Discussion Suggestions for must-read novels

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Parth37955, Oct 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EthanTrammell

EthanTrammell Member

Reading List:
    Link
    that's quiet a great list. Though I have read some of these. But would definitely try the others in the list.

2. Akashura

Akashura [Fake-Harem Hater][Saber Fanboy][Tsundere Lover]

Reading List:
    Link
    Gekkou - A very good oneshot containing mystery, psychological and rom genres. The MC and FMC are complex and great. Side characters are also interesting.

For newbies that haven't read much novels and don't feel like starting with series' having lots of volumes and fantasy genre right away, this is a great choice. Also, anyone who likes romance and mystery should read it.

Mlaser likes this.
  3. Sujihiko

Sujihiko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No Game No Life Volume 6~~~~!!!!

4. number 999

number 999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    worth a walk here

5. dbtown

dbtown New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Enders Game by Orson Scott Card

BB_Tensei likes this.
  6. Read1212

Read1212 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Plague by Albert Camus

7. ahmedelgamal

ahmedelgamal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    iam now still in ch4 in Da tang Shuang Long Zhuan - can you motive me to continue :D

8. BB_Tensei

BB_Tensei [Crystal Operator][Jack of all Trades]

Reading List:
    Link
    Seconded.

9. FussyBadger

FussyBadger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you thought about updating this list since a new calendar year is about to end?

10. Vanagandr

Vanagandr [ Outer God ] [ Sleeping ]

Reading List:
    Link
    just watching this thread
    :blobhero: :blobhero: :blobhero: :blobhero: :blobhero: :blobhero: :blobhero: :blobhero: :blobhero: :blobhero:
    :blobninja: :blobninja: :blobninja: :blobninja: :blobninja: :blobninja: :blobninja: :blobninja: :blobninja: :blobninja:

11. Wissenwolf

Wissenwolf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Comedy
    My disiple died yet agian
    Histories strongest elder brother

12. Raitonoberuworld

Raitonoberuworld New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How A Realist Rebuilt the Kingdom Aka Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki
    Definitely a good read (different POV) for a isekai genre of Japanese Light Novel

13. WorstNameEver

WorstNameEver Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Alright. I am gonna mention my top 3 picks for both Chinese and Japanese light novels.
    Note all these novels were among the first 5 i read of that culture and to this day i still go back a read a few arcs.
    I'll start with Japanese since that one is easier. Genre will be included. Counting from 3.
    #3 Highschool DxD (ecchi, harem, romance, action and Angel+Demon)
    So at #3 is Highschool DxD. contrary to popular (or unpopular) opinion, this book actually comes with a stunningly good plot and progression. the characters are well fleshed out and each have their quirks. The reason this one isn't 2nd is because i beleieve the ecchi is taken to far. Sure if it is romance related thats great but seriously?? poke a tit and boom he levels up. I am fine with sex in books but stuff like this and especially Testament of a Sister Devil (Even worse, more serious about ecchi still powerups) and Masou HxH i think its called take it too far.

#2 Irregular at magic high school
    This book is what happens when a unique way of having magic is done right. in this world, magic is like coding. you have a device with spells "coded in" and you simply select spell, trigger it and donate your magic power (i forget what its called in this).
    The character is overpowered but tbh, 50% of japanese books have op MC's and at least this isn't a generic reincarnation harem.

Honourable mentions.
    ok so i have 2 of these.
    The first one is mushoku tensei and it is a reincarnation. I will say it isn't a harem but i have inly got to volume 11 before i discovered the number 1's on both lists. Its alright.
    This other mention is quite similiar to the number 1 but different. personally i think this one deserves number 3 on the list purely because like number 1, the character has great power but severe consequences afterwards and he can still be beaten (i think).
    The book is Asterisk Wars. I quite like it and it is good in a quiet way. unlike the #1 on the list.

