Xuanhuan cultivation with other religions.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Hegao, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Hegao

Hegao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know xuanhuan and xianxia are based on Taoist and Buddhism. So I just wondering if it was based on other religions how their cultivation system would be? I think Hinduism would be same. But what about Abraham religions? How will they cultivate? Like how Muslims needed to pray 5 times a day do they needed to cultivation at that time lol.

Well no religion war here ok and no God talking just think there's no God in there they just spawned like that.

2. letmeusefilter

letmeusefilter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    idk how western asian religions would work
    it's not like taoism or buddhism, where you meditate / cultivate for your self rather than pray for a deity

3. RayPeest

RayPeest Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe pivot of the sky contains that exact situation. I think that it would either be based on how faithful you are and what actions you do appease the deity. An example would be how well can you stick to religious principles in a tough decision.

trag23 likes this.
  4. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    Xianxia should mostly be Taoism. But like in Emperor's Domination, they also added in Buddhism but nothing change. So I think that beside Taoism, which ever religion the Author add in won't change anything, at least don't change the cores but only make some changes that follow the religion, while the rest follow what the setting the Author already set up with.

5. Fluffums

Fluffums 【R-18 Researcher】【Seeker of Moe】

Reading List:
    Link
    Cultivation Chat Group has Western cultivators. Basically, they cultivate by training their bodies and souls like Chinese do, but they train their souls through prayer instead of meditation.

6. TotesMyGoats

TotesMyGoats yeetle the teetle

Reading List:
    Link
    Taoism and Buddhism are pretty compatible with most religions so you probably just change the terms and some ideas and you're good to go

7. Johnnycabra

Johnnycabra Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Xianxia is based on taoism but Xuanhuan is the when dealing with western influences which might have taoist mysticism (which it does most of the time). An example is coiling dragon or swallowed star. Coiling Dragon is based on a western aspect of magical laws with a focus on elemental laws. Swallowed Star has a focus on genetic energy, bloodlines, ect with a bit of buddhism with the whole soul/mind aspect (where they talk about the 3 levels of mind training). It has been done but if you meant more on the aspect of like judeo-christian belief cultuvators then I don't know. coiling dragon did do this to a degree with the light factions angel system. There are also other xuanhuan stories where the mc might encounter a priest or something that has similar powers to a cultuvator. heck, warlock of the magus world had a whole arc that dealt with dungeons and dragons mythos and
    linley actually ursurping the 9 circles of hell of baator

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  8. 05858

05858 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Satanism is similar to demon cultive. So, western probably is about how much you make the good. It's interesting, but would be a remask to Taoism, changing ways and names.

Btw I was thinking about recreate the Satanism. I'll read about Satanism and cristianism for create a new Satanism, just for hobby, maybe someday.

But is really sad, the Satanism appearly hasn't no one people to create something good, with a nice purpose. I really need read, I'm so curious about what they has created.

The Satanism looks as just antagonism to Christianism, a really bad villain. You know, just a villain who just waiting to be beated by nice guy.

A example for God tier villain is Hitler, you grown knowing who Hitler is the bad guy, everything say who is the bad guy. A good villain only for everything he has been done and then you found out that Hitler is the true savior and what you had learned is pure bullshit, becoming still more perfect. Aren't fantastic? This is so good because is the real world, the real life, no one writed this. This really happened.

I need give a purpose for Satanism and show for the humanity who Lucifer is the real savior. Because this is the reality, just need of people for show to the world. I need do it, because I'm grateful for the people who showed me the true.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  9. LoneDK

LoneDK Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  10. Awe 128

Awe 128 Sedun dnes esaelp

Reading List:
    Link
    One of reasons that i greatly look down on xuanhuan and xianxia stuff other than the obbious is that they actually dare to make up stories and fantasies , heck even describe the feature of the whatever they believe in which is very f-ed up in my opinion.

As a muslim i can tell you that one of the extremely forbidden things that can he done by us is actually descripe (or at least try to) the features of prophets for example by making a movie about them and getting an actor to represent them. That much is forbidden much less actually trying describe allah or even make stories about allah.
    P.S: im not trying to start a religion war , just saying my opinion on the religious side of xianxia novels.

11. Johnnycabra

Johnnycabra Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But chinese and eastern aisans for that matter don't all believe in religion. sometimes its a philosophy and not a religion. buddhism is a philisophical ideology that is also a religion while taoism is just a philosophy. also, some of chinas older stories are like that where mortals become immortals and drink wine with gods and battle demons. Its like their story journey to the west but on steroids.

12. Awe 128

Awe 128 Sedun dnes esaelp

Reading List:
    Link
    Fair enough maybe the religion just permits well I don't really care as it was just a little wondering i had lol.

13. Hegao

Hegao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I said there's no God didn't? Just think it Spawn out of nowhere. As a Muslim I of course don't like people representing prophets let alone Allah.