LCD The Desolate Era

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by JJ, Nov 4, 2015.

1. VinnyOni1

VinnyOni1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It encompassed the entirety of the dao of the sword when he had omega sword daolord I. Just because it encompassed all of the dao doesn't mean it can't be improved. Hence why we had daolord omega 2, 3, 4. And you can't arbitrarily decide all immortals are the same level. We have to go by what the story has told us, which is autarch is a different level than eternal emperors.

2. gymzim

gymzim Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Arbitrary decide I gave examples of reasoning. Not really arbitrary and the story only tells us that hegemons break through to autarchy. Almost the same as eternal emperors can break through to reach Archon level or archons can to reach hegemony. We also even know that people constantly overestimate how powerful Autarchs are because of the Dawn war. We know that levels of power near the top is otherverse lords<Sithe exalts~= chaos primordials<Autarchs
    If the Autarchs were as powerful as people like to think it would only take 1 to beat the sithe but we know that it took many Autarchs and they still had a hard fought war.

3. VinnyOni1

Reading List:
    Link
    @gymzim
    So as we can see from that passage the distinction between eternal emperors and autarchs is that eternal emperors must have eternal daos and autarchs must reach "one Dao births many Daos". And if I'm not mistaken their godgems transform as well when they reach the autarch level of power.

Viola likes this.
  4. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    He said that when he was a World God too. Hence my point. If your logic is to be followed then the last 10+ books should have never happened because his Dao is perfect and he should instantly become an Emperor then instantly become an Autuarch then instantly become whatever else is beyond that if there is anything. Your logic makes this novel pointless.

The only problem is that the novel has stated there is a difference. So i don't know why you are making a stand on this point. Autuarchs are different from Emperors.

The novel has stated this in many different ways. Including the Whole new level of the Dao which can be likened to the transformation from Daolord to Emperor. Not to mention how the Godgems are different as explained by Titanos himself.

The God Gems do change. This was explained when Titanos was telling Ning why he was unable to revive his wife.

VinnyOni1 likes this.
  5. VinnyOni1

Reading List:
    Link
    There is strength in numbers and the numbers of sithes vastly outnumber the number of autarchs. World Gods in a formation can kill a daolord. Daolords in a formation can kill an eternal emperor. Eternal emperors in a formation...etc. Now imagine what the masters of formations, the sithe, can do against autarch when foot soldiers were nearly on par with hegemons in power. Yes Autarch are the most powerful thing we currently know about, yes they were stronger than the sithe, but they don't have the numbers (not without involving the rest of the cultivators).

Viola likes this.
  6. gymzim

gymzim Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    People do not read “ no change in godgems other than a bit better energy.” There’s no major change people want to see things look at where they talk about Hegemon godgems for everworlds

7. VinnyOni1

Reading List:
    Link
    lol a bit better energy. So energy so great that prime essences don't want to let go of it is considered "a bit better". The prime essences literally gave their all to make sure a smidgen of that "bit better energy" wasn't revived and taken from them.

I found a passage where a hegemon identifies as a eternal emperor and places autarchs on a different level than herself (this passage basically sums up everything).

Viola likes this.
  8. gymzim

gymzim Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The chaosverse doesn’t want anyone to revive they don’t want to let anyone go, Ning only has Daolord level energy but even if he wasn’t from Autarchs everworld he’d still be far more difficult to revive then other daolords

9. VinnyOni1

Reading List:
    Link
    I was referring to how if it wasn't for Yu Wei having a minuscule amount of autarch energy the autarch would have been able to easily revive her. In fact, he would have been able to revive her even if she was a world god if not for that energy. But since she did have that energy, energy that you say is only " a bit better", the chaosverse went all out in keeping her. So an entire universe (literally) thinks that energy is important.

Viola likes this.
  10. AardwarkThe2nd

AardwarkThe2nd (R-18 writer) Aardwark, the king of aardvarks!

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you've misunderstood something. 'Perfection of the Dao' doesn't mean 'Completion of the Cultivation Path'.
    Still have to rise from Daolord 1-4, Eternal Emperor and Autarch.

11. VinnyOni1

Reading List:
    Link
    lol you misunderstood Viola's point.

Viola likes this.
  12. AardwarkThe2nd

AardwarkThe2nd (R-18 writer) Aardwark, the king of aardvarks!

Reading List:
    Link
    So what was his point?

13. VinnyOni1

Reading List:
    Link
    I just realized something. If autarchs break through and turn their dao into a prime essence... then that means they have an omega dao since their dao literally encompasses the entireity of their primary prime essence. I'm blowing your mindddsssssssss.

