LCD Evolution Theory of the Hunter

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, May 19, 2016.

1. LollipoPReapeR

LollipoPReapeR Frequent visitor of the Yellow Springs Resort

Reading List:
    Link
    Im curious, how many chaps is it in the raws?

2. lightnovelcafe

lightnovelcafe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When it was free it was organized into seventy something chapters...but the author moved it to a site that charges by the chapter and it has been reorganized into 66 chapters. Also, updates used to be paced at 3 chapters a day. Not sure if this is still happening as the move JUST happened.

3. lightnovelcafe

Reading List:
    Link
    It looks like the author is uploading a chapter a day ish now

LollipoPReapeR likes this.
  4. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Planning to continue now that you have to pay for the raw?

lightnovelcafe likes this.
  5. lightnovelcafe

Reading List:
    Link
    Ive been paying for it these past few days :)

Hattorisan and jacobpaige like this.
  6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I had been wondering why they had such a bad system for dealing with the dungeons. Its nice to get an explanation.

You'd think that after he'd demonstrated his abnormal speed and strength multiple times, that they'd be smart enough to let it go and walk away. With that level of awareness, I have to wonder how they even survived as hunters long enough to come here. Unless they were planning to clear land with level 1-2 monsters without ever having fought in a dungeon before. They seem stupid enough that that might be possible.

I kinda want them to go and build themselves a fort or something out there and farm the monsters, but like them, I don't trust this "partial ownership" thing. It probably includes heavy taxes and/or ore and item quotas or something equally ridiculous. Plus, there wouldn't be any internet.

So, what happened to all the boats that were there when the land emerged? Were they vanished to another reality? Moved onto land? Stranded out in the new monster infested land? or not even out on the water in the first place due to water fairing monsters?

lightnovelcafe likes this.
  7. ZhaWarudo

ZhaWarudo TOKI WO TOMARE!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    you can, just not the rare ones

8. ZhaWarudo

Reading List:
    Link
    plot holes : no agillity stat since he doubled it up, how can the author ignore that stat just after writting how fast he runs
    no crafting other than 2 bloody swords, he could've been a millionair by now
    glasses which have dimensional space - lame, were said to only have capacity of 1 item, clearly they don't

9. Amphidsf

Amphidsf Realm Razor

Reading List:
    Link
    He upgraded it.

10. lightnovelcafe

Reading List:
    Link
    You can only have 1 skill (skillbook). You can have more than 1 item though.

11. ZhaWarudo

Reading List:
    Link
    One of its feature was that you could store the user’s skill and item into a virtual space.
    well then there is a missing s to item, chap 48 I believe

12. lightnovelcafe

Reading List:
    Link
    So skillbooks work differently because you cant store them. Once you open and read the skillbook, it disappears. The manual/glasses can show you what skill other people have and what skill you have but it cant store a skill or skillbook (unless the skillbook hasnt been read by anyone). But it can store items. I like that you can remember the chapters though ;) impressive

13. LollipoPReapeR

LollipoPReapeR Frequent visitor of the Yellow Springs Resort

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yeah, in the 'extra skill' slot, it said 'none'. Does that mean he doesn't have an extra skill or does he not have the slot at all?

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    So, does this mean that he's not charging a rental fee for the shield anymore?

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if him finally realizing that his strength is enhanced by enhancing his team's strength will lead him to upgrading their equipment for them when the opportunity arises. If so, he should go buy some high grade equipment of the types that they use, kill/attack one thing each with each of them, and then sell them. There doesn't seem to be any real difference between purchase and selling price, so he won't lose anything by doing this, but he will gain the necessary recipes.

I keep forgetting to ask this, but didn't it say in the very early chapters that if you die in a dungeon you disappear along with all of your items? If so, then why are people suddenly surprised about not being able to find corpses of failed teams in dungeons?

16. lightnovelcafe

Reading List:
    Link
    I think in the very early chapters, your body wouldn't disappear...it would not be found because most of the time it would be eaten up by the monsters. So it was very surprising to find that they were disappearing. Items did disappear though because if someone died and dropped the item, it would disappear.

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder how much he'll explain.

Also wondering if any of that stuff can be combined.

They should probably go back, sell stuff, and invest in various perimeter defense mechanisms to help them spot would-be ambushers. If they're aren't any available, then they should head back to town, buy all the stock they can from as many stores as they can afford and then go back and sell them along the border of the hunting grounds. They'd probably make a decent amount, very safely, with the added benefit of scaring away their hunting competitors.

Considering how high the drop rates are in the hunting grounds, they really should look into what "partial ownership" means. Depending on how bad the terms are, it might be worthwhile to take advantage of it to establish a fortified position where they can sleep. Of course, they could always just establish a base out there and not bother registering it, but that has its own drawbacks.

If the government was serious about all this, they'd insist that all teams carry tracking devices with life monitoring functions and, whenever one team died in close proximity to another, just assume that one team murdered the other. Of course, this would stop teams from helping each other, but it would probably save more lives than it cost. You'd also have to treat anyone who took their monitor off as someone who was planning to commit murder.

Though, with the amount of corruption in this world, some corrupt sob would probably use his authority (or bribe someone with the authority) to go in without a monitor, track down the other people using their monitors and then kill them. Either that, or just hunt them down using the monitors and kill them then bribe someone when they get back to fix the records. That way, if their victims managed to kill them, they'd go down for murder.

Yeah, it was the items disappearing that I was thinking of.

18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    There's a part of me that wishes he'd take her up on that offer, but the rest of me thinks that she's too good for him ;)

He's going to regret lying about how he stores stuff if he ever has to tell the truth in the future. Like if a second pair of glasses drops.

I wonder if the author realizes that strength isn't the major barrier to using dual swords? Its coordination and an ability to multitask. Its a problem of the way your brain works and muscle control. No amount of strength is going to fix that. Unless you don't care about technique at all, but that's a very good way to get yourself killed.

That aside, I think it would be better to give her a ranged weapon and keep her in the back. Her team buff is extremely important. If she goes down, the rest of the team will likely follow shortly thereafter.

SeiraJLoyard likes this.
  19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Knowing their personalities, I'm sure they'd be happy to leave and let the other group have the canyon, which means that the other group are probably bandits and this is an ambush. Hopefully no one on their side dies.

I wonder how long it will take for guilds/clans/corporations/whatever to form and seize permanent control of the more densely populated monster habitats and spawn points? It shouldn't be more than a month at the outside. After that, I expect small scale wars and skirmishes to happen constantly between them when they aren't hunting monsters and killing "intruders." At that point he may need to clear the trash a bit by erasing the level 3 dungeons.

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm honestly surprised that the other teams haven't already teamed up and smashed through one of the checkpoints. Unless Ezekiel is using teir 4+ equipment, there's no reason to think they could stop so many. And if they could outfit so many people with tier 4+, there'd be no point in trying to monopolize level 1-2 monsters.