MMORPG's (Or just MMO's)

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Lachiel, Oct 22, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    So I figured I would get the ball rolling in this area too...

I'm currently waiting for Black Desert to release in the west so I can get my KR-MMORPG addiction fix'd..

The last one I played was Archeage which turned out to be just a cash grab.. even more so then the korean version..

I also played guild wars 1, guild wars 2, My first mmorpg was SilkRoad Online, swtor, a bunch of free to play mmo's that I can't help but not list... Cabal online 1, R.O.H.A.N bloodfued, and aion. (Do note that they are not in the order I played them in.

A kind of a big list but still they are all part of my gaming history..
    So what has everyone played and like or has managed to keep them hooked..

2. Jekill

Jekill Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm a bit old.
    I played Ultima Online, The 4th Coming, Ragnarok, World of Warcraft.

3. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    I could never into Ragnarok... ~_~ but I was coming from grindy KR fest called SilkRoad.. WoW I never touched until recently with there free "until 20" thing.. wasn't a fan.

4. PROPER

PROPER Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know I briefly played some MMO type games in the past but they never stuck with me for very long. Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn being the longest I'd played out of all of them and that was just about two months. I'd of continued playing but the friends I was going to play it with dropped the game or were settled into a different server.

Black Desert caught my interest last year but there was no way to play it aside from the unofficial proxies and patches loops available. I had neither the time nor effort to go through with that. So here I am, waiting. But damn does that game look beautiful.

5. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    The last game I played was DFO through neople a month ago (Thanks King's Avatar!). I played for 3 days with creator and priest until running out the fatigue premium which costed me 70k gold. It reached level 40/30 IIRC. For some reason, I didn't want to continue playing the game even though I bought the clone avatar sets.

The previous MMO I played and fully enjoyed was Shattered Galaxy (RIP), and path of exile (stopped after 3 months of playing). I briefly played other MMOs, such as Rose online, RF Online, Cabal, MU, RO. I only stopped playing those games after open beta or when I feel that exp acquisition reached bottleneck.

I play Dota 2 a lot years back though. Now, I'm only reading novels.

Regarding RO though, they say Tree of Savior will be similar to it. I'm not really interested in playing anymore though.

6. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    Funny enough I started FRO for the same reason.. being kings avatar.. but it can't seem to hold my interest even if the classes feel unique.. it just feels clunky in a sense... but it is a side scroller so i shouldn't really expect much.
    Also I've touched Rose Online, couldn't get into it after a week, RF was the same about 2 weeks for that one.. Cabal was about a year stint? but I really liked the classes and combat in that one.. MU and RO not so much.

7. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    I like DFO, it's just that novels are more interesting. Maybe if I get bored, I would go back and play it.

As for RF and Rose, I played it only for open beta. For Cabal, I reached lvl 150+. I forgot the actual level though. The only reason I played Cabal was due to my friends and when they quit, I also quit. They quit because I outleveled them lol.

What I really enjoyed was Shattered Galaxy though. I played that game for 2 years or so before it got 'old'.

8. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My laptop has low-middle specification, so I can't really play good mmo without lagging.
    The only one that I manage to run in my laptop are Glory Destiny, Grand Fantasia, Aion, and Skyforge. Play GD and GF until level 50+, can't play Aion because of motion sickness, and just started Skyforge. To be honest, beside combat system, I don't really understand how to play skyforge even after 2 month.

Ldyrdy likes this.
  9. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    So I finally got around to play a MMO again.. friends sucked me into FFXIV, but hey w.e I'll only for the 30 days or so before I quit and end up playing FO4.

10. Setras

Setras Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone played/heard of Age of Wushu? Pretty fun wuxia game that I loved two years ago. You can literally go around killing anyone you want if you're strong enough.
    Other than that, I played GW2, GW, Kingdom Heroes, 9 Dragons, Lunia, FlyFF, and many many others that I don't even remember anymore. Sadly, most of the MMORPGs I used to play are dead now...

11. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    Jesus 9 Dragons, FlyFF, both were so good.. yet now when I look back at them I can't help but cry :(.. GW and GW2.... GW was amazing I still miss it I might try to recover my account.. :/ GW2 was a bit of a let down but I still managed to max level 3 characters of 3 different classes.. and all dat jazz.

