Novel Yuusha Isekai! Youjo Suki! [Ch 1-152]

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by eharper256, Jun 28, 2017.

1. eharper256

eharper256 Purveyor of Dubious Medicinal Elixirs [since 1885]

Reading List:
    Link
    CHAPTER 87
    ONCE MORE ONTO THE BREACH

A cackling Violet hands me a bag of ice, from a magical cold-water device, which I promptly put on my cheek. It stings. Ouch...

"Hehehe... well that was entertaining, boy. Serves you right. I told you it was a wuss solution." She laughs.

I try to glare at her, though it probably doesn't work, as my eye is puffy at the moment.

"I guess I'll never understand women." I sigh.

Violet raises an eyebrow and sneers.

"Lad, one does not kill by tapping a monster with the tip of the blade until it dies. You must run it through. And only ponce boys try to put order and rules into fighting. It is fighting. The only rule is death."

"What do you mean?" I ask.

She grins. It seems she is being strangely talkative after it seems I provided the inn patrons with morning entertainment. They sure are a fickle bunch, but I guess watching a grown man being beaten up by half a dozen pre-pubescent girls is slapstick of the finest quality.

The girls are now discussing something together in hushed whispers on a corner table, away from my earshot.

"What I mean, boy, is what they were trying to tell you as well. Stop hesitating. Stop quantifying. Stop justifying. Take what you want, but if they want your attention, they will let you know. Just listen. Gods, if more men actually listened... wouldn't that make the world a better place?"

I gape at her.

"So... I shouldn't hold off in just doing what I want? That seems like it..."

I trail off as Violet stares at me, deadpan. 'Might be unfair' is what I wanted to finish the sentence with, but I get the impression that is the wrong answer.

Yeah... so, I'm the master of a harem of lolis, right? Being a snivelling apologist should be reserved for British politicians. What should I be?

Firm, clear about my desires, not just a passive flirter, but willing to snatch what is mine and protect it.

I've been shaped so hard by modern earth that it really shows. Let’s face it, we're all stuck in a society where a man is completely restrained. A whiff of anything more than flirting, and sometimes even just that, is enough to get the sexual harassment police and social justice warriors on our case. Especially for nerds and otaku like me.

But this is a place where I can still be true to my desires.

It's such an obvious thing, but it's still tripping me up and I'm still skirting round like I could be arrested at any moment.

Appreciate my girls. Listen and act. Stop taking half measures. Take what I want.

I take a deep breath and stand up. Violet grins at me.

I stroll over to the girls. My legs quiver and my thunder spirit is not helping with the jitters. But I'll do this.

They all stop and look up at me. I hesitate briefly as the words churn in my head.

"Girls... I am sorry that I didn't think of you, or even what I was doing. From now on, I will try to be clear about things and stop apologising needlessly."

They all look at each other.

"For starters. I won't tolerate you sabotaging each other. Secondly, I promise to give you all attention when you want it. I'll demolish the arbitrary schedule. And thirdly..."

They all gulp in hesitation, and so do I. Well... I gotta start somewhere so...

"Aria. Today we're going out on a date. Get ready to go." I try my best commanding voice.

Aria goes wide eyed and opens her mouth.

"Errr... you... want to..."

"I want to go out with Aria. You're my summoner... and you like me... and yet... do I really know that much about you?"

She gapes.

"We're in the city for a few days this time waiting for that guildmaster. So, why don't we do this? I want a good relationship with you all, so this is what I want to do. We'll start again like this. I'll go with each of you in turn."

"Um... hehe... it’s weird having Nii so assertive... but I don't dislike it... eh wot? Wot am I saying..." Kiku starts chittering.

Both Kaede and Rishya smile.

"Mmm... bravo, boy. That's a better start than before." Seria adds, nodding.

"Nn... I'll go..." Aria goes meek and blushes, tapping her index fingers together. Adorable.

"You look adorable today, by the way. Now come on, let’s go!" I say, grabbing her hand.

She blushes more. "Y-yes, g-got it! But..."

"But what...?"

"P-please let Rish heal your face first!"

The girls burst out in laughter.

Oh...

2. eharper256

Reading List:
    Link
    CHAPTER 88
    A DATE TO REMEMBER

Hal-Castemour is an interesting place. Even though both it and Jeraldine are coastal cities, this has a different flavour.

It's subtle, I suppose. The smells of spices and fish are a lot more evident here. People crowd in different places. The buildings are made with a different stone, whiter. Ships of all shapes and sizes wrestle with the local cove.

And it has, to my surprise, a bustling beach market. Jeraldine, the city, was built around sheer cliffs and a roaring river, but this has a glistening white beach, like some kind of resort. It certainly would be drowning in tourists back on Earth.

And here I am, being one of them. And look, I am being a riajuu here too, on a date with a pretty princess. Should I go die?... haha...

She really is a stunner. I knew it from the start, but... well... her silver hair waves in the sea breeze, as she has a hand to her head, looking out over the beach wistfully.

Although, typical for Aria, she then basically inhales a meat roll, stuffing it into her cheeks and looking like a hamster, a trickle of gravy running out of her chops as she gulps it down.

I snicker, then pop a finger on her chin, swiping the gravy on it, and then licking it off.

She almost backflips over the dividing beach wall in shock.

"E-Elijah whuwhuwhat areyoudoing!" She cries.

"Mmm... delicious" I say.

She squirms and blushes furiously.

"I... you're gonna give me a heart attack! And indigestion!" She exclaims, balling her fists.

So cute. I ruffle her head.

"Ngh... this really bold Elijah is weird..."

"Do you hate it?" I ask, withdrawing my hand.

"N-no... I..." she looks under her silver eyelashes.

Then she burps in a hic.

I snicker and she moans...

"I'm a-already s-spoiling this though..." she sighs under her breath.

"Why do you think that?" I say.

"W-well... I'm bouncing around and stuffing my face and its! Its... really not being much of a lady, and men like that on dates and its really..."

"Aria. You suck at being a lady. And you're an idiot." I state.

Her lip quivers and she looks about to cry.

I just laugh.

"But that is what makes you unique!" I exclaim. "You're a musclehead and a beauty all at once. It's such a wonderful thing! And any man who can't see past that... to this glorious, burnished diamond that you are, is way more of an idiot!"

She gapes, and then she starts crying gushes of tears. Ah man... there’s a lot of crying lately…

I grab her in a hug and rub her back.

"Hic! I thought! ... I! Fought that you... might... hic... hate me... c-collecting all these other girls... that I... was just... just... just the s-s-summoner to you. That I... that you..."

I look into her big crying blue eyes as I rub her back. Her tears stop.

"You really are an idiot." I smile. "And so am I, I guess. I am guilty of not appreciating you enough... and I've caused this. So, in all..."

She suddenly looks up to me, purses her lips, leaps on her tiptoes, and presses her mouth up to mine.

Just a short one. Nothing like that weird dream. But a smooch none the less. She tastes of gravy.

She then shies, and leaps away from my grasp as I'm shocked.

"Hehehe..." she snickers. "I kissed onii-chan...!"

My nose wants to explode from the cuteness.

She then puts a finger to her mouth and licks her lips slightly, looking under her eyes. It's a mature gesture more at home on Seria, but that only widens her wonderful dissonance.

I realise then, and so does she, that it seems we caused a bit of a scene among this bustling crowd. There is laughter and cooing.

Aria goes bright red, and then, shockingly, grabs my hand and starts running.

It's a good job I'm fitter than before, else her super strength would have had me dragging along like a wheeled suitcase.

"Hahhh..." she exhales. "I-I think I'm safe now. Oh gods! I did something so embarrassing in public!"

Apparently locking arms with me yesterday was fine though.

I snicker and ruffle her head again and she pouts.

We're still in the market outskirts, which bleeds into one of the seaward streets, but it is indeed quiet here. Our only witness is a now a merchant man grinning from behind his stall here.

I feel a very mild sense of danger, and I suddenly realise why. His stall is of jewellery, and we likely scream 'next mark!' to him.

"Good sir, madam! Please peruse my wares! Finest jewels and metals!" He calls, realising I'm looking over Aria's shoulder to him.

Well... I guess it wouldn't hurt. Aria's hand is still in mine, so I start to drag her for a change.

She blushes as she realises what is going on.

Although it is a collection of mostly baubles, there are a handful of really nice pieces here. One particular necklace catches my eye. It is probably only iron, but it has a string of small lovely sapphires in teardrop shapes. They're the colour of Aria's eyes. I pick it up and turn to hold it up to her neck.

"This would look fantastic on you, I think. We got a few Myriads to spare now, right?"

Aria suddenly goes insanely red and fidgets.

"E-ELIJAH!! Y-you...!! Do you realise you...!! Right now you...!!!" She cries out.

And then strangely... all of a sudden, my danger sense soars like a surging tide.

I instinctively try to dodge something, pushing Aria back suddenly.

The necklace flies into the air, spins on the spot.

And my hand... falls off.

The sapphires burst into the air, but like a whip, the metal of the necklace then shoots right at me, stabbing me right below the shoulder, just above the breastplate.

Blood splatters Aria's face as I cough up something and fall, my stump of an arm flailing.

Ha... even when gaping in horror, she is so cute.

I literally don't understand anything.

Except the pain.

I scream out a choked wheeze. My eyes roll back, and I pass out.

----
    Well that's certainly not a date to uh... forget in a hurry... :blobdead:
    But yeah, naturally, small offshoot, one witness, two targets. Of course Barbatos would attack, eh?

3. eharper256

Reading List:
    Link
    SIDE AB
    DEAD RECKONING

Elijah is... onii-chan is...!!!

I am stupid so I don't understand...

But my old instinct for battle kicks in anyway, and I sweep my head to the right.

I narrowly avoid losing my head to metal that flies at my neck...

I backflip, forcing myself away from Elijah's falling body as he screams and hits the stone in a cloud of dust, and his hand rolls off down a nearby alley.

I want to vomit.

Some blood runs from my neck, and I realise that merchant has met the same fate I nearly did. His entire stall has turned into a forest of blades, crucifying him.

Suddenly, a shimmering shape lands in the alley in front.

It looks like a man... but... the mirage fades. Horrifyingly, the face falls off, and a strange illusion ends. Wings and claws appear, greyish skin, but slender and curvaceous. A demon. It makes a 'tch' noise, and two longswords erupt from its palms, literally made from swirling liquid metal.

Metal Mage! Assassin! Elijah! Oh gods! No! You can't kill him, not after I just! He was!

