LCD I Shall Seal the Heavens

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Mousa4, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Rule71

Rule71 .....

Reading List:
    Link
    I am gonna guess its due to 807 is the halfway point, ISSTH has 1613 chapters in total ;)

Evertime likes this.
  2. CrispyNoodle

CrispyNoodle 『Noodle Overlo*d』『Open Pervert』『Onii-chan』

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh it seems this is the turning point of the story's main plot it seems o.o but man is it slow we're already 1/3 of the way through the entire series

3. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I love this novel....

Although sometimes can't make sense 30pct of the story most of the time... it's really interesting how ergen was able to change things up and still relevant to the past. I suppose it's due to his planning.

I see changes in tdg, it felt so disjointed with his past. The demon king is gone, his cultivation levels are renamed.

4. Gunji Murgi

Gunji Murgi Overlord of all Things Feathered

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhh makes sense

5. Senros

Senros Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe he finally gets laid after hundreds of years of being a wizard in chapter 807 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    And the Blood Demon guy was afraid of the meat jelly, but it's probably because it was tormented by it for a long time.

MadHatter likes this.
  6. Shin Ah

Shin Ah Dope'n

Reading List:
    Link
    The stakes are not high, he may need another thousands years before he hits puberty

MadHatter likes this.
  7. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any intelligent person will leave that sect and run as far and as fast as they can. I wonder how many intelligent people there are in the Black Sieve Sect.

Also wondering why his mom didn't step in when she saw the trap that Blood Demon was setting for him and if Meng Hao will still feel a need to honor his promise once he finds out that he was swindled.

MadHatter likes this.
  8. craBebe

craBebe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What makes you think it's a trap for Meng Hao? Seems more like he was using it as an opportunity to rope him in because he sees him as being capable of overthrowing the Ji clan.

All of this seems to be in line with Meng Hao's character anyway so it doesn't really strike me as anything particularly disastrous for him. Small price to pay for Xu Qing's life as I have no doubt Meng Hao would destroy the universe to save her.

Blood Demon seemed to have done all this just to monopolize Meng Hao and not allow anyone else to offer him assistance, which is trap-y in a way but I didn't find it all that distasteful. Meng Hao and Ji were enemies to begin with.

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    It really just depends on what all this entails, but the fact that he considered it necessary to do all this to get MH to agree makes it seem likely that it is something that he wouldn't want to do normally. And given that Pill Demon (at the very least) would have come to help him, thus making this deal unnecessary, I'd definitely consider it to be a trap.

Also, sealing the heavens wasn't the path he was on originally (if we disregard the title), ruling them was. He's the only person currently in existence who has the right to attempt to acquire the owner's guide to the Ninth Mountain and Sea after all.

10. Sythellri

Sythellri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is the first Chinese novel that I have read which actually has a good love story. Even all the ones that are focused on love, don't have a love story as good as this.

MadHatter and Arumanfi like this.
  11. Apollo

Apollo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Has Meng hao even kissed Xu Qing yet.

12. Mr_Magika

Mr_Magika Big oof

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm pretty sure they've held hands, how lewd!

Crimshine and Evertime like this.
  13. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's completely reasonable that she'll live an entirely new life, in an entirely new place, without any of her memories, all the way to True Immortal Ascension - which iirc happens once every ten thousand years or so.. and not love anyone else. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Not fond of this development!

Granted, it's probably impossible to really do it any other way. Meng Hao is only going to get more ridiculously OP as things go on, and he's undoubtedly going to be struggling against every jack and jill in the neighborhood stronger than he is, the whole way.

She'd just hold him back, y'know. Or die.

.... Blood Demon seems cool, though.

14. Senros

Senros Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In addition, there was one other powerful expert who appeared, someone who sat in a blood-colored mountain, wearing a blood-colored robe. “The path to true Immortality that opens every 10,000 years, has once again opened. The opportunity to become a true Immortal has once again appeared. I wonder… how many will experience the downfall of their Dao, dispersing their bodies and souls? Meng Hao, destiny links both you and me to the League of Demon Sealers.
    It certainly seems like the Blood Demon is talking about their whole "universe" if we could call the Nine Mountains and Seas an universe, but I would think is more reasonable (at least I would find it so) if he was refering to the Ninth Mountain, as Ji Tian "sealed" the path to immortality. If the path to true Immortality shows up every 10,000 in every mountain, then they are kind fucked up, but it still doesn't mean that only one person can attain it.

What bothers me more is that Xu Qing will be reborn in some place and she won't have any memories of her past until she reaches Immortal Ascension... so if this wasn't fiction, she could easily fall in love with another man or even become a lesbian and marry a woman before she is able to remember MH... I don't know if anyone here has watched the anime Aquarion (Sousei no Aquarion), but in that anime there is a couple that lived at some point and 12,000 years later their reincarnations fell in love with is other again as it was destiny and shit... it's sweet and whatnot, but it's not really enjoyable.
    I don't know how else MH and XQ could live their lifes together otherwise, nor do I want some ntr, but I don't like where this is going in the romance department. Maybe I'm being too picky idk...

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, several times, unless you choose to not count the times that she shared her life essences with him. In that case, I don't think so.

16. strixflash

strixflash Dao Seeker!

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really a fan of this development but I guess author can't allow Meng Hao to have a satisfying love life so soon in the story.

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I expect it to take about a thousand chapters or so before we get to that point ;)

18. craBebe

Reading List:
    Link
    Er Gen doesn't really do romance all that well. I'm betting Pill Demon comes to the rescue.

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I disagree. Compared to other xianxia authors, he's probably the best at romance.

MadHatter likes this.
  20. craBebe

Reading List:
    Link
    What?!? I'll admit Xu Qing and Meng Hao's relationship has been a nice one, but the fact that it's taken 700 chapters just to reach the point where they're finally beginning to act on their feelings is a bit on the slow side. Their relationship has been an extremely small subplot to the overall story line.

And if you've read Xian Ni you would know that Wang Lin is about as romantic as a corpse.

I have great hope for Fatty Bai's future in ATTE, but he doesn't strike me as the romantic type.. yet.

That would be my gripe against Er Gen is that romance plays such a small role in the story, maybe not that it's done poorly. Who knows, maybe this will be a turning point.