LCD Akuyaku reijo ni koi wo shite

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Shio, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Nino Sasou

Nino Sasou 『 ******** 』『 On Paid Leave』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well since imo this novel has low chance to yen-pressed maybe we should put this novel on pickup request

FussyBadger likes this.
  2. FranckOA

FranckOA Killer Klown From Outer Space

Reading List:
    Link
    Guess I can remove it for my "to read when complete" novel list then.
    Too bad it seemed to be an interesting novel...

3. FussyBadger

FussyBadger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's why I was curious why they would try and contact the author half way through the story. Why not finish it and tell them how much they enjoyed it while also figuring out how to support the author?

I have a tab open to the raws but I think I'll reread everything before to remember what happened before going into the mud that will come chapter 75

Wujigege likes this.
  4. OneChompMan

OneChompMan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    saw that coming a mile away. maybe they should have given him an incentive. like 50% of their patreon earnings or ad revenue or something. man, this really really sucks

FussyBadger likes this.
  5. FussyBadger

FussyBadger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I second you for making the request on behalf of the other readers in mourning.

I'm still curious why they tried contacting them in the first place? I understand some translators do it but I still don't understand it

6. elitesniper897

elitesniper897 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This actually ruined my day. is there anything better than google chrome so i can read it from the source?

7. Kysil

Kysil [Progenitor of Sloth][Sloth Demon]

Reading List:
    Link
    As soon as I read both Enori's announcement and the Cancellation of the Translations. My mood for the day crashed like a rocket trying to launch only to tilt ever slightly and boosted to the ground. Exploding to many pieces. Why. Why can't they just let us finish. It's almost finished and someone decides to destroy the day.

8. HnM_Pete

HnM_Pete Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We reached out to the author because, in the end, it was the right thing to do. Ironically, it took a mounting frustration with aggregators to put things into proper perspective. I guess they do actually kill translation projects outright in a way. We have discussed this among ourselves since early spring last year. The attempt to reach out to the author was put back this much only because we wanted to reach a decent resting point near the end of the arc, and because Enori was nervous about potential hostile reception.

And no, this is not a common thing to do. In my opinion, it should be, and maybe if it was, the western translation scene would have a better rep among JP authors. But, at this point, the milk is spilled, no point in crying about this.

The chance is bigger than you think. The author is signed to Kadokawa.

We didn't really want to have our work heavily monetized when we were essentially stealing the source material. Note we didn't push for Parteon, ad whitelisting, or donations at any point of the time. As is, Parteon brings $10 a month and the ads brought whole $400 for the year, that's not a lot of incentive to a contracted writer that would have to tax the money too.

We get that what happened was a huge disappointment to you guys, but, at the end of the day, any other action would make us hypocrites.

ImJustTesting, AHKoT and Nino Sasou like this.
  9. AHKoT

AHKoT [FA sect] [2nibyou] [ReverseEpi] [Htrap]

Reading List:
    Link
    Sigh.... I know that why I said that I'm really conflicted right now. And you guys seem so... professional in how you handle this. The biggest mistake isn't asking but rather asking too late :((

10. HnM_Pete

HnM_Pete Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Akuyaku was the first step into fan translations both for me and for Enori. It was supposed to be a novel he translated in private for his brother to improve his grasp of Japanese. He decided to make it public on a whim and never expected to stick with it for long. For me, it was an editing project to refresh my grasp of written English. Also a decision taken on a whim I didn't expect to stick with for this long.

When we started those 2 years ago, we were a pair of very green, and very unprofessional newbs :]

Had we known what we do now, we wouldn't start without asking for permission first.

ImJustTesting, AHKoT and Nino Sasou like this.
  11. Soularc55

Soularc55 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, look at this series if you still plan on TLing.
    Yuusha na Kanojo to Eiyuu e no Michi
    勇者な彼女と英雄への道
    The Brave Her and Road to Heroism
    Author should still be rather active since he updated one of his works. Apparently, this series could not take off as an LN due to the publisher discontinued? Ask him if you can TL one series, set up a patreon, paypal, coffee, etc. So much for this series... ah well. The hell with it.

12. Soularc55

Soularc55 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  13. Enori

Enori Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can try, however as we have said in the announcement, we will ask the author(s) for permission prior to translation from now on. This means that if we get a no, that would probably eliminate the chance of that being translated by other groups. Do you still want us to give it a try?

That said tho, I will only translate something I like enough to have the passion to do it. So I will have to read at-least the first arc of it so it can take 3 days or so.

14. Soularc55

Soularc55 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    By all means, consider this a recommendation and I'm telling you based on your process to ask if you need to.

15. Nino Sasou

Nino Sasou 『 ******** 』『 On Paid Leave』

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for your hard work and thank you for give this community wonderful novel. The ball is on your hand and if continuing translate this novel cause disturbances for both of you its better to keep it at bay imo

16. OneChompMan

OneChompMan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    also there are methods of monetization that wouldn't really affect the fans that hard. like liber who uses a patreon system where patrons receive chapters 1 or 2 days earlier depending on the amount they pay while not messing with the chapter release schedule or qindan uses an ad system where they release chapters ahead of schedule but require you watch a 10 second ad beforehand. translating can be very lucrative. having a monetary incentive would allow you more negotiation and publishers would be more accepting if they get some cash from it.

thanks for your hard work Enori and HnM_Pete. looking forward to your next series then.

17. Intro-Vert

Intro-Vert Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well... I Already read the spoiler... But this, I really feel at lost now, I had a plan to reread it again after the TL is finished.
    Sigh...
    And thanks for your hardwork.

18. RandomComment

RandomComment Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think we'd all be quite happy if you guys translated something else. The TL and editing work is quite high quality. I do have to say though that if you insist on asking for author permission, you're almost certain to continue to just get rejected pretty much constantly. And ofc, just raises the chance that a group won't touch any of the series you've gotten a rejection for. I don't think I can recall a single series I've seen anywhere here where an author actually supported a fan translation and was cool with it happening (at least not as far as japanese series go. I don't really read CN or KR novels)

OneChompMan likes this.
  19. AHKoT

AHKoT [FA sect] [2nibyou] [ReverseEpi] [Htrap]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well guess what? I loved this novel so much that I ended up learning Japanese by myself lol. Those Kanji GaHH!!! Anyway is Enori still translating it for his brother ?

20. Kysil

Kysil [Progenitor of Sloth][Sloth Demon]

Reading List:
    Link
    Welp... Guess I'll have to look for the DN and write some names including mine...