LCD The Desolate Era

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by JJ, Nov 4, 2015.

1. negritis

negritis The Mathematician

Reading List:
    Link
    i know the outcome :D but wont spoil it

btw how cool of an ending would have been if he fails here and then fades away, with his hopes not being fulfilled?
    i mean its said, and many ppl would have been angry and stuff
    but still a unique ending at an appropriate time

Caskie likes this.
  2. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    3 chapters for a daomerge, as compared to Martial World where a single breakthrough can take 40 chapters, lol.

Mercy and Slayerwolfx2 like this.
  3. Slayerwolfx2

Slayerwolfx2 [Immortal Forever]

Reading List:
    Link
    Why?
    I mean he still has a lot to do, and for that, he needs power.
    Failing is like the author writing himself to a block...
    His preparations don't seem inadequate either, and so far there isn't any foreshadowing for failure... at least not as much as it has for succeeding.

The author has already hammered into us the fact no one has previously succeeded, and for the MC to simply add 1 more to the numbers seems unlikely.

4. defry

defry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My speculation is that he will use the body of that mysterious being and the formation left by Autarch Awakener to achieve his eternity. I bet this was all planed by Autarch Awakener.

5. applestooranges

applestooranges cxxxxx[::::::::::> <:::::::::::::::]xxxxxכ

Reading List:
    Link
    1. If Ning succeeds then he will immediately(my guess) get the ability to revive YW. So then Ning will need to find a new goal/reason to get stronger, and I don't see IET doing that.
    2. The novel still has like 160 chapters left and if Ning gets end of the novel class power 160 chapters before hand then what will the author write about? Ning can find all the secrets in probably like 2 books max because he will be an Omega Sovereign.
    3. Ning himself is leaving so many clues that he will fail the daomerge
    4. The emperor waveshift (did i spell that right?) guy said that Ning probably won't succeed.
    5. Ning trains in an Omega Dao, it has been revealed that there are others like him, but nobody has succeeded
    6. Ning himself said he can't get any new insights into the sword dao so unless it's perfect (which is unlikely) he won't succeed.

6. applestooranges

applestooranges cxxxxx[::::::::::> <:::::::::::::::]xxxxxכ

Reading List:
    Link
    What mysterious being?

Lord Ainzzz likes this.
  7. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    1. If a well established and very ancient Autuarch was unable to Revive his wife even at the cost of his own life... then Ning will most definitely not be able to revive his wife upon becoming an Emperor. What Titanos said was if Ning reached the Autuarch level with an Omega Dao then he may well be able to revive her. Though he wasn't sure because no one has ever achieved eternity with an Omega Dao let alone Autuarchy.

3. Like?

4. He said Ning would only have a chance if he grasped every opportunity available to him (Which Ning now has). He said as he was now (Before this past arc) he would likely fail. There is a difference.

Slayerwolfx2 likes this.
  8. Slayerwolfx2

Reading List:
    Link
    Ermm, you're mistaken.

1) He needs to become an autarch using the omega dao... else he will be just an incredibly powerful hegemon, even more powerful than otherverse lords. He will still be below an autarch though.

2) Doesn't say anything that there are that many chapters yet. Mostly cause your first reason is invalid.

3) Really, when? So far, he has only said "I have trained to my utmost of skills", studied a shit ton amount of other daos, and has already reached the limit of how much those daos can help him, which is also the reason he decided to attempt the daomergenow, instead of the very end of his lifespan. Saying that he has the "Daomerge Firecloud Flower that can't last for a long time" as an excuse proves nothing, as he was the one that hastened its ripening to be only about 1000 chaos circles.

4) You do understand what 'probably' means, right? Also since then Ning has tried even harder to improve his chances. Remember where I said that he has reached the limit in most of the things that can help him? Yea, that's what I meant.

5) So what does prevent him from being the first? I really don't understand how you think this is a reason... like, not to belight others who trained in their respective omega daos and failed, but whom amongst them managed so much? Heck! He has that Daomerge Firecloud Flower, that is normally impossible to obtain unless you're an autarch, or have inside help and TONS of luck (which Ning did), and even has the Autarch’s stone dais, both of which immensly raise his chances, and put him far above others (plus all of the daos he trained in because of it in such a short amount of time).

6) No, it means he has reached the utmost crisp of perfection. When a being such as him says he can't improve more, it means it's trully far above him to improve. It's literally a wall! He says that even if he trained till the end of his life, he might not even be able to improve anything! Meaning, that if he fails, he won't have a second chance even if he somehow could prevent the decaying of his soul, and have a second attempt at the daomerge...