I don't have my spear. None of the others are!

I instinctively try to grab a metal pole of the merchant’s stall, but it literally smacks my hand away, now under control of this demon as well!

Stupid mistake. I barely avoid being gutted as the swords rake my leg. I jump left, left, right. I swing a punch with all my strength, almost falling over, but it goes wide. Being this close is not my speciality, like Kiku and Kali.

I need to kill the demon! Now! Elijah will die! I will die like Cadence if... I need to...

I need to be even stronger!

I've just found joy!

I can't let it die!

I trip. The demons blade finds me at last, running me through. I cough up something.

It's just too sad! Help! I need to protect him! I love him!

'The level two bond has been activated. Inverse protection bond request has been acknowledged. Aria Jeraldine will receive statistical enhancement. Stand by.'

What does that...

I suddenly feel so strong. The pain goes away. Even despite the sword impaled in me.

I stomp forwards, still skewered, blood and drool running from my lips that had just tasted Elijah. That mouth of mine is now locked in a rictus grin.

I grab the demons face with a shimmering fast swipe.

And I squeeze.

I hear a crack. Teeth shatter and the demon squeals in alarm, dropping the grip on its blades and barely forcing itself away. Blood runs from its eyes and mouth.

The blade pulls out of me, beckoned by the metal mage, but I snatch it as it flies from my stomach.

Barbs shoot out the blade, piercing my hand, but I care not. I simply ram it forwards.

The handle of the blade surges forwards with such force that it breaks the demons arm that gets in the way with a resounding shockwave. The handle bends and snaps off in a ping.

The barbs disengage from my hand, and the blade, apparently horrified at its own actions, drops away, reverting to a useless, bent, slab of metal.

The demon, now hyperventilating in panic and staggering whilst vomiting blood, leaps away, bouncing up the wall.

Blurring with speed, I nonchalantly grab the pole I couldn't before, and as the demon reaches the rooftop in escape, I fling it like a javelin.

It reminds me of the time Elijah valiantly threw his bottle at the Skull Beast.

The impromptu javelin is slightly off, sadly, and only runs through the demons left leg, but they almost fall off the roof again. They scream, and pulling out the pole, jump out of my sight.

They still managed to get away from me, huh? I could easily jump after them, with how I am now. But never mind. Elijah. I must save him.

I don't know how I got there. But here... the Furious Stallion. My senses are so fine that I detect Rish upstairs. So, I ignore the door, and just leap straight through the second-floor window from the street, blowing aside the shutters and straining their hinges.

Rish screams, and Kiku draws a sword.

"W-What!? A-Aria!?!?" She cries.

I drop Elijah and his severed hand in front of me.

"Save... him..." I plead. Tears are flowing from me in waves.

'Reverse Protection Bond is expiring. Please stand by.' echoes in my head.

Power leaves me, and I collapse, like a doll bereft its strings.

Save him. Please.

I pass out in a pool of my own blood, sweat, and tears.

------
    Time for Aria's moment of Badass!

4. eharper256

Reading List:
    Link
    SIDE R2
    THE LIGHT’S SAVIOUR

"Quickly Kali, put them on the table! Kiku, Seria, retrieve my bag and ask Violet for some thread, some Ghostfruit Liquor, and boiling hot water!"

All of the girls stand around gobsmacked.

"LADIES! DO YOU WANT THEM TO DIE!? MOVE IT!! GO!!" I shout.

My forceful shout gets them all moving.

To be honest, I'm also panicking, but the time I trained in the surgeons with Master Manato has weathered me for situations like this. It's something all light mages do.

Elijah-sama... Aria...

I get to work the second Kali puts Elijah on our table. I unhook the breastplate and drop it aside.

Ah... not good. A large puncture wound. It was diagonally angled inward to hit his lung. The blade is broken inside. This is a priority.

The hand... at least it's cleanly severed. We have a bit of time on it if we stop the blood.

I tear off my sleeve and rapidly wind it round the arm, cutting off the blood flow.

I then look at Aria. She has passed out from magical exhaustion. But I was scared shitless when she arrived. Her hair was glowing white, and her eyes had gone even bluer than usual. I had to halt a second to recognise her.

She has been stabbed in the stomach. That needs to be a priority too. The leg and hand and neck lacerations have already clotted a bit.

Seria dashes up to me with my bag. I think of needing my needle and scalpel, and they appear in my hand as I reach inside.

I tear off Elijah's tunic.

I hesitate very briefly, because, after all, I have just ripped the top off the man I like. My heart is beating furiously, seeing his muscular chest. Not a warrior, but fit nonetheless.

But there is no time for that. Surgeon first, swooning maiden later.

Kiku arrives just in time to drop a bowl of steaming water and a bottle of liquor next to me. It kicks me out of my reverie. I notice Violet hangs in the door frame long enough to peek, snorts to herself, and closes the door behind her.

I throw off my gloves, and douse my hands with liquor before washing them in scalding water. I drop the needle and scalpel in as well, and then pull them out.

Kiku gasps and chitters as I plunge the scalpel into Elijah's chest. I cut around the wound, and lever the broken metal out carefully.

"One of you, wash your hands in that water and get me a plate!" I shout.

Seria does so, holding out a plate that we had some fruit on. I drop the metal there with a ‘tink’.

What in Sendervil's name? This... this was once a choker or a bracelet or something?

Seria then hands me thread, so I quickly thread the needle, and stitch the wound closed.

I move over to Aria, and roll up her top and throw it off. I gasp. This... how is she alive from this!? And she carried Elijah back as well?

It... is clear she was run clean through with a blade. There is yellow bile here. But... it has already started healing. It is still an angry scar, of course, and blood is still leaking. I stitch it just in case.

I roll her over and check her back. The same thing. Caked with blood, but...

I massage the area. Her organs are not good. How was she magically healed straight away?

So many questions...

I clean it with alcohol and water and one of the pillowcases. Not ideal, but it will do. Now the hand.

I grab Elijah-sama's hand, carefully realign it to his wrist, and stitch it loosely.

"Michael!" I call. Seria moves to get my staff, but that’s not needed. He flies off the sofa into my grasp, nearly hitting the Sage.

Now the hard part. I place my hand on Elijah's, feel the wrist. Light spirits burst around me.

//Late//Difficult//Issues//Blood//Gone//

"No way! We'll do this!" I cry out.

I push myself up to him, like I'm snuggling. Let my mind meet his. My heart meet his. Let me see the wrist in my head. Let me see the lung. We will rebuild it all. It cannot yet have forgotten how it once was. Will... make... it whole...

The entire room swamps with light, causing Kiku and Seria to shy away. My eyes glow golden. I know they are right now.

My view becomes that of inside Elijah's mind and body. Shards of his memories touch me.

My heart raves, because I love him, and this... this is so intimate. So close.

There! You, lovely wrist! You, wonderful lung! You remember how you were, don't you? Don't you remember your master? Be that way. It is the way you are meant to be. Have my light, my love. Be as you are meant to be.

Be... as you are meant to be!

The flesh is first. It is always the easiest to convince. Then the skin and the blood tubes. And last, the bone, the sensing strings.

It is done.

With my mind still part of his, briefly, I twitch the little finger, and it moves. I force his lung to take in a breath, and his chest inflates next to mine, I feel in my breast.

The light fades, and I am rejected, recoiled, cast out from the mind that is not mine. It makes me saddened and cold... but I must go.

Everything returns to normal, and I breath sharply, hyperventilating from the strain.

//Rishya//Power//Great//Much//Smugness//

Yeah Michael, I get it.

Without doubt... that was nearly a miracle. The barriers that love allows you to overcome, eh?

I don't want to move from his chest. But I must.

I grab the remains of the ghostfruit liquor and take a shot. Two shots. More. It runs from my lips as I gulp it down. My throat burns. I want to vomit. The kick is crazy, but I feel the spiritual energy surge into me.

Before I become a useless drunk, Aria is next.

We will bring them both back from the dead. The void shall not have them! I promise!

-----
    And Rishya's badass as well!
    Last chapter until after xmas, but I hope you enjoyed the rapid surge up until now!

5. eharper256

Reading List:
    Link
    SIDE BKA
    FAITHFUL HOUNDS

I fall on my face.

What the fuck in the name of all of Kanestus' joy was ~that~?

The rain starts. A monsoon right now is the last thing I need. I fucking hate this human shithole already.

Breathe.

The assassination... I failed.

The princess. What the fuck was that!? I have never...

Her fucking eyes. Her fucking grin.

I have never been scared of a human in all my life. But that... that cannot have been human!

Is this a new ability of the bloodline? It can't be. Why didn't that other princess use it when I killed her, in that case?

I cough up a massive splatter of blood through the gap in my teeth. I heave repeatedly.

Black bile as well. Not good. It’s probably the arm. It’s totally shattered and bent at a scary angle. The bone will be infecting me.

Blood is crusting my trousers too. My leg is crippled. I don't even know how I managed to get to this old bell tower in the slums.

And my face! My lovely face that my lord said was beautiful! Ruined!

I see it reflected in the puddle from this dripping roof and recoil. Hideous.

I will not even be able to put on a new visage like this, and pay for human healing.

I feel weak and faint. I vomit.

More black bile.

No...! Don't fall asleep you stupid whore! Move it!

I pull myself away from the splurging rain in a crawl.

The... brooch... I must get a message to my lord... at least...

I croak. My tongue is numb and tastes of blood and vomit.

No... first... must see to wounds.

I take a black potion I stashed here. An emergency elixir. It is void given form. Demons do not have the light. We cannot make it appear often.

I... I don't want it... it will remake my flesh... but it is necromancy. It will dull my senses forever. I will have to struggle against the call of the void every day, lest I become a mindless apparition.

I... must do it. My lords plan must work. He must know of this princesses’ power at least.

I quaff it in one gulp.

I squeal and bang the stone with my good leg. It burns! It is evil! It wants me to die! It... I must! Tame! It!

I cough up more blood as I feel my insides die a little. Something seizes up and I get cramps all over.

But my body heals a bit. It fills with unlife, gradually.

The pain is incredible.

So, I pass out.

I try to jump up as I suddenly regain consciousness. But I fall flat on my face again.

Why can I no longer feel my legs?

I panic... I should be right as this calming rain! Part zombie maybe... but able to move!

There's no way my lords’ potion failed! No way!

