard world, sorcerer's journey, and age of adepts

I finished the entirety of wmw, but I have not much of a clue on the other three novels. I read the first couple chapters of each of them, and obviously that isn't much at all. I know that the wizard's world came first, but is it good? Age of adepts, same thing. Is it better or worse than wmw, and is it worth to pick it up? I believe a sorcerer's journey does not have an ai chip, but it is similar to wmw? Anyways, some insights into whether or not it is worth to pick them up is appreciated

2. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    Out of the three Wizard World is the best. . . Not counting the fact that the other two, age of adepts and sorcerers journey, are not currently being translated.

3. AardwarkThe2nd

AardwarkThe2nd (R-18 writer) Aardwark, the king of aardvarks!

Reading List:
    Link
    Wizard World: The 'original' from which WMW's author plagiarized from. Naturally, it is a bit worse. The protagonist isn't outright evil like Leylin, first couple of chapters are spent in some backwater nobility with magic tests, MC is a bit dumb, the works. But the worldbuilding and magical locations are amazing, the horror while meeting ghosts is comparable to actual horror novels and the MC is capable of scheming a bit.
    3/5

BTW I'd recommend Coiling Dragon.

4. Duwei

Duwei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd recommend reading all of them although depending what you looking for Age of Adepts is more advanced and like WMW even though it was based on WW but yhh read all of them if you can tbh they all got their certain flavours

5. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    Read WMW for "smart from the start" MC
    Read WW for "weak to strong" MC

Haven't read AoA and SJ yet.
    But if you like those, you might like Throne of Magical Arcana ( but the author won't explain the cheat (yet?))

6. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    I like age of adepts. Its interesting in a different way to WMW. Wizard world on the other hands meh...
    I haven't read sorcerer's journey

7. StAr EmPeRoR

StAr EmPeRoR Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After reading WMW all the others feel like trash but AA is alittle bit better

blablabla12 and fanobody like this.
  8. fanobody

fanobody Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Age of adepts is like wmw but with a stupid mc and focus on info dump. I did not like the mc but the side character are cool.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  9. Alex Crimson

Alex Crimson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    WMW is definitely better than Age of Adepts, but i sure wish someone would pick it up and finish the translation. Considering the popularity of WMW, i am very surprised that nobody picked it up. Especially considering its not a Qidian novel, so no worries about drama.

10. Warlock Of The Void

Warlock Of The Void Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    WMW is obviously the best of them WW is a little slow with ur typical MC to some extent AoA has a pretty funny MC it has potential but falls low to WMW SJ is Definitely great but is not being tld and has great potential

11. 1021999

1021999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wizard world is the best written. It has the greatest characterization but the main character is a bit lame. Still cool. I felt wmw lacked details and had a general lack of meaningful interactions. I haven't read any of sorcerers' journey.

12. Drake98

Drake98 Concerned Fan

Reading List:
    Link
    i read a couple chapter of them, but none of them stuck with me. so i recommend another novel, CD, Coiling Dragon.

13. LIGHTDX

LIGHTDX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    WMW is the best, no doubt there. Wizard World is not too bad, but i don't feel like the cheat chip there is used properly, the story may as well not have the chip without be hurt. Age of Adepts still has some work to do.

14. ZachB

ZachB Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Harry potter

15. ahmedelgamal

ahmedelgamal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    leave all that and read book eating magician xD