Spoiler Kusuriya no Hitorigoto

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Pandababa, Jun 15, 2017.

1. LostBMe

LostBMe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its a one way street?

From chap 54 (arc 2):
    「あの片眼鏡に『爸爸(パパ)って呼んで』と言われたら、どう思いますか?」
    Maomao: "So, if that monocle told you to call him 'daddy' how'd you feel?"

「眼鏡かち割りたくなるな」
    Jin: ".....I'd like to break his glasses for him"

「でしょう」
    Maomao: "I know, right?"

2. vsukio

vsukio Well-Known Egg

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't remember why but she was still at the palace later because she gets hired by Jishin.
    Okay so I'm up to ch.136 so as for romance :
    • Jishin brings his body really close to Maomao (don't remember why) which resulted in her hands landing on his lower half so she realizes he was not a eunuch.
    • He brings his face really close to her to the point where their nose almost touches but she doesn't seem to show much reaction. He often corners her to the wall, literally.
    • Maomao once had an allergic reaction to soba(?) at a banquet. She fainted and broke out a ugly rash all over her face and arms.This caused both him and her father to rush over to help her. He blames himself for what had happen to her because he got her involved with a investigation(?) which involves poison but it caused this as a result of her involvement.
    • At one point, she got kidnap, nearly assaulted, and got cut on her ear, this made him very unhappy. He grabs her collar to check more of her skin to see where she was cut. Not only did he find a cut around her neck, but he also saw teeth imprints. Another thing is he licked the cut on her ear. His excuse was that he heard saliva would make it heal better.
    • At one point, he actually corners her, holds her hair, then kisses her. He turns to take his leaves without looking back. She couldn't tell what kind of expression he was making because he was wearing a mask. Maomao calls out to him to not forget his ointment (his face got damaged).
    • He gets upset how she had no response towards his kiss. He confronts her later about it but she totally disregards it and talks about other things. He has her come over so he can hug her afterwards.
    • For Maomao, there was someone she had saved and he draws portraits very well. He asked Maomao what kind of man she likes. So as she describes a man, apparently it looked very similar to Jishin. She just tells the him that the person is a eunuch.
    • Once, Jishin looked like he really need some sleep. As a result? Maomao let him use her legs as a lap pillow. He fell asleep and she worked on her own things while her legs were numb.
    • Well, he called her his daughter and kept trying to approach her.
    • I might be remembering this wrong but I think he really did fell in love with her mother? He actually went back to find her but by the time he did, she had already died. When he came home, he cried.
    • He plays chess(?) with her as well as time to time come visits her.
    • He wonders if she ever plans to marry or having children, she tells him she's interested in having children-- as in the birth process itself, not actually having them. She mentions that if she were to ever have children, she must get rid of the poison in her body first.
    • As mention before, after Maomao collapsed from having a allergic reaction, he went to her as soon as he saw her fall over.
    • After she was kidnapped, he was the first to find out. He went to go find her but realize someone was pretending to be her in her room while claiming to be "sick". After the person attempted to suicide, he went to one of the princess(?) quarters and demanded answers where his daughter was. He finds out someone was pretending to be the princess too and got the information he needed. He and a group of people went to go find her.
    • So if it comes to whether he likes her or not, I believe so. For acknowledgement, in someways, yes. When he went to go find her, he told the guards that he was looking for his daughter.
    • Ah, this is just a extra point but for Maomao's mother, she harmed Maomao when she was a child. She literally slit Maomao's wrist. Maomao still has nightmares about it.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
  3. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What do the kanzashi that maomao got signify?

4. Lazy hypocrite

Lazy hypocrite Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it was mentioned or implied (not sure) that the person who wears a kanzashi is already taken, whether it be with the consorts, which then means that this maid belongs/serves to the consort who gave it to her , or a man which would signify that the lady wearing it is already taken by the man who gave her the kanzashi and that she is not available.....

nicomcla1995, Xi-hime, layyu and 3 others like this.
  5. houshina

houshina Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    anybody knows what development there is after chap 136?

MLisMyHubby and astaterix like this.
  6. Foxil

Foxil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any more spoilers? :sushi_peak:

7. Shizun

Shizun 《Jack of all trades》《Artist/Author》《Dao of BLedia》

Reading List:
    Link
    + *pokes for spoilers*

8. vasiliassy

vasiliassy Lol hehe

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't Jinshi is actually crown prince, not a prince little brother of emperor?
    When Ah De consort give a birth boys, the boys is being swaped to little bro of emperor (I mean emperor mother gave a birth again)
    But Jinshi didn't know that he is actually crown prince, he just know he is useless little bro of emperor. I think emperor is tricky to protect his son position lol.

So what Jinshi actually (prince) name? And when he know he is the crown prince, not just princ little bro of emperor?

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
  9. Foxil

Foxil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've only read the translations but from what I could gather, Jinshi is the emperor's son who was swapped at birth to become the emperor's brother. Jinshi the emperor's brother (offical title) is also the crown prince (official title, so he does know he is the crown prince) simply because as for now, the emperor does not have an heir hence Jinshi is probably a temporary crown prince until the emperor manages to produce a son. This makes sense from an outsider point of view coz if the emperor drops dead one day, they at least have a back up.