"Mmmm... gravefellica dust, yes?" A voice says. "A terrible thing. Master hated it... and yet he kept a portion close to his own heart. To stop it when he felt it necessary, yes?"

What?

A hand grasps me by the hair and yanks me up, and then throws me on my back.

A human girl with purple hair. More scary blue eyes!

I recoil.

Ah... the Etranger's assassin, how did she?

"You are wondering how I found you, yes? It is not hard. You left quite a trail. The rain made things tenuous in the end, but my intuition paid off, yes?"

I try to move my lips, to shout, to curse, anything. But my tongue is numb, my throat paralysed. A strange choked noise is all that comes out.

"Hmmm... not even able to speak? Perhaps I used a little too much, yes? Strange... Ah...! Of course! The dead flesh you now have makes it more effective! How negligent I was, yes?"

She smiles wistfully and shrugs as if to nonchalantly say 'my bad'.

"Oh well... I have plenty enough evidence that you have left here, yes?"

The girl shakes her head, and pulls out a piece of paper. My lords letter! Get your hands off it!

"Why ~ever~ would you keep the letter of your assignment...? Ah... right... you love him, yes? I suppose I have realised recently that I can relate. How peculiar, yes?"

I thrash, hissing.

"Now, now, miss demon... should I call you Barbatos...? As I'm sure you're aware, being in our line of work, it’s nothing personal, yes?"

She taps her cheek and raises her eyebrows. I can’t even manage to hiss now.

"I find, after all, that this is still strangely easy. This broken blade is probably not fit for Nii-sama. Alas... but my love is still blinding, yes?"

She grins. It is the last thing I see as my sight goes dark. My head flops and my tongue lolls.

"Ah, yes... even your head is partly dead now, is it not? The gravefellica will now kill you. Goodnight, miss Barbatos. Send the demon lord our regards in your next life. Me and nii-sama will be coming for..."

My hearing becomes a whine. I feel so slow.

I think perhaps I am spasming. But I can’t breathe.

Blood is running from my eyes again. It is the last thing I feel.

My lord. I am sorry.

Please. Save the world. Reach your dream.

I will not be able to see it with you.

If only... I could just...

------
    Kaede is pretty scary at times...

6. eharper256

Reading List:
    Link
    SIDE S2
    ARCHMAGE’S HYPOCRISY

The rain is getting pretty serious outside, and I can feel the wind and water spirits having a jolly of a time.

This place is known for its changeable weather.

It reminds me, I wonder if the Sage of Water, Miranda, is still around the coast here? She never had a tower like some of us, preferring to ply the coasts in her little boat. Mad cow.

Kaede and Kali left somewhere. I wonder what they were up to?

Kiku, meanwhile, is pacing backwards and forwards, running a rut in the floor, like a husband worrying over their wife’s first pregnancy.

Violet is staring at her and getting an eye twitch.

"Mmm... Kiku... you might want to sit down." I say.

Kiku suddenly stomps over to me, and is in my face.

"How can you not care about Nii!!!" She exclaims, covering me in spittle.

Gross. I flick her forehead. She recoils and cries out.

I just give her a flat look as she glares.

"You idiot sword-brain. Of course, I care. But right now, panicking will do nothing. We must trust in Rishya."

The light coming from her was so intense that I almost vomited. It was so much that it started to suppress even my ancient thunder spirit. I dragged Kiku out as well. Too much positive light energy is just as much anathema to life as the Void, and our job as supplementary nurses was over at that point.

But considering the state of the boy and the princess, I guess it was the minimum required.

Kiku sighs.

"Um... sorry, Seria. I'm always snapping at you."

I snort, and pat her shoulder briefly.

"Following the usual pattern, next you'll be questioning why I'm forgiving you as usual." I chortle.

She looks morose and gives me a wry smile.

Violet sidles up to us, and her hand lands on Kiku's shoulder like a claw, giving her a start.

"Oi, sapling. I'm giving you a lesson. This way. Now."

"Eh wot? B-but!? Waiiiiittttt!"

She is literally dragged away, making me laugh.

Violet is evidently trying to distract her.

Well... now would probably be a good time for a lesson in any case. The inn is dead; and given the rain, will probably stay that way for a while.

I pull out my spectacles and notes again and start some more scribing. Half an hour passes without me really even thinking about it, just copying notes by rote from memory that I've taught students a dozen times.

Hah... look at me... even I'm working for the boy's benefit.

I stare at the rain.

I rub my nose and balance my quill there briefly. I smile wryly to myself.

What a hypocrite I am. I swore. I swore three years ago.

Never again.

I can't forget the day I had to kill Alice. It was a day like this.

She was such a strange girl. Her mother brought her to me. She had survived being hit by lightning, so her entire village swore she must have been blessed by Kinah himself.

Honestly, though, I could see the fear in the mothers’ eyes. She was relieved when I accepted to take Alice away. Alice herself said nothing and didn't object. That should have been a sign.

Blonde, spindly and slender, a little malnourished, with dark blue eyes concealed by a long fringe. Almost generic. But she had the highest thunder affinity ever. I tested her five times.

It was even way higher than mine, off the regular scale of recording, nearly twenty quarts, almost lending credence to the idea she might have had the first blessing of Kinah in many centuries.

And meek. Eager to please. Reminding me of my own young self.

I truly thought I had found the next Sage.

It made me a little sad, thinking my time was clearly coming to an end. But I then realised, with a start, that I had been alive for nearly two hundred years. It hadn't sunk in until then.

The problem with unlimited potential is always, always, hubris, however.

I was so distracted by finally having a brilliant student that I was slow to realise her corruption.

Did I ever check why? Why she might have been outside in a storm in a place able to get hit by lightning? Why she looked so malnourished when she first arrived? I didn’t.

A day came where she snapped.

She never left the tower, but I could sense it. Thunder strong enough to tear heaven asunder.

I don't think anyone else in the country ever figured out why the village of Dewtonn, population 546, literally vaporised one stormy night, wiped from the map.

I think the official record says something about a forest fire. Which, indeed, also happened.

I did it with a heavy heart.

But a Sage has to be detached, a symbol of balance, learning, preservation. A mass murderer with unlimited strength and a mind for vengeance against some perceived wrong in her past is not someone I could, in good conscience, pass the crest to.

So, I killed her. The one I had started to consider my daughter.

I thrust my hand into her bosom, chanting the dispelling mantra, and crushed her spirit dead.

I will never forget the look of hate in her eyes as she vomited blood all over me. That look stayed until the light faded from them. The only one who had ever supported her… had also betrayed her.

So, I swore to myself. Never again. No more students. No more imbuements. This power is something that should die with me.

Such a hypocrite.

Suddenly, Rishya staggers down the stairs, almost falling over, breaking my reminiscence.

I leap up and stop her collapsing.

"Ahh...? Why did you do yuuuur hair in eighttt tailzz, Serrrii... hic! I did it! I'm fucking brirrianttt, aren't I, Micaaarlll..." she slurs.

She belches delightfully. The poor girl... she had to drink all the liquor?

I ease her away from the stairs. She face-plants the nearest table, and immediately starts snoring.

I let out a sigh of relief, and pat the drunk on the shoulder, making her mumble about Aria.

Another blonde prodigy, this one is. Funny how these things happen.

But you never hear of light mages going on a rampage. Probably because the light spirits only help those with true intentions of love and kindness.

I sit back down to scribe whilst keeping an eye on her.

Hmmm... doesn't this mean the boy and the princess are now alone together?

Well... no matter. What happens, happens.

------
    Seria, too...

7. eharper256

Reading List:
    Link
    CHAPTER 89
    THE MONSTERS WE BECOME

NSFW

I suddenly take in a gush of air. My chest feels heavy.

What the hell?

It's getting dark outside. Rain is hammering incessantly on the shutters, which are rattling, and there is the smell of... a strong alcohol?

But I'm not hungover? I'm back in the bed of the inn for sure... but why is...

I get a memory.

Oh my god.

I was attacked!

My right-hand shoots up involuntarily. But there it is... right as rain. It's whole. I flex the fingers. They all work. If anything... the hand feels ~more~ energetic than usual. I press my chest, where I was certainly stabbed. Nothing.

I surely remember the agony. I'm confused. How did...?

Something groans next to me whilst I try to figure out something.

Suddenly... I realise why my chest felt heavy. A sheet rises up, and beneath it, almost like someone preparing to be a cheap Halloween ghost in a sheet, there is Aria.

She is naked, yawning whilst rubbing her eyes groggily, and as the sheet slips off her back, I get an eye-full, even in the dull light.

It's truly a thing of much beauty. Porcelain and Silverware.

"Ngghhh... onii-chan... you're..." her eyes go wide. "You're alive!" She exclaims, and leaps at me.

She nuzzles her whole body up against me furiously, and a scent of much appeal enters my nostrils, her flat chest grinding against mine.

"Onii-chan! Elijah! Ellliiijah!" Some light tears spill off her.

Well... if little Elijah wasn't awake before...

It seems I literally cannot restrain my body from automatically hugging her.

Her faces rises to stare, looking very wistful, and mature.

Her eyes are narrowed, and she starts to blush furiously.

"Erm... you're naked..." she gulps.

"So are you." I smile.

"Ah." She blinks. "T-then I just... you just saw... and now... Uuuu..." she starts to look upset as she squirms in my grasp, and her leg brushes something.

"Erm... onii-chan... Isn't this w-what you would call a d-dangerous situation?" She queries, her lip quivering.

"I'd say so." I nod.

Funny how my heart is my throat but I can still talk in such a level tone.

She doesn't pull away, though. She looks aside for a moment. She gulps, and sighs the biggest sigh. Then she turns her head back. She looks resigned, takes in a deep breath and lets it out.

Then her face lurches forwards.

Her tongue invades my mouth clumsily as she shoots her arms around me and squeezes.

An old instinct kicks in, and I kiss her back, furiously.

"Mmmmmpphh!" She mumbles, as I intertwine her tongue in mine.

I let her lips go. A line of drool briefly connects us.

"Pahhh!" She exclaims, and stares me right in the eyes, her face the colour of a tomato.

"T-this... this is how you get all the girls... is it?" She splutters.

Her blue eyes and blushed cheeks are surely the most beautiful thing in the universe right now.

"Well... you got me." She smiles.

I devour her. Like the monster I have, at last, become.

"Uuuu... I feel so sticky..." Aria moans. "But..."

She nuzzles up to me affectionately, and I kiss her again briefly.

Then she leaps away, almost like she was dodging an attack. She suddenly looks shocked.

