LCD The Devil's Evolution Catalog

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Raneday, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    And now... its the bandits..
    Their journey breeds too much enemies.
    Hopefully, mo ke can absorb some soul this time and evolve..
    The grimore eats way too much already

2. Asf

Reading List:
    Link
    Time to hunt some souls!!
    You need to evolve to 3* mo ke.!!

3. Asf

Reading List:
    Link
    Bandit arc is way too long at this point.
    The author is trying to make another group for the MC in the human world, but we all know he will leave them after he finished meeting his family...

4. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh. So going by the latest chapter, I'm guessing the devil inside him is a Lust Demon while he himself manifested the traits of an Envy Demon. I'm guessing the scale tattoo is their trait? Though considering how MC's seems to be making him more attractive, the manifestation of this trait may have been affected by the Lust Demon inside him. At any rate, according to the Envy Demon's bestiary entry, they get illusions and "dematerialization". Sounds useful for a swordsman like MC.

5. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Welp. All those sex slaves visiting Ancarin and Regine. Seems like they're set towards forming their own coven of Mo Ke-worshipping witches.

6. catatopatch

catatopatch Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Announcement regarding Devil/Marquis

First off, chapter releases will done in the morning-afternoon instead.

Second, Devil's Evolution Catalog will be bumped down to a secondary series in favor of Marquis of Grand Xia. The reason for this change is because the author, for some strange reason, decided to change the novel from a story about magic/swords/devils to a Sci-fi/slice of life/video games novel(C530+)...

For now, the series will only have 2-3 releases a week till the latest arc has finished (half to 3/4 done by now). I'm not sure if the author intends to keep this change so I'll wait for the duration of one arc.

If he keeps the changes after the end of this arc, I'll abandon the series since I really really don't want to translate a half-baked novel about Sci-fi/slice of life/video games + devils/magic/swords/lolis/harems.

For me at least, devils and the medieval setting form key aspects of this novel. I'm not sure how he plans on reconciling this strange decision later on but I honestly don't see how it can end well.

Long story short, if he abandons this idea after one arc, I'll treat that arc as non-existent and merely summarize it once we get there. If he persists, then Marquis will most probably become our main series.

Raneday and Asf like this.
  7. Asf

Reading List:
    Link
    Welp. If the author really keep the half assed plot then might aswell the whole summary early..
    Im totally fine with being summerized till the ending
    Video games development looking at their world now do really blow my mind. Since it have zero connection at all. Lol

8. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems abrupt.

9. Legion_Harbinger_of_Souls

Legion_Harbinger_of_Souls Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    seems?, Anyway...why...just why like Christ, it's such a complete overturn of the plot it's like getting halfway through a Xianxia novel and all of a sudden it turns into Shokugeki no Soma, that said if he continues to persist with Such a foolish idea then yeah I agree with the summary

10. NeurogamiPrime

NeurogamiPrime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am ok with this. i was having fun with this novel at the begining, but around the time of them getting to the chapel and failing to save the pregnant devil, the story got painfully boring. i was able to keep reading until they got to the human world but this whole arc with the bandits was making my mind go numb.

11. catatopatch

catatopatch Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :hmm:I think the author realizes the bandit arc sucked as well from the title he used for one of the chapters.

12. falcon92

falcon92 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so what happens?
    did the author still persist on the sci-fi/slice of life/video games setting after that arc?

still deciding if I should continue reading this novel?

13. WolfeKuPo

WolfeKuPo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    considering they kinda went back to the level of releasing chapters from before they posted that, I would guess it went back to how it was before the change in genre

falcon92 likes this.
  14. konrad2

konrad2 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And so at the present situation
    Mo Ke evolved into Four Stared Fallen Angel and is now triple sin apointed apostole of Lust,Envy and Pride also Purgatory Overlord
    , his team mates from prision of dead are in Abaddon creatinng their own popwer fraction and also Ancarian is doing these same in Western Human Relam.
    Nicole is now joined organization witch hunts evil creatures whice exist in western human relam after she known information about Mo Ke being killed by devils.

15. nightcore34

nightcore34 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like where the story is going but currently I still want Mo Ke to join those guys left in Abaddon. At the very least, if he cannot join them in Abaddon, I wish for them to come to Purgatory.

Seems Mo Ke really has a knack for finding subordinates. Those left in the human realm have already made some kind of "church" for him.

Unrivaledfury likes this.
  16. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It'll be a while yet before Mo Ke figures out how to travel to other planes from the Sable Residence, especially considering no one knows anything about how to do so. So Mo Ke's current best bet is for his cultists to summon him. Won't they be surprised when they see him. That dark elf occultist seems like she could hype him up if she knows about angels, to say nothing of him bearing 3 original sins. Now if he only had the strength to match his lofty status.

17. Unrivaledfury

Unrivaledfury Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    AUTHOOOOOORRRRR!!
    All tragedy tragedy tragedy... When will he reunite with Habib's and others? Why didn't he ask Lucifer the way out?

18. Unrivaledfury

Unrivaledfury Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Expect another tragedy or pain in the ass plot twist.

19. konrad2

Reading List:
    Link
    well this is picture of our new female character dark elf whatever she was named ...

20. konrad2

Reading List:
    Link