Chinese General Above I Am Below (Oh My General) 将军在上我在下 (将军在上) – 橘花散里

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Peterpan97, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Peterpan97

Peterpan97 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: General Above I Am Below (Oh My General) 将军在上我在下 (将军在上) – 橘花散里
    Raw Link: http://www.quanben.io/n/jiangjunzaishangwozaixia/list.html
    NU Link: none

Why It Should Get Picked Up: It Sounds awesome. The chapters are really short with 1-3 pages with a total of 119 chapters. It sounds really funny and light hearted.

Description: Review by ChubbyCheeks
    https://chubbycheeksthoughts.com/2017/02/22/review-general-on-top-i-am-below/

Review: General On Top, I Am Below
    I finished reading General On Top, I Am Below and thought to put in a short post/review of it since this novel is very memorable. There will be a drama coming out about it (which I now look forward and hope that it remains funny). A short synopsis can be found in SSB and the raw links are also available there.

SETUP
    After finishing the war, the General sent an apology report to the Emperor stated that she had kept the Emperor in the dark on her gender. The entire court was stunned because no one believed that she was a female as she conduct herself as a guy. She ate like a guy, tease females, like to look at beautiful females, cursed like a guy, dress like a guy, look like one. It was only when her senile grandfather mention “Ye family only have sons! Just a son with a vagina!” that the Emperor collapse and believe it. After much deliberations, the Emperor decided to marry her to his nephew.

This nephew of his has a poor bill of health when he was young. Faint when it’s too hot, fall ill if it’s too cold and was always kept indoors behind four walls. Many times when he was young, even when he is grown up, he was mistaken as a female as he had a very beautiful face and fair skin. When he got better and his mother let him out of the house, he discover the colourful outside world and love to go to Courtesan Houses to play.

This novel basically tells the story of how this couple got together, learn to love one another and grow together.

MY THOUGHTS
    This novel is by far the funniest one I ever read!!! Even though the funny things are consistent throughout the entire novel, it is still funny! Example, all his concubines started fawning the General after she married into the family like she is the husband and the Prince got angry! How the General’s senile grandfather look at the Prince and told him to quickly give birth! How he got so jealous of another female that he told the General, “If she is here, there is no me!”

I keep bursting into laughter when I was reading it and there is always something funny in each chapter.

Synapsis By Moonblossom Over at Shushengbar
    She is the older, physically stronger, among the two n came to him with penance in mind. She is unwavering in support of him which let him grow into an admirable man. Like he later realize – if he wanted to kill someone; she will be there to help sharpen the knife. If he wanted to seduce a woman, she will be there to act as watch out. She will support him all that he do n he need not just e a useless, sickly bum of a weasel.

However, that doesn’t make her soft – she still wears the pants in the family with aplomb n happily overpowers him in bed. Haha.

The side characters have interesting side stories too n created most of the plot movements including war n death. Driven by love, jealousy, envy, ambition, eavh made a lasting impression especially Ye Zhao’s cousin, Liu who is incredibly brave n resourceful beneath her beautiful, frail exterior.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
  2. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 seems interesting

Trane and pepeoo like this.
  3. Rimuru Tempest

Rimuru Tempest Slime Demon Lord Fighting the Last Boss

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems interesting so I'll say +1

4. Trane

Trane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This sounds like the readers are gonna follow a future family with alot of plotting against each other, but since this is about the MC it's worth a try

5. bibi

bibi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    someone is translating this novel

Archaic pickle likes this.
  6. Archaic pickle

Archaic pickle Daoist Heavenly Kimichi

Reading List:
    Link
    It's been picked up? Could you get us a link so the op can change it to "picked up"? Tab

7. bibi

bibi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Neurotic Moon

Neurotic Moon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel hasn't been updated in three months. I'm not exactly sure about the rules on poaching but I really hope someone will pick it up again as I really love this novel!

Moy, Masy82, govindec and 1 other person like this.
  9. bibi

bibi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ... or translate the drama!

Manic Josei likes this.
  10. kaguya0401

kaguya0401 aka Xia (fledgling editor & TL'er)

Reading List:
    Link
    After 3 months of no posting, the novel can be picked-up by someone else (at least by NUF rules).
    I am/was the editor for the novel and I haven't been able to get in touch with the TL'er for the past few months. I do know that they were having internet issues around their last post. I do hope they are alright though.

Moy likes this.
  11. leedalys

leedalys Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, if you don't mind, I intend to translate it. BUT I will do it probably from next week or the one after (IRL problems), and my english is not really good (not my native one). I was wondering if you'll agree to be my editor once im done translating ... I work with blob translation :)
    Just, Im not as fast as the previous translator :)

govindec and astaterix like this.
  12. kaguya0401

kaguya0401 aka Xia (fledgling editor & TL'er)

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure, I'd be more than happy to do so! Send me a PM and we can work out some details.

govindec likes this.
  13. flamingred

flamingred Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    bibi likes this.
  14. Land of The Fallen

Land of The Fallen Hax's | Immortal

Reading List:
    Link
    :cookie::cookie::cookie:
    Seems interesting. Hope someone translates it.

15. Aris12

Aris12 Cold Ruthless Devil Loli

Reading List:
    Link
  16. Neurotic Moon

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there anyone willing to translate? :cry:

17. Neurotic Moon

Reading List:
    Link
    Wondering if I should shameless bump...

18. Neurotic Moon

Reading List:
    Link
    Decided to shameless bump...but only every two weeks so this novel can see the light of day.

19. Neurotic Moon

Reading List:
    Link
    Why did this novel get changed to picked up? Did it get picked up? *eyes shine like three months of electricity bills*

bibi likes this.
  20. bibi

bibi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    who know?