"Ah... Father... Leanne...! They'll be rolling in their graves!!" She squirms and backpedals.

"And... however will I explain this to the others!? Where even is Rish?! Uuuu..." she panics as she paces. She is still naked.

"You're only ~now~ thinking of this?" I grin.

"S-shut up! I'M STUPID, OK!" she shouts. "I... I got caught in the moment!! Uuuuu..." she face-palms with both hands and grasps her face, looking humiliated as she peeks through her fingers.

It's mega cute. I kinda want to ravage her again.

"P-put some clothes on, Elijah! Quickly like! We need to erase the evidence!" She splutters, staggering back and grabbing up her top from the table.

It's basically red from blood, even in the twilight. A medical scalpel that was left on top of it clatters off, and she drops it again.

"Ah..." she stops.

It's getting dark now, the rain has turned to a light pitter, and downstairs is quite loud with sounds of people eating and engaging in merriment. So, I turn on the lantern in the room, and stride up to her.

"You protected me, right?" I say. "What even happened?"

"I... I don't know." She stops, still staring at her top.

She looks back at me.

"After the demon... it was a demon assassin... after they..."

She looks upset, so I pat her bare shoulder. She shivers.

"I should be dead... I didn't have my spear... I tried to fight but..."

Her hands run to her bare, sweaty midriff.

"But they won..." she gulps.

"But then... I... I couldn't... I thought I couldn't let you die... and a voice spoke to me... reverse... etranger... protection... bond..."

Oh.

But before I can think to check the status of either of us, the door slams open, showing a casually dressed Kiku in an apron, breathing rapidly from a panicked run.

She looks up, and her big green eyes stare at us, getting bigger and swimming. A Seria wanders up behind her shoulder, and sighs in exasperation, putting a finger to her forehead.

Oh.

8. eharper256

Reading List:
    Link
    CHAPTER 90
    AT REST ARREST

Kiku quivers and looks about to pass out, as I am stood in the room buck naked with a similarly attired Aria next to me. Doubtlessly we look rather shiny under the lantern light as well.

"Oh shit... Nii's... Aria's... Ayayahyahhh!"

Before Kiku can finish her boiling teapot impression, Seria clouts her round the ear and drags her out, shutting the door.

"Boy, princess, you need to get out of here. There are some guards here to arrest you on the suspicion of murder." Seria says from behind the door.

"Whaaaaaat?!" Aria exclaims.

"If anything, I was the one murdered." I snark.

"Save your jokes, boy. Hah... and get some clothes on for Kinah's sake." Seria continues.

"Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck" Kiku continues under her breath like a curse.

"Yes, they were, Kiku. Now shut up and calm down."

"Awahhhhh..."

The bullying part of me wants to see Kiku's face right now.

But... what? I'm now a fugitive? If Seria didn't mention murder specifically I would have assumed the loli police had caught up with me after all.

However, apparently that proclamation was enough to get me moving, as I'm automatically getting my pants on.

Aria, though, has not moved.

"Elijah, whatever are you doing?" She asks me quizzically.

"Err... getting some pants on so we can escape?"

Aria sighs, slipping on some panties.

"Hello? The girl you were just making sticky is a princess, duhh! I don't have to abide by the law."

Oh.

"Err... even on murder charges?"

She sighs, pulling a noble dress suddenly out of Rishya's little tote bag. That surely shouldn't have fit in there.

"There will be some tiresome protocol, but in a vast majority of cases, I have diplomatic immunity throughout Jeraldine. Although… I feel slightly bad making more work for Leanne. In any case, I'm innocent. I might have felt strange, but I was in control of myself. The only one I attacked was the demon."

I let out a breath of relief. Yeah, I guess we don't have anything to worry about.

"Ugh... my only concern is... it is... ugh!"

There is a pause as she grimaces and steps around strangely.

"It is?" I bite.

She glares.

"...It is how I will be able to friggin' walk properly in a dress when it feels like I'm full to bursting! You asshole!"

Ahaha... oops... maybe I let loose a bit hard.

I grin goofily and she just slaps me round the head.

Aria is pouting as we descend the stairs. I take her hand to help her down.

As reported to us, there is a group of guards in full livery hanging around the bar. The atmosphere in the place is subdued, like they are directly suppressing people's fun, but even the rain and this event hasn't stopped the place from resounding with the clinking of plates and forks.

People dining look up to us as Aria descends the stairs. After all, she is trying to go for a big spectacle here. She boasted to me that normally, even if she sucked at most courtly things, she had mastered 'the walk'.

Apparently it’s very similar to certain spear kata, though, so I don't know if this really constitutes much of an achievement.

Her pout suddenly changes to a resplendent smile as people look at her, and I can't help but feel jealous as she clearly instantly charms some of the men in the room.

I feel like swooning again myself; it’s very much like she has gained a whole new slice of alluring maturity. I guess a girl really does change when that happens.

Funnily enough, I spot Rishya snoring at a table right near us, and Aria does as well, getting a brief eye-twitch before her mask returns.

I'm fairly sure I owe my life and my working hand to her. She was clearly working hard to help if she became that exhausted. I think Aria realises that as well. Maybe I'll give her a kiss later.

The guards stop slouching at the bar. Although they're obviously immaculately well equipped, they don't seem very professional, and I don't sense any danger from them.

"Ugh... how sloppy..." Aria whispers to me as they saunter over.

"Weeelll... it looks lik..." The lead one starts.

"Is there a problem gentlemen?" Aria interrupts. "I do hope there is good reason for this interruption, which I remind you, could be considered a breach of the law of official secrets and treason towards an heir." Her regality is quite impressive at the moment.

The lead guards lip curls into a snarl. He nods back to the lanky man in the rear, who pulls out a scroll, clears his throat, and reads in a loud voice.

"Under the authority of Viscount Charles Remus, Princess Aria Jeraldine, you are to be detained under the third law of noble injunction rights, for the suspicion of the murder of Isaac Remus, third son of Charles, in cold blood."

Aria actually quivers but stays firm. Wait...

"And what evidence do you have of this?"

"Several eyewitness accounts link you to the scene, and note you carrying a body in broad daylight through the streets. To an inn which is rather near the wharf, where his body was found washed up an hour ago."

"Ah..."

They cuff her with shackles.

"Wait!? Aria!?" I exclaim.

"Hehe... ah, sorry Elijah. That would perhaps be one of the exceptions. Even if I am innocent." She grins sheepishly.

"That...! That body was me!" I shout.

Aria shakes her head furiously, but the guards shift glances to me.

"Is that her knight?" The lead guard asks. "Hmm... well, cuff him too!"

Move directly to jail. Do not pass go, do not collect 200 loli's.
    ----------
    Surprise! It's the police! (lol)

Isaac, in case you forgot, was the rubbish D-rank mercenary drunk, that Barbatos killed to take his face. Unfortunately, he happened to be important, and the guards have got their trails crossed.

Also, poor Kiku is still being bullied... :(

9. eharper256

Reading List:
    Link
    SIDE KAKL
    ESCAPE PLANS

Steam ripples off me as I complete the last of the kata of the gliding Meenaora. It makes my blood boil, pump hard, and run with clarity.

I feel like I'm diving off the top of a mountain, soaring down into the desert to snatch up my prey. It's a good feeling. A strong feeling.

And even though I am stood in driving rain, excited fire spirits dance around me, making the rain boil away.

Mother always said that the fire of the Meenaora should be irrepressible. This is one of the core teachings of the art. And whilst many take this as a philosophical lesson about never surrendering and remaining stoic in the face of adversity, there is a more literal aspect to it as well.

Hah... it made me forget my woes for a moment.

Elijah and Aria in such a state. I could do nothing besides using my brute strength to put them on the table. I left, unable to bear to watch little Yuuzu at work.

And then... with the princess. I suppose I don't know why I thought they wouldn't already be that intimate. I should have realised when he didn't have much qualm about sleeping next to me.

Husband sharing is a normal thing... but I must be a weird one since it still feels odd to me.

I had to get out of there again. And training furiously in the courtyard of this inn was all I could do both times. I must have become quite absorbed though, because at least an hour has passed.

I stroll back around to go in the inn's front door.

But then, half a dozen guards walk out.

They are escorting Aria and Elijah along in shackles.

How... very odd. What did I miss here?

I crouch in a shadow to watch, and try to sneak between alleys and obstacles to follow.

The rain has become a light sprinkle now, but it is still steaming off my gauntlets and greaves, so I am not going to be very stealthy.

However, I don't think caution was necessary after all. These guards seem like lazy cravens. The patrol force of this city is strange like that. There are some clearly diligent and competent members, like most of the gate guards, and then you get groups like this that are all pride and swagger, but couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag, never mind challenge a real combatant. I wonder why the princess seceded to them?

I lose sight of the men whilst in thought. Whoops. No matter. It is clear they are going to the central white tower. No need for Kali to follow more.

A shimmer then appears next to me, and that sneaky thief girl appears from it. Kaede... wasn't it? The one who cried alot this morning.

"You are a poor sneak, Kali." She chortles.

I shrug. "Kali feels much same. Strong girls meant to punch things. Delicate work for men, usually."

Kaede gives me quizzical smile.

"Ah... not that Kali thinks Kaede in wrongs for job. Kaede clearly made to sneak and kill."

She blinks and sighs.

"Is wrong?" I tilt my head.

"No, Kali." She smiles. "I was thinking how brutally honest you are. Made to sneak and kill, yes? You are quite right. A broken blade cannot be re-forged that easily."

This girl does like to wax philosophical for some reason. Whatever is she on about?

"In cases any, what is trouble caused now by Elijah and princess?" I wonder out loud.

"Ah, they have been apparently arrested on murder charges. Some noble law and some circumstantial evidence means the princess had to agree. Nii-sama just happened to be there, yes?"

"Surely much nonsense. Aria too much loving of people to kill randomly." I state.

"Yes, quite. I believe there has been a mix up. But Aria appeared with her white hair. The demon had a similar colour."

It was a demon?! Was that what attacked the two!?

"Kaede saw demon? It one hurting Elijah? Kali wants to punch it!" I shout.

I guess I'm ultimately a simple girl at heart.

She blinks.

"Ah... my apologies. I tracked it, yes? Aria had already wounded it, so I finished it off."

I didn't notice it before, but now she holds up something she was carrying. A bag, but strands of white hair are poking out, and the bag is stained with blood.

I see. She has already assassinated the assassin. How efficient.

