Question RoyalRoadl? To read or not?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Fiftyshadesofsucku, Jan 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fiftyshadesofsucku

Fiftyshadesofsucku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Never read on Royalroad or Japtem.

I’ve seen lots of people posting and commenting things about the novels in royalroad.. so I’ve finally decided to read!
    But, I feel a bit reluctant. I think it’s the sort of feeling u get when u listen to a “cover” of a song while it’s not the “real” song, idk. And no there are probably many that are original in royalroad(hopefully!), although it doesn’t matter as long as the author put a good roll of his own. all I’m saying is I want to try to read a novel there and to have a very good first impression? I usually read novels with game elements(Amber sword), long cultivation path(Renegade Immortal) or anti-heroes( like Reverend Insanity). Any recommendations?

2. Scholar Occult Cauldron

Scholar Occult Cauldron Bonk Maestro | Ascended

Reading List:
    Link
    Some things were good but a majority weren't. Even then, a lot of the good ones are never finished and the author disappears.

3. ZachB

ZachB Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well sometimes you will feel like the cover is better than the original song.

4. TotesMyGoats

TotesMyGoats yeetle the teetle

Reading List:
    Link
    No reason not to read. Although I don't personally love them, Andur's works are a great place to start

5. RayPeest

RayPeest Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Everybody loves large chests incorperates game elements and anti-hero protag so it should be something to start with. It does have a lot of 18+ moments at the start, but dies down in descrpition and frequency later.

6. Wayang Emperor The First

Wayang Emperor The First 《The First Loli》《Cute Little Kid♡》

Reading List:
    Link
    A few gems and lots of dirt!!!!

7. Vsolon

Vsolon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As an author who writes on RRL and as someone who has watched the site for years now and has read a number of story on NU, I can say this. There are a number of stories being TLed far worse than some of the things you'll find on RRL, but as an amateur writing site the number of things that are worse than the things TLed on NU is higher. You'll find stories that are really to your liking on RRL, or you just won't. RRL has produced things worth reading, you just need to try really hard to find them...

Oh and on a side note, a lot of authors do drop their stories or may drop their stories. There are groups though that have a pledge where they pledge to finish their story, but those authors are a minority.

8. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    The main thing about royalroad and sites like it is to take all the novels with a bit of salt. Don't get very attached because a lot of novels on there have the curse of 20. Curse of 20 is is the idea that the author shoots out around 20 chapters in a organized manner but after that the release rate either slows to a snails speed or drops completely. I use the site for mainly filler to wait for other novels to keep going or to just kill some time. Really there is only three novels on the site that I continuously follow/wait for the new release the others are just there.

9. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    Sadly I agree. Many authors never finish their works, but I’m glad I decided to take a chance and read. Even thou the road is filled with heartache. The moments of pure joy makes it worth it. I guess it’s a lot like real life when it comes to finding your true love.

Here’s an example. While it’s an incredible story, but it was never finish.

https://royalroadl.com/fiction/3972/the-defective-hermit

10. ronueda

ronueda Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try Andur's novels for a start.

Zeraphin and Fiftyshadesofsucku like this.
  11. Mordiggian

Mordiggian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Most of the top rated novels on RRL are professional quality, but make sure to look at the update rate before picking a novel up (to make sure it hasn't been forgotten by the author or whatever).
    The Wandering Inn has game elements and is one of my top 3 on the site (updates 2x a week and has over 5800 pages so far)

Fiftyshadesofsucku likes this.
  12. aridharma

aridharma Hikikomori NEET

Reading List:
    Link
    a high risk place. loot of good start story but die down fast. and loot of abandoned story there.
    i hate to say this, but QI are better place

13. Belgarion_V

Belgarion_V 『The Supreme Chuuni』『Explosion Loli』

Reading List:
    Link
    Everybody Loves Big Chests is good and not about b00bs

14. Legendary_Exor

Legendary_Exor {Even this Turtle knows NTR is evil]

Reading List:
    Link
  15. Gigaknife

Gigaknife 1v1 MW, King, No M4, No 725

Reading List:
    Link
    Before you start ANYTHING on rrl, look at the time of last release. These words will save you grief. If it's been more or less 3 days, read. If it's been 3 weeks, coin flip, or check if there was a hiatus announcement. 3 months, I recommend that you not read it. There are rare cases like Paladin where the authors come back after long hiatuses, and weird situations like Number One Under Heaven where it's an inbetween kind of situation. However, these kinds of hiatuses are in the slim with a capital 'S' minority. Be aware, if you disregard this advice, blame yourself if you get ghosted. I Recommend
    Starting with the books on this list:
    https://forum.royalroadl.com/showthread.php?tid=97007&pid=819235#pid819235
    These authors have pledged to finish their stuff, and so far, have proven trustworthy.
    That list is the best way to start your new addiction. If you like what you saw there, then go and explore. There are better books then even those out there. Just be ready to dig through a countless amount of trash to find the gems.
    Happy reading.

16. LoLzM

LoLzM Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  17. nehpets747

nehpets747 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sometimes the grammar is bad but there are a good one in there, just have to look

18. nazmulm

nazmulm The Lord of Sloth

Reading List:
    Link
  19. SenjiQ

SenjiQ [Wise, for a Bird]

Reading List:
    Link
    There are a lot, lot, lot, lot, lot, lot of really bad things of RRL, but every now and then you find something more wondrous than anything you've ever read... that stops being updated, usually in the middle of an arc.

20. Legendary_Exor

Legendary_Exor {Even this Turtle knows NTR is evil]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup. Going through my favorites and seeing so many novels I really enjoyed just collecting dust and not being updated. But for the hundreds of stories like that, there's always one that's pure gold and it gets completed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.