Discussion A question for you "Fate" fans involving Japan's largest dog breed (Tosa Inu).

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Kadmos1, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    fast.animenewsnetwork.com/images/cms/interest/125943/newyear_ufotable.png

OK, so I don't follow the Fate franchise (if I was, I would be watching most of the titles and reading the manga. The collective Fate anime episode and movie count is 150+). However, the thumbnail is what got me.

The dog in the picture is Tosa Inu*, a Mastiff-type breed whose home city is Kochi City, Kochi Prefecture. It is a dog fighting breed where they get 2 males in an octagonal ring/chamber and they essentially do doggy sumo. I like the breed, but hate the deed. It doesn't help that dog fights have strong ties with the yakuza.

Here's my question: what does the text on the dog's ceremonial robe say (such a robe can cost $30K+).

*An article about the Tosa Inu and dog fighting can be found at newsweek.com/2016/09/09/japanese-dogfighting-494843.html. Some sensitive photos.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  2. Beer_Kitty

Beer_Kitty Just a very very drunk kitty that likes beer

Reading List:
    Link
    1. I dont see any pictures.
    2. I only know shiba inu.

3. isekaishousetsu

isekaishousetsu Karakuri Pierrot

Reading List:
    Link
    HF Now Showing?

4. Kadmos1

Reading List:
    Link
    @ahuramagina: Then try this link and scroll down to the ufotable thumbnail: fast.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2018-01-01/happy-new-year-from-the-anime-world-2018-part-ii/.125943.

On Japanse dogs: Shiba Inu are the most registered dog breed in Japan (including native Japanese breeds) whereas the Akita is the most famous and perhaps most revered (I think Hachiko had a big role in that) but the Tosa is the biggest.

5. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

6. Kadmos1

Reading List:
    Link
    For those wondering, the "ANN_Lynzee" is the Twitter handle of Lynzee Loveridge, a Managing Editor and columnist at Anime News Network.