"I believe bringing this to the local lord, along with its assignment letter, should be quite sufficient evidence to prove the princess and nii-sama innocent, yes?"

I blink.

But I then think of something.

"Hmm, plan not bad, but needs other thing." I state.

"Whatever would that be?" She queries, tilting her head.

"Authority." I pat my chest. "Me, Kaede are here random nobodies. Snob guards ignore. We should get help."

Kaede's brows crease.

"Perhaps you have a point... but then whoever should...?" She starts.

I pat her on the shoulder.

"Kali already knows well perfect person! Let's go!"

10. eharper256

Reading List:
    Link
    CHAPTER 91
    WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT JUSTICE?

Well, here I am, sat on a stone bed in a jail cell. I bet mother would be proud.

I've been stuck here quite a few hours now and I guess its probably early in the morning. At least I've had some free eye candy, with Aria decorating this otherwise drab and depressing cell.

And actually, worst comes to worst, I should be able to escape. I was searched, of course, and stripped of my breastplate and most of my things, but those guards were pretty awful, and didn't realise there is a secret tiny pocket in this tunic I got from Douglas. I have one vial in there. It's just the case of setting light to the wadding somehow, and standing well back from the iron gate.

Aria is pacing and I haven't told her this yet, though.

Its fine, however, as there is still a guard directly outside looking uncomfortable and tired. We probably can't make a move immediately, but I'm sure this guy will be changed soon.

"So… Aria?" I speak. I don't really care if the guard listens. She turns to squint at me.

"Why is this case different? To me, it seems like circumstantial evidence." I question.

She sighs.

"It's the specific law. A relative of his is dead. Even a hint of a testimony in this case requires a review. So they can legally detain me. Damn that frog faced asshole!!"

"Arara... please watch your mouth, Princess." A voice appears from outside the cell, giving me and her a start.

Jeez, is this guy a ninja? Surely not, considering his size. His face has flaps, and I can certainly notice the resemblance to a frog. A fat bulldog, maybe, if you were being kind.

Aria recovers, bows, and says "I... apologise, that was crass of me, Viscount Remus."

She didn't sound very sincere.

"I see the rumours of your lack of manners are actually not exaggerated." He sniffs. "Arara, it is such a waste of your lovely face..."

He leers his eyes all over her, so I instinctively step in front of her.

"Arara, what a rude man. Who would you be? The princess is not old enough to declare a knight protector."

Aria suddenly grasps me in a hug from the side.

"He is my lover, naturally." She smirks.

He recoils in horror and I consider the same. Is it really a good idea to tell this man that, Aria? However, a part of me also feels very smug for making her mine.

"You..." He glares at me.

Well, cat's out of the bag already.

"Yes, me. I'm Aria's lover. We had plenty of fun just before your guards came, actually."

His face scrunches and looks hideous.

"In any case, ~Viscount~ Remus, you cannot restrain me here. I am innocent." Aria states, emphasising his title.

"Ararara, I can, in fact. My guards say you killed my boy, Isaac! I am truly distraught in sadness." He snorts.

"Please. Isaac was a drunk waster and you know it. You disowned him, and it was through sheer chance he went as long as he did!"

Wow, she doesn't pull any punches as usual. His eyes light up.

"So why the hell would I need to kill him? He'd clearly top himself anyway in a few years, you fat old sod!" Aria rolls her eyes.

He snarls and chomps down. Well... he may be competent in state-craft, but he is easily taunted.

"How can you know how a parent feels, you whore!" He shouts.

"Perhaps I will know sooner than you think, seeing as I am a whore." She calmly snarks in reply, snuggling up to me with a grin and placing her hand on her midriff.

Yikes. That was an amazing response but it did remind me how irresponsible I was earlier. He starts shaking furiously.

"Bah! Bitch! You can rot in there until you d..."

"You will cease your threats to an innocent, Viscount. I will personally inform the council of your actions if you proceed down this route." A commanding female voice suddenly pronounces from down the corridor.

He swerves around, looking furious, but then suddenly quails.

Someone I didn't expect appears.

"Ahem! Ararara, it seems I lost control of my tongue, Countess Cairne. I was surely contemplating releasing them." He stutters.

"Then perhaps I will overlook your potential treason. I have considerable evidence which frees these two from suspicion. You must release them." Kurono states, puffing out her chest.

Wow. If I didn't already know she was a raving lesbian after Yuuzu, I might have fallen in love.

The Marquis has an eye twitch, but turns to his guard.

"R-release them." He splutters.

"Ararara. Now, countess, I hope you truly have evidence worth our t..."

Out of nowhere, there is a slight whistling crack noise and she literally smacks a severed head on the table in front of her in this study. I jump. Holy frack!

The Viscount Remus also nearly falls over backwards.

Right, yep. Of course. Void mage.

The head has white hair and greyed skin, with strange greyer patches in places. It has small horns and is crusted in blood from the eyes and mouth.

Oh. This was the demon that attacked me? What killed it?

Aria recovers quicker than the viscount.

"Urr... yes. This is the demon I was fighting." She nods.

Hmm. Strange. This one is different somehow. Despite the damage I get the feeling it was almost pretty, once. Urk! What am I thinking about a severed head!?! I want to vomit.

"Ahem! S-so you have the head of a demon... my guards would never let such a thing..."

Kurono slaps a letter on the table.

"The letter of assignment from the demon lord Cultivator. He speaks of this ones shape-shifting and infiltrating Hal-Castemour. I had a scholar of demon languages confirm this. Feel free to have your own man look at it. Any further objections, Charles?"

His mouth works like a blowfish.

Well that was something. I'd like to slam the desk and shout 'TAKE THAT!' whilst summoning blue speed-lines and pointing my finger. But I think the reference would be lost and I'd just look like a dumbass.

Thanks Kuro-chan! I guess my tenure in jail was short after all...
    ------
    This will be the last chapter before the new year. Have a nice one!

11. ChrisTheAwesome0

ChrisTheAwesome0 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the new releases

12. eharper256

Reading List:
    Link
    SIDE KA2
    A KILLER CANNOT LOVE

Perhaps my concern will be un-needed. But I can't just sit around and trust like Kali can... like the others can after we told them of the plan.

So... here I am, in the evidence room. Infiltrating a guards’ barracks is actually one of the most challenging assignments. Not because they are all vigilant, because that's rarely the case, but because these places are built without much place to hide, and because the relaxing guards all stop to have a chat. Sometimes, a lack of professionalism is far more of a burden to an infiltrator.

I will now have to wait here until the congregation has broken up outside. I barely made it.

I stare at the shelves.

There it is: Nii-sama's breastplate and leather gauntlets that they took off him.

I can't help but wander over to them, even though my vigilance states I should wait and listen by the door.

I look at the breastplate. It still has a bit of dried blood on the top from where that demon Barbatos stabbed him.

Realising this rattles me.

I... I... don't like what is happening to me.

When Aria was crashing through the shutters and he was missing a hand... what did I do? What was my first thought?

Yes, of course. It was to kill whatever did this. I was afflicted with such rage, terror and sadness.

To be honest, I could have found the demon much quicker. The trail was obvious, and my old self would have simply stabbed it in the back whilst it was unconscious.

But...

I used Gravefellica Dust. I didn't even hesitate.

I gave it the cruellest death possible. It had used a Voiding Potion in an attempt to heal itself, so the dust was only more effective.

Gravefellica grows on graves, hence its name. It absorbs Void spirits energies over its life, and combines them with its own corrupted Wood Spirit. It is a highly magical plant. But mixing the aspects of death and growth makes for a horrendous killer, far worse than the Terrimarr.

It paralyses the muscles, bursts the capillaries, induces necrosis in the flesh, dissolves the bone marrow, induces seizures. The whole nine klecksels. It is so terrible that assassins frown on its use. It is far too obvious that it was an assassination. And cruel to boot.

And yet. I used it. Relished in it. Taunted it as it died.

It had hurt Nii-sama.

But at the end... when it was thrashing and whispering under its breath and crying.

I wondered. Am I so different now?

No.

I beheaded the demon in fury, sawing it off with my wakizashi.

But that only made it worse. I spent a long time crying to myself in the rain.

I pick up one of the vials he uses to make things explode.

Nii-sama.

You are such an asshole.

I was a blade for a reason. A blade doesn't have to think.

But now I am thinking all the time. Wanting to join this stupid race for his love. Wanting him to rub my head affectionately. I tried so hard to ignore it, to stay away, to not do what the others were.

But he keeps making me confront myself.

And I do not like what is there.

Now I can think, I can remember.

The faces.

I have killed nearly three dozen people for jobs before I met Nii-sama.

When I was a blade, I could forget. But no more. The sounds especially have started to haunt my thoughts. The crack of bones. The thunk of blades. The gagging and thrashing from poison.

Like vengeful ghosts slipping through the cracks in this sword that were made by this new feeling of love.

Didn't Kali say it? I am made to sneak and to kill.

So like smashing a square peg into a round hole, my armour is being broken and sheared away.

Master may have been the worst asshole in the world, but we were trained this way for a reason. The fragile psyche of young girl cannot co-exist with that of an assassin for hire.

I cannot fall any further. I don't know what to do if I become more emotional.

The only solace I have now is that I am well aware that Nii-sama slept with Aria. If he focuses on her. Then maybe. I can be rid of this. I can cope.

Suddenly, the door begins to open.

Stupid! Wasn't paying attention!

Fortunately, this is one of the few places I can hide, so I do.

Spying from the corner, I see a guard come in retrieve Aria and Elijah's things.

I hear Aria's voice in the doorway. Perhaps my worry was pointless after all.

I sure do worry alot these days...
    -----
    Kaede is becoming a bit unstable, isn't she...?

13. eharper256

Reading List:
    Link
    CHAPTER 92
    MONSTERS TOGETHER, FOREVER

We reclaim our confiscated items, and complete some release paperwork. Turns out we were locked away for a good seven hours.

"I didn't realise you were a noble, miss Kurono." I state.

"Hmmph. It's not something I publicise. I'd rather not bother with the whole mess, but unfortunately I'm the only surviving member of my lineage."

It sounds like there's a story there. Actually, if I'd have thought about it, the signs were there: the standoffish attitude, the fact she was snappily dressed even in a dungeon, the whole demeanor in general.

"Well, in any case, you have my sincere thanks." I say.

"I don't want your thanks. Eww. I was doing this because Kaliasta came and asked me a favour. Now stop talking to me." She states.

