Shitty ads...

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Slayerwolfx2, Jan 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry but no.
    I just dislike uninformed people saying things that are clearly and easily found to be wrong.
    A few seconds of searching or even reading the posts before yours in this thread would tell you how ignorant and incorrect that statement of yours was.
    Try informing yourself before you make such a broad statement like you did.
    You say you can't go on their site because of the problems, try it and record which ads are causing you problems then send them an email with that info. If you don't care enough to you shouldn't care enough to even post on this topic either.

Xove, Kex and StuffedDuck like this.
  2. Zones

Zones Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not here for you. I'm just here to give useful information to the people who have problems. Because people are always having problems with this one website that they don't have with others.

AliceShiki likes this.
  3. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    Your useful information was telling people that you don't know why WW has never made an effort to fix the problem.
    That isn't useful information... it is a verifiable false statement.

You can be here for whoever you want. But that doesn't change the fact that your statement is both ignorant and false.
    You can say that they haven't been doing a good enough job, that is a fine opinion. But you can't say they haven't made an effort... because oh boy have they ever.

Kex, StuffedDuck and Jaspaaar like this.
  4. gorlax

gorlax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just use adblock why rant about thing that easy to solve

Or maybe u head get kick by donkey
    :cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie:

If u say want help them donate or turn of the adblock if ads get annoying just turn it on or u pc or phone got malwere

5. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I will complain about any ad that crashes my PC, I browse many sites with ads and WW is the only one that ever did that to me. *shrugs*
    Well, people complain about ads on all sorts of sites all the time, it's not just because it's about WW that it's instantly a Qidian employee or something.

Like, I could report redirects if I got them, but the only thing I ever got from WW were PC crashes due to heavy ads, I can't really report that... So, I prefer when people go and make threads, maybe if one of those start popping up every day, they'll finally make their site usable without ad block. (as if... >.>)

6. Morvian

Morvian 『Weakened King』『Abandoned Man』『Man Of Culture』

Reading List:
    Link
    huh? the one who got this problem should post what ads in it? how can i post it when my PC or laptop freeze whenever go to there? don't mention seeing ads, when they're about pop up like countlessly i don't know what ads or what its adress bcz my screen freeze~
    my mouse can't even move dude~

and ww not only site that always give me trouble by freezing PC with their ads, kobatochan and LLS translator site too give same problem~

AliceShiki likes this.
  7. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well had problems getting to the site and figured it was a noscript issue since I usually block everything (though never had an issue previously).

Then I found this. Are they going for some sort of record?

[​IMG]

readerz and AliceShiki like this.
  8. Rule71

Rule71 .....

Reading List:
    Link
    Why can't they be lazy whiney people like all of the normal people? Why do they have to be a wuxia supporter or a qidian shill? Why can't they be lazy whiney normal people, coz I am a lazy person who likes to whine, I'll try to help but mostly? Naah, so how am I a qidian shill, this annoys me as I am either this or that but not in the middle a normal person who doesn't care about the website but the novel and ease of access, so in that case free and easy to read, so sometimes I support wuxia as fuck qidian did some scumbag moves, but other times I'll support it as I like reading on its app and the ads aren't annoying

I recommend turning off JavaScript on Chrome, Chrome helps a lot with recent tabs if you read on phone and pc both, and turning off JavaScript for just wuxiaworld is enough for all the shitty ads in my experience

readerz and AliceShiki like this.
  9. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    *nod nod nod* I lost count of how many times I was labelled as Qidian supporter simply because I acknowledge the fact that Qidian's site is better (AKA, doesn't crash my PC) than WW's. *shrugs*

10. Rule71

Rule71 .....

Reading List:
    Link
    Eli5 please

11. zuizui321

zuizui321 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just think of ads as a way to support the site, just a business thing and is pretty normal.

12. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I think most people here think of ads as a normal thing that we simply have to deal with. Business needs to earn money somehow after all.

The problem is when the ads are bad enough to crash a PC or keep on redirecting you or opening poppups... The thread's title is "Shitty Ads", not "Okay Ads" after alll.

Morvian likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.