12. Setras

Setras Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I lost my GW account too! For some reason my main character was deleted and they couldn't recover it. I was so sad that I quit.
    GW2 got way too repetitive even with the ever changing world...

And lol. Did you play 9 Dragons a lot? What server? IGN? That game was my life for like 3 years.

13. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't.. honestly remember what server I use to play.. D=. But I can't even remember what server I use to play on SRO and I played that for like 4 years.. :/ My IGN was Lachiel :3

14. Setras

Setras Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh.. Too bad lol
    I used to play SRO too till the European stuff came out then I quit xD

15. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    I think thats when a lot of people quit.. I mean I liked the idea, but the execution of it was pretty meh.. It went from a solo based race to a team based race.. so it became like Gods vs.. heros or some shit.

16. Evilnemesis7

Evilnemesis7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The two MMO's I've played are Runescape which I played for about 2 years(?) which I dropped when WoW released back in 2004.

Being a huge Blizzard fanboy how could I pass up that game? To this day it is my most played game and will probably remain so as I cannot dedicate that much time of my life to a game anymore ( real life and being an adult is a bitch ).

I played from 2004, took a few months break near the end of vanilla around mid 06 and came back for The Burning Crusade expansion in January 2007. I played all of TBC, arenas were my life as I am always a PvPer at heart. I played the first 2 PvP seasons of Wrath of the Lich King which and then quit to focus on studies. Which was a good thing since the later expansions were not so fun especially for PvPers.

Around 2010 when I had a bit more time I joined both Burning Crusade and WotLK private servers as to relive my experience and I continued to do so for about 2 years until I got myself a real proper job.

Every other time I get an itch to rekt some scrubs but I have willpower. In general I've not been gaming a lot for the last 2-3 years really.

I had around 250 days played at the end of Vanilla on my main and 350 at the end of TBC. With my Lich King days and my private server days I probably have around 550ish days total of played time.

Yes, I had no life at all. But I had fun.

17. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    The last MMORPGs I played are FFXIV and TERA Online. FFXIV (or maybe FFXVI?) I played because a friend said that it's the final MMORPG you'll ever play. I enjoyed it immensely, until my work suffered, so I stopped the subscription. TERA Online has great system and character design. Instead of using RNG to avoid damage, you actually have to move your character to evade. I managed to beat up bosses on my own using Castanic Slayer until my connection started lagging and I could no longer do those awesome moves like before. TERA Online quests suck balls, but the character designs are awesome, totally beautiful. Unfortunately, the non-Korean versions suffered much censorship.

As for MMOGs, I play several browser games, but nothing talk to mom about. I'm even wondering if I should just stop playing those games altogether.

Astaroth likes this.
  18. Nyanko

Nyanko Psychotic Cat Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    I gave up on Guild Wars, for when I got back after a long absence, my characters were cleaned out! How did they do it? I have no idea. And ArenaNet weren't interested in helping me get my rare, black vabbian armour set ;_;
    Anyway my MMO's inculde Guild Wars, WoW, FF11, FF13, SWTOR. I've also played some of Aeria's MMO's as well, such as Grand Fantasia and Eden Eternal; really liked this one, but hated the grinding!

19. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    what do you feel about the upcoming warcraft movie? I'm sure you'll watch it. I haven't played WoW, so I doubt I'll watch it since I only read novels atm.

20. Evilnemesis7

Evilnemesis7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I won't watch it. The main writer for a lot of blizzard lore is all about love and peace nowadays and so everyone is a bunch of "dindu nuffin" and redemption arcs.
    I'm sure the movie will have the "appropriate changes" that portray orcs as "they're not so bad actually!" When this is a movie about the first war.

Warcraft lore has been butchered times and times again over the years. Even my PvP focused self is disgusted by that fact. Also you kinda did not read how I was a pvper for the most part? Why would I care much about a warcraft movie.

I only did PvE for the items that were so overpowered ( usually rings/weapons/trinkets ) that not having them in PvP was pretty detrimental to your success.

JJ likes this.