Kali did? Huh...

"I guess there are some Elijah-proof women..." Aria snickers to herself.

I sigh.

"Aria, it's not like I'm trying to get every girl I see." I say.

"Could have fooled me, ~onii-chan~" she smirks.

I pinch her nose and she giggles.

"Ugh... can you please restrain your flirting until we're outside. Gods." Kurono berates us.

I shrug to Aria.

But we make it out the main doors at last, guards saluting to Aria.

It's kinda weird that one of the towers is used as the place of governance here.

It’s bright from the rising sun as we exit, making me squint, but I guess I should have anticipated a glomp from Kali.

"Aniki!" She nuzzles me.

Aria sighs and rolls her eyes, but seems to allow it.

"Ugh... you too Kali?" Kurono groans.

Kali detaches from me and glomps Kurono.

"Sorry Kuro-chan! Was relieved. But muchly thanks! Have a kiss!"

She pecks Kurono on the cheek and then leaps off her.

"Ah... well... I-I guess you can be forgiven... hmmph!" Kurono blushes.

She has it bad, huh? I snicker.

After thanking Kurono again, we leave her and start to walk back to the inn. Apparently the others decided to stay put there.

"Did you take out the demon, Kali?" Aria asks. "I'm fairly sure I did some serious damage to it, but I had to let it go to save Elijah."

"Kali like credit, but honest it be Kae-chan. She tracking across city and stab? Asks her better." Kali responds, shrugging.

Kaede, huh? She assassinated the assassin? Ironic.

"Where is she, by the way?" I query.

"Left whilst waiting for Aniki?" Kali shrugs again.

Hmm. I wonder where she went? That reminds me of something else, though.

I stop and re-identify Aria.

ARIA JERALDINE
    LVL 11 PALADIN
    THIRD PRINCESS OF JERALDINE

----------------

HP>> 63/63 (=STR+END)
    MP>> 14/14 (=INT+PER)

12 YEARS OLD

----------------

Strength 17 (+20)
    Agility 18
    Endurance 16 (+10)
    Intellect 5
    Perception 9
    Charisma 22 (+6)

----------------

<<Hyper-Strength II/E>> (Explosive strength gain unbefitting of actual physique, +20 bonus Strength. This bonus is +40 when Reverse Etranger Protection Bond is active, but also replaces all other active and passive strength bonuses in so doing.)
    <<Combat Fitness I>> (Long martial training regime, gives a +10 bonus to Endurance)
    <<Spearmastery IV>> (Great expertise with polearms, +7 Strength and Agility when using them)
    <<Blessings of Sendervil>> (Can use Light Magic, Healing Magic, and Blessing Magic using Charisma rather than Intellect as key statistic)
    <<Heal I>> (Healing Magic, costs 6 MP, Heals 25 HP)
    <<Bulwark of Purity +>> (Blessing Magic, costs 6 MP, negates the next physical impact on the target entirely. Constant use has improved efficiency.)
    <<Spear of Sendervil>> (Light Magic, costs 11 MP, Imbues spear with power of light spirits. Explodes on impact to deal additional radiation effects.)
    <<Noble Blood of Jeraldine>> (Grants Silver Hair, Indigo Eyes, +6 Charisma)
    <<Courtly Pariah>> (Has mostly failed/refuses to learn etiquette. -12 Charisma in noble settings.)
    <<Summoner of Etranger Elijah>> (Level 2 Bond- Love for Elijah allows her to borrow his statistical enhancement as the reverse Etranger protection bond, giving her +15 to all stats. Consumes 1 MP per minute.)

Woah. Talk about changes... her spearmastery and base stats totally went up and she levelled for sure, and got that new light spear skill. But borrowing my stat bonus? That's what it does. No wonder she became powerful all of a sudden.

But the real crazy is her updated super strength in that mode: I mean... she probably loses, what... up to 22 strength as it replaces the other bonuses, but then its plus frickin' 40. So she is at triple power at that point!

Not to mention, if we assume 10 is fairly average (I apparently had 7 before and I was missing the gym alot in my old life), then that 57 total is bonkers. That's like world's strongest man level. All packed in a gorgeous petite woman.

She looks at me with a shudder.

"El-li-jah... you need to stop peeking on girls like that!"

"Oh, oops... I didn't think you felt it before." I smile bashfully. "I wanted to confirm what you did before with the demon. You're borrowing my stat bonus, and it also doubles your strength!" I exclaim.

She goes from mad to shocked to contemplative.

"Doubles...!? Sendervil's mercy. That... no wonder I could crack its skull by just... squeezing. I... hah... but doesn't this make me some kind of monster?"

Her eyes water, so I hug her again, making Kali pout.

"You're no worse a monster than me."

I kiss her viciously, and she swoons as I release her.

"Pahhh! J-jeez... you really want to make me even more sticky, don't you?"

But then she snickers under her breath as I take liberties in rubbing her affectionately.

"Well... let us be monsters together then, onii-chan." She grins.
    --------
    Anybody here want any further audience participation content? More images and surveys? Any other ideas? Let me know!

By the way, the best girl survey here will be closing in SEVEN days. So last chance to vote!

ChrisTheAwesome0 likes this.
  14. ChrisTheAwesome0

ChrisTheAwesome0 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think maybe a next sex time survey can be done? Thank you for the chapter/side story!

15. eharper256

Reading List:
    Link
    CHAPTER 93
    KAY-AYE-ESS-ESS-AYE-EN-GEE

After returning to the Furious Stallion, I had to endure a huge group hug. Aria shrugged and went off to take a bath as I stroked Kiku's, Rishya's, and Seria's heads.

"Jeez, Elijah-sama! I woke up and you were gone! I thought I failed! You're a horrible m...!" Rishya exclaims.

I grab her puffed out cheeks and kiss her. Not the furious French one I gave Aria on the way back, but a smooch to the lips nonetheless.

She almost backflips over the table.

"Wh-wh-wha-whaaaat are you!" She puts a hand to her lips and goes furiously red.

"Thank you, Rishya. I don't doubt you saved my life. And my hand."

"I-I...! N-naturally... you... I would do it to anyone I loved!" She slips up.

"Then you love me? I love you as well." I say firmly.

"Ahhhhhh!" She squeals. She actually falls onto her knees this time.

Kiku is furiously shaking at this scene, steam bursting from her ears over this whole escapade.

I go over and rub her face. Her hair is down again at the moment and is swaying as she shakes.

"Nii... what... are...!"

"Kiku... I said this before, and I'll say it again. You're my mercenary. No one else can have you."

I kiss her as well, and she squeals and dashes off to hide in the kitchen, chittering furiously.

I hear a crash of pans and cutlery and Violet cursing.

I chuckle and turn to Seria. She rolls her eyes and looks away as I cup her face as well.

"Boy, this is not acc..."

"Yes... yes... master... I'm going to be very unacceptable as an apprentice from now on. But as I said to you when we met as well... 'I don't know everything, I just know what I know.' And what I know is that I am a foolish man who keeps making mistakes. But nevertheless, if you want it, we could study all sorts of magic together."

I start to kiss her as well. But she leaps up and wraps her legs around me and kisses me back until I almost run out of breath. Woah...

"Mmmm... delicious. What a dumb, perverted apprentice. He really has no idea what he is getting into..."

She licks her lips and flicks a twin tail.

"But very well bo... Elijah... I will endure this obscene arrangement. All for your sake... it’s always the dumb ones that are in need of the most enlightenment, and I would be reticent as a master... as a woman... if I were unable to provide. Fufufufu..."

She lets me go.

Kali is shaking as well.

"This is what madness you're getting into, Kali. Are you sure that..."

Kali attaches herself to me with creased brows. So, I also kiss her and she smiles.

"Aniki..." she trails off. "I be terrible type of Jeraldine wife... so it be more you that madness visiting. Kali likely daft but ok. Such stupid maiden..." she gives a wistful look as she pulls away.

Well... my own heart is beating furiously. But damn... it feels good to take what I want. I gotta be careful not to turn into some asshat, but today, I have taken major strides forward, and I should surely be proud of myself. I think... being so close to death... that was the final reminder. I have just one chance. I shouldn't waste it thinking about stupid morals and foolish laws and insane notions of fairness. Nothing was fair about my situation from the start. I have to fight the damn Sage of Void. A demon of such power that it is able to make mighty Skull Beasts. I need to be strong. Strong enough to take what I want. Strong enough to win.

I'll do it. This is what I've become, and I need to be happy about it. I am happy. I am joyous. I am such a lucky man, for once. Surrounded by women who love me. I will cherish them all and the world they live in. Even if I never go back, I shall not be afraid.

This is me.

This is my resolve.

I will protect all I can.

"Holy Saulms flaming underpants. Who the fuck ~are~ you and what have you done to the old boy?" Violet cackles, snorting as she comes out the kitchen.

"Well, what the fuck ever. Keep your nauseating shit out of my sight and I'll turn a blind eye."

She makes retching motions so I grin, making her roll her eyes.

"Ngh... Nii-sama! Wh-what happened here!"

Kaede suddenly appears in the door, dropping a sack in surprise as she observes the swooning three girls and a Seria licking her lips.

"He decided to be decisive for once, fufufu... and we're all idiots it seems... why don't you go and recieve your kiss as well, Kaede? They are on sale today." Seria explains for me.

"I... I... I..." she stutters at this revelation. I go over and stroke her face. She's really cute as well.

Then Kaede starts crying. Oh...?

"No!" She pushes me away, punching me in the gut. I retch.

"I... I am not suitable as a lover for Nii-sama! I! I am just a blade!"

"Kaede... is that..." I cough, trying to reach for her again.

"Stay away! I am a killer. I poisoned that demon to death, cut off her head. And I liked it..."

She falls on knees, crying furiously and shaking as her voice goes hysterical.

"I cannot! I cannot allow emotions to take me! I... won't let you! I will have to face them all... all the ones in my head... Noooooo!"

She starts laughing like a maniac, clutching her head. And then she falls over, passing out.

All the others... and me... are gobsmacked.

Looks like I broke the ninja a little bit too hard this time.
    -----
    Kisses for all, hilarity ensues.
    Though apparently, if you break a ninja more than 3 times in 72 hours you void its warranty...

16. eharper256

Reading List:
    Link
    CHAPTER 94
    THE LOST AND THE FALLEN

"How is she?" I ask.

Rishya grimaces, after taking Kaede's pulse and listening to her chest.