AND THE NUMBER ONE FOR JAPANESE LIGHT NOVELS IS.......
    CHIVALRY OF A FAILED KNIGHT!!!
    if i had to say one word for this book it would be wow. the characters are so well defined and even characters who don't play a prominent role like the journalist (the typical big boob loli with big glasses) are very fleshed out. probably the biggest clincher of this book series tho.... is the romance.
    They actually start having a proper (non sexual) relationship by the end of book 2. And the author made it very authentic and realistic. even the arguement in book 2 sounds like me when i was 18 lol. The main character is a very rare to find character nowadays. He is driven by his self belief and determination to acheive his goals unlike issei who just wants the tits.
    anyway next up is same deal but for Chinese light novels. I am gonna add sight these ones are found on currently (one of them changed and Novelupdates is shit for binging)
    #3 Battle through the heavens (Wuxiaworld)
    this book is great. the character is quite strong, but he has put in the effort and risk to get strong. after all, he went from being the youngest dou shi (i think??? forgot low level cultivation levels like that cos chap 700 so nice) in his city. he loses said cultivation and becomes rank 3 of the lowest cultivation realm. however, he pulls his way up and within 3 years he can compete with someone who has been nurtured by a strong sect (at that time) for 5 years. He deserves all the strength he has and even his cultivation technique can kill him easily.

#2 True martial world (Qidian/webnovels)
    This is a great book. starts veeery slow but the pace speeds up massively after a particular invasion. anyway, this book keeps up the amazimg reputation i beleive this author has. personally i prefer the number one on the list by same person but most say this one is better.

AND THE NUMBER ONE CHINESE LN IS...
    MARTIAL WORLD!!!
    This book is great. it is the prequel for tmw and imo is even better. the cultivation systems are quite similiar... i mean MW you eventually make a world in you dantian and its a palace atm in Tmw. that brings it down to characters. I beleive Lin Ming is better than Yi Yun (think thats his name, get confused with BTTH's Yun Che lol) in terms of techniques. A word of caution for those that want to read both at same time, after the Tree incident (u will know when u get there) Yi Yun will be in the second realm he visits in the series. DO NOT READ TO WHEN HE GOES TO SOME RUINS BECAUSE OF A "CURSE"!!!!
    If you do then you are screwed lol. either way, i read MW first then started TMW and i will admit that tmw does have quite some major spoilers but they can be avoided.
    the way to avoid is simple, If u are fine with minor spoiler then read MW to the point Lin Ming goes through his 9th stage life destruction. Then start reading TMW. or u can read tmw until he is going to compete as a member of the Luo clan against this lightning wolf.
    anyway, dont read into the ruins in like chaps 1100+ please for tmw. it will spoil a character that is mentioned in the sypnosis. it mentions one of lin mings wives and she only even spoke like 5 sentences to lin ming atm. but she appears in tmw and tmw sypnosis says one of Lin Mings wives and the purple crystal get sent into space. thats what i mean by major spoiler

14. mrducky

mrducky Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  15. LuftRauser

LuftRauser [Count LuftCula] [try to get active II]

Reading List:
    Link
    Hell yes! EER is gud!!!
    I think it should be on the list
    Hmm.. what else ...
    Try read: the girl who ate/eat the death god.
    Pretty solid story. A dark story type

16. yogesh12

yogesh12 Hater of Generic Novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Immortal (Immortality at LNMTL) for kingdom building and Strongest System hahahaha it's a troll novel and one of the best comedy novels out there

Freezy likes this.
  17. ThaneD

ThaneD Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The World Online - I came along this by chance and so far it's been a pretty good read! Has some good kingdom building in it and makes you think of what a kingdom needs to get going.

18. Little Star

Little Star Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    is there any must read suggestion on suspense or survival genre?

19. Monkey King Sun

Monkey King Sun Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I suggest issth and coiling dragon, sci-fi novels like swallowed star and tempest of the battlefield and kingdom building novels like release that witch and tales of the reincarnated lord

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  20. Freezy

Freezy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 for Immortality, one of my fav novels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.