LCD The Desolate Era

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by JJ, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    Couldn't agree more.

2. gymzim

gymzim Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The might of his aura spread out in every direction, causing even the elderly white-haired spirit of the estate who was watching nearby to feel a tinge of fear. The spirit couldn’t help but lower his head and hunch over. This was an intrinsic fear that came from the very core of his being. In truth, estate-spirits could be considered a special type of lifeform.

“Such power…” the white-haired elder tamped down his fear and struggled to raise his head to look at Ning.

The black-robed Ning was emanating countless streams of sword-light that were filled with an aura of utter dominance and exaltedness. The only time the long-lived white-haired elder had ever seen anyone like this had been when he had served his almighty master, Autarch Awakener.
    The Hegemons and Otherverse Lords, no matter how talented, were at most only at the Hegemonic level of insight. Beyond that was the level of Autarchy! However, one who made an Omega Dao eternal would surpass all Hegemons in terms of profundity of insight into the Dao!

“Only two beings can surpass Hegemony. The first are the Autarchs; the second would be an Omega Eternal Emperor.”
    This aura was the aura of an Eternal Omega Sword Dao! No one would dare to stand against this terrifying aura.

“Such power! Such might! This aura is far more powerful than mine. Not even the Sithe Exalts were this powerful!” Flamewing was able to instinctively judge the power of this aura. There had never been an Emperor who reached that level via an Eternal Omega Dao. Someone who did would be more powerful than Otherverse Lords, Sourcewalkers, and even Sithe Exalts! Only the unfathomably powerful Autarchs would be on this level of power.

All three of those passageways in chapter 41 I would say make me right in a successful daomerge would put Ning on the Autarch level

Viola likes this.
  3. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, well i wasn't the one debating you on that point. That was someone else.

Tbh, we don't know if Ning is actually at an Autuarchs level yet. It is assumed from the reactions of people who would know but we cant be sure. Though i do agree he is likely an equal to Autuarchs... though probably the weakest tier of Autuarchs only. We still need some people who will be able to cause Ning trouble in the future after all.

I thought you were saying these chapters validated the other point you were debating. Which these chapters did the opposite of.

gymzim likes this.
  4. gymzim

gymzim Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, if you're talking about Autarchs are/aren't eternal emperors. I'd say the chapter doesn't really prove either way for example
    The Hegemons and Otherverse Lords, no matter how talented, were at most only at the Hegemonic level of insight. Beyond that was the level of Autarchy! However, one who made an Omega Dao eternal would surpass all Hegemons in terms of profundity of insight into the Dao!
    This could easily be taken as Autarchs are just emperors with a higher level of insight similar to archons/hegemons, but there's really no definitive argument either way.

5. ABMAINA

ABMAINA ★☆☆☆☆

Reading List:
    Link
    i like the fact that he failed his daomerge not following a linear route for powering up is something i think iet does well, it probably won't happen at all but an insane raging ning would be something I'd love to see, also hype for the next book's title woot.

I got spoilt by some dick who read ahead on mtl and casually mentioned it on someone else's profile post :blobangery:

6. JagerGodhand

JagerGodhand Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well if we look back we all know that this setback would lead into a huge leap. Just like what happened to Linley when he became the avatar

Mercy likes this.
  7. Mercy

Mercy ...

Reading List:
    Link
    I rly wanna Know how Strong Ning is With his Eternal Omega Dao,Fully Masterd Sword-Heart and His Swords...
    Id guess he is on the same lvl as Lonley King But Weaker than Flamewing and Around Sithe Exalt lvl (Remember 3 Sithe Exalts are needed to capture Flamewing so id guess Flamewing is stronger...At least his Def )

Was it me?
    I have this feeling it was me...
    But i also have a feeling i Didnt ...
    My theread was When will Ning Have His Daomerge i think...
    Hope it wasnt me but i feel like it was
    Its killing me ...

Edit: I just checked everything it wasnt me :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2018
  8. ZhaWarudo

ZhaWarudo TOKI WO TOMARE!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    What kind of plot armor can save him now!?
    Is it........the legendary ultimate plot armor???

9. Mercy

Mercy ...

Reading List:
    Link
    Guess so ...

10. GenericName

GenericName Generic Title

Reading List:
    Link
    Will probably get help from the chaos essence or something like that.
    Since he kinda managed to comprehend the actual complete Sword Dao.

Also

R.I.P. Lonely King.

11. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Ning is finally back to his old self. Just kill him if you can. He's only mortal now. He's going to mess up whoever he wants.
    Well we already know Nuwa is going to solve his problems. Maybe she's already gone beyond Autarch level.

12. kll2ln

kll2ln Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Holy moly that slap was soooo hard that i heard from there

13. StaticHD

StaticHD Supreme Novel Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    There is no freaking way Nuwa is Autarch level. If she was at that level of power, she would have already made her appearance known in the Three Realms using the Dao of Karma to retrace her steps. Assuming she's still alive.

And how is Nuwa gonna solve his True Soul problems? We all know that using the Dao of Life, she created the humans that existed in the Pangu Chaos-world.But by using the Dao of Life and Dao of Death, you think that's enough? Although those Daos have some effect on the true-soul, I doubt that it would be enough to fully heal the control of an Omega-Level Daolord's True Soul that has failed a Daomerge. It may have been possible for her if maybe he was at least a World God or of lower levels of power, but not as a DaoLord and above.

Nuwa most likely is an Eternal Emperor. And considering how much an influence she was in the Three Realms, she could have possibly reached the Hegemon level of power. But no way she is an Autarch. It would seem very stupid for her to reach the level and not return to her homeworld unless she was trapped by an enemy or something.

14. Kraust Howzer

Kraust Howzer The mysterious person of NUF

Reading List:
    Link
    Umu...Ji Ning slapping the lonely king as if he was a chicken. Umu there was a line I read in one of my books in the past.

“I maybe weak now but that doesn’t mean I can’t kill you as easily as I am cutting vegetables.”

Though I don’t know if that line is approximately correct, the line is at least at the correct path.

P.S. Ji Ning just typed in God Mode

15. famous35

famous35 I don't feel like it.

Reading List:
    Link
    How would that even be possible? Nuwa is maybe a few chaos cycle older than Ning. I'd be surprised if she is even an Eternal Emperor. Since she came from Ning's world, she is probably just as talented as Ning if not more, even then, Ning only spend under 10k chaos cycle before he attempted his Daomerge.

16. kennykdogg

kennykdogg Sage of 7 sins

Reading List:
    Link
    Ancient Strengthening Technique had a scene like that after he go b**** smacked by that saint

17. Black_Cat

Black_Cat 『The Cat That Leapt Through Time』

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol almost forgot he ever existed

Although I doubt shes reached Autarchy she must atleast be an Emperor or some influential figure or else she wouldnt have an entire book named after her.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2018
  18. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    So reading back... man. The Lonely King was propped up to be a hollow as hell character to be killed on a whim right from the get go.

Ning killing him was bad-ass and all and I've read that part a few times now since it was so awesome... but i really do feel like we missed out on a huge potential story line here. This conflict could have been written into a great book if Ning weren't ridiculously OP now. If he didn't complete his Dao we could have had Ning fighting in dire circumstance while trying to not increase his souls rate of dissipation. As he fights and runs with his Primal Twin still at home he would eventually find a way to fix his soul, re-attempt the Daomerge then kick some ass.

I feel like we needed a enemy for Ning to face and not just steamroll through. As it stands right now there isn't anyone for Ning to fight in the future or even any possible enemies for him to face.

The Autuarchs are all more or less on the same side and wouldn't weaken The Cultivator Civilization by killing their own Autuarchs. The Sithe are only remnants of the past with zero evidence to show that they will be making any appearance in the future let alone be the main opponent for Ning as he grows stronger. There has been no foreshadowing for any other Civilizations that would threaten The Cultivators or anyone powerful enough to do the same against Ning.
    So i am just unsure where the major conflict and enemies are going to come from for the rest of the novel. I don't want any spoilers before people start putting the answer in Spoiler Quotes. I don't even wanna be tempted.
    But i am curious as to what everyone thinks may happen. Where will Nings enemies come from now that he is so damn strong. Who will or even could face up and fight him Pre-Emperor or Post Emperor (i say Post Emperor because the novel won't end with Ning dead. its inevitable he will succeed somehow eventually). Where does conflict come from moving forward now that no one is willing to mess with him.

19. Ingenuity

Ingenuity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe the rest of DE will just become a slice of life novel where Ning actually interacts with his daughter, disciples, and other minor characters for an extended period of time in text instead of behind the scenes? I mean, judging from how the series has gone so far, the likelihood of that happening is basically zero percent, but that's besides the point.

20. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm thinking there might be some more Sithe left alive in hiding who will attack and be even stronger, needing Ning to power up and save the day.