"She is sick, Elijah-sama. Her mind is closed off from the spirits. Michael even, is thrown aside. She is denying her very self."

"If I deny my feelings, I only deny myself." Seria says to herself.

"Uh... that means 'do not deny your feelings lest you kill your very being' is it not, Seria-sama?"

"Ufufu... close enough, Rishya. Do you know of it?"

Oh, was Seria speaking Syjilian again just now?

"Ah... grandfather set it as the new motto of the academy when he came in charge!" She smiles.

"Fufufu... that sly old man, Douglas, was it...?" she snickers. "Boy... you heard the original meaning, did you not? You should remember it. It is very important for magic... and mmm... probably your current situation as well."

I guess she means it’s important to harem management. True enough. I can't deny myself, no matter what happens. I resolved that much.

"Nii... um... do not worry, Kaede-chan will get better, I'm sure!" Kiku is balling her fists and looks determined.

I ruffle her head for her kindness, and she chitters again.

I take a deep breathe.

"Well... ladies, a hell of a lot happened yesterday... and this morning... but my promise still stands." I state.

"Should I take Rishya on a date as thanks, perhaps?"

"Ah!" She jumps, almost accidently slapping the downed Kaede.

"Uh... I'd love to, Elijah-sama... but... uh... I am still tired from all the healing. And I should watch over Kaede. Perhaps you should take Kiku or Seria-sama?"

What's this about?

"Hmm, are you sure?" I touch her face.

She looks away, with a wry smile.

"I... uh... I promised to go out with Aria today. I can wait for a later turn. And... p-please stop with the casual touching!"

I see. Yeah... I'm sure Aria has plenty of girls talk due.

"As you will, my lady." I let her go and she has a somewhat resigned smile.

"I do want it, Elijah-sama. Make no mistakes!" She grins.

How cute. I ruffle her head as well. She turns to leave.

"So then..." I turn to the other two.

Seria pushes Kiku in front of me. She looks like a deer trapped in the headlights.

"Take this girl. It is Saulmsday. The Inn will be quiet." Seria says.

"Um... um! Eh wot?! W-well... if Seria says so... p-please take care of me, Nii."

She is smiling like a spring flower but looks terrified at the same time.

"Get ready to go then, Kiku." I nod.

"Y-yes!" She dashes off, chittering.

She is really like some kind of turbo chipmunk at times. Adorable.

Aria and Kali have already left. Aria said she wanted some air after her bath, and Kali said that Saulmsday has a community arena tournament which she always joined in where possible.

I'm still a little worried about Kaede. She's a very brittle sort, and all these changes to her were bound to cause her some issues. But I didn't expect it to be this damaging. She looks like she's dropped into a coma...

It is... I suppose, a little disturbing, hearing she apparently enjoyed killing that demon.

Is treating her like a girl that I'm interested in the wrong path here?

Well... no point worrying about it. This is something she needs to work through on her own. I need to give her more space than the others, perhaps?

Let's not dwell on it, let’s try to think about the date with Kiku.

If it is Saulmsday... I guess that means it’s the start of the week. I've still not fully got a handle on the whole myths side of things, but according to one of Seria's primers, Saulmsday is the first day of the week, and a celebration of the day that Saulm put fire to the dead stone that would become the world.

So, basically this worlds Sunday equivalent, but they celebrate the start of all things and the creation itself, rather than the point that rest happened.

You're always expected to start new businesses, shops and ventures on Saulmsday, so it’s very busy for some people. Most of those with long-term stable jobs get the day off so that new things can be enjoyed and sampled. I suppose this means the Furious Stallion gets less business precisely because its well-established already. It's a really nice idea to give the fresh ideas a chance to prove themselves.

Creating new relationships as well. With Kiku.

Incidentally, this means I got together with Aria on Junasday, which is an auspicious day for couples expecting or wanting a long-term relationship, blessed as they would be by the goddess of time, growth, and fertility.

Ultimately, it’s all superstition of course. But I suppose in a world with ample magic, what's to say some of these things aren't shown to be common patterns? It's something to think about.

Suddenly Kiku reappears. I have no idea where she got it from, but she has picked up a slender red dress made of some shiny, soft looking fabric. Reminds me of satin.

It hugs her slender figure nicely, and much like her red armour, complements her down green hair, and looks very much her colour.

"Um... Nii... do I... I must look strange... right?" She sighs.

Whoops, a little too much hesitation drinking in the sights there, Elijah.

"No way! I was downright floored by how gorgeous you suddenly became that it muted me." I grin.

Kiku fidgets and shakes and has a wry grin and a blush.

"Fufufu, nice save, boy." Seria remarks. She has started writing again at the desk here.

"Um! Eh wot!? I... uh... I'm not that gorgeous Nii... please don't fib so much... I've... uh... got none of Kako's boobs or figure or anything... or Aria's sheer gorgeousness... or..."

"Kiku." I take a serious tone. "You are one of the cutest things I've ever seen."

I wrap my arms around her and she shivers.

"Now. You're mine for today. Stop thinking about others for five minutes and think about yourself for once. What do you want, and what can I give you?"

"Nii... nii... niiiii! Elijahhhh!" She squeaks, and gives me bone crushing hug, rubbing herself up against me.

I suppose, unlike some of the girls, Kiku is one that doesn't instantly go for closeness. Probably her low confidence. So… this is new in itself.

"Yup, I'm here. Let's go."

"Nnn! Let's!" She smiles radiantly.

How adorable.
    ------
    Kiku gets some spotlight!

17. eharper256

Reading List:
    Link
    SIDE C3
    EYE FOR AN EYE

"My lord! I apologise! Please! Spare me!" Furfur cries out.

He is nailed to a raised bench in the middle of the execution square, his wings and arms gushing blood as he writhes. It may be the morning and be an impromptu decision, but a crowd still turned out all the same. Can't keep a demon from a good execution, can you?

"Kill the traitor! The idiot! The treasonous fool!" The crowd roars, shouting to kill him. I raise all three of my left arms, and they go silent.

"Hmmm... could it have been prevented, I wonder..." I say, pausing.

He gulps, a mild look of hope appearing in his yellow eyes.

I snort.

"How about..." I draw it out.

"No."

His eyes go wide, and with a sweep down of my upraised arms, I throw out three void slashes, simultaneously beheading him, splitting him in half, and chopping off his feet.

Blood explodes in a mist, splattering the assembled crowd, who roar in appreciation.

I grab the head, which is preserved in an expression of horror, and hold it up the crowd. They go wild.

"For his sins of gross negligence, allowing humanity to summon a great hero, allowing humanity to slay hundreds of fellow demons, enabling us to lose out during an important battle for supremacy, I have executed this idiot of a demon!" I state.

The crowd coos in appreciation.

I throw the head out to them, and a fortunate female demon catches it. She grins and roars in joy, like a happy bride.

It's considered good luck to keep the head of someone executed. Everyone around giggles happy and pats her on the shoulder. It's no use to me, so I let them have this tradition.

Whilst distracted, they don't notice the whistling crack noise as I extract Furfur's heart and put it into storage.

That I can use. A powerful demons freshly stopped heart is a great sacrifice to the void.

At least he can be useful in death...

I keep a lid on my tumultuous emotions as I wave to the crowd.

Now I’m in private, I smash my desk in fury.

I rampage in despair.

Barbatos!

It is funny how you don't realise how much you might miss something until its gone.

It is fortuitous that her banner burnt away when no-one was there to see. I made a serious fool of myself. Even killing Furfur does nothing to ease the pains.

She has been with me since the beginning. I could not show affection for a subordinate, and love is a strange alien thing to a demon. But perhaps it was something after all?

Raum patiently wanders in and starts sweeping at the remains the desk, and I charge at him in fury, grabbing him by the neck.

He grimaces as I choke him.

His eyes look apologetic.

Agon's breath! It's not his fault. I let him go and he coughs, staggering backwards, nearly falling on his wings.

"How can you be so calm, Raum?! How...!? She was your sister!" I shout.

Raum sighs.

And then, his purple eyes, like hers, narrow.

"Calm, mi'lord?" He spits.

"Certainly… I am not. I wish to find the human that murdered my sister, pluck out their eyeballs, and make them into a delicacy." He hisses.

I am taken aback at the rage coming off him. Embers of fire spirits appear around him.

"But humans taking away things we adore is a matter of daily life. We are at war. A war I trust mi'lord will win. So, for that, I know I must simply remain at your side." He explains patiently, like talking to a hatchling.

I let out a breath. What a fool I am. You wouldn't think I had been alive for ninety years, and in charge of demons for nearly half that. Still a whelp compared to Marchosias S'lein, but few demons celebrate three centuries like that fossil.

I am a lord. The lord. It is I that rules over the demon republics. It is my duty to maintain a stiff upper lip, but here I am, raging like a spoilt child.

I need to act. My father had a dream. It was too narrow for me. Too mild. Too conservative. And I have been given Agon's blessing. The first in several decades. I must see it through. It is what Barbatos would have wanted.

"You are too good for me, Raum." I sigh.

"I know, mi'lord." He smiles wistfully.

I pat him on the shoulder.

"We shall make them bleed for opposing us. An eye for an eye. Family for family. Twice that. Surely there are enough humans to spare."

"Surely." He nods. "What shall be done?"

"Withdraw forty crystals. It is time we use them." I state.

He stares at me in shock.

"That... that would be the entire reserves, mi'lord!" He splutters.

"It would be." I nod. "I expect the secret will soon be up in any case. So..."

His eyes swim for a moment. But he nods tentatively, slapping his arm across his chest in salute.

"As you will! Do you also require...?"

"Seventy-five of the elite guard. I can manage that." I finish for him.

He gulps, but nods.

"I will see to it. Who will command? Shax? Astaroth? Andraelphus?" He asks.

"I think... Flauros." I pause. "My elder brother is always complaining about his blade going rusty. Well, let's give him something red to grease it with."

Raum grins, and dashes off.

I will see to it that your sacrifice will not be worthless.

I will make them rue the day.
    ------
    Uh oh... cultivator is pissed.

18. eharper256

Reading List:
    Link
    CHAPTER 95
    FORGING AHEAD

Out of all the things you expect to do on dates, perusing weapon shops isn't generally one of them.

But here we are, Kiku in this lovely red dress, staring intensely at lengths of steel. When she crouches at a weapons display like that, I get a lovely view of her long legs.

When she said there was a place she wanted to visit, I thought it would be another well-renowned food place, but I guess with how cute she is it’s easy to forget that she's also a swordbrain.

