LCD The King of the Battlefield

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Saint, May 17, 2016.

1. Saint

Saint 圣人

Reading List:
    Link
    http://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-king-of-the-battlefield/

Author's Synopsis:
    Translator's Synopsis:
    These early chapters have been strongly reminiscent of Reincarnator, although the translator said "the author goes in a completely different direction" later on.

The story is only just beginning, but I'm enjoying it so far.

2. SimplyAShadow

SimplyAShadow Not Dead Yet

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, so far it does seem reminiscent of how Reincarnator has an MC from a 'doomed humanity' who seems to know everything initially and is really skilled at combat.
    It'll be interesting to see how he changes the story to differ from Reincarnator, but it's too early to say
    Looking forward to more!

3. AnAnimal

AnAnimal Idk mane

Reading List:
    Link
    MC = Badass

4. NIlsy

NIlsy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Checked the release dates on both web novels and the reincarnator is indeed the earlier one by 3 months, you never know sometimes translation does not equal first released.

Im also going to keep my eye on this one and see how it plays out reincarnator impressed me, get a feeling this is much more fantasy compared to Reincarnators sci-fi.

5. craBebe

craBebe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol.. scarecrow beating in c3. Anyone else feel this is a nod to Weed?

kainee likes this.
  6. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if he'll get a better prize than the other guy for completing the challenge so quickly? Like a better version of the Necromancer class or class specific equipment? Its already a hidden class though, so I'm not sure there could be a better version.

Also wondering how he's going to avoid dying from his wounds.

whitenest likes this.
  7. emptycube

emptycube Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG! It's great to see a LCD for KotB! Thanks!
    I just wanted to clarify that we are reading our novels as we translate as we like to read the comments and try to discuss what might happen next so we don't actually know if it goes in a 'completely different direction'. I've seen reviews saying that later on it really is different from Reincarnator but alas I haven't read far enough. :c

Yup! I started off reading LMS (helped with translating it too) before I got into CN novels. :) good times! So I really like seeing those nods to LMS in the story.

Thanks! I hope someone ends up translating Memorize, which is the one that is considered to have popularized this genre in Korea. It will be interesting seeing the different styles of writing. The author for KotB is a bit new. He had quite a following on his previous novel and I really am hoping that this novel good.

:)

Yoni is translating the next arc so I don't know either :c But considering the trend we've seen so far, I expect an upgrade from Necromancer since it looks like the author wants Muyoung to get strong enough for the 'ceremony' and 'The Great Calamity'.

EDIT: Hi, I am Myoni. Translator, Editor and Leecher.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
  8. nEoQuIcKsiLvEr

nEoQuIcKsiLvEr Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Getting really good. I'm glad I followed this after seeing the Necromancy tag. I just want more Necromancer protags like Ainz.

kainee and Quitutatur like this.
  9. Saint

Saint 圣人

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, ok. Maybe he ends up joining the Demon Legions or something. But I guess we'll have to wait and see. haha

And hi! Thanks for translating.

10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if his other three classes will also be Lord classes. Also wondering if getting other classes will cause friction with the entity that gave him this class.

Further wondering if he'll turn the people in the Forest of Death into his undead army? Or, considering how his ability works, an undead creature of some sort. Human centipede type thing or something.

11. emptycube

Reading List:
    Link
    o/ Thanks~ Yeah I think he will too, since he said in a prev chap that it wasnt a bad idea?

I think it will be interesting to see how he gets to reanimate corpses, since there is an Art stat. Does he have any say during the process or is it just based on the materials :/ eww Human Centipede *shudders*
    But I do like this class a lot better than necromancer. It looks like it has a higher learning curve than just summoning armies of skeletons so the mc will have to make careful decisions, idk if he can reuse bodies that had reanimated before.

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    He gets a lot of input since he's the one Frankensteining them together. The thing he can't control are the final stats and skills. I think those are mostly based on how artistic the one that granted him the class thinks that his creations are.

Though using higher quality materials will result in a higher quality undead if both undead have the same art score, so in that sense, he does have a very minimal level of control over the final stats. That is, he can set their minimum values. Assuming that Art scores can't fall below 0, nothing he creates will ever be weaker than half the strength of what it was created from so long as the body isn't too badly mangled.

emptycube likes this.
  13. emptycube

Reading List:
    Link
    mhm but from reading the chapter, it seemed like he just said the skill and the body reanimated. Maybe there are different degrees of control and he's too weak right now? Hopefully the author shows it in more detail when the mc uses it against the boss monsters.

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, that's why he got an Art score of 0. He didn't put any effort in and left the mangled corpse as-is. If he'd sewn up the wounds or attached a few other monsters or their parts, then his score would likely have been higher and the resultant undead, stronger.

15. Saint

Saint 圣人

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 20 was a good one. I'm liking the artistic aspect of the Death Lord class.

Juroku and emptycube like this.
  16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope they're smart enough to stay out of trouble while he deals with the brats.

I wonder if he'll turn this guy into an undead and send him after the other four?

emptycube likes this.
  17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that he doesn't understand what makes the MC strong or capable of gathering people. Its definitely not charisma.

I'm not really sure how giving up on life is a display of strong will.

It sounds like the little girl needs to find a skill or item that generates an anti-magic field. Inside of one of those, she would almost always be stronger than anyone else even close to her experience level.

18. emptycube

Reading List:
    Link
    Well. I'd like to think Taehwan is too inexperienced at this moment. He's not confident enough and I think his leadership style is too passive for the Underworld tbh.
    The anti-magic field looks like it only affects skills, so anyone with really good equipment still wouldn't be too disadvantaged.

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, I was misunderstanding that section. Still, it would give her a definite advantage over most people. I doubt there are many people that don't rely on skills for extra stats to at least some extent, especially at higher power levels.

20. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It obviously depends on how you interpret it. For example Boromir's last stand was a display of strong will. Taehwan never threw away his shield and stopped fighting. He was determined to at least get some people out of it alive.

I think you may have had it right. From what I understood there's the base stats and the support stats. It seemed like an anti magic field may suppress support stats regardless of the origin.

If it's an anti magic field then magical classes are probably already screwed. If it's a physical class user like a knight then their class probably makes it easier for them to gain base stats in physical stats so they probably wouldn't be completely defenseless.