Viola likes this.
  9. gymzim

gymzim Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What makes you think he will still be below an Autarch if he succeeds his Daomerge. My thoughts would be he should be comparable to an Autarch upon successful completion because of how respective Daolords compare post Daomerge.
    You get no supreme Daos: normal emperor
    1 Supreme Dao: Archon
    Multiple fused supreme Daos: Hegemon
    Omega Daos: unknown/ but as a full power level above Hegemon it would make sense to be comparable to Autarchs.

10. VinnyOni1

VinnyOni1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ning predicted that if he was to succeed in the daomerge he would the most powerful cultivator under the autarch level. So not quite on the autarch level, but likely able to stay alive in the face of one.

Currently Ning is just on the level of a regular Hegemon. Powerful hegemons like Brightshore and Otherverse leaders are above Ning's level of power. It's just he has a pitbull that is really strong so his "total" power is above them.

Edit: According to your chart the level above eternal emperor is archon and the level above that is hegemon. But in reality those are all sub-levels of eternal emperor. So a "level" of power above hegemon would be either top 5 hegemon (like brightshore) or otherverse lord. Since there is a huge gap of power between regular hegemons and hegemons like brightshore.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    Viola likes this.
  11. Slayerwolfx2

Reading List:
    Link
    Normally, a cultivator after succeeding in his daomerge will go to become an emperor, and if he has even more excellent insights he will be a hegemon.

HOWEVER! There is a clear distinction between Autarches and hegemons. While a clear distinction doesn't appear between hegemons and emperors, it does for the next level, Autarchs.
    Also, it is stated that no matter how many hegemons or even powerful otherverse lords you manage to find to battle an Autarch, they won't be able to harm him, even if he was standing still...

An omega dao will certainly be stronger than normal supreme daos, but in the end it's still a dao that hasn't achieved autarchy.

Think of it like that: Ning is powerful enough as a daolord to be able to contest with hegemons freely, but against an autarch (or even an incredibly powerful otherverse lord (with lots of treasures) he can only run) he stands no chance.
    Now, even at the most improbable inhuman possibility he is on par with Autarchs after his daomerge, he STILL WONT BE ABLE TO REVIVE HIS WIFE...
    And remember, that's by overestimating him, as most people think he will be just far stronger than otherverse lords, not equal to an autarch
    BUT! Even if he was equal to an autarch, he still wouldn't be able to save his wife, as even a real autarch couldn't.

12. gymzim

gymzim Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For your edit. Autarchs are also a sub level under eternal emperor we can tell by the fact that Autarch Awakener knows that his 9 chaos seals cannot upgrade eternal class power.

13. Viola

Reading List:
    Link

No, Autuarchs are not a sub-level under Emperors. The whole novel so far has made Autuarchs out to be an entirely new realm. Otherverse Lords are a sub-class under Emperors but Autuarchs are not.

VinnyOni1 likes this.
  14. VinnyOni1

VinnyOni1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually autarchy is another level entirely. It's when the "dao births other daos". Which is why the two hardest breakthroughs are considered from daolord to eternal emperor and from eternal emperor to autarch.

Viola likes this.
  15. gymzim

gymzim Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree he shouldn’t be able to save his wife immediately even if he is successful. The question is Daos that achieve Autarchy how do they do so? Is it from just further insights, or is it from having no more flaws in a dao. After all we know it’s possible to train to Hegemon level from normal emperor. And I believe all Autarchs were originally hegemons that made that final breakthrough. Why can’t Ning’s dao already be at the Autarch level when he achieves eternity due to it being completely flawless.

16. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    That makes no sense... if your logic applies why didn't he just instantly achieve eternity because his Dao Is an Omega Dao and is perfect.

Slayerwolfx2 likes this.
  17. gymzim

gymzim Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ning himself said his dao was without flaws. And it encompasses the entirety of the dao of the sword.
    And everyone seems to be thinking Autarchs are just completely different from emperors. Other than just being extremely well versed in the dao I don’t believe there’s a difference. No changes in godgems other than a bit better energy, etc... If you really want to divide people by levels you could split it into mortals cultivators immortals. Mortals being below celestial immortal where less than 108k chaos cycles of life, then celestial to Daolord with 108k cc of life, until unlimited lifespan at eternal emperor and above.

18. negritis

Reading List:
    Link
    maybe with heartfore max lvl + omega dao can put him to just a bit below autharch
    and when he fuses everything into the azure stuff he will be on par with autarchs

19. negritis

Reading List:
    Link
    i think its not perfect, but he has no way to further perfect it

20. SeiNoNarukana

SeiNoNarukana [A Certain Holy Sword]

Reading List:
    Link
    Just in case somebody want the result spoiler :
    He failed his daomerge