"Ehem. Excuse me, miss, I haven't seen you before. Are you aware that this place...”?

A sturdy looking middle-aged woman wearing a blacksmiths getup appears. She doesn't seem too happy.

"Ah! Um... sorry, you need this, don't you? I was distracted by your weapons."

Kiku hands the woman an envelope. The woman looks suspiciously between the envelope and Kiku for a second, but then opens it and reads the contents.

She quickly goes goggle eyed.

"What? Seriously!? Violet Hane? The Violet... referred you?" She exclaims.

This is an exclusive place? That seems weird.

"Um... yes...? Ah! I... am the daughter of Kane Arnas, Kiku."

The woman might as well swoon and fall over. Is Kiku's dad famous again here?

"I... well... please ignore my prior rudeness!" She folds in apology.

"Eh wot? ... it's not rude to do your job. It's ok!" Kiku pats her shoulder.

"Y-Yes! Of course! Ahem! Welcome to Dartemshay Blades, Madam! What can I help you with?"

The one-eighty shift in customer service is pretty funny. Seems to happen alot in this city?

"So, is this an exclusive place for weapons, Kiku?" I have to ask.

"Ah... um... I believe so. Kako and Dad's swords were made here, Nii. The finest magical blacksmith this is!" She exclaims.

I see.

"Ah, you flatter me and my husband, miss. Who is this gentleman, may I ask?"

"Um... My..." she fidgets, looking for words.

"I am the Etranger, Elijah. I'm not much of a blade user, but Kiku is my girlfriend." I explain for her.

"Ahhh! Eh wot! Nii! I...I... um... s-some-something l-like that..." Kiku mumbles, blushing.

The woman laughs briefly at Kiku's weird smile.

"I see. Well, you're also welcome then. Ah? Right. My name is Karen Dartemshay, the wife of Aldous Dartemshay. We supervise everything here. Me and my apprentices do the metalwork, him and his, the enchantment. What can we do for you?"

This introduction apparently re-focuses Kiku away from her swooning.

An interesting husband-wife team, it seems. It explains this ladies attire and size. I get the constant feeling that heat is almost radiating from her... oh... is this a Fire Spirit she has?

Kiku ponders for moment and then takes a breath and speaks whilst counting off her fingers.

"Um... I am a dual-wielder of short, one Klecksel or less blades with a straight temper. But not many smiths will make me things due the requirement that the swords have a Silesiam balance."

I didn't understand much of that, but Karen whistles to herself.

"A Silesiam balance? You... throw the blades like knives?!" She exclaims.

"Um... yes..." Kiku nods.

"Huh..." Karen blinks. "Tough, then, as well. Finchton or Sezirim steel at least. I'm surprised anyone ever made something that before..."

"Uh... um... technically they didn't. I had to accept Arion Iron and a 60 Yakton deviation from Morton Deuce, so I simply got six swords from him. Um... but two of those are broke now, and one is off in the capital for maintenance."

The woman bristles and looks furious.

"Ugh... what a cad, forcing that on you! You shouldn't have paid him a single bound!" She growls.

I guess at least more two of her swords shattered in the fight with the Skull Beast, as well as the one I accidently melted ages ago.

"So, you can make that, then?" Kiku queries.

Karen thinks, hand to her chin, and then sighs ruefully.

"Wow... this must be fate. Or Saulm's mysterious ways, bless her. Follow me."

Kiku looks up at me as Karen strides off, and I shrug.

We follow Karen into a blazing hot forge area down some stairs. Several boys and girls, apparently apprentices, are dashing around, clinking metal, adjusting moulds and callipers. They are all focused and don't even look up to us.

"Evan!" Karen shouts.

A depressed looking but surprisingly muscular teenage lad with purple hair looks up, mopping his brow.

"Yes master?" He cries over the clanging of fire of metal.

Karen grins at him. "Would you believe it, but looks like I was wrong for once. Your graduation project may actually be good for someone! Go get it and bring it to the yard!"

The lad grins and whoops.

"I knew it!" He shouts, dashing off.

"Hah... I shouldn't stoke his ego. He's a serious prodigy. My best student. And yes... he did exactly what you believe. I never thought the sodding things would sell. They're damn fine things, though, I guarantee it by our Workshop's honour."

We go outside to an enclosed yard with straw dummies. The boy comes back, clutching two short-swords, and lays them out on a free bench.

Kiku actually coo's in appreciation.

Even though I don't know nothing about blades, I can't not appreciate these. They have a blue sheen to the steel, the edge glistens in the daylight, the handles are wrapped in red velvet, and the cross guards are engraved with letters and pictures of dragons. Each blade is of slightly different colouring too, one is bluer and the other blacker.

Kiku picks them up, steps away and swings them purposefully. She grins.

"I calls them Stoker and Croaker! I got the master to enchant them with a balance and a returnin' wind spell too!" The boy exclaims, puffing himself up pridefully.

"Eh wot! A returning spell!?" She exclaims.

"Nn! Try it, nee-chan!" He grins.

She does. Her sword flies true, impaling one of the dummies right in the head. Then, very strangely, the blade pulls itself out the straw, and flies back to Kiku's hand unerringly. She catches it with a clank.

She starts shaking like being in O RLY mode, a massive grin on her face. Like a girl discovering Christmas presents from Santa.

"I think we'll take them." I nod, smiling.

19. eharper256

Reading List:
    Link
    And here's Kiku in battle attire... uh... I mean, her red dress:
    [​IMG]

20. eharper256

Reading List:
    Link
    CHAPTER 96
    NOT ANY OLD SWORD-BRAIN

"Nii! You didn't have to pay for half! They're for me so..."

"I want to contribute to anything that makes you happy, Kiku. It's what a man is supposed to do." I proclaim.

I kinda wanted to pay fully, but Kiku absolutely wouldn't have that. So, we settled on half each.

Which I guess is fine, since that was still 1 Gold Myriad per blade. Kiku's an expensive date. Though I guess I would have spent the same on Aria's necklace, had it not tried to kill me.

Kiku bashfully hugs the swords and chitters though. So, I guess it’s all worth it.

"Besides, it’s something you need to fight, isn't it?"

"Um... I guess. Actually... though... I feel a bit bad. Dad said he would take me there once I made A rank, like he did with Kako."

Oh hells. I've taken another moment from Ser Arnas. I'm starting to dread stepping back into the capital at this rate. Trying to ignore that, I speed along a bit.

We move down to the seafront wharf, right behind an aging, dividing sea wall. The tide is right in, swallowing the beach at the moment, waves crashing against it like suicidal cavalry meeting a phalanx. It sprays over in a pleasant mist.

I watch the sea and enjoy the roaring noise. I think I've always enjoyed looking at the sea. It nearly killed me as a child when I was being a fool with a children’s fishing net and fell in. But I guess that gave me a respect for it, I suppose. Funnily enough, I never got afraid.

"Um... errmm...." Kiku starts.

"Ah, sorry, it's probably boring standing around." I apologise.

"Eh wot!? N-n-no... it’s not that! I like spending any time with Nii! And the sea is really a gorgeous blue... But... um... blue like... Aria's eyes..." she whispers.

"Ahhh! No! I didn't!" She panics.

I hug her.

"I'm sorry, Kiku. If it’s too much to think about sharing and you hate it... I understand..."

She squirms.

"I... hmm... eh wot? For some reason... I... um... I don't think I hate it. Aria is... a good friend." Her thoughts spill out next to my ear in a whisper. "Um... Even though I've not known her for long... it's like... it's like she's the first proper friend I ever had. Is that sad? I guess it is." She sighs and pauses.

I squeeze her tighter.

"Kako doesn't really count. Finding a girl my age in a mercenary guild is hard. They were around sometimes, but... um... I scared them. The guildmasters daughter. And whereas they often were just starting to train, I had been... for years. I'm weak compared to dad, Kako, but... very strong for my age... I realise that. Aria is... a rare specimen... hehe..." she snickers.

"She certainly is that." I chortle.

We stand in silence in our hug for a while.

"Nii really is warm. I'm a dumb girl, aren't I? Falling in love with a pervert like you? So dumb."

"I really can't tell you why Kiku. But I'm happy you have your feelings. Nothing is dumb about love." I smile wryly.

She pulls away from me at last and facepalms.

"Hehe... It's that trash that pours effortlessly from your mouth again, isn't it? Hah... um... you can't ever just... leave my ego alone, can you? You just keep stoking it. Does a fire love the arsonist? I guess it must do!" She grins behind her hand and giggles adorably.

I blink, surprised at her metaphor. She's cleverer than she lets on at times, isn't she?

She giggles again and leaps away from me in a spin, effortlessly jumping up on the dividing sea-wall, and outstretching her arms to take in the breeze. Her red dress and loose green hair billows.

She really is cute in that dress. She really is adorable in general. Hah... turns out my heart easily races for such strong and yet brittle girls.

"I am... um... I am a bit cross that... I wasn't first." She turns her head back, blushing red.

"W-well..." I cough and choke a bit.

"That reaction made it all better." She smirks.

"Hehehe... I'm actually a vindictive, scheming girl when it comes to men, it seems. I should ask Seria what that's like." She lyrically lilts, finger to her grin.

Oh boy. I'm not sure I should have awakened this beast after all.

"Nii... I want...!"

Suddenly an errantly powerful wave decides now would be a fantastic time to explode over the sea wall, blasting her forwards.

Kiku staggers off the wall in surprise, and I catch her, both of us falling over in an embrace.

Both of us are drenched like rats. Kiku splorts sea-water in my face out of her nose and I cough furiously.

We recover. Her dress and hair are clinging to her, revealing her fit figure and modest cleavage.

"Shit! ... jeez... Shit! That fucking sucked Garmere's sweaty balls." Rowdy Kiku curses and blasphemes in the same breath.

And then she laughs.

It's infectious and I join her.

Well, there's always something conspiring to ruin a moment in my dates, eh? Perhaps I'm cursed. At least it's less lethal this time.

I reek of salt, and its itching my eye fierce. It's got into some unmentionable places.

"Um... well... I know where we need to go next, now, Nii. We need to fix this, huh?"

"Oh?" I ask.

She doesn't want to call it a day? Fix this? Whatever can she mean?

"Uh... if you say so... well... lead the way." I say.

Kiku grins, and I get a feeling I'll come to regret this snap decision.
    ------
    Yes, you probably will regret it, Elijah. :D