Spoiler Strongly Favored Wife (BL)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by ayyshadow, Jan 3, 2018.

1. ayyshadow

ayyshadow Eternal Lurker || Lover of Anything Fluffy

Reading List:
    Link
    So, I talked about this on my wattpad before, but since someone has put this on the pick up request thread, I figured I'd just post this here too, to help spread the word :hmm:

Title: Strongly Favored Wife ( 强宠男妻)
    Author: 赤脚下的路
    Chapters: 64 chapters
    Link: http://www.danmeila.com/xiandaidushi/22082.html

Summary:

How long will a marriage that has nothing to do with love last, how long does a marriage build under a power-money deal will last?

The one Shang Yu Shang hugged in his bosom is his wife, a bought and temporary wife. However, since the first time he held him in his arms, he never wants to let go.

He Zhang Ning obeyed the so-called decision of his family and married himself out. Originally, he thought that this was just a temporary transaction, do this and he would be able to live the rest of his life freely. But who knows, a foot into that warmhearted embarace that have been prepared for him, he no longer has any chance to come out.

This is an arranged marriage story with an added bonus of Mpreg. Yes, I was surprised too, but it was a nice surprise xD

MC is a son of a middle class family who was facing bankruptcy, so his family wants to sold him off in a one-year marrige contract with a CEO of one of the largest business empire in the nation. MC agreed because he wants to get out of his family home. Meanwhile, ML reason for marrying a man is because of a prophecy told about him when he was young.

It's a pretty light sweet story, with the occasional face slaps, but nothing too heavy. MC is a calculating person, he can be so harsh to people who wish harm to him, yet he is also so nice to those who are good to him. I also like the fact that he can stand up for himself, and even help ML to solve his problems when he is able too.
    ML is your usual puppy in love seme who would do anything for his wife (hence the title). My favorite type of ML really, so I might be a bit biased.
    The dynamic of their relationship is pretty similiar with BMHS's couple, so if you like that, you'd like this too.

The pacing of the story is pretty nice too, it's short yet all problems are solved nicely (except for MC's occupation which isn't explored more, eventhough at the start the story makes it seems like a big deal).
    My other complain is there lack of additional chapters showing their children (yes my friend, they got twins) after they've grown up, but that's just a selfish wish of mine, so yeah.

Gushishi, lazuuli, soie_yoie and 31 others like this.
  2. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
  3. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Kailyria20

Kailyria20 Perpetually distracted

Reading List:
    Link
    Mmm this seems sweet, fluffy and possibly diabetes inducing XD looking forward to someone picking it up.

Anie and Misaki Yata like this.
  5. Shem

Shem ┃ᐕ) ⁾⁾「Lv 69 BL Hunter」☆ Vrelty's Seme ♤♡ ꪋς꧖ ☆

Reading List:
    Link
    Wuwuwuwuw :aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww:

6. GD2318

GD2318 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh I like children especially twins~

7. wildthorn

wildthorn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is twins trend or something like that? A lot of bl novels have twins.
    Looks good. I am busy with finals so I can't read new novels for another 2-3 week but I will be lurking around for spoilers:sushi_peak:

8. Lisstr

Lisstr Fujoshi ☆ Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
  9. ayyshadow

Reading List:
    Link
    I read this quite a while ago, so I might be missing some details, but here is my attempt at spoiling the first part of the story
    So, as I stated above, MC is a son of a middle-class family. MC's mother is originally a daughter from a rich family, but he run away from home to be with MC's father. However, MC's grandma (from his father' side) hates the mom, and the hatred grows even more throughout the years because MC's mom is still childless. So, the grandma pushes MC's father to take a mistress outside, and he did. From his mistress, the father got two sons. A few years later, MC's mom finally gets pregnant with MC. When MC is three years old (iirr), his mother finds out about the father's cheating, she becomes depressed and finally commits suicide. Because of this MC really hates his whole family, and wants to get out of the house as soon as possible.
    Then, one day, his family come to him and tell him that they've arranged a marriage for him with a CEO of the richest business empire in their city. They give him a lot of excuses and tried to guilt-trip him into accepting. MC doesn't buy it of course, but he still agrees, with one condition: he will gets 10% (or 20? I forget lol) from the money ML's family will give to them. His family argued at first, calling him ungrateful, and so on, but MC doesn't budge. In the end, his family has to give up and agree, since they need the money desperately.

10. ferrelrose

ferrelrose Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  11. GD2318

GD2318 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  12. clear

clear 『クソ主』 川(-'﹃ '-)川 『Bi Wenjun's Yoyo』

Reading List:
    Link
    why so much to read *add to reading list*

13. gideon

gideon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why are you guys such a tease!

14. purple_mangosteen

purple_mangosteen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    With twins, it's like make one get two. And with one kid rule back then, people can have two children if they have twins.
    And people especially love dragon phoenix twins

15. purple_mangosteen

Reading List:
    Link
    Recap 1

- MC family business had shortage of fund so they wanted to marry MC out to get money

- MC's grandma from dad side hated him, dad was boneless coward, stepmother also hated him.

- MC at first refused his family decision but finally relented after asking 10% of dowry, two million from twenty million. MC family was outraged when they heard it but MC countered that his half brother lost 3 million gambling yet grandma n stepmum covered him. Dad was shocked. They accepted the deal.

- MC also asked to separate from family. He already used his mum surname, not his dad. Grandma quickly agreed.

- His nanny (the only one who was kind to him) cried at the unfair treatment but MC persuaded her, saying it was just one year arrangement. After that, he would leave and take his nanny with him.

- ML investigated MC. MC was smart, he skipped class and managed to graduate from college at 20. He also had secret identity as best seller novelist. The book won best novel of the year. ML thought that MC wasn't a simple person. Many companies asked MC to join them. MC refused, he didn't want to work nine to five coz he was lazy. ML wanted to laugh. MC was like kid

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  16. mereumsama

mereumsama Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More more:blobReach::blobReach:

Novel otaku desu likes this.
  17. ayyshadow

Reading List:
    Link
    Twins = double cuteness attack :D

GD2318 and cheerydandan like this.
  18. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Feed me moar, momma :blobReach:

cheerydandan likes this.
  19. Shem

Shem ┃ᐕ) ⁾⁾「Lv 69 BL Hunter」☆ Vrelty's Seme ♤♡ ꪋς꧖ ☆

Reading List:
    Link
    Sweet moments please :aww::aww::aww:

20. purple_mangosteen

Reading List:
    Link
    Recap 2

- ML and MC family met to talk about the wedding. ML grandma said that MC is a good kid. That is a high praise. For grandma to say that meant she recognized MC.

- ML's behaviour towards MC was also different. They never seen him act this way.

- after food was eaten, they started talking. MC was angered by his grandma bullshit. It was implied grandma want to ask more money. MC was about to speak but ML patted his hand. They ended up holding hand.

- ML saw MC's distress and pitied him. He thought what a group of shameless villain. Only thinking about money. MC married into his family, see what they can do.

- ML told his grandma to take care of everything. ML's grandma was happy. Eventhough they only just met, ML already want to hug and protect MC. He thought that MC didn't need to worry. He had him. Ml would take care of everything

- the families talked about dowry. Mc was embarassed. He couldn't stand it and start bickering with his grandma. ML stopped him.

- earlier, ML grandma changed the term from one year contract to one year and then it was up to ML and ML decision about the marriage.

- ML's grandma then told ML to call attorney to make it legal. she gave MC property, vila, apartments, car, 20 million pocket money and even island with mineral deposit!
    MC's family jaw dropped to the floor. Remember that the dowry is only 20 million.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018