Discussion Question for all read description

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mnotia, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it hard for you to hold in your feelings when you fail at something?

I don't know for other people but I express myself whenever I have the big emotions like Happiness, Sadness, and Anger.

Whenever someone holds in their emotions I feel somethin.....do you guys? That feeling that maybe some of that persons clump is your fault.

I really can't understand why people hold stuff in. Is it for professionalism or some sort of acknowledgement?

Write your own answer not some yes or no, please.

2. Shem

Shem ┃ᐕ) ⁾⁾「Lv 69 BL Hunter」☆ Vrelty's Seme ♤♡ ꪋς꧖ ☆

Reading List:
    Link
    What I only hold is my phone. <.<;;

Jk. I don't hold my emotions. I meant, when I'm angry, I really look angry. When I feel happy, I would show my happiness. When I feel like crying, I would cry.

3. majinrat

majinrat Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    as a kid i did hold in most of my emotions due to depression and now that i am an adult i find it very hard to express myself physically example i am freaking exstatic and the most i show is a small grin or depressed rock bottom etc is just normal face only my best friend can tell any change and even she can only do it for 1/4 of the time

MEGA SPARTA CHICKEN, kenar and Igneus like this.
  4. Englandismycity

Englandismycity Rap God Nick Crom-... okay, I regret my username

Reading List:
    Link
    Use those emotions to fuel your next attempt at the task or hurdle. A wise man will never act recklessly on petty emotions.

5. imsodone

imsodone 『Creep』

Reading List:
    Link
    I dunno about that. I think I'm weird because emotions don't work the right way for me.

Whether I'm angry or sad or happy, it just fades. Like I'm angry now then next minute I'm like 'meh idc'

6. Varno

Varno True Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I stiffle any emotion I can, a sort of defense. But if they're intense enough they get through, loud and clear.

7. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    WOAH A XIAXIA MASTER

Englandismycity likes this.
  8. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    I have trouble showing my emotions, and I don't think I'm a rare type. It just depends how you grew up. Elementary school, I was the crybaby everyone would tease. And then one day it just stopped. Haven't been the same since. Tbh, I sometimes purposely try to make myself cry. How better to know you're human and not some robot?

PS: When I fail, I don't really cry or anything...but I get super stressed, sick, and really bad migraines.

ohko likes this.
  9. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    There is a time for both.

Expressing yourself is important and it isn't healthy to bottle everything up. That isn't to say that you should be an open book and express everything you feel.
    There is a time for when you let it out and feel what you need to feel. Then there are times where you just hold it in and keep it down. Though you shouldn't plan on keeping it like that. Just compartmentalize temporarily and then still deal with the issue and emotions.
    That's the healthiest and the most socially acceptable. Hide it, then let it out when you aren't at work or some public equivalent.

10. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    YOU NEED A LITERAL DOCTOR LIKE BRUV IF YOU GET SICK FROM SOMETHING THAT DOESNT PHYSICALLY HARM YOU YOU MIGHT HAVE CATARAX OR EBOLA

11. Password

Password [The Forgotten One][Well-Known Password]

Reading List:
    Link
    I hold in my emotions negative emotions but I express my positive ones, although it's not healthy to hold in your negative emotions cause one day you can burst and it will affect everyone around you..... But either way I still hold it in cause I don't really know how to express negative emotions/I don't want to express them cause I feel like other people will want to get involved and I'm not the best at talking

12. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    I usually (since I live by abandoned train tracks) scream as loud as i fucking can until my throat hurts

13. Password

Password [The Forgotten One][Well-Known Password]

Reading List:
    Link
    That's a good way but there is no place like that where I am, at best there is an elementary school, I could scream as loud as I can there but the cops might come...

14. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    use your anger. . .
    to turn into a Super Saiyan!!!

jokes aside. . .
    when i'm angry sometimes i vent it into games. . . or sometimes i seek out the root of my anger, weight it, analyze it and if it is a person or a deed well talk to the peraon itself. .
    but once i lashed out due to my family members having arguement. . . and somehow it goes on and on so i punched the wall
    (good thing it didn't crumble viva to the designer of the house my grandpa)
    and told to to shut up and talk it out to thmeselves. . . what happened? well they entered to their room and talked in whispers. . .
    well i just lashed out cause i was reading and hell my door is thin. . .and somehow they are fighting about petty things,

15. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea

16. NasVersix

NasVersix [Natural A-hole]

Reading List:
    Link
    When my emotions reach an extreme level, they dissipate. I no longer care about what I was feeling about anymore.

17. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    HULK but in all seriousness dont punch walls punch the ground or throw punches at your shadow it feels good after like 5 minutes

18. nehpets747

nehpets747 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Emotions are like so for losers, they be like oh my gosh really why you so stupid" - hillarump 2016

19. Ramon54xg

Ramon54xg Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am this way too, I think that it's a sort of defence? I wasn't this way before, when I was a kid I really expressed myself when I was happy I laughed and when I was sad I cried, but I think that I have a sort of trauma about something that happened to me, when I was younger I had crooked teeth (now I fixed them with braces), I didn't had any problems with it but one day when I was in a party with my friends, we were a little drunk (teenager thing, we were young and wanted to try drinking) and we decided to take a picture, I laughed really hard (I was having fun) but on the picture my teeth appeared really ugly and my friends started to make fun of it, they even showed the picture to one girl that I was kinda liking at the time and she laughed too, I was so ashamed at the time, since then I started to control my smiles, just grinning sometimes, and it just became an habit of mine now, also I was shy when I was younger and acting indifferent and don't showing my shyness helped it.

20. majinrat

majinrat Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i used to have a punching bag to wail when i had negative emotions that i couldn't talk out with anybody it also helps if you have a friend to vent to that will listen and discuss it with it you the talking part is practice it took me 5 to 8 years and i still suck at talking about my problems to my friend