10. vasiliassy

vasiliassy Lol hehe

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you already read the raw? that why emperor doing that. We still didn't know emperor's true motivation actually beside that one (I think emperor want to push Jinshi so he can become mature and can become good emperor). And I think Jinshi want a some freedom too.
    @Akemin can you explain please?
    And can you explain the summary in court 1 and 2?the picture looks like saying Maomao disguise and I think Jinshi become more public in his true appearance?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Akemin

Akemin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm quite surprised to be suddenly summoned like this, but I'm more than happy to explain my favourite series! :aww: But tbh, I have not caught up with the latest chapter so I'm not sure if I might have left anything out.

How the story goes is that the son of the current Emperor and Ah Duo was born at the same time as the son of the Empress Dowager (aka the Emperor's brother). However, the son of Ah Duo passed away soon after birth. In the novel, Maomao also commented that it was unfortunate because otherwise, Ah Duo would have become the Empress (and would not have to step down as the Pure Consort). However, something strange came in because Maomao's adoptive father was chased out of the Palace and suffered capital punishment because of the dead Prince, which was weird because that punishment looks harsher than usual. So Maomao started to speculate if it could be that the Prince who died was the Emperor's brother, and the Empress Dowager took Ah Duo's son as the replacement for her dead child. And because her adoptive father was not able to save the Empress Dowager child, he suffered harsh punishment. At this point, Maomao stopped herself from thinking has it will lead to more troubles. So, this whole baby swap thing is actually just Maomao's speculation for now. But from all the hints, I think it is probably going to be right.

And the author also threw a prickly ball saying that the previous Emperor was a serious lolicon, so even the servants felt like something was wrong when the Empress Dowager got pregnant. So maybe her child was not with the previous Emperor? :hmm:

For the first picture, it was a party in a foreign land that Maomao attended with her stepbrother. Maomao was kind of dragged/bribed over there by her stepbrother, so Jinshi was not there in the scene at all sadly. :blobsad: That scene was mostly politics and introduction of new characters.

Jinshi did become more public in his appearance but it was as the Emperor's brother. At the start of the story, the Emperor's brother was an elusive person who don't show his face to anyone (the story goes that he burned his face or something), but subsequently Jinshi reveals himself to public when he leads the army to save Maomao, so he can't hide himself anymore. Because of that, people started to ask him when he is going to get a consort, to which he publicly asks about Rakan's daughter (Maomao) (so kind of like a hint to everyone he is interested in his daughter). Because of that Rakan got into a fury (he has a daughter complex :blobjoy:), and throw him huge amounts of work so he can't visit Maomao. But as usual, Maomao don't understand what he is thinking and thinks that he is just using her as an excuse to decline marriage prospects.

:blobhug::blobhug::blobhug:

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  12. vasiliassy

vasiliassy Lol hehe

Reading List:
    Link
    Whut... if she having an affair, his son emperor must know that and driving her out.

I sometimes thinking the author really want to Jinshi suffer a lot. Poorest ML that I know in japan novel lol. Till ch 34 v3 I still didn't know his true name. Wth shoujo story didn't reveal ML true name...
    Even his appearance is More and more rarely in next volum..
    Its kinda out of plot story I wonder if some new character is introduced? Even i know thats character is from overseas
    Hueee I want Maomao and Jinshi dance together :blobhero::blobhero::blobhero:

I just hope in the end Jinshi isn't suffer alot :blobsob:

Hoeeh poor Jinshi, again I said lol
    But the story become more cute.
    I hope Jinshi come along with Maomao if she want to study overseas :blobsmilehappyeyes:

Very2 thank you for the spoiler~
    Sorry suddenly drag you

Xi-hime, layyu and Eri96 like this.
  13. houshina

houshina Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoiler ^^ Ah, Jinshi has to be as direct as he can if he wants to get through to Maomao. ^^

astaterix likes this.
  14. kyry

kyry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just started reading this.
    WHAT AN AWESOME SERIES!!!
    Thanks for all the spoilers. The latest chapter is abduction part, can someone angels tell me what how maomao run away and what happen to rouran and her family?

Also, it is mentioned emperor's consort is pregnant, did they managed to give birth of son, or all daughter?

15. satoshi1

satoshi1 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My favorite LN. Although I'm not too keen on Jinshi's flirtation, feels more like he's harassing her in a way that school kids do. Why can't he just tell her he loves her and desires to be with her?

layyu and aneliese like this.
  16. satoshi1

satoshi1 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does Maomao have anyone she is interested in? What happens in the latest chapters?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  17. theragingpanda

theragingpanda ‹ lost in the books ›

Reading List:
    Link
    Maomao and Jinshi looks damn good here AKFJAKAKVNDNJS DAT FACE DAT EXPRESSION DAT BODEH DAT CLOTHES DEM

18. vasiliassy

vasiliassy Lol hehe

Reading List:
    Link
    ... he already do that but mao2 is dense...

19. blakraven66

blakraven66 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So can anyone spoil/elaborate on a specific scene in volume 5?

The LN image looks like Jinshi is strangling Maomao.

The translator has teased that this was Jinshi proposing to Maomao and she rejects him, telling him to pick someone more acceptable, Jinshi tells her to stop pushing him away and questions why she thinks she is not worthy when she is a daughter of the Ra family. And Maomao is actually aware of Jinshi's feelings for her. The translator then says that Maomao gives one specific reason why she can't accept in volume 6 but doesn't elaborate further on what that reason is.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  20. vasiliassy

vasiliassy Lol hehe

Reading List:
    Link