Viola likes this.
  14. VinnyOni1

Reading List:
    Link
    His point was just because Ning dao covers all of the dao of the sword doesn't mean it is completely perfect and can't grow. He was saying if it was perfect and complete then the moment he made it (daolord level) he would automatically become the strongest being there was. (The comment was in response to another poster who was saying Ning's dao should be at the level of an autarch because it is flawless).

Edit: So essentially you two were making the same point.

Viola likes this.
  15. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn... loopholes are awesome!

Exactly, i agree with you.
    I was just saying what would happen if his point was true.. which it isn't... the biggest example of why being that there is still more to read and the book didn't finish right after he was a World God

He is just ignoring what the book is saying at this point and imagining his own version of what he wants. You've already quoted many points that prove him wrong.
    It isn't like we are arguing opinions here. We are debating what the book is saying and 1 person (you) is quoting the book to prove it and the other guy isn't but keeps saying we (the book) is wrong.

If everyone reads Book 38 Chapter 4 it becomes clear there is a clear difference between the two... plus all the other quotes proving it from other chapters.

16. applestooranges

applestooranges cxxxxx[::::::::::> <:::::::::::::::]xxxxxכ

Reading List:
    Link
    4. “It means that there was no life at all!” Emperor Waveshift shook his head. “Based on what I saw just now… you will definitely fail your Daomerge!”

1. You're right about that one, I misread that...

1. Yep I misread that

2. The amount of chapters left can be easily found... just check lnmtl for it and some basic math

3. If he was truly at the supreme peak of the sword then his sword would be able to birth many other daos but it can't. I understand that he has not completed the daomerge yet, but if his sword was at the peak then just because of his sword dao he would be able to master multiple other daos with very little effort, and (possibly) not requiring so many meditation treasures to reach archon level in them.

4. I do understand what probably means... But just because Ning has tried even harder to improve his chances does not mean he will succeed. It's also probable that the others who have had omega daos and failed their daomerge would have had multiple daomerge treasures and possibly even the Daomerge Firecloud Flower because to obtain an omega dao as a dao they require massive amounts of karmic luck like Ning...

5.) There is nothing other than Ning himself which prevents himself from being the first, but how do we know that other daolords in different universes have not accomplished as much as Ning? We have nearly 0 information about them and so your statement, like mine, is purely speculation. Again, it is very possible for the previous omega daolords to have also had the daomerge firecloud flower because like Ning they have TONS of luck. The previous omega daolords have also had access to the stone dais, “This Stonefire Pearl is now yours.” The white-haired elder handed it over to Ning while saying, “But of course, you are not allowed to give it to others. If you die in the future, it’ll fly back to the estate and await its next destined owner”, and it is very likely that others also trained in more than just one dao.

6. It does not necessarily mean he has reached the utmost crisp of perfection. It means that he does not know how to improve, but that does not mean that he can't improve. And you say a being such as him, but Ning is only a DAOLORD not an Autarch, so his view on the dao is still severly limited. If he fails he will get some mc plot armor and try again somehow, and itll probably have something to do with the sithe because we know very little about them except that they were super advanced. Again, just because he does not know how to improve it, does not mean that it can't be improved. If Ning were to trade his realmship to an autarch and maybe ask them how to improve it, perhaps the autarch could help him out because while they may not have trained in the omega sword dao, they are autarchs so they might be able to help him.

17. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd would be interested in seeing that. It wont happen but it would be pretty cool for a Daolord to discuss the Dao with an Autuarch.

If it did happen i don't think the Autuarch would not be able to improve The Omega Dao.... more like he would just enlighten Ning about different ways to achieve the same thing thus inspiring him.

Ah, i thought he was more ambiguous.

18. Mercy

Mercy ...

Reading List:
    Link
    So even though He Faild his Daomerge He still Got his Eternal Omega Dao which meams a Big Boost...Then theres The Sword Heart Lvl Up...And Last but not least his Swords...
    I feel like hell Fight The Lonely King by Him self...

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
    Slayerwolfx2 likes this.
  19. bloo-eagle

bloo-eagle Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I genuinely wouldn't mind him failing his Daomerge if he actually dies afterwards. Now we get to see an asspull after all that "if a Daolord fails his Daomerge, that's it, forever, no matter what they do, no exceptions!"

20. applestooranges

applestooranges cxxxxx[::::::::::> <:::::::::::::::]xxxxxכ

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok time to speculate how ning will stop his true soul from dissipating
    1. Nuwa?
    2. Autarch technique?
    3. Something to do with awakener?
    4. Or something with Sithe
    5. Something else entirely.